/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Here we talk about all things Sonic! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #818 - Delicious Oats edition.

>Link CompilationSonic News<
Sonic Mania vids:
6 Minutes of Gameplay: youtu.be/uB9RP2SV8HY
Green Hill Boss : youtu.be/X1GZbQgtGLY
Chemical Plant : youtu.be/4TX2I3iUORQ
youtu.be/52UGIIIp9WE
Pre-order Trailer: youtu.be/wvD8NZN9Zsg

Sonic Forces vids:
Sonic Forces Main Theme Lyrics Rvealed - Fist Bump: youtu.be/XI97jY3FZ9Q
Sonic Forces E3 trailer: youtu.be/dprxYd_16Ck
7 minutes of Gameplay: youtu.be/fyTzm8WgtlE
Full level Gameplay: youtu.be/6g6_rRqjlCI
Avatar Gameplay: youtu.be/TJZfptketUc

>Drawfag/Writefag Idea WallsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9wQojS0lxpbXpxRWZiOFNWSHM/view
youtube.com/watch?v=i1FAL3m5jOY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw I like classic, adventure, AND boost

fuck heroes tho

>this guy walks up to you and slaps sonic mania's ass

What do?

I hate Sonic

For the next OP, could you kindly update the Dev Kit link to Version 3? Thanks.
drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9wQojS0lxpbXpxRWZiOFNWSHM/view

If you're working on a level, post screenshots. I want to see what you've come up with.

What's the best way to get into ROM hacks and fan games?
Like, is there a way to play ROM hacks on steam?
Does /sthg/ have a recommended list of good ROMS or fan games? Maybe mods in general?

Start with Sonic Megamix.

Was there a Boom episode yesterday? Is it up yet?

>6 posts in
You're slipping up.

The Sonic games on Steam are compatible with Steam Workshop, which means official romhack support. Last I checked you can play Sonic 3 Complete on Steam.

Fuck you, nigger

Heroes is a pleb filter

I love Sonic and his games!

Me too friend! They're all fun!

Heroes is just adventure with a team mechanic though

I need more cute Sonic gifs!

So are you gay or a fat black woman? Because I've noticed fat black women love Sonic.

Neither

Fat black woman confirmed.

I just watched the first episode of Sonic Boom and it was kind of funny in that Snarky Pixar way.
I could actually get over the designs maybe now that I'm used to the voice actors from recent games.
Bought the whole collection on Steam
How deep down this rabbit hole am I?

You're still in the normal category.

Not deep enough. You need to be here at 3 AM, arguing about game mechanics and which gameplay styles are best.

>How deep down this rabbit hole am I?
Not till you have 2 GB of Amy pictures.

Is this loss

Don't mind me, just the best special stage in the franchise passing through.

Chaotix >>> Heroes

this.
I really hope Mania does these

>gif
>it's a static image

I wanted to say-

I saw on the other thread that someone was saying that ABT and Ian know what's going on and can't say because of work things.

While that makes complete and total sense, I can tell you with complete confidence that they have no idea what's going on. They know that Sega is "making decisions" and that Archie hasn't told them a damn thing.

One thing they do know is that they haven't worked since December and that they all need(ed) to find other sources of employment.
I really wish I could say they knew anything more.

Nah.

How do you know?

fuck I think you're right

people actually liked the heroes' special stages? They're the same as Sonic 2's but in 3D and worse controls

>Sega is "making decisions"
What's influencing those decisions? The lawsuit, more money?

A little too easy

Heroes is Adventure with a team mechanic, overly long levels you have to beat 4 times and absolutely fucked physics for a platformer The worst offender is the fact that your falling vertical momentum will translate into horizontal momentum even if you you hit the ground at a 90 degree angle, and jumping to correct yourself after you land will kill you, because you will get flung off in the direction you're traveling.

I'm sick of the term "slippery controls" too, but it doesn't make it any less-valid of a complaint.

