/fg/ - Falcom General #14

Tea edition

Previous Thread: >A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- New CS3 scans: twitter.com/Gu4n/status/877415040466337793

- Falcom currently planning a new game and remake for the Ys series. Kondo would also like to do more with Falcom Gakuen

- Trails in the Sky the 3rd finally out for PC on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store

- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on Summer

- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita, Agate, Tio and Randy confirmed

>Other not-so-new news

- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )

- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, will be released for Vita on June 30th, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind ( gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind ) (end of the 9th paragraph)

Pastebin: pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6Rha8DVy
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/headcanon
youtube.com/watch?v=bIuZGeDUU4U
youtube.com/watch?v=wVLSsF0SkmE
github.com/ZhenjianYang/ZeroAoVoice-PSP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What are the odds that Ys8 translation is full of meme shit?

I figure they could try to sneak some in, but the game is not really about that.

Lets get this done with from the start.

>Crossbell never ever.
>NISA is going to get Kiseki.
>Rean sucks.
>KeA question.
>Steam page and no release date?!
>Cold Steel 3 never ever.

In Celceta there were quite a few puns and cheeky moments, I would imagine NISA could go overboard and exaggerate them if they're also in 8. What did the japs think of Ys8 anyways? It's been out in Japan for like a year.

Bit like Atelier where NISA gave us Esty Dee

Honestly I doubt it. NISA knows what will happen if they make Adol Christin into a memelord supreme. We'll absolutely get a "dood" in the game though.

>another Elie OP

And isn't it wonderful

Just adding some small punctuation and fixing a bit of a white spot on the left guard's head on the third panel which was bugging the fuck out of me. If anyone can provide a translation for the small bubble on the third panel i'll add it.

Also, i love how in character this comic is. Thank again for providing a translation.

The faces in the last panel really make it.

>Randy not giving a single fuck

No problem, it's a pretty amateur translation anyway. I'm also 99% sure the part I couldn't make before should be something like
>what are you going to do if people end up following our example?

a thought about that untranslateable line

That one doesn't really make sense since the point of the disguise is to be seen. So i'll go with .

I get you but see wouldn't work with the rest of the sentence. Like I said I think it's 増えて but it would sound weird literally so I modified it a bit.

actually that is better. Never mind.

I want to FUCK KeA

Alright, here it is.

Do not lewd the daughteru

I want to FUCK all Ys girls

gib fud frien

Estelle is CUTE!

I want to FUCK Sara

I want to engage in LOVING PROCREATION with Elie

How can Crossbell and Cold Steel 3 be never ever if NISA is getting Kiseki?

They're going to buy the license and just sit on it to spite people who say mean things about them on imageboards

How is that any different from how things are now

>Tokyo Flopodu
>Akiba's Flop ("our biggest dub ever"? Kek, more like it's your biggest flop ever)
Xseed's going down and there's nothing you can do.

Isn't Adol silent though? Or did that change with 8?

Every so often NISA will do a press release with a photo of one of their executives physically shitting on the cases of various trails games while they repeat "you're never going to get these officially localised"

Can someone tell me where to go for the famous sights of crossbell quest in chapter 3 of zero?

A-at least they're going to do EDF 5, right?

nice work.

check the gamefaqs html guide

pastebin.com/6Rha8DVy

>following failure from our most trusted partner we have decided to stop any kiseki licensing outside of japan
>thank you for understanding

XSeed isn't doing Tokyo Xanadu.

If Ys flops with NISA I bet Falcom will be more weary to trust anyone other than based XSeed.

Especially if the Cold Steel ports sell better. That will pretty much cement their relationship for good.

Though with XSeed being idiots about marketing Cold Steel it will probably sell equal to or less than Ys VIII.

>based
>XSeed

Am I the only one who likes it more when Trails doesn't go for the obvious, the hero and his girlfriend are parallels to the villains when it comes to pairings?

Floofy is so unstable holy shit.

Honestly I'm almost feeling like she was holding back the project at this point.

Nice headcanon. Too bad for you Falcom is actually doing the complete opposite of that nonsense.

