Inches forward at a red light halfway through the intersection

>inches forward at a red light halfway through the intersection
>Light turns green
>Accelerates slower than molasses

Other urls found in this thread:

wisconsindot.gov/Documents/dmv/shared/bds126-motorists-handbook.pdf
seattlepi.com/local/transportation/article/Getting-There-What-is-the-law-on-left-turns-3603191.php
apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.61.190
docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/346/II/08
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's almost better than the fucking retards who stop 25 feet back from the fucking stop line. At least the lights get triggered this way.

>person slowly accelerates
>coasts for a little bit
>still slowly accelerating
>its been 30 seconds and youve just broken 25mph

fucking manual drivers always do this shit in NY, or they'll coast in 2nd gear till it turns green.

Get on your fucking horn or flash your high beams. People that sit behind people like this and do nothing are almost as bad.

Nice post OP, I agree.

Also

People who merge into the left lane because slow traffic has built up, but then proceed to go the exact same speed creating an impassable wall of slow fucks.

>Priuses and California drivers

>approaching red light
>you’re lane is clear
>guy from other lane who is almost stopped moves into your lane
>light turns green
>proceeds to accelerate slower than the car he got out from behind

>Prius drivers
I accelerate slow sure, but inching is a waste of battery.

>guy in front cant see around at all
>red light coming up
>i brake smoothly
>he accelerates and hits the brakes hard when he gets to the light
>by the time i've rolled up the light changed so i dont even have to stop completely
whatever retard enjoy those bimonthly pad changes

eh

i do this just so they try to over take me then i floor my v8 and watch them rage

>green light, no arrow, in left turn lane
>come to a stop, because of oncoming traffic
>person behind me lays on his horn
>sit there and wait while a number of cars pass
>drive away and make my turn
>the guy also turns left

could be worse

shared a shrug with the pedestrians

I will never understand fuckers that do things like this. There is a gas station just down the street from me, on the other side of a fairly short light. So many fuckers make a right on red, and then end up stopping and blocking traffic so they can make a left across three lanes of traffic (left/straight/right) to go in. Just wait an extra ten fucking seconds, go straight at the light and make a nice leisurely right hand turn into the driveway you stupid fucks.

>crossovers

FUCKING THIS!

Why is that driver in the left lane when the right lane is empty?

i hate this intersection so much, but its the way to college. the road bends causing a blind wall where the left turners are

and brown town means poking the head out wheels turned is common

Driving is Georgia is like being an unwilling participant in the faggot olympics.

You're supposed to pull out into the intersection retard

Why the fuck would you give up your right of way? I can see if it's stop and go traffic but fuck you if you do this in normal situations.

This. What really confuses me is when people will pass me and accelerate while I'm coasting towards a red light.

Shitty driver detected. It's not a fucking game. It's a 2 tonne vehicle you could kill someone with

ill let slide because he was old but it gets better

most of the time if someone was in the middle of the road ill let them slide to free up the lanes but other guy just had to go

at least nothing bad happened

>women in charge of checking the rear view

i've just moved into a new city in ohio that has nothing but shit drivers and at this point i honestly can't tell if this is serious or not

then why does the other person get halfway into the fucking intersection on a red light
it's clearly not about safety

Ontario? ...And you people wonder why your insurance is so expensive.

off she goes

>matched speed with car next to me
>look over
>notice one of their wheels looks like it's about to fly off

my all time favourite Veeky Forums trigger
>women
>crossover

did you move from India or something?

pennsylvania, where my driving instructor took a mark off when i tried to do during my test

I'm not responsible for other people's shitty driving

>driving v8 ute
>coasting to Red Lights and slow take off for them fuel consumption gainz
>autist in 1990 mx-5 who thinks he's in a racing car approaching from behind
>visibly arseblasted due to me following the road
>so much social anxiety that he can't bare to be on the road for any longer than necessary
>miata owner attempts unsafe overtake after a light that I accelerated from slowly after my three second check for red light runners.
>launch hard with my high displacement engine as there's is no replacement for displacement
>Mazda owner cucks out from his overtake attempt and settles down behind me like a good boy
>proceed at 20kms below the speed limit

You're kinda slow, aren't you?
The OP was asking why people inch into the intersection when they have a red light like they're in a big fucking hurry, which is dangerous, and then take off like they've never driven before and can't find the gas.

