Okay, what are the basic concept of electric cars? How easy are they to work on...

Okay, what are the basic concept of electric cars? How easy are they to work on? I am thinking about opening an electrical car repair shop in my area that specializes in all electric vehicles.

Tessa does not allow outside repairs.

They need far less maintenance because they don't have nearly as many moving parts as ICE dinosaurs

Also

For people who buy used Tesla's

There will be a huge market for electrical used cars this time next decade

The only special EV specific parts in an EV are the drivetrain and battery. Everything else is just a regular car. And guess what, EV drivetrains and batteries are bulletproof and impossible to repair, respectively.

If you want to open a cool EV shop, do EV conversions. Otherwise you’d just be a regular shop with super low traffic

>repairing an electric vehicle

Considering what the other dude said that only Tesla is allowed to due official repairs, nobody would want to touch it regardless who isn't a electric engineer. Just like the Prius it's going to be a use and throw away vehicle. You should see how many priuses fill up junkyards.

As someone who frequents the junkyard, i approve of this statement

>used Tesla's
Doesn't matter, the licensing agreement means that anyone trying to repair one indemnifies Tesla forever (for that car). Why would you want to assume that kind of liability?

if you replace the motor and battery, don't you have an upgraded ev? aside from things like brake pds, what else is a part that wears?

nothing. Maybe wipers and the cooling system

>How easy are they to work on?
Tesla won't allow you to repair your car yourself, and doesn't sell licences or partnerships to independent shops.
BMW purposefuly designs its electrics so they cannot be opened by one person without breaking them (thus revoking the warranty terms) and use nothing but proprietary systems so they can only be worked on in BMW shops or affiliates.
They do not want you to specialize in repairing their stuff. EVs are the excuse carmakers were waiting so they can go full Apple and simply not let anyone but themselves repair their stuff.
If you thought Mercs were bad, just you wait.

>How easy are they to work on?
The only thing more difficult to understand than an electric car is how women think.
If you can be a women mechanic you can fix anything.

>If you can be a women mechanic you can complain about equality, make the work environment toxic, shame every man with whom you work for being born male, and get as much work done as an untrained oil change jockey.

Fix'd

Just get licensed to fix one. Probably need a master's in CS though

learn what an electromagnet is if you can understand that then learn about ac and dc circuits then learn about pulling wire then learn about battery technology

get ready to get replaced by way smarter people who are not straight white maels

Tesla will hate you and do anything in their power to shit you down.

>how do you fix electric cars?
>I'm going to open a shop
Great start to your business plan

Incorrect

Incorrect

Completely incorrect

Incorrect

Incorrect

Depends what you replace them with

Incorrect

Incorrect

Incorrect

Not really

Incorrect

Glad I could be of help

Shut up retard

you're a fucking asshole just thought I'd let you know. Smugness is so petty; you probably think you're so better than everyone mmhm? At least provide actual advice fuckface

>you probably think you're so better than everyone mmhm?
Nope, just a guy who fixes electric cars and doesn't spout nonsense on the internet. My advice if you are interested in learning how to fix electric cars is become a tech for a brand that produces electric cars.

>ex-tesla douchebag

Explains everything

They're literally life size RC cars with a wheel and pedals for controls. The proprietary software and controller hardware are going to be an issue. You better be damn good at electricity because you don't want to be fucking around with high voltage and current DC. You also don't want to make 3000lbs of battery pack angry.

The fact that you are on an Indonesian basket weaving forum asking for business advice proves that you are not suited whatsoever for such an endeavor and you should consider a fatal does of cyanide.

oh fuck pajeet

You violated the NDA I'm telling Elon