Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

...Anonymous Archived
/ARMS/ - ARMS General
07/10/17(Mon)14:27:45 No.182264216
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>NEWS
- Max Brass is scheduled to be released this thursday, along with his stage (Sky Arena) and Version 2!
youtube.com/watch?v=5GWR46a-XAs [Open]
gonintendo.com/stories/284847-arms-max-brass-overview-signature-weapons
-Version 2 also comes with a new item/game mode, statistic tracking and balance changes.
gonintendo.com/stories/284805-nintendo-teasing-new-item-for-arms
gonintendo.com/stories/284810-arms-wednesday-update-adds-max-brass-new-record-keeping-data

-Scheduled maintenance for the Version 2 update:
Europe: July 12th (2.50AM to 4.30AM)
UK: July 12th (1.50AM to 3.30AM)
North America (EST): July 11th (8.50PM to 10.30PM)
North America (PST): July 11th (5.50PM to 7.30PM)
Japan: July 12th (9.50AM to 11.30M)

- Version 1.1 is currently out.
support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/34521
-LAN mode added. While pressing the left stick, press L+R on the main menu to switch to LAN mode
-Arena mode, basically like ranked mode, supports spectators
-Kid Cobra & Byte & Barq fixes for the snakeboards
-Fix for Ribbon Ring where some arms didn't properly hit the boxes
-Text fix for the story mode

>Lists of /ARMS/ friend codes:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vORCZhZnw3y8KFWHBZxjc27nc9HDvQGPAtuQ0bqC4d8/edit?usp=sharing
Survey to add your own:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLllf7MIurfVBnVEtZ0E1ZIEyRmvxXDxxzRrW12AGpT4dBHQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Official ARMS japanese twitter
twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YdeAGcrkO_Q
mynintendonews.com/2017/07/11/the-arms-2-0-update-which-goes-live-tomorrow-will-include-hedlok-mode/
nintendoeverything.com/arms-producer-on-original-prototype-most-popular-characters-modes-update-tease-sequel-interest-more/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The pokefags spamming their trash on Veeky Forums, deleting basically every general, before anyone asks

Hiro needs to ban those furfags

I fucked up the OP trying to rush this shit back. The fuck is the spamming?

Ded

make a thread that isn't fucked up when things calm down, OP

>Just unlocked Ranked Mode.
>Completely fucking dead.
I've been sitting on the Main Menu waiting for an opponent for the last ten minutes.
I can't rank up to get where the players are because there's no-one in the lower ranks to fight.
It's just like fucking Devil's Third.

Some things I've noticed playing with the boomerang:

>Great for breaking other people's arms
>Fast for a regular strength arm when thrown straight
>Surprisingly predictable, really only goes straight or super curved, I tried arcing it up and down and nothing
>At least with the boomerang, if you're trying to use the wind to combo, it's easiest to do it with a straight punch so they go directly up instead of flying left or right, I still haven't gotten the follow-up timing down though

Does anybody know how to properly utilize the wind element? I can't combo on it worth shit

Blorbs respond really well to the way you curve their arms in pretty much any direction. Up, down, left, right. Even with grabs, though the movement is obviously bouncy, it's actually very responsive.

Does anybody have info on how Barq AI works?

if the perpetrator is who I'm thinking of, then /vp/ hates them just as much. It's a single autist skiddie with a botnet

youtube.com/watch?v=YdeAGcrkO_Q

here's a pretty detailed breakdown. There's more to him than you'd think.

Not that it matters when he gets knocked down in the first 10 seconds and stays that way the rest of the fight

B&B have secrets and neat tricks out the ass

yay

>it's a Minmin runs away to charge her dragon arm, spamming dodge until she gets it episode

Springman may be honest but B&B is high IQ.

The key is to throw out your second punch at the same time

Is it better to use Cracker or Popper? I've been using popper but I don't know which does more damage.

Isn't one fire and one elec

The Popper's charge hit damage is 120, where as the Cracker is 130. Both have 70 damage when uncharged.

