How does Veeky Forums feel about the """""Ford"""" Probe?

How does Veeky Forums feel about the """""Ford"""" Probe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EsV8Vg4Yzaw
crapengineering.weebly.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also Ford probe thread for the one guy who might have one

Always thought they looked fantastic, thanks to crap for scrap I don't see too many of them anymore.

Fix
Ot
Rgain
Dony

That would be me and I think Alphonse

My 93gt 5spd I got a 95 4cyl which is absolutely gutless but it's got cold ac and it's good on fuel so there's that

It's a much better looking MX6, a shame they were FWD but I love mine and they ride like rails in the twisties, just when I think it's out of grip it has more to give. The V6 has a lot of grunt down low but they can be built to be major top end power makers. The KL V6 is based on a Porsche turbo F1 design from the 1980s and has a shorter stroke than a 90's ITR

this and the Festiva was honestly some of Mazda's best work.

>FWD

The back is so ugly. The car just has a cheap look in general.

But it's the least expensive pop up headlights car right?

bet you think the ZX2 was shitty too

>that
>ugly
The taillights are fine, it's like an Aurora but slightly worse. The whole C pillar area is fucked, though.

The 89 gt is asthetic.

The car looks cheap as fuck and it is
Imo it's a worse 5th gen celica

>Ford
>Probe

Something most Ford owners would enjoy for being such mega faggots that like it up the ass.

Some point somehas has said the words
>wow is that a ferrari?

>hey user, wanna hang out at my place tonight?
>Sure, let me get the probe

substitute Anal for Ford

Anal Probe
Anal Explorer
Anal Focus
Anal Fusion
Anal Expedition

>anal fiesta

~snickers~ anal probe, more like

Anal excursion

I thought that Probe was a funny name when I was 14

it's still funny

Uh

I'm still 14

ANAL RAPTOR
ANAL SUPER DUTY

Goodbye

hey cutie

>Implying I haven't already changed my ip
Post benis

um no u first

I miss the MX-3 much more.

the 99-02 mercury/ford cougars are spiritual successor to the probe

kek

my buddy in high school had this one. his name was chad and that car was fast and cool

Dodge did the shitty 80s sport better

I had a 94 SE 5-speed that I beat to death, it never died.

I always wondered about these cars.
I want a nice inexpensive manual coupe with pop ups and these seemed like a nice buy due to how cheap they are.
The 240SX is off the table because way too expensive for a non molested one
NA miata prices are skyrocketing and I want something with more room
I dont mind FWD too much, the 5th gen celica is also nice but there are very few manual versions in my area and the rest are overpriced
Granted, the Probe is also rare as well but are significantly cheaper than the celica

What are some common problems and are parts easy to find?

10/10 would think about shoving it up my ass

body panels are easy to get when you're in europe. Engine is from Mazda, so many parts will just bolt on.

My gf likes these
I’m kinda meh on them

There’s some old dude in my town who sits at the park alone next to his probe every weekend. See him every time I pass by

I loved mine, had the v6, 5-speed, fun as hell to drive. Got a bunch of pussy in it too. Straight piped exhaust after manifold, sounded good, looked good, I kept that bitch clean and was even able to get road head in it.

Can confirm on the Gen 2. It also gets called a 240

Gen 3 a shit

You're allowed to be wrong.

Gen 1's rust easy. Check the trunk area. Gen 2, check the transmission for fluid leakage, a significant amount not just a seep, the cases are prone to cracking on the 5 speed. Avoid the auto at all costs. Door panels are about shot on most of them but OEM ones are on ebay. The V6 is a great motor but they drop valves if you habitually abuse them and I'm not talking about the occasional wide open freeway entrance. I used to race a Gen 2 in SCCA and local autocross and held the bitch wide open at 140 for 3 minutes straight and it was fine but keep that shit to a minimum and don't let the oil get low if you're going to do that. Back in the day they were very competitive in their class. They are renowned for their handling especially in the wet with that big V6 over the drive tires.

The timing belt job is a pain but not impossible. The trunks don't leak as bad on the Gen 2 but they can. Parts are easy to come by, but you will have to order most of them from a parts house or ebay. You can still get belts and small stuff from Autozone on the spot I had to order all the stuff for my timing belt job.

Stay on top of fluid levels as with any old car. They have a decent amount of aftermarket still but you have to look around.

For a FWD car they are a solid 8/10 in my book and with a 200hp KLZE swap and bolt-ons there isn't a whole lot from the period that will keep up without some kind of forced induction. The 1993 year model has the stiffest suspension and the lowest ride height of all the years, it's a 140mph car with a 200mph suspension. The Gen 1 turbo is a 150mph car with an 80mph suspension and they are super rare but can be found still for cheap.

How do you feel about the 2nd gen, 4cylinder models? Theres one in my area for less than 1000 dollars, manual transmission, but it's the base model.

I drive the Probe home every night.

> it's the least expensive pop up headlights car

There`s also the first gen Eclipse, 323f and S series Saturns

I have one. They are fucking dogs even with the 5-speed and can barely get out of their own way, but all of the Mazdaspeed Protege Turbo stuff bolts right up to it.

The 4-cyl seems to have fewer maintenance problems and are a cinch to work on, they are reliable and good on gas but hilariously slow. With the MSP stuff they can go pretty fast and you can keep the stock wire harness too.

All of those Eclipses have FNF tax, S series Saturns LOL and the 323f was never sold here.

>S series Saturns LOL

I love mine. Reliable, pretty, never let me down so far. Easy enough to maintain as well

Love the probe
Is the Celica yours too?

MX-3 is great, I love mine.

this makes me miss my geo storm

they cool and all I guess

I have a 1st gen GT but I prefer the 2nd gen

not really worth it unless its a GT or LX imo

thats a 90-92
this is an 89

Criminally underrated. Mate's building one from two parts cars, shits gonna be crazy.

I'd like to but nah, only got the Ford in this pic

Heavier but sexier MX-6 with sportier suspension. KL engine is fucking fantastic.

Always liked them. That little 6 makes neat sounds.

youtube.com/watch?v=EsV8Vg4Yzaw

I really want to drop a KLZE into my MX-5. A turbo or supercharger setup might be cheaper and easier but they don't make the same glorious fucking noise.

crapengineering.weebly.com/
Do it faggot