>/pol/ vs trashcast
>shitposting
>page 9

vae victis

benis

benis

this is a nice thread

οἴμοι

this has nothing to do with video games. your being such a stupid retard to think that this is the right place to post your little social media meme shit is pathetic. fuck off and get a life, shit stain.

I know this is a shitpost, but how is a general focused on extensively modding a video game not video games?

που σε ρε πατριδα

pay denbts

That's just /4ccg/. The usual viewer doesn't see this.

You're either deluded or lying through your teeth. /4ccg/ has maybe 5% to do with game modification and 95% to do with what is essentially social media drama. Hint: almost nobody here actually knows how to modify the game.

When the cup stopped being its own thing and started being a vehicle for aspiring e-celebs to make their mark, it died. Ved getting involved was the beginning of the end. At least his shit was high quality. But as with all diseases, the trend progressed and the condition of the cup became worse and worse. We had no idea at the time that we were applauding the catalyst of the cup's demise, but that's exactly what it was. I'm sick of the hyp videos, I'm sick of the commentators, I'm sick of Boris and Sou and the newfag streamers, I'm sick of the fucking wiki and the nitpicking and hypocrisy over the rules, I'm sick of the ceaseless committee actions and polls and all the rest of it. It's jumped the shark. And if you don't like it, there's a dedicated contingent of like ten newfags who discovered Veeky Forums within the last couple years who will tell you to gtfo, stop hating what they like, >no fun allowed, etc. and then run back to Discord to jerk each other off over telling that meanie grumpy pants what's what.

I hate all of you, but most of all I hate myself for helping ruin what I loved by being part of it. The cup should've died with Germanbro.

The only reason things are probably not that bad is that it happened during the /pol/eague. So instead of only one team being /pol/, everything was /pol/, and that's what may have triggered the mod. As long as the moderation issue doesn't spill over into the actual cup, it should be ok.

Pretty sure it was just the stadium. And things like /britpol/ or /sng/ or /ancap/ or /sg/ aren't even remotely offensive.

So, like all other Veeky Forums generals?

Well you're not wrong

Nah, the stadium was fine until now. It's the context it was used in that caused the shitstorm. And you have the refs, the competition logo, the swipe, etc. Basically /pol/ overload. Not using the stadium was a choice to reduce the heat.

>other threads are pure cancer, so it's okay that ours is pure cancer
Have some self respect for once in your life. You're somebody's son. People sacrificed so that you could live and make something of yourself. Don't waste the gift of life making such embarrassing excuses for something as truly awful as /4ccg/.

You're arguing it's not video games. I'm arguing it's as video games as the other generals, so there's no excuse for treating it differently.

And yet you're still here. Funny, that.

I'm not the user that started that, I chimed in after. And the reason for treating it differently, if that's how you want to frame it, is self respect and caring about quality. This thread is only as bad as people allow it to be.

And this really isn't video games. It's endless wanking over namefags.

The whole "like the rest of Veeky Forums?" line is a red herring anyway.

I thought you were just being a weak troll with your first message, but yeah.. I can't really find anything I disagree with here.

>caring about quality on /v/'s /trash/
Also, there's a shit ton of PES being streamed, it's most definitely video games. The shitposting is merely an intermission.

I'm not making any excuses for /4ccg/ and I don't do the things that I associate with making it worse. Nice ad hominem, though.

It's not a troll. I really feel that way. And yeah, I don't see how anybody could disagree other than said aspiring e-celebs or the peons that congregate around them in lieu of making real friends in the real world. Once I recognized that I was part of the problem, I stopped cold turkey. I wish others had the clarity to do likewise and let it die.

t. ony

Once you make it part of your identity though, it's pretty hard to leave cold turkey. I know there was a meltdown on here a couple months back over whether it was ok to refer to a cup "community", but like it or not you make friends through the cup and you talk about/play/do things with them that aren't always directly cup related. It's just something you have to deal with, even though I'd rather there be a clearer line between "Cup things where the person doing them is irrelevant", and "Things with friends that aren't the cup".

Being a little delusional if you don't think this thread is a perfect microcosm for Veeky Forums, though. I don't think there's a single thread on this board where more than 25% of the posts are game-relevant.

>I don't do the things that I associate with making it worse
And those are?

Why is it that I feel like needing to take a shit every time it's chilly?

