So the tesla semi is gonna send these trucks to the dump...

So the tesla semi is gonna send these trucks to the dump. Are prices gonna get low enough to warrant hotrodding one of these things?

I'd like me a crazy 1000 cubic inch motor with twin turbos. Along with a cab as long as the entire frame. Is this gonna be the next meme build?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Truck_Assembly
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pic related

Wagon version of a semi when?

It'd basically be a single manchild's rv

Shooting brake semi-truck? The Ameircans are getting pretty fat these days. It's the space they need.

Yeah, basically like what the Excursion was to the F250.

I work at the dang ol ford plant where those things are made.
Hurts my trans fat worked heart everytime l see some random thing labelled for the excursion. We should make it again.

Not that I give a shit what moves them but that 12,000lb battery is going to be a problem since you would need to keep the entire tractor under 20,000lbs in order to be competitive. That's going to be a tall order since you've only got 8,000 lbs for motor, axles, compressor (still gotta have air for brakes and suspension), cab, sleeper, etc. A heavy tractor causes problems with loads being overweight since you generally have only 80,000lbs to work with (federal minimum maximum for interstates and most states just make that their maximum period). Shippers mostly count on getting at least 45K in the box. Reefers weigh 16,000 and poverty boxes weigh 10-12,000.

We won't even mention time-to-recharge versus filling for a 1000+ mile range and if the wheels ain't turning the truck ain't making money and money is what it's all about.

You Fags can't afford let alone drive them. First thing I'll do after I buy my tesla is set the price of my pete at 200k

And btw you won't do shit. Even if you got a hold of one. We are talking 20k for stick engine rebuilds

There are a few companies out there that will make you a new Excursion out of a new F250/350 and the back half of an old Excursion.

No, I'm fine with the idea of a semi build. That's cool, but
>So the Tesla Semi is gonna send these trucks to the dump

Is not happening. Diesel engines are way too reliable and efficient to switch to an electric semi that will likely require very frequent recharges and other issues that most companies won't want to deal with. Those batteries will also not last 2m+ miles like Semi engines do. A battery pack for a Tesla car is $7k-ish, and the battery packs for the Semi would have to be at LEAST 10x the size and have more technology. Hmm replace a $70k battery pack every 200k miles (guess) or replace maybe a couple turbos for a few grand each. Lets also add at LEAST $300k for replaced motors in that 2m miles, as well.

So... $1m for unreliable technology, or $10k for a reliable diesel engine.

Hmmmmmm I wonder what businesses will go for...

Didnt tesla guarantee something for 1 million miles on their semis? Was it the motors or something?

You can buy a semi with a million miles for $15-20k.

You won't be able to feed it. Not justifiably anyway.
Not unless your a diesel me has mechanic who just loves throwing his money away on semi's instead of fun stuff.
Btw ur talking to a person who went through feeding a million mile tractor

This thread is hilarious
Implying the average Veeky Forums faggot who can't buy a 2500 Miata is going to just "pick up" an old semi and make a hot rod.

you get 8mpg

granted, that 8mpg stays pretty much the same when it's fully loaded and going uphill, but 8mpg on diesel to move one faggot and a bunch of still air around gets expensive.

Thats a nice pic of your dad's truck. Aren't you lucky he financed you.

If I was his dad I'd cut the cash off after seeing how disgustingly he modded his poor harley.

13-16 mpg bobtail and 6-7mpg loaded

Just cause ur faggot company gets 8mpg going 50mph on flat ground half loaded doesn't mean it's the industry standard. Put ur trip back on
Also my FL century never got more than 6.5 pulling heavy steal in PA hills

And it's muhhhh aero

ITT: truckerfag thread company fags drop their trips and try to act knowledgable on trucks

>Buying Cummins/PACCAR powered trucks
Opinion discarded.

Your the only one sperging here trip fag, go back to your containment thread

>buying the premium and most valued truck and engine option available in that year

Every owner operator spec truck is a Cummins paccar in 2017.

If if was 2005 I'd buy a cat but times have changed friendo. And cat can't make compliant engines. As in they fail to do so.
Yet I'm on 310k miles so far and only change oil
No issues
When I get 30k more at trade in than a freightliner ill come to ur door and laugh at ur face. And shit down ur throat.

The depreciation of aero shit is unbelievable compared to O/O spec trucks like mine.

By the time you pay of ur shitty truck it will be worth nothing while mine is worth 100k with dealers fighting to get ur trade in.
Suck my dick

Holy shit, he won't stop sperging, another drunk truck poster kek

This is normal for him.

CAT don't build truck engines because their CAT Truck project had terrible sales, nothing to do with compliance at all.
Not to mention a Detroit shits on any Cummins for reliability, and a Freightliner Coronado would sell better than some fleet spec Cascadia.
Btw you sound totally autistic

>pulling heavy steel
36 tonnes is not heavy.

You forgot about that egr you replaced.

If these trucks are as reliable as the rest of the Tesla fleet, they're going to be in the shop on a weekly basis.

>his country isn't already hot rodding trucks

Yeah, because their warranty has so much value
>model 3 STILL not released
That company is unreliable as fuck. The opposite of what you want for work tools.

No. They will start taxing them properly and then only boomers will be able to afford the luxury of owning a King Viper.

Which Ford plant do you work at?

Not him but I'd have to guess the Kentucky Ford plant, since that's where Excursions were built. They currently build F250-F550s and Expedition/Navigators there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Truck_Assembly

400$
Doser to the dpf
I would get another in he spring without hesitation without the elog mandate

I used to work at the plant in orchard Park NY, good benefits

Maybe one of these would make a nice tank...
Add more road wheels to the chassis and some light armor with a rear mounted turret and it would be perfect