/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Slavurai edition

>Live Letter next week!
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d82504e50bab50729ff7eb104ac7e9d71e752890

>4.01 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/33efbf65a7c6b86b3c62816b7a75523012584b54

>Simultaenous Logout Measures
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/263f9a10fe534e8c93e43d08fde73eaba1c52976

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/HuaAJ6wM

Last time on /xivg/:

Anyone else spend most of their downtime swimming

Swimmy

whats up

No, but maybe I should

elezen

that's not swimming you silly giraffe, that's just floating.

Cheat on that lame eb of yours~

Sorry I tried swimming normally but this happened

>giraffe posting
heck ye

If it's in the water it's swimmin' to me senpai

WHM or AST ?

>go to rhalgrs reach
>RDM and PLD AF3s
>go to wolves den
>RDM and PLD AF3s
>go to idyllshire
>RDM and PLD AF3s
>go to gold saucer
>RDM and PLD AF3s
stop

What are those things a tankslut would do?
Tank mobs as well as the party's sexual agression?

Anyone else actually really burnt out? Theres not much to work on unless you're a completionist for the sake of it leveling and gearing everything you don't even play. I don't need gil from crafting and everything I play was geared in days from Lakshmi and Susano casually. Why do we have to wait so long for other content instead of having the launch be ready?

>healsluts offer their mouth
>tanksluts offer their ass

>stop wearing the best AF armor sets
Why?

What about straight male tanksluts (tankwhores?)?

Relaaax on the EX fights, you're level 38 you nerd. Go do some Sunken Temple of Qarn and you're fine.

And even If you wait 9 seconds after an add pops to pick it up, the person it targets STILL will not be dead and thats what provoke and shield lob is for.

I don't like the PLD one.

So the eyebrows weren't that big of a mistake, right?

Right?

Let's see those scenic shots

highlanders look like cavemen without them, so, no

>stop wearing the best PLD AF set to date because I have bad taste

Who else have the problem as a healer to actually find a partner that wants you as a personal healslut?

I just want to not let people down or play bad, so I do excessive research, I watch dungeon guides before I do them, I look at how much I'll be dealing with at max level.

You're handsome as hell, user.

How did you even get there?

I don't like the RDM AF3, I may be the only one, though. I just use a mixed set of gear dyed red with the PvP mask

tfw no mount drop in ala mhigo
Zenos why...

Well if you're on excalibur hmu, or drop a name.

I'm a healdom, my boyfriend is a tankslut.

A friend got me all jazzed to join but despite buying the game through squeenix's store they never sent me the registration code to my gmail so I can't finish registering- I've googled this proplem, found a few others with the exact situation I am in but they never got help. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Top dps, hold hate, impress their healer (assuming the healer isn't the bottom, here), take risks, and "tank" any of the party after the dungeon. Among other things.

My problem is finding an actual healslut

It just takes forever, cancel it and buy through Amazon.

How do you let the tank know you want to be their healslut and what does the tank do to reject you?

Sure

/bow at the start of the dungeon and/or telling them they can use Strength gear

Looking to get into this game. I can't decide between SMN, BLM and DRG. Which of these jobs is the hardest to master? I used to main Balance Druid when I played WoW (I played it throughout the Eclipse Bar era), looking for something with a similar feel.

this place is going to be the entrance to the 24-man raid isn't it?

I can't decide between ninja, samurai and bard
Samurai is fun but it seems hard to get spots with it
Bard is fun but I'm not sure if it's going to stay useful
Ninja seems strong but I'm not that much of a fan of the aesthetics part there
Which would be the best choice? Would playing two out of the three be realistic at all?

Lol my grandpa played wow

SMN opener is a minute long, DRG and BLM are baby's first job.

>Lures in the glove
Now I can quickly reload every time I lose the really expensive ones to GODDAMN FROGS.

if you want something similar to balance druid then blm is pretty much it

Not me, got dicks pumping away all the time.

>Ten levels higher than my MSQ
What a slog.

long legs

I need to start paying more attention to my healer when I do dungeons.

You the only scene I need.

So that means you drink your milk everyday.

How do I be friends with people?

I've found an RP FC, Linkshells, Discords, but it just feels like I'm always the third wheel when it comes time to socialize and I know its my fault.