>I stopped cold turkey
>let it die
>still here whining

Is it time, brothers?

*walks away from the winter 18 cup*

I'm not saying you're wrong about Veeky Forums. I'm saying we could do better, but choose not to.

>talking about the cup is the same thing as participating in it
I see you have an inflated sense of importance.

>I don't like the cup and don't want to see it anymore
>so I'm going to spend my free time in the the thread about the cup talking about the cup

>go on a weekend trip with my family
>come back
>/pol/ actually won something
wew
lad

I feel like you're focusing on the fact that he did the "You nerds should focus on REAL LIFE and GETTING LAID like COOL GUY ME" thing, and not the substance of his argument. Yeah, coming in here to tell us how much better off he is than us is a little cringeworthy, but he does make some good points. It just seems like a cop out to completely ignore them.

>all 99s /pol/ final boss conceded first
Seems about right

I'm not saying I'm better than anyone. I have like two "friends" in real life but I never see them. I said up front that I saw myself doing the behavior that was destroying the cup and that's why I bailed. Be the change you want to see in the world and all that. I admitted I was part of the problem, not a cool guy who's better than anyone.

I don't expect anyone to engage with the substance of what I said. If there was a willingness to do that, the cup would already either be dead or radically different.

I know all too well how hard it is to let go. I go weeks without checking in here and just happened to check in today. Eventually, hopefully, I'll stop for good.

your wife and kid don't count as friends PMB

>not "your wife and her kid"
What a missed opportunity.

I was just talking about the fact that /pol/ won the /pol/ league, not the final boss, but that works too.

>bent only has two IRL friends
No wonder he clings to Tony so hard

>in lieu of making real friends in the real world.

Nice projection

not an argument

less than 50 posts in and this thread is already shit

Do you know where you are?

>page 9

Have my two cents.
In my opinion the Cup has become too much of a "serious business", unironically an e-sport. There are rules upon rules for something which at the start never dreamed about being fair.
The point of the Cup, as far as I got it, was to watch wacky football with memes, not to make it this amazing competition, all professional and shiny. Now it feels overproduced and overly competitive. I don't know when this changed, if it was managers or whatnot, but I think the Cup died the moment it started to be taken seriously, like a serious tournament where doing well actually matters something.
Maybe it's because people care too much about it, maybe they latched onto it, but in doing this it feels like they forgot what this is. It's a competition between Veeky Forums boards. Some autism is to be expected, sure, but also some level of self awareness. It's a dumb thing really, and its really weird to see it getting turned into anything other than that.
The Cup also drew more people in over time, so of course it turned into a "community", for lack of a better term. And some people became closer, but I really don't think there's anything wrong with that per se. It's when this closeness turns from "let's do things together" to "let's do things together and pretend they are relevant to the Cup because we're "Cup people"" that it goes wrong.

>In my opinion the Cup has become too much of a "serious business", unironically an e-sport.
This. Literally remove managers. 48 teams. How this hasn't been done 4 years ago is a huge mystery.

Also, to give you some of the hottest hot takes: Pick x people (honestly given how this will be done you might as well dump this all on Durgen) who will prepare 32 tictacs per Cup complete with pastebins, trying to make some fun meme-y stuff with good variety , and RANDOMLY distribute them to teams. For Babbies make 16 more sane setups and randomly distribute them to teams which didn't promote for the last Elite to give them a better chance this time.
I can already see esports fags get assmad about this.

I would absolutely love this

t. big market manager

>I think the Cup died the moment it started to be taken seriously, like a serious tournament where doing well actually matters something.
This. It died the moment someone started calling the loser shit because it didn't win a RNG slot machine.

I've been saying this for months, it makes me smile to see other people saying the same thing.

Enjoy your 800 viewers elite finals when two no-market teams land on good tactics.

Why not make it 32 sets of the same tactics and place everything in the hands of RNGesus?

Because the second you assign different tactics at random, you'll get fans of various boards claiming it was rigged against them.

If all those viewers were in for the E S P O R T S, the cup was never for them in the first place.

The viewers are in to see their board play.

Then fuck them. The first cup had 16 boards in it and people still watched it. The point was seeing boards play against each other, not cheering for your specific board in a serious competition. Blowing up the cup with teams and managers and everything else killed it in spirit. Now the people who attached themselves to the corpse are beating it to death even more.

