youtube.com/watch?v=EopV7A5H-BU
youtube.com/watch?v=m_1Q8rNrCmM
youtube.com/watch?v=mf1Yr4nZ98A
youtube.com/watch?v=tKjR9NRl4TA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mpg

Don't buy a muscle car then.

Europe

It would be a good idea if modern pony cars weren't such pigfat turds.

Wht are you being retarded on purpose?
1. The camaro is a "pony car" a car that loosely fits between sports and muscle
2. The rental car engine is the bread and butter of the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger/Charger. Always has been. Think of every idiot that buys one as funding for a better v8 model next generation. 4 cylinder in the Camaro isn't news either, remember the third gens?

Because Ford made a 2.3l turbo Mustang to appeal to yuros and it sells like hotcakes, so Chevy decided they wanted a piece of that market as well.

The chassis is god-tier so V6 and 4pot options are respectable not just for practicality but performance i mean, what are you going to do? buy another 4pot car for the same price and be just as fast or slower in every regard be it straight line or bends?

4pot and V6 muscle cars were disliked because without the power you were lugging around a lot of weight and you might as well buy something that weighs a lot less with the same kind of engine which would edge out the 4pot muscle with similar power due to sheer weight advantage.

The GT is actually outselling the Ecoboost 2:1 in Europe because if you commit to a Shitstang you might as well get a V8. There are far better I4 turbo cars on the market if you're looking for that.

its actually for americans

>rwd
>cheap
Imagine even a thousand corollas are taken off the road for these. It's a step in the right direction

It's faster than your car

>muscle cars
>none of them have big blocks

theyre all shit at being muscle cars so might as well have a 4 cylinder

>what are you going to do? buy another 4pot car for the same price and be just as fast or slower in every regard be it straight line or bends?
I'd sooner kill myself than drive a car with four cylinders.

Would a big block fit in any of them? engine bays kind cramped these days

That guy is amazing.
As if being dubs guys wasn't enough, he completely morphs his body for film roles. From a skeleton in the Machinist to a fatfuck for his latest film, Edward Norton is truly my favorite actor..

they fit fine but I dont see any manufacturer sticking 500+ cubic inch engines in these days for any reason tbqh

liberals

I refuse to drive anything less than 6 cylinders.

V8 a best, but I can accept a good straight 6.

but 4? that's commie talk.

>want muscle car
>want good mpg
>get this

so wheres the problem lad

Not everything that's a 2dr American car is a muscle car, silly.

>Muscle car
>mpg
pick one and only one.

also

>Muscle car
>4 cylinder
also pick one and only one

Cucking yourself out of the best engine choice for the car (sans special performancr editions that cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$) to save a few bucks on fuel is the stupidest thing you can do when it comes to buying a car.

Power isn't the only metric for engines, you fucking meathead.

Mustang SVO - 3,100 lbs
2017 Camaro LT 2.0 - 3,353 lbs

Meanwhile some mad Germans built a Shelby Cobra with no less than seven-hundred and eighty cubic inches.

No one wants an engine that sounds like a dishwasher you cuck, go kill yourself.

>FiST
>VW GTI
>WRX
Guess we all have our opinions though

You're buying a Camaro. Not a Miata. Not a BMW 3 series. A camaro. A v8 belongs in a Camaro.

>No one wants an engine that sounds like a dishwasher you cuck, go kill yourself.

Dont kid yourself. The american v8 sound pathetic compared to eu v8. Dont get me wrong. The actual voice they make is great, but the exhaust they use muffle every fucking shit. Even in the land of "free exhausts" they cant manage to make good stock shit.
AMG sound a shitton better and louder. But the 2018 mustang actually seems to sound like something. So good job on that.

>FiST
>VW GTI
Shit

>WRX
Decent.

A big dumb Ameridumb car with four cylinders is retarded, the car should pair with the engine, kill yourself.

No shit stock exhausts suck, that's regulations about noise and emissions. It's a universal problem just about. Everything sounds better with an aftermarket exhaust provided it isn't just a fartcan system.

How can American exhausts even compete?

youtube.com/watch?v=oN8pHJ3sQ0Q

Yeah but doesnt us have much bigger tolerance compared to eu? You have much more and legaler stuff.
I have no chance to find a legal aftermarket exhaust for a mustang here. Not without paying 4x the amount of money.
And if I dare to drive with an illegal one Im deep into some mad shit. Probably get worse punishment than some pedo rapist.
So why not fucking make a great exhaust from the start? I was super dissapointed from the 2015-2017 mustangs. The stock was really fucking shit.

The "F1" exhaust drowns out the "V8" portion of the car when its going through the streets at high speeds.

At idle it sounds like almost any other V8s and when revved it sounds unpleasantly raspy from outside the car.

id pass on the F1 stuff and leave the car to its natural V8 sound.

well if you go kit car you can do whatever

but I dont think any actual car manufacturer has put a big block into a car since the 70s

underrated

some people want to commute in a comfy 2.0L 4 cylinder car that doesnt look like an egg or clownshoe.

That sounds bad though

Nice b8.

What makes a big block a big block

It's a V12

GMT800 was the last Chevy to take the BBC

Big enough to turn the car into a front wheel drive pigfat

lmao horrible

why would you do this to such a car?

that sounds like butthole

You need to reside yourself to the fact that the future of "muscle and power" is eco-boost clone engines.

Or because smaller engines use less physical materials, which in terms of costs of physical inputs should make them cost less than bigger engines.

Think like a corporation to understand corporations.

And I doubt that it'll help MPG too much since the size and weight of the car are still up there with 1970s cars.