SMN has no opener, it's the same rotation on repeat...

Yeah they drink "milk" alright.

Just their ass?
I thought light parties have more than two people.

>Yoshida says you will hate Garlemald
>gives you Doman-style Garlean armor as a tease
>4.1 dungeon is full-fledge sas armor
I just realized the non-Garlean that join the military aren't in too bad of a position. They are boosted to such a high position in the social hierarchy.

>just
And?

Which server are you on?

>>Yoshida says you will hate Garlemald
but... I like it? yoshida what

From the tap

You can fit more than one in there.

>get treated as dogs
>forced to kill their countryman
>have to work thrice as hard as a garlean to get the same privileges as garleans
>get killed the moment they fail
>not too bad of a position

You're joking right?

please dont say this...

Better than being an Adder.

Balmung

>have to work thrice as hard as a garlean to get the same privileges as garleans
Literally just describing being black.

Post you and crab girl.

Aside from roulettes, what's the best way to level 50 - 70?
Going for RDM but I've heard POTD is good for 50 - 60 and 60+ is PVP.

I-I don't know if I can tank that much.
That would mean only one or two of the party would use that tankslut at the same time, wouldn't the rest feel left out?

To be fair, the only people you saw killed for failure were cowards that sent someone else to the frontlines and didn't actually fight the battle themselves. Or Nero cutting down a spy. That was pretty cool

Why do you think people call them alamhiggers?

I just spend my time fishing instead. Don't you dare get in my line.

>tfw this thread has completely ruined female elezen for me because whenever I see one I cringe because I can only picture them as weird grown men futalords

You can easily fit two, healer's is probably tiny from all the HRT anyways.

If you can't, just pop a defensive and grit your teeth.

just b urself

Don't consciously focus on appealing to people or "fitting in". That's how you get in mental loops like these where you question your own worth. If you really do want to be around these people, put yourself out there be it joining RP scenes, parties or whatever. Do you and people will naturally gravitate towards what you put down.

What's more fun, RDM or MNK? Which one the easiest to play?

Welp I'm on Odin. I wish you the best of luck user. Hope you find the friend you deserve.

>or two
Two to three, no 'or'.

Excuse me, that's my wife you're talking about.

Sell me on this game. Should I get it? One of my friends was telling me its pretty good but from looking at these threads... it just seems like people just spend all the time just taking screen shots of their characters that look like little boys and girls.

Why is that? Anyway, I most interested in playing a tank class but my friend was telling me that a lot of tank classes play the same way? For example, apparently marauder and warrior and gladiator all play the same way? Is this true? Again, I have not played yet but was considering it.

Being the best faction on pvp is bad for you?

It's just banter user

That's like saying all the dogs, rats, glass bottles and birds have it pretty good getting to be hot dog ingredients because they become a popular low cost food.
Sorry I just wanted to make a terrible food analogy carry on.

>it just seems like people just spend all the time just taking screen shots of their characters that look like little boys and girls.
Because there's nothing to do. probably most boring MMO of hte century if you take FF out of the name

it's DISGUSTING

They don't play the same and this thread is bottom of the barrel as far as player personalities go.

Your experience will be fine if you just stay the fuck away from these people.

>some people actually believe this BLM meme

Which DPS jobs have the highest demand right now?

>try SMN because people say it's easy
>literally has to triple weave abilities and use spells against an invisible 1.5s timer in order to get off every bahamut auto
>has almost a dozen ogcds you have to time perfectly
>fucking up a fester or bane means you are completely fucked for two minutes

what the fuck is this class

>Playing fotm garbage instead of the class you want

>they don't play a tank class
>they don't play roe

I wish I could make a party actually do this to me in a dungeon

When you say "nothing to do" what exactly do you mean? Is the only thing to do leveling jobs? Didn't they just come out with a expac? How is there not anything to do?

>theres nothing to do

Actually there is a ton of fucking shit to do.

I just quit wow because all you did was afk in queue or log out. FFXIV has Crafting/gathering(these are both pointless in wow)/fun fishing/saucer/hunts/sightseeing/fates

This is probably the only MMO with anything to do besides wait on queues at endgame.