Whats keeping Cadillac from being more popular? The V-Series performs just as good if not better than BMW and Mercedes

Whats keeping Cadillac from being more popular? The V-Series performs just as good if not better than BMW and Mercedes.

How do we make American Luxury cars great again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lnwi14c4-dY
thegarage.jalopnik.com/bmw-engines-are-gigantic-pieces-of-shit-1784684330
mobile.twitter.com/DavidHodge/status/931391188065705984/video/1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forget whites. Pandering to niggers, boomers and Latinx. Stop making sedans. Make more FWD suvs and crossovers. Work on the retro of Landyacht

Kill all sedans replace them with road biased crossovers (pic related)
Make a smaller Escalade (aka Escalade Sport)

>again
They never were, you only thought they were because there was no competition.

No one will take you seriously as long as you're still selling poorly disguised Chevrolet and Buick rebadges.

The Escalade is a steaming pile of shit. It has among the worst reliability and lowest customer satisfaction ratings in America for a reason.

The rest of Cadillac lineup is fine though. The CTS is nice. The styling is where Cadillac is really doing it right. Unfortunately Cadillac still has that Cheap GM interior that you get in Chevys. Cadillac needs to price their cars lower to be competitive. Do what Lexus did back when they launched in 89, price the cars low enough that people who normally buy other luxury brands will give Cadillac a chance.

But Cadillac needs to back it up with a reliable car. No one wants to make regular trips to the shop and be handed a $1900 repair bill every time.

Cadillac has to swallow their pride and realize they do not have the same carteblanche as a Merc or BMW and people do not hold them in the same regard. Price lower.

A luxury maker has to pump out good things for a period of time before they get recognized.

Look at a 2007 CTS-V, it basically has a rental-tier interior that you'd expect out of a fleet truck. I was considering buying one but when I saw the interior I noticed it was significantly worse than my accord of the same gen.

>The V-Series performs just as good if not better than BMW and Mercedes
Being several seconds slower on track than BMW is not ''good performance''

Because Cadillac doesn’t have same reputation as BMW, Mercedes, or Audi yet they are pricing their cars, like the ATS, at the same price point as a 3 series, C-class, and A4. The average luxury car buyer will take the well-known and trusted European car every time. Until Cadillac is able to establish a better reputation and brand loyalty that isn’t limited to rich soccer moms and boomers, they will have to cut their prices

Shitty marketing

For years they sold marked up Chevys and Pontiacs to old people who paid out of their noses for maintenance are cars that should have been better quality.

Now they are selling directly to female millennials and gen-x because women need the attention and "prestige" of driving a caddy. Which are really European CUV's or worse Korean POS

I think Cadillac is improving a great amount, their cars have really stepped up. They're going to discontinue the ats and cts and make one sedan so I think the future lineup will look clean with a ct5 and ct6 and maybe ct7. Alongside those are the escalade, which is also going to be more advanced next gen.

I'm waiting for a ct7 coupe, that would be nice

youtube.com/watch?v=Lnwi14c4-dY

Also, Cadillac can't be like MB and BMW unless they have sweet luxurious grand tourers that people will buy.

they're marketed towards and built for black guys, old people, and young professionals.

german cars by contrast, are marketed towards and built for world leaders and their concubines

maybe if cadillac would build cars for the truly wealthy, rather than the pseudo-wealthy, then they'd get some credibility as a worthwhile brand

>Whats keeping Cadillac from being more popular?
Build quality, performance, lack of actual luxury, high prices, and the fact that top trim levels in america are mid-range trim levels in mid-range european cars.

>How do we make American Luxury cars great again?
Bring back fins and huge bench seats and two-tone paint and huge chrome bumpers.

Cadillac needs to improve on quality(panel gaps, interior materials), not just performance. I think they experimented with performance first, then are moving onto luxury second. I would definitely buy the CT6

when they should be perfecting luxury first, then find ways to include performance into that luxury without making compromises (except jacking up the price). because if you do it the Ferrari way and try to make your performance cars luxurious, you're going to be stuck in a decades-long fight with transmissions and exhaust roar and ergonomics until you finally get pumped full of cash and start debuting stuff like the 599 and 458 and FF.

and anyone who says 'man cadillac has been building luxury cars for years'....no no they haven't. the deville was AWFUL, the STS was awful, the CTS could only be deemed good because it was an australian chassis, and you get in their modern cars and the seats are still tough and the materials don't really feel that nice. honestly the only car that they have that actually appeals to anyone with money is the Escalade, because it's so fucking huge that the wheelbase and big tires can absorb all of the shock, and it has room for real reclining chairs and big TVs and the such and can tug it around with a fat motor.

really, the only worthwhile car they build nowadays is the ATS-V just because it's attractive, fast, and cheaper than an M4

Lincoln is stepping up with the navigator, hopefully they make an s class competitor someday, I would buy it.

The Navigator looks sexy, definitely going to bring in a lot of money for Ford.

>fighting a rebadged Suburban with a rebadged Expedition

>s-class competitor from lincoln

you don't simply compete with the s-class

I got an ats when they firstvcame out. it was a 2.0 with an auto and every option in white with the red interior.