However, take this into consideration. The Cracker, despite its higher damage, is a Fire type. This will always lead into a knockdown when charged, so you'll have to guess where they're heading on wakeup. The Popper, however, is a Wind type. This can allow you to link into a rush combo if you have them backed into a corner. Keeping the pressure on can stack loads of damage in a single charged hit.

Popper is wind, and Cracker is fire.

>Snek Park
>The second the match starts I dash to the side
>opponent does the same
>we battle in the middle with no discs like God intended
I love that people in Party Match are such bros and this happens 9/10 times I purposely avoid the disc in Snek Park

Good call, but since I usually use the rush not out of a combo, but after dodging a punch that they can't retract, I might switch over to cracker. That said, the damage difference is not great, so who knows?

Yeah its more like an unspoken rule, but still, literal children play this so they could care less. Even in ranked.

FUCK seekies

How's your journey in ranked going?

I got rank 15 with Mechanica a few days ago

>/arms/ is already dead
I don't even play the game, but I was still hoping for the game to be popular enough to warrant a new general, like Splatoon.

I need some opinions and or stats. How fast are Blorbs compared to Megatons and what do they have going for them besides the blind element? I tried testing them out in training but couldn't really find anything else other than curving arcs being more generous on Blorbs. Anything else I'm missing?

they're a lot faster than the other heavies, have a weird arc that often catches people by surprise, and curve pretty well too.

It really seems that way, but for some reason Megatons 'feel' like they retract faster and go about the same speed. Idk if that's just my eyes playing tricks on me.

they're definitely pretty slow if they whiff and continue to bounce, so you've got to be careful. I mainly use them to counter other players' megatons.

Honestly hoping they'll add some sort of fire version of Blorbs soon.

t.Mechanica/Master Mummy main

I like to carry seekies

t. Ribbon Girl player

wind blorbs when?

>We both dash to the side
>They dash onto the beyblade moments later
I had never felt more betrayed

how 2 get good w/ mechanigga
pls respond

Hover nigga

then what

Punch.

thnks user im gonna play ranked right now

I keep playing against a rank 15 Helix who has consistently been able to perfect me while without moving. He's named Gore Magala, so he really feels like the final boss of ranked for me.

I'm stuck at rank 10 and can't break out

what is some obvious scrub shit I'm probably still doing

At least for the time being it looks like we're stuck with Snake Park in ranked

what the fuck do you do? how do the snake boards even work?

The trick is to get on on and keep moving. You can dash or jump normally, but arieal moves don't work, it's just a normal air dash and if you double jump you just jump off the snakeboard.

The thing is, it's hard to hit someone a snakeboard, and you're very manoverable on one so whoever gets knocked off first is at a huge disadvantage.

ARMS Inkling when?

I'm 11 right now, tryin to work my way up. Helix is fun to play as.

post yfw max brass drops

jesus

those THIIIIGGGHHHSSS

losing

I can't wait for 8 max brass in every party mode

it's bound to happen. just like every other game

alright, the hedlok mode has been confirmed

mynintendonews.com/2017/07/11/the-arms-2-0-update-which-goes-live-tomorrow-will-include-hedlok-mode/

"...but there is a new versus mode where in a fight between two or three players there’s a Hedlok mask players battle over, and when you get the mask your own character can turn into Hedlok,” Yabuki explained. “If one player turns into Hedlok it’ll be up to the other players to take him down. The Hedlok mode won’t just be available in one v one versus modes – it’ll be available online and in every multiplayer mode.”

also in the eurogamer article, yabuki pretty much confirms that cobra, bubbs or both are going to be nerfed in this update despite stating again that buffs are still a priority over nerfs

??? how does that work in 1v1 mode? you just stand there and get your ass beat when the other player is in hedlock mode?

how do you know they didn't nerf him by buffing everyone else?

"One thing I definitely think about, and that I'm not a fan of, is when it's possible to win using one technique over and over again, repeating the same thing and winning like that. That's something, in terms of the game balance, that we're thinking about and trying to adjust it so that's not possible."

