What's so special about Tesla? There are other car companies that make electric cars...

What's so special about Tesla? There are other car companies that make electric cars. Can someone explain the Tesla hype to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/10/why-i-hope-to-die-at-75/379329/
mobile.twitter.com/DavidHodge/status/931391188065705984/video/1
youtube.com/watch?v=HHgxOXEQaFU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can get a special parking spot and free electricity while virtue signaling even hard?

idk. Seems like the hype should be as simple as being a techfag and thinking it's bretty neat or you like the way it thrashes at the track or whatever.

>they look nice, as opposed to all other EVs
>it's a company built from the ground up to make EVs
>they have a huge charger network
>great autopilot
>frequent OTA updates
>great performance
etc etc

Image is everything. Tesla makes electric cars that look and perform competitively with ICE cars so it doesn't matter that they're not actually better for the economy or the environment. Society doesn't give a fuck about that shit in reality.

jewish tricks

Musk is good at marketing and bulding up hype.

Holy fuck how many active Tesla threads do wen need on front page kill you are selfs

I will sell my Tesla when Kia Stinger arrives.

I decided to make it a new thread since the last thread in the catalog has literally a guy asking how to put fuel into his car. Not a huge loss.

*had

>how many active Tesla threads do wen need
he is our lord and savior.
it must be so

Memes and Musk.

The battery manufacturing part isn't eco friendly but the rest is 100% clean. What are you on about?

Tires and roads aren't 100% clean. Neither is electricity generation or, according to the carbon nazis, even your breathing or consumption of food or water.

>100% clean
What does that even mean? Do you know you have a carbon and water footprint that feeds in to the determination of whether you live or die by the globalized medical system?

>What's so special about Tesla?
Soyboy's car aka Apple car for Beta cucks, who never drive the ring or track

Hang on, what? Will hospitals seriously let you die if you use too much water and burn too much stuff?

That's the idea of IBM's WATSON computers into which the global medical records are fed. They do basically a cost/benefit ratio on what your life is worth and that determines what kind of care you receive. People don't understand that this is what hillary/romney/obamacare is really all about, not some tax or other.

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/10/why-i-hope-to-die-at-75/379329/

oh
you're retarded
got it

Not at all. Look in to the Virtual Man project out of France for the water footprint aspect.

That cost/benefit ratio is the same one calculated by human beings when you apply for coverage, making a computer do it doesn't necessarily change the result.

That's the approximation being made through laws and DSM and other such things, but why fund all that unnecessary uncertainty and inefficiency? Automation is the future user.

mobile.twitter.com/DavidHodge/status/931391188065705984/video/1

video of the roadster accelerating. holy crap

>even your breathing or consumption of food or water.
The carbon footprint of that varies greatly. can be anywhere from negative to positive

>richfag
>have a calf slaughtered just for you on a different continent every day
>soy-fed
>soy grown in freshly burned rainforests

vs.

>treehugger
>only eats locally grown veggies, hauled by EV trucks
>purchased from farms using renewable power
>fertilizer from manure
>non-edible parts of plants are used to sequester carbon in the ground

Most people obviously don't fall into either of those extremes.

So why do we have a carbon footprint? Does carbon even matter at all, especially if it can't be measured?

You can only answer that question if you understand investment banking.

Musk fanboys

>So why do we have a carbon footprint?
Asking why is silly. It simply is an observable property.
It's like asking why we have length.

>Does carbon even matter at all, especially if it can't be measured?
But it can. It's not as trivial to measure as accurately as length in all cases, but some cases are straight-forward.

>it's easy to measure all the carbon atoms
lel
>but it can matter!
youtube.com/watch?v=HHgxOXEQaFU

Not sure if retarded or just baiting. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.

They're the beats of electric cars right now. Its a lot of hype. Not to say they are bad, but it is a bit overrated especially considering the company is only in its infancy. As far as car technology goes they will probably become obsolete faster than a traditional car.

What if instead of batteries you could just refill it with potatoes?

Potatoes create an electrical opposition from the ground

You can get alcohol from potatoes. Assuming that opposed piston generator concept ever takes off it wouldn't be hard to unfeasible to tune it for just about any gaseous or vapor fuel. It would make a great self-sufficiency accessory to an electric car.

It would be nice if electric cars had an option to replace half the battery with a fuel tank for something like that.

The alcohols are only one carbon bond to be sure.

Same hype as fidget spinners, instagram, vapes, hoverboards and Starbucks
The same shit that will eventually die down

Until the spark ev only tesla made electric cars that weren't complete crap.