My main problems were the 6 speed auto sucked, the CUE was laggy, touch buttons sucked, and the seats kinda sucked. the suspension was great, tbe engine was adequate, and it was fun to drive. it just wasnt as livable as i would have liked.

I moved to a Chevy SS sedan with a manual and dont miss much other than the heated steering wheel on cold mornings.

>S-class
Their line is literally indistinguishable across their entire price range. I only notice the S because it's larger than most sedans.

It's going to bite them long term as literal savages drive the rental spec CLA/C/E.

This.

A CTSV is a $40K Camaro with 2 more doors and a supercharger. Why would anyone think that's worth $90k?

yep. cts is just a rebadged camero...

Other way around.
>No one wants to make regular trips to the shop and be handed a $1900 repair bill every time.
Apparently they do, why do you think Masarati sells so well and BMW has the highest cost to own of any other mainstream brand.

Cadillac is the alpha brand. I'd buy one if I made a little more. Caddy as a daily, Miata as a weekend car

>Whats keeping Cadillac from being more popular?

I'll give you a hint: it starts with "G" and ends with "eneral Motors"

Stop with the rebadges. Just stop. They've been killing Cadillac ever since the Cimarron, and they haven't done Lincoln any favors over the past 30 years. Why the fuck would anyone want an Escalade or a Navigator when a GMC Yukon and Ford Expedition are the same damn car, but $40k cheaper?

Put an actual fucking emphasis on quality, not just in manufacturing but also in costumer service. There's a reason the Germans, Japanese and eventually the Koreans got to where they are today in the luxury car market, and it isn't because they sat on their ass moping about the good old days.

And yeah, the V-series is cool, but that shit should be its own brand, not a sub-brand with Cadillac. When you think of American luxury cars, is high performance the first thought that comes to your head? No, what will come to your head first are big, comfy cars because that's been the American luxury market since the very earliest cars sold.

And yes, you need an actual fucking identity. Cadillac and Lincoln are so caught up trying to compete with BMW and Audi that they don't have a fucking identity anymore, just 'Americans trying to copy Germans, and not doing very good a job'. Lexus had the same problem for a while until they actually started to branch out, and Hyundai is facing the same problem but again, they are branching out too. Find a niche that you can beat competitors in. Big comfy cars is one familiar with a lot of luxury car buyers stateside and worldwide, so how about starting there. Leave the mid-size and compacts and crossovers to Buick or Ford.

Lincoln and Cadillac will never be major players if all they ever get are leftovers from Ford and Chevy and they're told to add more leather to jump the price up $30,000. There's gotta be more exclusivity, buyers need more of a car.

>bmw has highest cost to own
Lmao no

Price.

Cost for new isn't competitive considering their loss of market share years ago due to being garbage.

Good now, but people don't just forget that without receiving some other value somewhere (hint: cheaper)

I'd buy a used ATS or something though. nice cars for how much you can pick one up for.

But how the only difference with other GMs is being rwd.

>estimates
Guess what those estimates are wrong.
A Range Rover costs 3 times more to maintain than any bmw.

range rover isnt a mainstream brand. it doesnt even rank in the top 10 luxury brands.

I meant Land Rover but they're the same thing.

Most of the shit Cadillac makes is FWD at this point.

Normal services cost more on a BMW than on a GM product. But doing those services regularly will stave off 90% of problems you could encounter with neglect.

A GM product will fucking fail on you no matter what you do, so on top of routine maintenance you're replacing ridiculous shit like bearings and u-joints way too often.

GM is for poorfags, stop pretending.

>>bmw has highest cost to own
>Lmao no

thegarage.jalopnik.com/bmw-engines-are-gigantic-pieces-of-shit-1784684330

how the fuck do you deal with the shitty mylink. I like listening to my tunes over bluetooth and it can be a pain sometimes.

>Being several seconds slower on track than BMW is not ''good performance''

The facts can be disturbing to some people.

2017 Lightning Lap

Rank Car (Model Year) Time Event (Year)
32 BMW M4 GTS (2016) 2:52.9 (2016)
38 Porsche Cayman GT4 (2016) 2:54.0 (2016)
42 Mercedes-AMG E63 S (2018) 2:55.4 (2017)
44 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (2011) 2:55.9 (2011)
45 Audi R8 V-10 Plus (2017) 2:56.1 (2016)
46 Cadillac CTS-V (2016) 2:56.8 (2015)
48 Audi R8 V-10 Plus (2014) 2:57.5 (2014)
50 Porsche 911 Turbo S (2011) 2:57.5 (2011)
52 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series (2012) 2:58.0 (2013)
53 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG (2011) 2:58.05 (2011)
55 Porsche 718 Cayman S (2017) 2:58.3 (2017)
56 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio (2017) 2:58.6 (2017)
58 Porsche 911 Carrera S 2:58.9 (2013)
60 Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG (2014) 2:59.1 (2014)
62 Porsche Panamera Turbo (2017) 2:59.2 (2017)
63 Cadillac ATS-V coupe (2016) 2:59.2 (2015)
64 Mercedes-AMG C63 S (2015) 2:59.2 (2015)
65 Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro (2010) 2:59.5 (2010)
66 Cadillac ATS-V sedan (2016) 2:59.8 (2015)
67 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG S-model (2014) 3:00.1 (2014)
69 BMW M4 (2015) 3:00.7 (2014)
70 Porsche Panamera Turbo S (2012) 3:00.7 (2012)

The V-Series cars seem to hang with a heady crowd...

er, no.

