/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>I was only pretending to be corrupted by the Abyss!
>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Reminder that this is a RED general, whites, yellows and blues are not welcome.

Purples can stay

My friend is gonna be goin through ds1 again. He and I havent played it in a while though I am much more experienced than him. He's gonna use dex and pyromancies, my other friend was going to be a tanky healer, so I figure I will role a mage. Ive only beaten the game once as a wiz woz, but I was only sl30 using the oolacyle catalyst, gmw and power within. Whats some fun shit I can do with int? Was thinking of making a mlgs knight with minimum attunement.

PCFCBF

Literally git fucking gud

Where?

You can get dark bead, affinity, and crystal soul spears.

Ds1 magic is very powerful but the worst for sustain. You run out of magic very very quickly compared to casting in ds3 and ds2 especially.

:(

Keep at it, user, you'll make it in the end.

>Overlevelled for Lost Sinner in Ng (because ds2 starts off non-linear) and beat her in 15 seconds
>Get to Ng+
>"Cool this time i'll be able to appreciate the boss and learn her moveset"
>2 red adds drop in turning the fight into yet another kiting memeathon instead of the intended intense 1v1 duel in the dark

I'm all for changes to Ng+ cycles but it's like they had a fundamental misunderstanding for it.

>git gud
>I'm so good as I walk into a fight and cast while nobody is paying attention to me
>so gud

>Get invaded by some sonic speed red
>Has a shitload of stamina and starts wailing in to me
>Start rolling and drop guard for stamina boost
>Throw out some firebombs at certain moment to fuck him up and start hitting back
>At half health he switches to a whip
>Starts flaying me and I have a sliver of health left
>Take him down down with 5 successive Claymore hits
>Use 'Point Down' emote

I can fight 2v1s, I have like 400 tongues from invading, but it forces me into using ultras that can make phantoms back off.

I don't want to use ultras. I want to use fun weapons.

>with full melee this shit is a nightmare
Equip heavy exile curved sword
bap him on the nose
watch him fall down
some ultras just have shit movesets for his hitbox

Then use them in the arena, git gud with them, or stop crying about not being able to win with your favorite weapon.

Learn to adapt. You think I mastered casting magic because it was optimal? No. I wanted to win with it and I learned how to.

Git gud and stop whinning and start winning

What weapons do you want to use in invasions that are 'fun'? Because almost anything fast should be viable in invasions unless you're using like a Soldering Iron or something.

All right looking for help please. First time doing ashes dlc I am in ng3 at snowy mountain pass I have been here for over an hour by thus point. Could any one please help? Will use any password

M8 that webm was you one shotting a bunch of novig scrubs

I have literally done that exact thing with my borthammer before

Don't, for fucks sake

This exact conversation has happened before. It's a troll.

I want to use a corvian scythe.

That's one of the less optimal weapons in an invasion setting but it's possible if you space super well and make use of Corvian's long range to chip hosts and phantoms health out over time.

>implying soldering iron isn't the best weapon in the game

Hopping on my Sega Genesis.

What?

Sorry, getting on my Commodore 64 right now.

Please I just want to get past this. I'm stuck by a stag knight and an archer on a tight mountain ledge

Believe me, I've tried, but it's just not viable. It only works against the absolute worst of the worst. 1v1 I win most of the time, but it just has no ability to keep phantoms off you.

What platform are you on?

I'm completely stuck on Yhorm the Giant.
He has like 50k hp and nothing I'm doing is even chipping his health. Is there something I have to do that I'll never figure out on my own or should I just try to find somewhere else to go in the meantime?

You know that item that's sitting right by his throne? Go get it.
And finish Siegward's questline while you're at it.

Pick up the storm ruler or just let Siegward murder his ass

It's not that hard to work out

There's something you can do to make the fight ridiculously easy, two things infact, one of which you'll be able to find out with a little explore of the boss room

If you're not up for that, try saving the friendly soup maker

Are you trying to kill him without Stormcaller or went full retard?

You can literally kill him in like 5-6 attacks. He's one of the worst bosses in the entire series.

Try going to the back of the room and looking around.