Does Falcom even get royalties from Trails sales in the west? I was under the impression that they get paid a lump sum and that's it.

can't spell seedy without xseed
t. NISA apologist.

>headcanon
>for a real world scenario

>real world scenario
Obviously you don't know what that means because no such thing is happening in the real world. It's a fantasy scenario pushed by an autistic shitposter with an agenda.

that's what happens when you live an unproductive unstable life

she has always been extremely volatile, I wouldn't have put it past her.

>That’s something that I really really want to do, and it’s something that I’ll have to work with our partners or find a partner to make it happen.
It doesn't matter if Xseed goes up in flames as Kondo already said he might search for other partners if need be.

Even if they didn't they'd be happier if more people bought it. Like for Cold Steel for instance XSeed said he was a giddy as a horse eating a carrot from a beet farm and was super pumped for them to localize it.

I'm referring to it as a real world scenario as in it would take place in the real world and I'm also saying its fucking retarded to use the term 'headcanon' to describe a scenario that would take place in the real world.

Reply to the wrong post friendo? None of that changes that headcanon is the wrong word for something set in reality.

Trails games are beautiful works of art, so naturally Falcom will be happy simply to share their work with more people.

It's headcanon because it's not fucking reality and it will never ever happen. It's a perfectly appropriate word to use.

>It doesn't matter if Xseed goes up in flames as Kondo already said he might search for other partners if need be.
Implying anyone but XSeed would bother with trails.

where the fuck is this from?

>user talks about xseed is going down
>you reply to him that falcom will stop releasing games in the west because their partner goes down
>I provide an article where Kondo says he'll search for another partner if localizing other games doesn't work out with the current one
>"replied to the wrong person :^)"
Nah.

Renne!

>Implying anyone but XSeed would bother with trails.
They wouldn't have bothered with Sky. However since Trails has an established fanbase now, and a pretty strong one at that, even fucking nisa could be up for it.

>nisa could be up for it.
Would it be worth it for them though? Trails fans are all autists about consistency. They'd go batshit insane if a single thing was changed.

Esther Bright, Legion, etc..

falcom subreddit

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/headcanon
Thats not what headcanon means you fucking autist. Its an incorrect theory or literally any other phrase that applies to someone thinking something will happen that won't. If a gambler bets money on a horse that has incredibly low odds of winning its not his 'headcanon' that it would win because its set in reality. Read a fucking book or the news or articles or anything before using words that only apply to FICTIONAL universes to describe a real world theory. Do you think economists go around saying "nice headcanon faggot" when they disagree on theories. Seriously, fuck off.

What the fuck are you on about, you replied to me saying headcanon was the wrong word to use, not the guy saying that wasn't going to happen.

I don't see why nisa or anyone else would change major things that are already established. Minor things, sure, I don't expect other companies to go through all the games' scripts to get everything right.

>you replied to me saying headcanon was the wrong word to use
I didn't. If you haven't noticed there's 2 anons replying to you, including me. My post was mainly for but I replied to your most recent post.

>Its an incorrect theory or literally any other phrase that applies to someone thinking something will happen that won't
So that post I replied to is LITERALLY headcanon then. You fucking retard.

NIS is doing Ys, which even fewer people care about. Aksys just did Tokyo Xanadu, which no one on the planet cares about.

>getting so worked up
wew

>Do you think economists go around saying "nice headcanon faggot" when they disagree on theories
Is this bait?

What kind of sanctimonious piece of shit comes on here and unironically says crap like this? This is Veeky Forums, we're not talking about academic research and analysis here. Kill yourself.

>NIS is doing Ys
Why the hell did they even pick it up?

Because they have to publish SOMETHING

Why not?

This Falcom's games are up for grabs, so I don't see why they wouldn't. Even more niche games get localized all the time and they still do quite well.

XSeed had it for years and NISA never gave a shit before. Suddenly they go in and bid a fuck ton of money for it. Just seems kinda weird.

Dessaito's a bit of a moron too. Laurafag joined before the leaked patch.

