Will the early 00s fast and furious rice aesthetic ever make a comeback?

Will the early 00s fast and furious rice aesthetic ever make a comeback?

when did it stop being cool and when did ppl who were unironically into the decals and paint jobs start to feel embarrassed by it?

anyone have pics of irl ones?

you don't seem to ever see them anymore besides older lancers with body kits and shit every now and then

Other urls found in this thread:

oppositelock.kinja.com/rough-style-explained-471119078
youtube.com/watch?v=DiySZYBd_Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=dedZFUiDZD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Will it ever come back?
Hopefully not

Australian car culture seems to not have got the memo on rice. Some dude down the road from me owns a two-tone gradient painted 240sx that's ugly as sin and it's his daily.

>ausfag
>secretly want to put neons under my car

the shame

Secretly wish it would desu but doubtful it will seeing as car culture is almost dead
It was all in good creative fun and the cars didn't all have the "le angry face" meme

I'm trying to but i am too poor lmao!!

It makes a comeback when we make it come back. We should just start getting tribal decals, colored tint and underglow on our cars. I'm getting an 08 Impreza soon, i feel like it's a car in which I could possibly start to attempt to bring back 2000s rice

It'll come back in fashion

I mean it's still around in Japan, where it originated. Especially in the drift scene.

Everything will make a comeback when enough time passes
Fashion, cars, media, popular trends, etc.

I can see it making a comeback, assuming stupid bureaucrats dont outlaw modifying cars

go to the poor parts of any city. it hasn't gone away.

well first off it requires owning an older car which most people just cant do. newer cars just cant be modified they're just WAAAY too ugly and aerodynamic to do anything with. even the compact cars are just too... spaceshippy.

donks are different than the ricing that went on in fast and furious

endless rice possibilities

vs newer model corolla that has absolutely ZERO rice possibilities.

You could rice tf outta that dude. Just put a wing on the back a fartcan and some crazy high impact rims with a carbon fiber texture and some shitty logo painted on. Then you cut the springs and put 10 degrees of camber.

You say that now because it's brand new. Just wait 10 years when it's worth 5k and anybody can buy it and do whatever tf they want to with it.

what are those tubes on the front?
always wondered what they were

t. someone who has never visited japan

It was never cool unless you were a Mexican in socal.

>tubes

its just an external oil coiler with the lines running out front as well.

It has been popular in Japan since the 80s/90s

oppositelock.kinja.com/rough-style-explained-471119078

you're stupid.

>hurr only poor people have donks
>only poor people rice their cars

Im willing to bet you're a nu male that has at least one plastidipped part on your car.

This is an 18+ board.

I love seeing early 2000s rice and tuner cars. It's a rare sight.

I'd love to see NFS Underground irl again.

>Will the early 00s fast and furious rice aesthetic ever make a comeback?
its due a come back. I feel it will ironically be back in fashion in the next 2-5 years.
people will ironically be running neons at car meets with in the next 18 months.

>make a comeback
It never went away.

Even if it did, we're only like 10-15 years away from people bringing it back ironically.

Why do you want it to come back?

It's fun to have your own scene that the mainstream and hipsters are no part of. It used to be the norm before a certain party killed all counter-culture.

So be part of your own shit and enjoy the fact that you're not surrounded by a bunch of fucking posers who only showed up because it was in something mainstream and they thought it was cool.

i remember in mid/late 90's seeing a 180/ 200/240sx in town, with an asian driving it, white, with a big dragon sticker down the side, thought it was the coolest fucking thing ever.

Those were the fat days. Even idiots had disposable income, hence the culture of glorious excess. Now everyone is tight as fuck. Thanks Obama.

35 y-o here, I lost my virginity in 2000 at 18 y-o back when the modded car scene was booming.
I know it sounds cliché but damnit "back in my days" the car scene was the shit. I feel for you younger anons that didn't really get to see the world before 2006

>when did it stop being cool
immediately

Its where the cars internet comes from

t-t-t-thanks speedhunters reader.

I wasn't old enough to drive during the prime ricer era but I was old enough to have interest in cars and have some very found memories of the ricer era. I remember playing Juiced and NFS for PC and going maximum rice with a FWD car.

For silent reading in school I got my mom to buy me SuperStreet and other import magazines which I would be excited to see the new C-West bumpers on a FWD Celica.

In the Vancouver area there were many riced out and modified cars in the area. Convenient port access along with only 15 year old minimum on imports outside of north america it was and still is a hotbed for all sorts of RHD/Grey market cars

I found some local news clips and videos from back in the day.

youtube.com/watch?v=DiySZYBd_Ms

youtube.com/watch?v=dedZFUiDZD0

>when did it stop being cool
It was never cool. That said, there was some car culture associated with it which is probably what people miss more now that car culture is dead. Truck culture seems to be doing well though. Everybody seems to love driving obnoxiously large raised pickups with tinted windows, matte black wheels, and giant smokestacks. I haven't seen as many of those American eagle flag backgrounds that were popular after 9/11 or metal balls, though. So I guess there are some changes in truck culture.