Personally I think sooner or later it'll mean smaller cars because otherwise it'll end up being like 1950s cars with lots of dead space in between the front and the engine. Just look at How Ferrari's using plastic shit to try to shroud the dead space left by going from a 6-liter V-12 to a 3.8 liter V-8 in the GTC4Lusso

bigger block duh

632cid/10.35L big blocks arent rare in the hot rodding world

no real point in it when GM has a 427 small block and 454 strokers exist but a modern production big block would be cool since it would likely be 500/8L+

yeah I know it came in trucks and shit but I mean actual cars

The biggest thing with muscle cars isn't horsepower but TORQUE.

That's how an old Mustang or Camaro with 300-something horsepower can make you feel like you just got shot out of a cannon in a car with a top speed of around 115 mph.

That's why muscle cars need big blocks. But sadly they're gonna start going away now.

Because idiot normies in charge of exhaust criteria at ford think everything should be super quiet.

It helps when you have 4.11 gears. Torque for days

>muscle car with a 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo

>Why?

Why not? V8 isn't inherently of any value. And besides it makes a lot more power than muscle cars of the past.

>v8 has no value

lmao

>And besides it makes a lot more power than muscle cars of the past.
Which one? Even the baby 289 Mustang made more HP 50 years ago, let alone actual Muscle cars with big blocks.

>"it's fine so long as it has power"
>"no aspect about a car matters other than speed my dude"

kill yourself. It isnt called a muscle car because it has a fucking honda-tier engine, it's called a muscle car because it has a huge fucking N/A 6L V8 roaring that can be heard from a mile away

>no cats
>no emissions control whatsoever
I mean yeah that Camaro with that tarbo 2.0 could make +450 hp without stress if it didn't have to care about emissions

I do think the sound is important, but I won't be getting an American V8 for the sound. They sound fucking disgusting

Getting this worked up over a "muscle" car not having an engine you approve of. lol

>v8 sounds disgusting
>I want a tiny little turbo engine with a fart can instead

>I do think the sound is important, but I won't be getting an American V8 for the sound. They sound fucking disgusting
I would recommend that you kill yourself.

>no emissions control whatsoever
Cars back then had smog pumps.

I wasn't saying I would get the 2.0 for the sound. I don't think turbos or superchargers sound good. I prefer the sound of a carburetted 4, 6 or 12 cylinder and only V8s I like are flatplane.

>hung up on a technicality

For a muscle car? Yes it is.

The foxbody looks a lot less obese than it actually is.

lol k code 289s usually dyno around 200hp to the wheels

a lot less than the 2.0T

gotta realize those old engines used gross ratings

that 2.0T probably puts out around the same power as a good 390 from that era

289s didnt unless you lived in California in 1966-68

No. U. S. Noise and Emmisions are actually more strict than European requirements

The name

the LT1 in the new ss's is God tier engine sound. this is common knowledge.

GM v8s have sounded like shit ever since they changed the firing order for the LS

the old LT1s sounded great (especially the 1970)

Why did they change the firing order?

Is it really anymore efficient? It would look good on paper but in reality a high output fi 4 or 6 usually drinks just as much as a v8

This desu, same as the retarded gear lockout shit some American cars have (I think the vette), it's just to beat fuel economy tests.

It does though I cant stand V8's that whine like that.

The problem is that you didn't buy a muscle car. You bought a shell that looks like a muscle car but pulls like a prius.

Stop posting about your car, Jimmy

Is it a crossplane V8? Of course it is. Which means it doesn't sound good.

youtube.com/watch?v=bwuhmxtfBBc

still sounds like a tractor

engineering exercise, and providing fairly cheap and fun cars for countries cucked by displacement taxes

And so you won't have to ask, this is what I like

youtube.com/watch?v=f2Ps57OvQc0

youtube.com/watch?v=vt5GM9CacuU

youtube.com/watch?v=EopV7A5H-BU

youtube.com/watch?v=m_1Q8rNrCmM

whats most retarded is where they put that shitty SS badge, slanted and on the bumper as if some kid put it there.
Why not the big old school SS in chromed white, stuck next to the chevy logo on the boot lid??

>still sounds like a tractor
Sounds good to me desu, all Amerdumb V8's sound rough and agricultural, that's the point.

They are pony cars retards, always have been.

Fuck you.

youtube.com/watch?v=mf1Yr4nZ98A

Literally dump a few grand in and its just as fast as a V8 and will get better MPG

Musclecucks on suicide watch

but user, it's better for people to drive cars which look like cars even if they are not fast than to drive ugly fagmobiles like SUV-s or toyota priuses....

Sounds like my washing machine on a medium cycle.

Why not get 180 degree headers?
youtube.com/watch?v=tKjR9NRl4TA

My 2017 SS with the factory dual mode exhaust sounds a shit ton better than my e39 540i, even after I put the Remus exhaust on it.

pretty much the only way to make an American V8 sound amazing

Nobody is going to buy these in Europe. A few people might for the novelty but if somebody wants a sporty car they'll get a good one, not an American car.

ist the Mustang the best selling sports car in Europe

or atleast it was at one point

While I'm a V8 guy, there's nothing wrong with 4 cylinders if the car is light and turbo'd.

So yea you should just off yourself if you're so insecure you wouldn't drive one.

It definitely was and is still selling by the shitload. user you are replying to is a dumb nigger.

I key any pony car that doesn't have a V8.

>4000lb camaro
>4 cylinders
Umm, no?

>the original performance mustang was a V6

HAHAHAHAHAHAH, FAGGOT.

>pony car
>V8

lmao no. a real pony car is something that SHOULD handle so the only modern pony cars are the Ecoboost stang and the V6 1LE

Just wait until Ford decides that rediculous quad turbo i4 is ready, you know damn well that's gonna go in a mustang.

You're all cucks, nobody actually likes American cars.