0 to 60 is dumb

0 to 100 makes a lot more sense

Why is the metric system so much better?

as an american i always feel embarassed when i talk to my european car enthusiasts friends

i also have to admit that i always thought european cars are almost twice as fast cause i didnt know shit about the metric meme

now that i do however ... i can see clearly and it makes sooo much sense compared to our retarded american burger system

Other urls found in this thread:

heritage.org/index/ranking
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>as an american i always feel embarassed when i talk to my european car enthusiasts friends
Why do you care what they think?

You're an American dammit. Use metric if that's what YOU like, not because it's what some judgemental European pricks think you should use.

0-60 is irrelevant for actual speed measurements, 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2 mile and even full mile are far better measurements

If the Metric system is so great why do we still measure time in 60 seconds to a minute, 60 minutes to an hour, and 24 hours to a day?

>Euros BTFO'd

This thread is going to have lots of productive discussion.

Kek

You're just pissed you can't do it in 1.9 seconds.

usa eternally btfo

>virgin euros only able to comprehend units of measurement in fractions of 10's

>Chad USA able to do complex math in their head on the fly and easily convert numbers back and forth using multiplication and division

What does that have to do with anything?

>mpg

why not just Liter per 100km

What does miles per gallon even mean? how much is a fucking gallon?

stupid americans

>how much is a fucking gallon?
its 3.75 liters. When gas is as cheap as it is in the united states.. a liter is almost to small to measure anything.

>What does miles per gallon even mean?

>Americans not realizing that metric is standardized world wide, imperial isn't
>please tell me, how much is a kilometer in the miles used in the Netherlands, i.e. the Hollandic mile, the geographical mile, the metric mile and all other local variations?
>Or even better, if I say a measurement is 3 feet, do I mean Amsterdam feet, Frieze feet or Rijnlandse feet?
Don't even get me started on how many different definitions of mile, feet and pound there are throughout Europe. Meters and kilograms were the same until Napoleon standardized them.

Most homebuilt 9s drag cars will do that on a strip.

>its 3.75 liters
Depends what part of the world is interpreting that "gallon".
>When gas is as cheap as it is in the united states.. a liter is almost to small to measure anything.
>can't count past 15
Lol. I've highlighted the countries still clinging to imperial measurements.

No one gives a shit faggot USA is the only relevant country

POUND FEET OF TORQUE

lmaooooo

This is so fucking meaningless ... Americans are hilarious

>USA is the only relevant country
>along with Burma and Liberia
heh

Left hand side, used by the only country to set foot on a celestial body

Right hand side used by everyone else

60 is the national speed limit.

>television set is a celestial body

>muh conspiracy theories

Everyone gave enough a shit to make the sea mile and knot into the international standard for distances and speed on sea and in the air

>All conspiracy theories are completely ridiculous! I know because Schlomo told me!

You're free to believe anything you want... Just not as free as Lithuania.
heritage.org/index/ranking

lol look at this europoor soyboy wanting his measurements to be simple and accurate.

>unironically sharing units of measure with Liberia

Because babylonians had a six number number system. They didn't have ten numbers

As usual here op is a faggot.

If you can't handle both, just stop and consider your life choices. They are both measuring the same shit dickhead.

>Why don't other nations fake a moon landing or mars landing, especially considering the audio/visual equipment today is vastly superior to that of the 60's
>Why don't other nations make a convincing recreation of the faked moon landing using the AV equipment that was available during the 60's. This would be a huge embarrassment to the U.S.
>The U.S. left special Retroreflectors on the moon to bounce lasers at back to earth. Why wouldn't the Soviets, during the height of the cold war, easily disprove this?
>How was a signal generated from the moon during the broadcast if the moon landings were fake?

>This triggers the Ivan's and Zaho's on Veeky Forums

>i also have to admit that i always thought european cars are almost twice as fast cause i didnt know shit about the metric meme
Murikan pubic skools, erybodies!

I wasn't talking specifically about the moon landing. I was talking about conspiracy theories as a whole.

0-60mph really is dumb, it is only 96.5km/h

>>Americans not realizing that metric is standardized world wide, imperial isn't
We know. We just don't care.

The majority of SAE is based on common fractions being easy to manipulate. Also dates should be written year/month/day so they're correctly sort able without some voodoo in there.

Parts of the UK use an SAE/Metric Frankenstein thing, where everything is officially in Metric but common things are really known by their SAE.

0-60 was a useful metric when buying a car in the 40s through 70s when the highway speefs were about 60. It was used to tell you how fast it would take for a car to get to freeway speeds. Now it should be 0-80 mph (eurocucks btfo)

>basing your temperature off of the freezing point of water
?

yeah? well what would you suggest? base it off when it's the most satisfying to drink or some dumb shit like that?

>when i talk to my european car enthusiasts
Those don't exist.

Because 100mph is 160km/h you stupid American fuck.

but nasa uses the metric system don't they?

Actually, it makes more sense than metric.

There are 60 minutes in an hour.
Speed is measured in distance covered in an hour.
At 60 (your choice of measurement) per hour, you are going precisely one (your unit of choice) per minute.

We don’t have metric time.
So fuck you.
0-60 is an excellent measurement until we get time based on sets of ten.

Caring what europeans think was your first problem.
Givin that i can at least say car manufacturers could try to stick to one or the other. muh chevy seems to have randomly chosen heads for different things.

Great, but I know that to travel 450km it'll roughly take me 4 and a half hours, which is much more useful.

did you copy this map from /pol/'s map of where people arent constantly being raped by refugees?

GOOD FUCKING CHRIST THE LOT OF YOU
IF YOU WANT EVERY THREAD TO TURN TO THIS SHIT HOW ABOUT YOU FUCK OFF TO /int/
THIS IS THE CAR BOARD
YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES