/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>/palg/ Discord
discord.gg/SNwXWHe

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB54)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?47555-Open-Beta-54-Patch-Notes-July-12-2017

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&index=1&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=V5TSsepFwBM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9&index=1

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

>Reveal Trailer (Lian):
youtube.com/watch?v=ZuUX6cakDT0

>PTS (Play Test Server):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

>PTS Steam Version:
steam://install/596350

>Bug Reporting Thread (OB54 PTS):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?47532-OB-54-PTS-Bug-Reporting-and-Known-Issues

Previous thread:

I want to support Fernando's endeavors!

ded off gate

Those skins are actually good so they'll never make them

What are you talking about

Those are already in PTS, they just stuck in christmas crates so you'll have to shell out 1.2k Wetkoala tears to guarantee you get them.

Oh, I thought it was just fanart
Post in-game pics

Just watch the preview.

what do ice inara and ice tyra sound like

both are nightbane 2.0

Game of Thrones-esque.

ewww

I'll keep their default voice then

>Accelerant: Grumpy Bomb detonates 50% faster

This is going to be so cancerous jesus christ.
With these new ultimates Grumpy Bomb is now better than 80% of the ultimates in the game.

What? I thought /palg/ told me that Bomb King is ruined for shitters now wtf guys?

Resilience 2 already make it pretty useless and it's only 600 credits

I do wonder if people never pick resilience.

I don't understand why they didn't just change the knockback boost from only on self to only on enemies. Now he has two legendaries for one ability and they all don't really change up his game as much compared to each other.

So now that OB54's flipping the table in terms of balance, how do you think tier movements will be?

Androxous: Drop down a notch but since he's just at normal mobility before legendaries, most mainers should be able to adapt. The new Darkstalker will probably be an autopick over Heads will roll if you just want damage.

Ash: Bump up to A tier. I thought the range buff made her damn good at anti-air since she has the longest range but now with auto det, she's damn ace as a support tank like Ruckus

Barik: Same, the slug rounds don't feel much better than the turret

Buck: Dropped to trash tier. Most of his damage output's just dropped to shit.

Bomb King: Dropped down a notch but the new Accelerant and Demolition's made his grump bomb seriously good for point clearing. He can either clear off non-tanks with the former or with the latter.

Cassie: Same. Blast shot buff was not enough and Big Game's more forgiving but still niche.

Drogoz: A slap on the wrist nerf but I think with so many Anti-Air buffs like Ash and Lian, he's going to be shot outta of the sky pretty often.

Evie: Got hit hard by the nerfs. I ran an Over the moon build but the fact they didn't give me CD reduction on top of the damage buff makes it really difficult for me to use her. Not to mention her teleport nerf by more than half.

Fernando: Might be top tier now. Flanknado is back in business, launching 2 sec fireballs down the enemy team.

Grover: Sniper grover is back with more than 50% damage boost with Ferocity.

Inara: Literally Broken Tier. Tremors can be canceled early and still give refund means your Walls are on 3 sec cooldown while Treacherous Grounds haven't updated the model so people are getting glued even though it looks like they are far enough to be safe.

Lex: Probably equal but the new retribution makes him incredible good at dueling if he got the right target with the Retribution randomness.

I honestly dont understand what lowrez was thinking buffing grover Ferocity by 50%.
Hes in a extremely good spot atm with Deep Root.

Continued

Maeve:
Triple Jump was good for mobility but you lacked burst. Now she has a bit more so she's slightly better than trash.

Makoa: Now there's a reason to pick Leviathan but you probably only pick it if your team has a ton of damage to nuke your Hooked target.

Mal: A bump to equal Seris as top healer. Also if you're really good at landing snek tosses, devastating for CC.

Pip: A buff since CC immunity can save you from a ton of bad situations compared to a double jump.

Ruckus: Holy shit, the buff to Fuel reserves send him flying like a rocket. The Overdrive one's situational as hell but at least it will have an effect unlike the Ammo buff. He's probably really good in a mobile comp lineup.

Series: Minor buff to last patch.

Shalin: Are you Ready Ready Ready? Pub stomping with the new shifting sands and now he's hand downs the best sniper with Desert Shadow's ridiculous Alpha.

Torvold: A minor compensation for the trashing he got, probably still trash.

Tyra: A minor utility boost for team comp, might see her more in pro scenes.

They significantly change the counter for grumpy bomb types though. You use Accelerant for when the enemy has little shields and Demolition for complete Area Denial. Now BK's grumpy has to be taken seriously by any type of teams.

Yeah, I think he's going to be one of the most busted champs next patch - he's already really strong. He's going to have one of the highest DPS outputs in the game. As a healer. With no reloads.

And there's your answer. He's only good with Deep Roots. There literally was no reason to take Ferocity before. Now it's more of a choice now. Do you take Deep Roots but give up the damage or Ferocity but give up the CC?

You think it's going to be any choice?

Ferocity will allow you to 2-3 shot almost any hero.