Oh sorry. I misread it. I think I may have been projecting a little

W-what are y-you talking about user no I dont.

Motorcycle fag here, whenever I see a white cuv or any minivan I avoid them at all cost, i don't know what the deal with them is around here but they will most likely do something stupid as fuck

>mfw vee ate cucks try this shit on my 1.8 liters of fury shitbox

little do they know im a suicidal motherfucker and will exceed the speed limit by fuck tons because i aint no pussy motherfucker

You can exceed the speed limit all you want, m8. It's not gonna help you take off fast enough to avoid oncoming traffic.

but thats where you are wrong af user

ill just wait till we are up to speed and then drop it into 3rd for max respect

ALSO ITS CALLED THE SHOULDER

the best free passing lane

Post video

Did he hit the car? I can't tell
Might have a left turn coming up, easier to stay there rather than switch

>pull out into the intersection
Lol you do realize that's illegal right? I see retards get pulled over for it all the time. Especially when they're in the middle and then the light turns red so they go.

Please tell me you laid on the horn the entire time

if you are in the left turn lane, and have a green light you're required by law to pull out into the intersection, and be ready to make the turn.

You're either making shit up, or you live in a state with far goofier traffic laws than Wisconsin.
wisconsindot.gov/Documents/dmv/shared/bds126-motorists-handbook.pdf

>Lol you do realize that's illegal right?
maybe in the 3rd world

>drive a car safely and with attention paid to fuel economy
>abusive assholes get shitty

You literally trying to get user arrested?

shit driver located

Sorry user just adhering to the law

What benefit or logic is there behind pulling into the middle of the intersection other than being an impatient retard? You see less, you're in everyone's way, and the light could turn red while you're in the middle of the intersection.

If you sat behind the stop bar you would make it through the turn just as fast as if you were sitting in the middle of the intersection since you're restricted by oncoming traffic no matter what.

Not in most states, you aren't. Unless you can find the actual statute, it's probably not even illegal in your state.

like i said, was told by a driving instructor this was illegal. and i've only rarely seen anyone do that where i used to live.

>ANYONE ever getting arrested for trying to make a proper left turn on green.

K
>proper
No

"Safe" isn't deathgripping the wheel and driving like a fucking grandma. If you want to be thrifty take the fucking bus or a uber. Just because you're a cheap fuck and have nothing to do doesn't mean the hundreds of people behind you are in the same situation. Cocksuckers like you is why there's pointless and seemingly perpetual traffic.

keep sighting shit state laws. no wonder you fuckfaces sit at the line wasting everyone ability to make a left turn

Did you seriously crop the parts where you disagree with a state trooper?
seattlepi.com/local/transportation/article/Getting-There-What-is-the-law-on-left-turns-3603191.php

>can't even spell or use citing properly
>thinks going into an intersection actually makes it quicker
>thinks going into an intersection isn't more dangerous
>thinks turning on red because you're in an intersection is legal
Christ all mighty you're a bonafide retard

Just because a cop thinks letting someone murder another person for killing their kid should be legal doesn't make it legal friend

>hurr durr your state is shit because you don't either get fucking t-boned or block traffic everytime you enter an intersection

you cant get tboned on a red light retard

I'd trust a state trooper's opinion on traffic law before I'd trust an Internet rando selectively quoting clickbait. Especially since that part of RC 46.61.202 is about yield signs, and doesn't say boo about left turns at traffic lights.
apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.61.190

Still doesn't make it legal friend

Except it quite literally does.

you are an idiot, aha ha ha ha

What about people that are following a car that goes to turn left on a two lane road, but has to stop to wait for oncoming traffic. Do you think it's acceptable to pass them on the right? I've seen people make this pass in some dumb places. You're only allowed to do it in my state when there is a wide enough paved section for another lane there, or where there is a short designated lane for it.

