How has nothing beaten the land speed record for over 20 years now?

How has nothing beaten the land speed record for over 20 years now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5FsrNEeqd6Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

now this is pod racing

This rocket was the vehicle that set the current land speed record of about 771 mph. It was set in 1997 and it hasn't been beaten yet.

This vehicle had over 10,000 pounds of thrust

You haven't heard?

Koenigsegg set a record for fastest street legal car if that's what you're referring to.

I think you answered your own question

can you ls swap it?

what would happen if i put my dick in one of those holes?

Good succ

They're working on a new one as we type, the Bloodhound, a truly terrible name for something that is hopefully going to hit 1000mph
It's not a rocket m8

I assume because nobody else with the money to put a rocket on wheels is willing to spend their fortune that way. I mean I seriously doubt you could make a profit off of it.

That the bird is the word?

While the engine is on? You'll get pulled into it and chopped up into pieces, of course.

Would it stay intact at those high speeds though? It would be scary as fuck to drive

it would be extremely painful

You're a big guy

youtu.be/5FsrNEeqd6Q

It's a stupid and pointless record. I also theorize safety concerns today are much greater than 20 years ago. We are a much more pussified people.

Good post

>I don't agree with this pursuit therefore I declare it pointless!

lol go fuck yourself, you're the same kinda guy who said man can't have powered flight or make the rock round so it's useful. Thankfully, nobody remembers who it was who said it couldn't be done. Enjoy your unaccomplished life.

Good doggo

Not every little thing is about profit. SOme thing are about proving it can be done. A lot of people here on Veeky Forums sure are afraid of life. Got one guy poo pooing rocket cars, another putting profit/loss statements to a fucking land speed attempt. You're all a bunch of shutins who bench race. Stop shitting on people who try the untried. Even if they fail they've done more than you ever will.

Powered flight and wheels have uses though

>Not everything is for profit

Then why is there big corporation sponsors on the side?

Because supersonic jet cars are expensive.

And those companies wouldn't have invested if they didn't think they'd make a return.

>I mean I seriously doubt you could make a profit off of it
>those companies wouldn't have invested if they didn't think they'd make a return
Which one is it?

Well it only happened once so I'm guessing you can figure out if the return went well.

Ouch!

The guy was unharmed

Koenigsegg literally just beat it though

kekekekek

they beat the production car top speed record, not the land speed record, retard

Because these guys aren't quite finished building yet.

It's the same guys

Holy shit

As someone who partakes in the North American Eagle, suck my dick. Unlimited funding and it's still gonna be a turd.

He passed away for sure

No, his helmet jammed the engine and saved his life. The pilot also had ultrafast reflexes and immediately cut the engine power too.
He's unhurt

i imagine it'll have inspiration from aircraft but the vibration of being on ground could make it kill itself

that's what they say, but I don't believe it

Me neither, look at all the burnt debris exiting the exhaust.

It's expensive as fuck, and there are surprisingly few people prepared to drive cars at supersonic speeds.

>burnt debris exiting the exhaust
That would be the engine and the guy's overalls exiting the exhaust.