Only theorycrafting here, but with Ferocity, you would be incredibly vulnerable to flanks like Andro, Evie, Buck or Lex with Discovery that can pressure you close range. Without Deep Roots they can fly circle around you and burst you down.

>incredibly vulnerable
Yeah you only have 3300 health, healing, a cripple, and vine
How will you ever escape
Grover is truly doomed

This is Ying.
She is my wife.

These threads have been surprisingly quick, I almost can't keep up with them. They have also been hitting bump limit at quite the unfortunate times.
I hope my Ying can forgive me, as I can't claim my eternal love for her while in my sleep if a new thread is made at such an untimely moment.
I'm sure she'll understand though. After all, there is no one that can rival her kindness! Needless to say, it is because of this and a million other things that I love her!

ur unworthy

With Lian coming out, why not change to the latest model? Ying is old and busted.

>taunting and spraying after every single kill or fight you were part of
Why are you NOT doing this, palg?

When I play healer and I see someone do this I ignore them the entire game.

I need to remind myself to do that. I am usually so focused on the game to remember pressing taunt or spray in any game.

i keep forgetting

Hey now, I always try my best for my girl. I wish I could type while sleeping, but sometimes it's simply out of my reach.
It is of no consequence however, my love for Ying continues even throughout sleep!

It is Ying who I love; I don't plan to ever betray her trust and change her for anyone else, as she is already perfect in my eyes.

>all these legendary changes
>none for Ying, who has some of the weakest in the game

feelsbadman

I'll let you know I have been able to make new OPs constantly for this general. If I can do it why can't you? Ying should be my wife. You're unworthy.
She's a dark lord master of the abyss anyways.

I bet you're doing this as a dirty godslayer as well. Disgusting.

Imagine Androxus killing a god and then spray a grafitti on her dead body then proceed to spin his gun on top of the god's dead body.

this is the reason why he was cursed

early morning hours are strange

I am lmao. The most fun i've had in paladins in months has been to constantly spray and emote after every kill, only to start a spray and emote war with the enemy team

I've been unlucky with the timings, that's all.
My punctuality is not of importance, as long as my love stays true and pure. She knows that no matter if I post early or maybe a little late, I love her just the same.
And no, she's not evil. It goes to show you don't care about her as I do, as you're willing to make up such horrible lies about her.

if Lian's ult damage can be reduced by blast shields or haven then tier 1 will reduce it from 1600 to 1488 damage
Hirez are fucking nazi scum I knew it

>Buck: Dropped to trash tier.
I think it depends how the air knock up thing will work, he has a card for like 60% cooldown reduction as well as one for reducing jump cooldown by a flat amount, if it's able to better ensure he can get a kill then he may still be able to work
what the fuck are hirez thinking giving buck nerf after nerf after nerf then after finally giving him bounce house nerfing him harder then ripping it away from him, it's not fucking fair

Hi-Rez doesn't think

Pros will use it for the 1 sec invincibility anyway, to cross counter other ults like Drogoz's punch or win any duel with it.

because half the games I play hirez fucks up and I'm not able to spray

meanwhile evie loses her damage bonus, but gets double projectile speed, then immediately gains a new damage bonus
I have a friend who lives in the same city as their offices it's like they want me to give him a call to firebomb their servers

If I was a designer, I'd make this

>Further decreases your falling speed and you can now place clones in the air
>float around like an idiot during Dimensional Link

They really need some more creative fucks over there

>Nando legendary that reflects a small portion of the damage done to his shield damage
>Tyra legendary that replaces her Grenade with a deployable Bear Trap

So when is the patching coming lads?
Im gonna be honest here and say that im excited to try out these new changes

wednesday

>>Nando legendary that reflects a small portion of the damage done to his shield damage
Hell he already had a card like that in the closed beta so they already have that idea ready

>he picked a character who will probably be removed from the game in 3-4 patches to be his waifu

If they haven't removed Skye until now they for sure won't remove Ying.

because everyone love's androxus' reversal and zhin's counter

lol

But I love Zhin's counter. I play Zhin with Retaliation but that has nothing to do with it.

Dear God, when will Buck gets a buff? I enjoy his abilities and all I want is to kick ass with his not-Hogan skin.

I'm still gonna use him once the patch hits live though.

>play vs retaliation zhin
>dumbass grohk kept using his lmb on him while Zhin is in my face

Hopefully next patch now that they have tuned everyone's legendaries to be about on the same level.

A good Buck can make due with one jump, and I have learned to be wary of anyone playing a buck with more than 10 mastery levels on him.
In my case, the second jump was only ever used to bail out of areas after I was dead.

>play zin
>charge tank
>enemy dragon fires barrage
>parry ever shit and kill the tank and healer
power of friendship that.