Same deal in my state--legal if there's enough pavement, including shoulder.
docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/346/II/08

what dashcam are you using?

fellow Veeky Forumstario fag here too

if there's no one coming why not? it's a car you can drive it anywhere just look around and make sure it's safe to do so before hand. if Mexico has taught me one thing it's how to drive like a baller.

man I am getting too many near-misses in Ontario, and this is with me keeping the mentality of what the most retarded thing the car near me will do and what can I do to avoid it. One of these days I'm going to get into a situation that is just completely unavoidable. Fuck Brampton.

horn machine broke

EK5000
where in onterrible are you at

hello fellow floridian

Disrupting the flow of traffic is inherently less safe.

Mississauga reporting in

bro my engine is still warming up

Yellow means slow down not speed up, desu

>filename

yellow means speed up if your car is fast

>safely
You're statistically more likely to be in an accident because literally no one else drives like you, and two out of three people rage at you. You are an obstacle and therefore likely to be hit, like it or not. The statistically safest drivers on the road accelerate prudently and drive 5 miles over the speed limit. This is why cops don't pull you over for 5 over unless they really want to fuck with you. They are explicitly told that it is safe. However, if you drive "safely, with attention paid to fuel economy" at night you might be pulled over as a suspected DUI.

>Red lights instantly prevent cars from running them

I've literally seen cops do this, it's called driving

better not ever go through an intersection then retard

Wow, it's almost like you can pass all the people who were stopped completely and keep up the flow of traffic if you slowly coast to the light (exclude this practice when there's a left-hand turning lane).

This PRECISELY.

That's for interstates and 4-lane highways, genius.

>Person leaves their indicator on for several kilometers along a straight road, apparently unable to hear the clicking sound

>Being a passenger while your gf is driving 10km/h under the limit in the fast lane without overtaking, a whole queue of angry cars behind ("oh my god, what is that guy's problem? stop tailgating me")

>For once, try to be a nice person and let someone through in traffic. They fail to respond to your obvious cues in a timely manner and you end up wasting several precious seconds as they just sit there idling, dumbfounded

Driving to places
>cautious
>afraid
Driving from places
>peel out of every stop
>10 over always
>slide and take the back roads

How do I stop

Get wrecked, learn your lesson

This one's on you desu
From his perspective it was clear to turn left
Then there you go WOTing it through a yellow light outta nowhere

Regardless of who has the right of way you still have an obligation to avoid accidents if you can. You can't plow into other cars solely because you have the right of way.

I feel your pain. I drive with the mentality that everyone around me is a retard and someone still managed to sideswipe me because she couldn't bother to check her blind spot or drive a non retarded speed in CITY FUCKING TRAFFIC. It's stop and go and everyone thinks it's a race track and the finishing line is their shitty house.

I see countless cars wait for the crosswalk to clear, sitting in the intersection, waiting to finish a left turn. Shit gets so bad that sometimes it blocks emergency vehicles. The area is like 70% asians from out of country so i don't assume too much. But some people grew up with these rules and still can't properly turn left.

ayy edge of scarborough near east york here
old people galore
what you driving

>dual lane
>stopped at lights
>next to someone
>light goes green
>accelerate up to speed limit by the time I'm across intersection
>cars behind have only just started moving
>large gap between me and cars behind
>drive at speed limit
>cars start passing me

THERE IS A SPEED LIMIT FOR A REASON. I KNOW IT'S STUPID AND I DON'T WANT TO DO IT BUT IT'S THE FUCKING LAW. I CAN NO RISK LOSING MY LICENSE