There's lots of influences. All we have are speculations, but I can probably say it's a combination of Archie's questionable decisions in the past, a few hairy lawsuits and a "change in focus" for both Sonic and Sega's brand image.

The only thing Heroes is good for is watching speedrunners break the fuck out of it.

Wonder why they're taking so long.

I'm a close associate. That's it.

youtube.com/watch?v=i1FAL3m5jOY

Sure you are.

I need more of this Cream.

I agree, these stages had a fair amount of challenge but were easy to handle and didn't make me panic too much.

So, in short, Arin chose the Wii version because he was hoping that this would be the more glitchy, or broken of the two, but it backfired. The Wii version is no more glitchy, or broken than the HD version. It's just more boring. Nice going, Arin.

Maybe end of July is when they'll make up their minds?

The only thing your fat ass dollar cent whore mother is good for is watching people beat the shit out of her for not sucking a dick properly

THE NEW PORCUPINE ON THE BLOCK WITH THE BUFF CHEST

I'd beat the shit out of this guy if I ever saw him irl

IN THE WILDERNESS WITH THE RUGGEDNESS

shut the fuck up sparky

Amy is a worthless slut

user is a worthless slut

Funny thing is, I actually did meet Arin when he came to Columbus for his Wendy's promotion. Even crazier, it had been mere days after he and Ross played GHP on the channel, so when I told Arin and thanked him for the added exposure he said "No shit! That was you? Man, we should be making a line to meet you too." It was a good day.

Agreed and she needs to stop trying to hog my man.

It's unlikely, I know. I just always feel compelled to say something when I see it come up.

Mecha > Metal

I really wouldn't count on it.

I did not say that, and... why did you think I did?

If it was me, I would've told him that I never asked for his exposure, and promptly spit on his shoes.

I really, really fucking hate him.

>Always a Greenhill Zone remake
>Never a Emerald Hill Zone remake
FUCKING STOP
STOP IT NOW FUCKING LISTEN TO ME

>implying emerald hill isn't a green hill remake itself

I don't care that much for the guy either but calm it down a little, bud.

Two different anons. I wouldn't beat him up irl, but I would call him out on his bullshit. To his face. Maybe call his wife an ugly alien to goad him into starting a fight, so I'd have an excuse to kick his ass.

SMBZ?

I don't give a flying fuck about that idiot, but he's terribly unfunny, he's an idiot, spouts bullshit all the fucking time. I just wanna punch him in the face and give him a nosebleed, is that too much to ask?

Heroes is Adventure but with better level design but worse controls/physics.

You chumps buying Mania on PC or console?

PC. Gotta play with that USB Genesis pad.

>a "change in focus" for both Sonic and Sega's brand image.
WHAT COULD GO WRONG

Neither. If I want to play Sonic 1, 2, and Knuckles levels, I'll just play those games.

Both PC and PS4.

I'll play it, but I'm not buying it.

but user suzy isn't an alien

I'm not getting mania at all

Switch

Sega getting deadline autism as always.

PC. I refuse to play this on anything other than a CRT at native 240p.

>"Hello Rafa. I saw your post on Tumblr regarding your situation and wanted to revisit the commission we had discussed. I can assure you I am serious regarding this project and am committed to payment on whatever terms you find agreeable, and on top of that I wanted to mention that I know of at least one other commission that I would like to purchase following this one. I apologize that this is most likely not the consistent source of work that you are needing right now, but as a longtime fan of your work, I hope this would at least help in some way."

Finally caught Rafa while they were online. Now to see the response.

PC

pls work

t. Alix Henriol

just for curiosity user, what did you commission?

High-poly Bump model.

pls work

>buy Sonic Forces on Switch
>use this to play
>also realize that because of the weird controller update Nintendo made it is possible to use the GC Keyboard controller on modern games

pso will live again

>implying I'm going to pay to play a glorified fan hack

Its mainly for DQX and MHXX I think.
DQX is so fucking shit on PS4 that it might help the Switch sales

I want to high five Sonic