What can they do to scam me? It seems "she" just wants my PayPal email and phone number

What can they do to scam me? It seems "she" just wants my PayPal email and phone number

Other urls found in this thread:

item.mercari.com/gl/m54698120034/
item.mercari.com/gl/m87620078564/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nothing, no worries matey
except for that PayPal is a damn fucking botnet that steals your credit card info

Won't do her much good then since I'm broke

>send money on GoyPal
>gets car signed over
>cancel transfer
>keep money and car
PayPal not even once.

She texted me:

Hey Mark I am so sorry for the late response. I have been so busy at work. I am just about to make the payment and i just want to inform you that i will be sending you $2,500 for the vehicle and extra $800 for the pick up agent. I will also send you $50 for the western union charges. Though,i know their charges is not up to that but i just want to do that...So you will be Helping me send$800 down to the agent via Western Union Money Transfer for the pick up fee immediately payment is verify and confirm from paypal. So, i will be sending you the total sum of $3,350. I hope this will be ok by you

With PayPal they can scam you by doing a charge back and get all their money back

>sends you money through PayPal
>a thug comes and signs the title, takes the car
>the money is immediately charged back to their account
>they just got a free car
>you just got a new asshole

What if I deposit the money before I give them the car

PayPal will take it back

Fuck nevermind then

The only way I'd go through paypal is if you got proof of everything so that if they tried canceling you could report is for scamming. You'd have to take pictures of signing over the title, bill of sale and everything though, so it's still much better just using cash hand to hand.

PayPal will still fuck you over

If the word "Paypal" occurs in the text, then it is a scam.

Just request cash.

If dubs OP sends death threats for shits and giggles

She's not in san diego right now

A guy I used to work with fell for one of these scams.

He found a Harley on Craigslist he liked that was somewhere across the country. The seller asked for him to scan prepaid debit cards with the PIN scratched off as payment, and the guy actually did it. Since they knew they had someone on the hook, they got another $1k out of him as a "refundable insurance deposit" by claiming the bike was on the truck to be shipped out, and he was holding everyone up by being the last transported vehicle to pay.

He told me this on a Friday morning, which happened to be bonus day. He intended to use his bonus to pay for the bike, and mentioned it was odd the bonus wasn't deposited yet. Turns out he didn't get one, because he was fired later that morning, right after I told him the bike was a scam.

Im too sketched out about these kinda deals to ever buy a vehicle from the internet.
Every car Ive ever bought was with cash from someone I knew personally.

Basically they try to get you to give them money then they give you fake details or fake information and make off with your money. Theres very little you can do about it if you get suckered into it

Is that the Mercari app?

don't know why people attempt to sell cars on there

item.mercari.com/gl/m54698120034/

item.mercari.com/gl/m87620078564/

Letgo

Holy fuck dude I'm dying of laughter rn

>boomers

op are you retarded? cash only when buying / selling cars.

>Harley Riding boomers

cash only

Oh... Kay ;_;

>MFW boomershits get scammed

unless you're dealing with elderly white people

why would you sell a car for anything but cash ?? of course its a fucking scam

>Selling a bike: GS500 with scratched up fairings for 1400
>nignog comes by my work(rode bike to work and had him meet me there)
>asks if i'll close up my shop and follow him 4 towns over to his credit union so he can finance a 1400 dollar bike
Bro, if 1400 is too much money for you, don't buy a fucking bike. Especially some shitted up beginner bike for fat fucks.

Eventually sold the bike to some squid wop who thought it was a busa and had so much fucking oil on his forehead the neocons in washington want to invade his receding hairline.

>take money for the car and whatever
>take money out of PayPal and into bitcoin
>they do a charge back
>the money isn't there
>cash out bitcoin into your bank or whatever
Wewlad.

then paypal puts a negative balance on your account and you get in major deep shit

Fuck them

>make PayPal account with fake information
Wow.
Much care.

I already have one with fake info for transferring money to and from to hide personal information. You can accept a transfer, and buy, all with fake info

>make PayPal account with fake information
yeah i can see how a preteen might think that'll work

Unless they have changed it in the last year or so, you can.
It will eventually get limited, but doesn't affect transfers.

>paypal account goes into debt for possibly thousands of dollars
>paypal: ah fuck it shit happens lol we'll just forget about it

Glad to see you've never used PayPal

Glad to see you've had no problems using it to pay your gigolos.

What are they going to do?
You make the account at a public library, get the scammed to transfer it, then buy bitcoin.
What in rate process gets them your info?
PayPal would only take a loss because they would give money to the scammer. That's their problem

100% scam

Not only do they get the car at that point, and all of the $3350 back from Paypal, but the 800 bucks OP transferred via WU to the "pick up agent" is gone for good too.

>No no my friend is no scam
>I am legitimate business man

..and even if they don't get the car and just cancel the pick up after the WU transfer OP will still be down 800 bucks.

Then wait until she is. Never take anything other than cash.