>>>THE YEAR IS 1998<<<

You're a blue blooded American middle manager and a company that sells vacuums and you're going to buy a goddamned brand new American SUV with your bonus. What's it gonna be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rdmfVyPrqcc
youtube.com/watch?v=720vNltkGps
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post explorer 4.shit
not the godly 5.0
m8 ur not even trying
5.0 explorer are rated to tow 6700lbs in 2wd and 6500 in awd

probably the exploder with the firestone tires

comin thru with that 286hp

youtube.com/watch?v=rdmfVyPrqcc

You work in vacuum sales, tardboy. You can maybe afford if you start donating plasma on the side.

V6 Explorer was 20k, V8s starting around 27ish? Saleen was 38k. That's like 58k in today money.

Now that you can get a Hellcat crate motor, I want some wacky bastard to put it in that gen Durango.

basically I go accurately and on special lines to maximize sales and using vacuum for extra activities to make the money

Where is the burb?

OP pictured mid-sized SUVs and that's a full size.

>1998
>blue blooded American middle manager
>buying an SUV when the Town Car and Grand Marquis just got big updates this year

>the one dummy that gets like a full second of air time
>the leg twisting off
>the shoe
its the gif that keeps on giving

Knowing what I know now I'd take the Durango, parents bought on new in '99, they still have it and it's done a fantastic job for them. pic related, it looks like theirs.
>Sister had an exploder with the 4.0 and it was miserable in every possible way, even the Ford fan that I am hated it.
>cherokee mitebcool
>fuckin chevrolet no way I'd rather chop both my heads off than own a fucking bowtie

>You're a retarded fat slob

God those things are sexy, they literally never should have stopped making that exact vehicle (maybe except drivetrain upgrades).

Return to the Jalopnik comments section from whence you came

These things are getting so cheap I'm starting to really think about selling my W202 Benz for one... terrible fuel economy be damned, I'm getting the 5.9L.

XJ

>God those things are sexy, they literally never should have stopped making that exact vehicle (maybe except drivetrain upgrades).

Fucking this! like the toyota land cruiser the Suburban should've continued being made. pretty much all of its flaws would've been ironed out by now if it were still being made exactly the way it looks but with slightly updated parts so its as solid as possible either with original engine options or GM's latest small block and V6s.

Shit would be instant fucking cash if not here definitely in 3rd world countries like central and south america.

Durangoes are pieces of shit, not on the list but I'd take an XJ

XJ in this exact color.

I'd just buy my truck and get a cap

I would have gotten a suburban

God fucking damn SUVS in the 90s were gorgeous. now most just don't work conbined with modern regulations looking awkwardly bloated like the modern Lexus LX, Suburban, explorer etc.
youtube.com/watch?v=720vNltkGps
Clarkson actually liked the old explorer somewhat.

>like the toyota land cruiser
Dude you can buy a new one of these in Australia and a lot of other countries.

I know, that's why i said like the Land Cruiser the suburban should've been left in production the same way.

I got an old RAM with the 5.9L after my last truck got rear ended and that thing sounds fucking amazing.

If we're looking at midsize American SUV's, I get a Mercury Mountaineer with the 5.0. I can take or leave AWD.

97 Miata.

Fuck subs I get a E39 530d in royal blue

The XJ is pure kino.

Some day i will have one.

lmao german shit

>implying I didn’t already make my decision
20 years and 320k miles later, still love it.

Out of the way plebs

are you still selling vacuums today?

that looks like an area that a vacuum company middle manager would live in

Man you’re really into vacuums .

My neighbor used to have that exact color and trim, great truck but it just fell apart bit by bit.

I'd probably buy one of these with my bonuses

How's your 11 MPG on a good day?

Lol the fuck OP? You post the top trim engine in the dodge but not the Ford?

That alone shows your bias and thus your shit opionion is exposed.

Explorer's had legendary 5.0's in them also offered with mechanical AWD and rear LSD......

They also had truck 4R70W trans which were known to be the best 4 speed auto out there. Very reliable.

I know what I would pick and I also know what I still see on the road to this day..... explorers (from the 2nd gen 95-01)

I can not remember the last time I ever saw a durango or whatever that thing is.

The Windsor motor is worth it even if you don’t like the truck, they also had optional oil, the ledgenday ford 8.8 rear end, and transmission coolers in addition to the AWD. It’s also incredibly easy to fix, Ford put that engine in everything for a lot of years so basically any parts store has everything you could need.

Yup, ran my 1998 5.0 AWD to 240k and sold it.

Got a 2000 5.0 AWD recently to replace it.

Yeah its got a trans oil and I think power steering oil cooler as well.

Its certainly engineered very well and is very stout for what it is.

why don't I get a real cherokee?

I would buy a 1996 Bronco Nite edition

>1998

ew

This is the only right answer

I got a Gladiator

So close, and yet so far.

This looks just like connecticut

Lincoln Navigator

Sup losers, Magnum 5.9L here with the big ass displacement you know you wish you had.

been there, done that, literally...minus the selling vacuums thing, had a 95, 97, and 99 Suburban

A Baby Blazer!

Did they still make the full-sized Blazer in 98? That's what I would get. All Blazer, all the time.

I was wrong, in 98 it had become the Tahoe. This is my vote, a Tahoe 2 door.

I got 5.3L here. Got that vortec working for me. Get jelly moparfag

What's up little white cuck boy

>1998 2500 Suburban with the L29 BBC Option
>black, smokey metallic, or pewter metallic

RED BLOODED AMERICAN

You commie piece of shit, I bleed red, white and blue!

did they make these with the 6.5?

Had a turd brown suburban 6.5, was a roadtriping beast and got like 22mpg as a DD.

>33% more displacement
>only 16% more power

Don't make me get the 5.9L's big brother down here to kick your ass, Alfred P. Sloan. The 8.0 Magnum V10 is #1.

my parents had the durango when I was growing up, can't recall it giving them any trouble
>in the winter I would get in the third row seat because rear climate control's vent was back there and it would blow nice hot air right onto my legs

>Don't make me get the 5.9L's big brother down here to kick your ass, Alfred P. Sloan. The 8.0 Magnum V10 is #1.

you'd run out off gas before even reaching me

2dr Tahoe

Yep, that's why I got a big block. For the fuel economy.

There is only one correct choice

My family had an 01 on a least way back in the day. That thing sucked dick and couldn't stop for shit, we rolled through way too many intersections because it just didn't wanna stop.

Uh, I hate to break it to you but either you have a super retarded family who can't operate a car or you have a super retarded family that doesn't know how to maintain a car.

It reminds me of the Orvis edition. I had one a few years back. Cool looking Jeep.

This

i think the 5.7 was the largest option, thats what mine had, never should of let my dad sell it

Dealership maintained. It's just a shitty truck. My friend actually got one recently and had it for less than three months before the engine grenaded. Mopar sucks dick, stay mad.

>Chevy Blazer
Muh torsion bars.