>spin onto point against torvald/seris/viktor
let the bodies hit the floor

all this update really means is you'll have to play far more committed as buck
lifesteal and the net legendaries were never actually really bad (longer sustain and better burst damage) it's just that compared to the utility and effectiveness of bounce house (twice the effective range, double jump damage on a target, sudden change of plan either diving onto a new target or getting the heck out of dodge on the go, etc.)
this new bounce house will probably function similar to the net legendary to confirm kills better by damaging and knocking enemies into the air, but this means that cooldown reduction cards for eliminations will be the sole way to get your second jump out
if you want to survive long enough to jump out again you either take the lifesteal legendary to stay alive longer until enemies build caut up, or you take one of the other two more suited to your playstyle to better ensure you get the kill so you can get back out
as much as I hate what this means for buck since he loses so much potential only having one jump at a time I have to admit as a concept I think this change is justified since it makes all three legendaries viable except debatably the net one, which should prevent bucks from being one trick ponies and diversify their play
knowing hirez though the jump's going to be shit not, the net will remain garbage, and the lifesteal's just going to be shutdown by burst damage and caut so they can leave buck out in the trash once and for all like they've been trying to do this entire time

>Last 7 champions have been low mobility
>Hi-Rez now nerfs nearly everything related to mobility
>People try to claim that Hi-Rez isn't on some crusade against mobility
Unless they do a complete 180 you can expect nerfs for what's left of mobility in the coming patches.

i bet tequila is trying to make maeve good again

Martini has already said mobility will be negative for the game, so I doubt any of the upcoming champions would have good mobility either. If they do they would be incredibly fragile like Evie this patch.

Then maybe he should start by actually BUFFING MAEVE

comment of the day

Why would anyone in their right mind would pick Kinessa in Primal Court, Im so fucking sick of these shitheads.

>lol i can pew pew out of danger, and if shit hits the fan i go hidy on spawn XD
I find joy while breaking their illusion.

Because mines, I guess?
Also if they stick at the spawn door they can duck back in for a full heal before dying.

>top 3 in frags in every match
>least deaths in every match
>highest objective time every match
>still lose

I am done playing supports

Because anyone who picks Kinessa and genuinely considers her a good attacker is a delusional shitter.

Well, they are keeping to their promise at least.

Give me a good Fernando loadout that can be used to both flank and tank in OB54. I am looking at picking Last Stand 4 and Heat Transfew 4 and run Aegis, though I feel like if this is the case my fireballs won't have that huge of an effect anymore.

Makoa

Nah man, if he makes everyone slow Maeve will be queen even with her nerfs!

Last Stand 4 for heals definitely, uh and probably Fireball cd reduction card on 3 for -30% (6-->4 sec cd). be creative with the rest. The card that reduces charge cd if your shield takes dmg on 2 is probably a good idea.

Barik is the best tank for Onslaught, there is no denying that.

>I'm still gonna use him once the patch hits live though.

Why would you do that to yourself, they even removed his leap damage from his default kit. Extra healing leggo was always shit, specially with cauterize. Esnare is only 20% more damage and you miss on leap damage. Bounce House is worthless now, the last thing you want as buck is to knock people away from you.

>willo will never give you a wingjob while laughing and saying "IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO"

why live

that line doesnt make sense tho
im sure she can say other things that are memey and make sense

>flanking with willow
>accidentally vgs ver instead of vhs
>replies with ver and she unzips my pants
>afk near base while she fondles my balls
>willow is laughing because she knows it's just a prank
>she starts sucking my dick in base
>almost chokes on my dick because she's vel so hard
>vel as well
>she starts vew while yelling just a prank bro, just a prank bro
>I cum as she swallows it all like some stupid healslut
>kiss her and ver while vel
Gotta love playing pranks on willow

Nimble 3 Torvald on primal court is pretty fun

>our andro has a difficult time taking out Kinessa
>randomly starts dissing at me for taking rejuvenation as Ying
I'm not sure what I expected.

People who know the least tend to think they know best. The Ying trick is kind of obscure.

I asked you nerds if things like this were buffed by Rejuv and you said no

>When your side has a really bad first round and Andy or Viktor says "lol gg"
>Tryhard mode instinctively clicks on
>Next two rounds are 2 and 2 for your side

The actual best feeling.

AFAIK, Ying is the only exception to it. Did anyone ever find out if it works on Barik turrets?

>competetive behind a paywall

lul goodbye game

>paywall
It's a paywall of free currency. You only need 4 more champs to get in.

>paywall
You mean having to unlock other champs and get them to mastery 4? That's entirely possible with in-game currency though.
Kind of a shit argument desu.

If you are the type of shitter to complain about the requirement to play Competitive then never touch that gamemode ever. Thanks.

>Playing competitive
You guys don't do this, right?

I played like 2 competitive matches, then people told me to not play it. I can see why. Rank 2.0 is right around the corner, predictably 55 or 56 if the datamine is anything to go off. I'm hyped.

Good riddance

>I am afraid of having a number attached to my account

They have to have a champ requirement. If you don't have 12 unlocked, you can't be guaranteed a pick.