Who knows how much money they gave to Falcom. Xseed is a small company, so they could've just given Falcom scraps for all we know and they never had any competition before. I dunno, I just don't see it weird for another company to step in and localize a game. It's not like Ys or Trails are exclusive to xseed.

I'm Dessiato and I never said he didn't.

Is she always like this?

Most fan translators are drama queens and she's a woman so take a guess.

To be fair, they work on a lot of niche shit, and they are a bigger company compared to Xseed, and thus can probably afford more stuff. Maybe they just thought it would be ok to check on how well it would sell?

Didn't even know but it seems there's Zero and Ao voice patches for the PSP versions.

youtube.com/watch?v=bIuZGeDUU4U
youtube.com/watch?v=wVLSsF0SkmE
Download and instruction links are in the description below the videos.

If they actually manage to get the patch done I'll be very appreciative and sing their praises, but I'm really glad that they aren't our only option anymore.

Is there anyone trying to get the Sora evo voices into the pc game? Because that would be sick.

why would anyone willingly antagonize someone who's providing a free service? What do you hope to gain from it?

How long before you turn on the other translators and editors you're championing now? How long before there's no one left?

I don't think so. I was waiting for them, but I gave up.

I saw some dude on the discord group for falcom games working on one. It's still in fairly early stages though.

I don't understand how Schera is mid tier in 3rd when Heaven Kiss is so abuse-able and she's an above average mage and a thief on the side. She's no Fast Craft Guy or Kevin, but she's still pretty damn good and sexy.

Not that user, but to be fair, the update said Floofy distanced herself from this project.

The less drama queens the better

That second video has instructions, the tools and the files needed for the patch to work on the PSP version in the video's description.

It'd try, but my internet is complete shit for upload rate, so if i wanted to post the patch on a file sharing website i'd probably take forever to upload the patched ISO. Can someone not lazy, and without shit internet give it a shot?

Well looking at it a bit more it seems like both voice patches were done by the same guy and he has a github of them here:
github.com/ZhenjianYang/ZeroAoVoice-PSP
It's too much work for me now desu. Maybe I'll try it out tomorrow.

it's been too much work for everyone

That github is just the source code to make it work, he doesn't provide the files needed like in that video.

>a team of people edited 2% of the whole script in 4.5 months
>some fag comes in and edits 13% of the whole script in 5 weeks
How the fuck are they so incompetent? If not for that new guy. They would worked on that Zero fan translation for literally decades (aka it would've never even be finished). Yet they threw a tantrum how dare people play and enjoy the unedited translation when they were working so "hard" on it for the past few months. Jesus Christ.

She had depression. I know how that feel so i agree with her decision to distance herself. Still, she keep commenting here and there and it won't help.

I was under the impression that Ys is more popular in the west than Trails.

Now that i look at it again, it seems like he only provides the necessary files for Ao no kiseki, but not Zero no kiseki.

Ys is fun, but I really hope Falcom starts putting more effort into boss arenas. At least 95% of the boss arenas across the series are just circles, rectangle or donuts. It would be nice if they threw in stuff like triangles or hexagons along with maybe multiple level boss fights

Also it seems like the voice patch is not perfect. Here's a bug he found while playing through the prologue:

>BUGS* At the moment I write this, I've completed the prologue of Ao with voices.
However, if you happen to get something from the ground (those shining spots you can see sometimes when breaking rocks for example) the game will freeze. The only solution I've found is ignore them. I don't know if this will cause problems later in the game or other bugs will appear. I can't assure it, but simply saving your game BEFORE encountering a bug and loading it with a normal iso should be enough to make you able to skip the bug. So, have a lot of saves, save frecuently and make use of the emulator savestates.

So for all we know, there may be more serious bugs later.

Well it still might be worth a try. Just keep 2 versions ready just in case, one with no voice patch and other with a voice patch. The saves should be compatible with each other anyways.

Isn't that literally every game ever? No matter how fancy the arena, it's just a big rectangle/circle.

Who's the best Sky girl and why is it Kloe?

C U C K
U
C
K

I like too many of the characters to choose one, but Estelle is up there. Although that's probably cheating since she's the main character.