Is it bad for a car (automatic) to put the pedal to the metal? not ease into it, but stomp it decisively

is it bad for a car (automatic) to put the pedal to the metal? not ease into it, but stomp it decisively

That’s not good for any car. You’re basically slamming every piece inside the engine against each other

No downshift won't break a trans especially auto which love to do that shit.
It's called a rpm and that's normal

that's not the answer i want

not really, even less for an automatic because of the slushbox vs clutch.

>You’re basically slamming every piece inside the engine against each other

>fwd
>4-cyl
>automatic
>Ford

It's pretty much the worst car ever

Stomping the accel pedal on a (insert transmission type here) car is bad for it, short term though, not long term. It's possible to somehow fuck up your throttle (granted if you drive a shitbox like the car in said photo). Not to mention that in an automatic it generally doesn't shift as soon as it hits the end of the powerband (unless you've got 3300/3500 timers instead of 1500/1700), so you'll overrev it and eventually fuck up something in either your transmission (shitbox or older car) or you run the risk of overheating your engine (again, only if you drive a shitbox like in said photo). Really it's not much to worry about because the risk is pretty low of any of these things happening, even though you drive a fucking shitbox.

>No downshift won't break a trans especially auto which love to do that shit.
>#
>It's called a rpm and that's normal

>not sure if trolling or just fucking retarded

I swear, Veeky Forums has some fucking ricetards

FWD isn't THAT bad, it just doesn't take much skill to drive in unlike RWD, just a heads up you can pitch FWD sideways, it's just difficult and you run the risk of seriously fucking up your rear tires (uneven wear)

my contour is a v6 the pic is just something i took from google. it is not powerful but it is fun to accelerate onto the highway and the only way to get any speed sensation is to give it 100 percent

>not a real ford mondeo

screw off

>it just doesn't take much skill to drive in unlike RWD
it's exactly other way around if you are talking about performance driving (hotlaps for example)
RWD is easymode there, FWD is the shit

Not really, FWD has understeer, RWD has oversteer, understeer is easier to correct than oversteer. If you can drive RWD as well as FWD then RWD is ultimately easier, but FWD is easier to drive because of its handling benefits over RWD, there's a reason that road cars often have awd modes

What the fuck ever. RWD is easier to control, and when you fuck up you have the option to correct it, with FWD, you're generally fucked trying to recover.

>what is letting go of the gas pedal (FWD)
>what is spinning out (RWD)
You can correct understeer skids much faster than you can correct oversteer skids (aka dorifuto)

To be fair, you can make either drivetrain react either way, but I get you mean what the car does under power. It really depends on suspension setting and differential design. A FWD car can slide sideways, but the reaction of the car to power and steering inputs is completely different and an entirely different cornering method is required. Meanwhile, a RWD car understeering is a rather scary proposition as the proper way to correct it is to gently accelerate, while gentle trailbraking helps mitigate FWD understeer. Applying too much of either makes the problem worse.

>RWD is hard to drive
My first vehicle was a C1500. Any difference in how it handles compared to my FWD DeVille is marginal at best. You autists have never driven cars ever.

You've obviously never driven a car specifically tune for track racing

Have you?

I've got a 240sx with a RB26 swap that I have tuned for drifting, I used to have a tuned honda integra that I used for time attack (sold it to get the 240sx I have now).
World of difference.

post pic

I just got the thing and still haven't taken any photos yet. I didn't swap the engine myself though, I bought it from a guy who didn't want it anymore and he didn't take the godly RB26 out, I put a new suspension on it and turned the final gear to 4.778

>still haven't taken any photos yet
Back on the bus with you, sport.

I don't care if you don't believe me, but I've been really busy with the car that I haven't taken any photos of it yet.

>Claims to be too busy spending time with his car
>Can't take 4 seconds out of his day to take a picture

back to the bus with you

>user is just jealous

>4.7 gears
Holy shit user...my truck has 3.7 gears!

Fuck, I fail, I meant final drive lol

still waiting on that pic

>is it bad for a car

It is bad in the sense that demanding 100% performance of your car is more taxing for it than doing the sufficient 25%.
On top of this, a not sufficiently maintained car will brake down sooner if you always stomp the shit out of it.
It all just depends on how long you want your car to last.