ATS RWD
CTS RWD
XTS FWD
XT5 FWD
CT6 RWD
Escalde RWD

I am not a fan of gm but just no, please leave.

Resale.

People like buying BMWs/Mercs/Audis because they hold their value well.

That's been Cadillac's problem, as well as Lincoln, Jaguar, Acura, etc.

This is the reason, BTW, the Germans never restyle their cars, so you can't tell what's new/old so the old ones maintain value. Cadillac's been following this formula for a while now too not sure if it's paying off.

The Continental isn't an S-class competitor? (albeit quite a bit cheaper)

>land rover cheaper then acura

into the trash it goes

>jalopnik

why do these pictures look good but half the ones I see on the road are garbage?

people not taking care of them pretty much. i think the newer models are some of the best looking cars out right now. they just need to stop cutting corners if they want to run with the germans

>rebadged GM crap with a 50% markup.

I dont know, m8. A real mystery.

Remind me why GM kept two luxury brands and dumped a performance/enthusiast brand.

Please bring back land barges

Everytime I see a press picture of an ATS-V I drool, then I look them up and remember that car looks amazing from 3 or 4 angles and really weird from every other angle. It's weird.

I dont care what anyone else says but I REALLY liked the cts coupe. It look like a fucking cyberpunk car

you and me are probably the only ones on Veeky Forums that like the coupe. do you own one similar to pic

make that three.
>tfw no cyberpunk animu staring a detective who drives a caddy cts-v coupe

I dont but there is an user on Veeky Forums that owns a v.

i'm seriously considering getting one next year after tax returns but I'm somewhat conflicted

>they just need to stop cutting corners
this but for all American businesses.

I love it, but I wish the back end was just a little beter

That would be me. What are your reservations?

How bad is the rear view, back seat and trunk? have you tuned it at all? are the electronic doors annoying? and more importantly can you post pics?

Top tier Conti is about ~$75k. It can arguably be a poor man's S-Class, but it's not in the same league if they're being honest with themselves. The S-Class interior is top class. The Conti is a direct competitor to the Cadillac XTS. If Lincoln builds a rear-wheel large sedan that will be the competitor to the CT6.

By stopping this "we wanna be audi and bmw" bullshit and go back to being Cadillac, making fancy comfy cruisers. Who needs to go fast? Cadillacs are supposed to say "Im a boss and shit aint happening until I damn well feel like getting there"

That's retarded. No one wants luxury barges outside of old people and a few autists on this board. Full-size cruiser cars haven't sold well since the 1990's

There will always be old people
SUV's are too big for them to climb into
especially the elders who shrink in their elder years

Im just stating the fact, Cadillac can either be a sub-par luxury sports car company or a fantastic luxo-barge company. Their height was making land-yachts though, they outta revive what they were good at.

because rich people who can afford the cars are obsessed with the Icon of "muh german engineering" as well as the status symbol and brand logo.

They can also stop the rebadging

I have tinted rear view window, at night at stoplights when small low cars like corvettes miatas honda fit etc get really close to my car they disappear. I have to use the side mirrors or the halo of the lights to see if there is someone there. Overall its a concentrated straight view out the back, no side/up/down view whatsoever. Car does feel a bit like a bunker but you get used to it pretty fast. No one over 6 feet tall will fit comfortably in the back due to head being in contact with the glass but lots of leg room and its pretty comfortable back there, (2 ac vents and 2 floor/feet vents 2 cup holders) if you can manage to not to hit window. Trunk is ok not big but not small. The worst part is it has those swooping arm type connectors (i dont know what their called) that when you close the trunk it might hit squish anything that is near them and they take up a lot of unnecessary room. I have not tuned it just an air intake to let the super whine louder but very mod friendly cars overall. The doors only on entry sometimes i dont press the button correctly centered and it locks before i open the door fully and have to do it like 2 3 times, but it doesn't take more than 3 seconds but not annoying for me.

Find me a more comfy interior.

fyi some pics are pretty old already

please do not pay attention to the fires behind

any other pic request or other info let me know.

mobile.twitter.com/DavidHodge/status/931391188065705984/video/1

video of the roadster accelerating. holy crap

wrong thread buddy this is the Cadillac containment, not tesla or are you the shill?

I don't know if its the angle but its seems the height of the trunk of the Cadillac is the same or higher as the hood on the Toyota behind it.

ATS V was several seconds slower than the M3 on head 2 head giulia vs m3 vs c63 vs ats v.

This sounds about right.

This user got it.