So close, yet so far away. I am gonna have to finish the game again to get Gwyn's soul for the greatsword. Chaos blade and pyromancy is about to be done once I kill BoC.

Ps4

He can't, once you enter Yhorm's fog, the questline can't be finished.

I never noticed that, I'll try it when im back home. thanks. I haven't seen siegward since the undead settlement.

Well, as pointed out, you're screwed in the way of Siegward. Go to the end of the room and use what you find. It's as much of a gimmick fight as Wolnir.

I dont know why from has a hard-on for reds in that game. They're stupid infinite-stamina sponges that never fucking die and hit as hard and frequently as a regular player. It was beyond me why from added in even more when they made scholar of the first shekel edition.

Then you missed his questline

His second encounter is at Cathedral of the Deep, third is at Irithyll. If you failed to save him, chances are you also failed to save Greirat.

Unless Patches still has the armor, of course

I appreciate it. for next time though, what did I miss for siegward on the way there? I saw him in the undead settlement, killed a thing with him, and then never saw him again

After the Deacons fight, he's in the well right outside the Cleansing Chapel. Buy his armor from Patches and throw it down to him.

There's a well outside of the Cathedral, if you met Patches there, Seigward can be found in it.

>tfw first playthrough and I also already went to Yhorm

Why does the game punish you so much for doing things "out of order?"

It's one of the more shit aspects of the Soulslike genre.

Like, okay, reward exploration, but some of this stuff is just straight obtuse.

DS1 was fine, though. Everything was pretty self-contained and developed organically.

I feel like I NEED a wiki to even play through the quests in DS3.

It doesnt matter if i make them look bad because you're seeing the fights from my perspective and I'm going to make almost EVERYONE look like total novices.

Maybe ill only show myself killing people with gold stickers next to their name as if thats some kind of proof and determines if a player is good or not

>hint gold stars do NOT matter since there is no MMR in this game and everyone looks bad when getting rekt by me

>saving solaire
>siegmeyer questline
>entering the DLC
>fine

Shitter

I'm sorry /dsg/, I've tried so many times but I literally cannot enjoy DaS2. I can only have a semblance of fun once I hack in gear and souls and make an OP ~SL400 "build" to run through the game relatively quickly. Even then, though, it just feels like such a slog.

Come back to DaS, we're waiting for you in the good game of the series, friend :)

>If I play the game in a way to remove all challenge and gameplay depth the gameplay becomes dull and uninteresting.
Alright then.

>182264672
The Cringe is so strong in your ultra virgin webms that you dont deserve a you

Nothing new, Dark Souls 2 is like a PS2 game
Not even a good one

Saving Solaire isn't supposed to be simple or easy.

Siegmeyer, yeah, the order of his events is strange.

It's the Crown of Dusk more than anything, if I ever see anyone wearing that, I just can't take them seriously. It's a major red flag.
It is simple, just dump all your humanity into the Fair Lady and he's okay.

That black knight who hangs by the bridge in Demon Ruins

He is my greatest ally as an invader

He didn't get rekt by you. He got rekt by the environment and his own stupidity.

>the class which starts with the highest faith stat also starts with the lowest intelligence stat
damn... that is powerful

>saving Solaire isn't supposed to be simple or easy

And you can't apply that excuse to other quests because?

Oh in order to find sieglinde and papa in need to fucking head to a secret area that is completely fucking missable on a 1st play through
In order to save Solaire I need to join a demon chaos covenant and access a short cut after givin said covenant 30 humanity.
In order to acces abyss dlc I need to head to a complete optional bottom of the woods area and kill a hydra, reload the said fucking place just a "gold" golem can spawn a princess who's also a "memory". Then after getting a lord vessel I must specifically head to the grand archives(1st time players who don't go here have no idea) and kill a golem there and get a pendant. Then I have to hear back to optional bottom of darkroot to acces a time portal that I would have never had guessed, even the pendant doesn't offer a fucking clue.

It's not retarded to have faith when there's actual fucking magic and gods behind it.

Because saving Solaire is not the intended end to his quest, and in the end, it is a far crueler fate.