Kill yourself, you self-important scum.

>the amount of viewers matters
The goal is not to be the biggest stream on smashcast, the goal is to have fun user

holy fucking shit dude

No, you meant to direct that at circlejerking managers.

Seems like a couple thousand people are still enjoying this corpse. Thanks for letting us know we're having fun the wrong way.

fuck managers our own new cup when

You want to get it to the point where you're having fun in solitude.

CA NA DA FAG

when's the /pol/eague gonna be in the video archive? I'd really like to get the recordings.

THIRTY
SIX
It's on comfy.

Remove Managers
Remove Viewers
No Tactics
Germanbro Only
Final Destination

That won't happen for a while. Even with the quoted 800 people which might be generous the cup would live on for quite a while. And by the time everyone's interest dies out and it's just a handful left it's time to let the cup die

And removing the esports from the cup will give every board equal chances of seeing their team play.

I'm not taking you for commentating!

Each board deserves chances proportional to their interest in the cup.

lmao just play the fucking game man. if you asked people that weren't tictac nerds what part of the cup they hated most they'd say the goofy menu simulator bullshit. nobody cares about that beyond the kind of people that would post here offseason, but they're all the ones talking in the echo chamber and nobody ever gets other opinions. it's why so many people here are lashing out.

say what you want about rigtor but in the last couple of months he's realized that his autism is better served learning to make stuff the average cup viewer cares about, instead of making people think he's some boogeyman puppetmaster.

Good thing we're polling viewers' interest now, then. Randomized tictacs with MINOR stat changes for slower boards (no more than like -4 or -5 to stats).

If we go as far as -10 I'm ok with it.

>"The cup should cater to me and my manager friends so we can play with each other and have boards cheer for us"
>calls someone else self-important
user, I...

Which you can do with polls, either gauging interests or making team rosters, wiki autists and aesthetic fags. No need for people actually managing and testing.

That favors big market teams for no reason.

I can't tell what is a joke and what is real anymore. How does anyone think that pushing small boards aside is any good?
Do you really want another 20 stars on Veeky Forums and /mlp/?

I, for one, welcome the /mlp/ Cup.

Being big market is a good enough reason on its own.

Then you might as well call it the Big Market Cup.

>Veeky Forums
>big board
lmoa

One, Veeky Forums is not a big board. Two, there are a ton of "big markets" that have never won a cup. Three, it would go exactly the opposite of what you're saying - randomizing tactics means that the same small group of teams aren't "Perma-elite" that nobody gives a shit about.

>I can't tell what is a joke and what is real anymore.
Welcome to /4ccg/

>>"The cup should cater to me and my manager friends so we can play with each other and have boards cheer for us"
No, the cup should cater to the audience.

>Randomized tictacs with MINOR stat changes for slower boards (no more than like -4 or -5 to stats).
Enjoy the /u/-/mlp/ Summer '18 final!

And what does the audience want?

>Veeky Forums isn't a big board
Maybe not in /v/ or /pol/ league, but pretty big.

To see their board go as far as possible.

>going by threads and not posts
nice alternative facts you have there

Are you >implying /u/ is a fast board

And with randomized tictacs they'll get just as many chances of that as any other board.

>"The viewers are in to see their board play."
>"Then fuck them."
>thinks he can save his sorry ass from that bullshit
holy fucking shit dude

That's e-sports mentality. Welcome to the start of the conversation.

You can still root for /yourteam/ if it has random tactics and runs autopilot, and most likely that'll be an improvement for most teams' chances in the elites. If anything, it'd make the streams more enjoyable when all the tedious tactical stuff pre- and mid-game could be skipped.

Sounds like you're defending the people who only watch their team's games. You are the cancer, my man.

>Are you >implying /u/ is a fast board
not at all, I'm >implying /u/ wouldn't get nerfed because of their board interest and aesthetics although to be fair if you left a group like current /merit/ in charge of deciding which teams get hit hardest by nerfs /u/ would probably be on all 40s and running 2-4-4, ditto /mlp/, /pol/, /a/, and whichever teams last beat the wallpaper teams

>it'd make the streams more enjoyable when all the tedious tactical stuff pre- and mid-game could be skipped.
This. It'd also reduce, if not remove the chances of either team being accidentally rigged.

The vast majority of people are there to only watch their team's games. You're in the minority.