Not in 2, the Bandit class had the lowest Int at a whopping 1. You can't even speak to Straid under those circumstances.

Why is the Darkmoon Bow so bad?

It's a "canon" ending, but it's not exactly as fitting for the tone of the game to have him survive.

Though you could say it is crueler I guess, like

>souls 1 is more simple with quest guys XD
All while not opening a guide mind you...

Yes but it was my tactical genius that led him there.

You're only seeing a small piece of the fight and have no idea how far or how long the fight went. Only seeing the death blow you can't truly appreciate my tactical genius or clever evasion.

Wait, which ending are you considering crueler? The one where he finds a Sunlight Maggot and loses it, or the one where he presumably goes on to Link the Fire in his own time?

It's a bow and has split dmg

Is this your definition of trolling?

You're not being funny.

Yeah, Crown of Dusk is a pretty huge warning sign that whoever you're fighting is a shitter who can't win unles he can punish any mistake with an OHKO

I don't think it's cruel to help him survive, I'm just saying it's arguable.

Are you even trying anymore? I mean, my god

If we apply that logic, then Greirat dying in Irithyll, Anri dying and Siegward getting trapped in a well are perfectly fine.

Something something radio interviews, Miazaky considers the sunlight maggot path the "good end", death of the author and so on, mostly it's accepted to be by far the worse of the options. A dude whos quest in life is to find a purpose in life/a really important object, is given with the choice of
>go mad and star at a flashlight in front of your face
>save the world and the lives of every human in it
Edgy people go "Well it's not like it mattered because of the sequals so instead of doing something he should have just become a NEET basement dweller that lives with bugs and is distracted by bright lights"

Is it irrational to not want to pick up an item that an invader drops? Would i regret it?

You ran towards enemies, and he followed you, alone while using a slow weapon, then panic rolled like a 'tard.

That loss was all on him.

In one ending, he finds his sun before you put him down. In the other, he literally burns himself alive for an age. Finding his sun is the better end for him.

the first two ARE fine. Siegward is kinda retarded because 1) the quest breaks if you go fight yhorm and 2) it's completely possible to not meet Patches

It's abominable. It has split physical and magic damage and low variants of both. It's a bow so it's already in a bad place and it doesn't have the Composite Bow moveset so you're chances of actually hitting someone in PvP with it are even lower than normal. Even on a 60 INT/DEX build it will barely do any damage to most players, it's just unbelievably awful.

Why is this ring so underrated? The +3 version is the bees knees.

It's a good PVE ring.

It does practically nothing in PvP, but it has it's niche in PvE.

I was hosting a fightclub last night and an invader dropped 16 embers for me.

Because the prevailing mentality for PvE is "you should never get hit in the first place unless your SHIT, and I'm GREAT so I don't need this ring!"
It doesn't actually do shit in PvP

>coming back to Bloodborne after not having played for more than a year, only having played DaS3 ever since
>mfw trying to kill ludwig in ng+ right now

You're only seeing what you want to see. If he links the fire, he follows through with the will of Gwyn, which is essentially his duty as a Warrior of Sunlight. Sitting and playing with some funny bugs, more or less doing nothing, is essentially the exact opposite of his duty to his covenant.

Second phase is piss easy. You'll get him today, mark my post user.

>Only seeing the death blow you can't truly appreciate my tactical genius or clever evasion.

>i can't take optimal min max builds seriously. Why can't everyone use sub optimal builds and gear like me?

Brah I'm not using ring of steel protection and blue tears stone just so some nerd on the internet will feel better about his social anxiety

Dark Souls 3 has really great enemy variety.

Gael > that weird dickface

>You're only seeing what you want to see
>the will of Gwyn, which is essentially his duty as a Warrior of Sunlight

The irony. LOL.

I'll get you user, and I'll make it look like a bloody accident!

>182267260
What a sad sub human
You make this pictures just for bait
Get some life loser lmao

how is this bait, these enemies are all different

How is it bait? I'm literally just complimenting the game.

He's been doing this since last month. He's a sad sub-human that's mad that /bbg/ bullied him, just ignore him please.