Maybe that's an allusion to the grab-spamming that's encountered at lower levels of ranked play, but it also pertains to specific instances such as Ribbon Girl being able to keep airborne on one particular stage and Kid Cobra's ability to repeatedly jump and punch his way to victory. "We don't want to completely stop him from doing that," said Yabuki, "but adjusting the balance so it's not quite so powerful."

Speaking to that last point, Kid Cobra might not quite so prevalent amongst the upper tiers of Arms play after the update (browsing the top-ranked Japanese players shows that the character, alongside the Bubb arms, is suspiciously popular).

"After the update, that will probably change. I'd like to create an environment where one particular technique or one character with a certain combination of Arms isn't too dominant, and that everyone can enjoy the game using a wide variety of characters and techniques."

hmm. alright. you're right. they're nerfing him. I assume most characters will be nerfed eventually though

So the update is today right? But maintenance as well?
I guess we'll at least be able to do max brass's grand Prix since it's offline.

Presumably it's today

well the hedlok item has a timer on it

Why are there so many grab locking bastards in ranked? With how much damage grabs do, I can't believe grab locking is a thing. Most irritating thing I've run into in the game.

Is there anyway to defend? Should I not roll when I get up and just immediately punch?

You can always jump.

>Kid Cobra nerds confirmed
>"I'm sure people will start using Kid Cobra way less after this first patch"
Finally, now shitters will get away from my husband

Fuck *nerfs

>mynintendonews.com/2017/07/11/the-arms-2-0-update-which-goes-live-tomorrow-will-include-hedlok-mode/
>“One thing with a balance update – if you say we’ve nerfed this character, fans of that character won’t be happy about it! That’s something we’re aware of, and with this update the balance adjustments are done in a way not to make any character less good than they are at the moment.”
I know people say it's a nerf because of the other article, but according to this one it seems more like an adjustment to everyone to me.

nintendoeverything.com/arms-producer-on-original-prototype-most-popular-characters-modes-update-tease-sequel-interest-more/

Something new is gonna happen at the final boss of the Grand Prix

RANK 11 FINALLY

It's only gonna get worse huh

Almost totally new Meta in a day though

Punching, both one handed and with both hands, counters grabs (a well timed jump or dash in an unexpected direction can help even more). If somebody is grabbing all the time, that means more opportunities to do what freely?

>Thanks to this technology, it is impossible to detect latency in the game.

Tried grand prix with a couple of characters today and it's pretty easy if you just stay close to the enemy and use fast arms.

Jelly poppers are disgusting

ded

But i main mummy

Okay, so describe your situation to me a little better. Unless you're getting pressured into the corner and grabbed repeatedly I'm struggling to see the problem here.
Mummy struggles more with his matchups than most, but that hasn't stopped me from being able to jump on reaction or wake up properly.

Generally it's if I let an opening happen and get knocked down, when I get up (rolling generally) I get grabbed immediately again.
With players that aren't super good at timing grabs unless I throw out a punch immediately, usually megaton, I get grabbed again, or knocked down again.
My arms set up is megaton, ramrams, and seekie. I just switched out revolver for seekie since I didn't use it much.

Your connection must be fucked

Also mantinence tonight

Okay, so you're getting chaingrabbed on wakeup and that shouldn't be happening, even as Mustard Mummy.
If they're going for meaty grabs (grabbing while you're in getup in hopes that it'll connect when the grab invincibility wears off) you roll immediately upon hitting the ground. This triggers a delay where the opponent's camera has to track you before they can throw another attack/grab again, so you can use that opportunity to throw punish them. Throw a straight punch with your faster arm, keeping the heavier one free to counter anything that might make it through.
If they're grabbing late or waiting on a roll, your other option is to delay your getup and punch in place. You can't be grabbed during getup and if they throw a grab afterwards, attacking will beat it out every time.
If you're doing either of these and still getting grabbed afterwards, you're most likely not reacting fast enough or either you or your opponent has high ping. Any straight punch with any arm beats a grab, so try to use your faster arm instead of Megaton if you're still having trouble.
Shoutout to you for using Mummy, though. It's a hard life.

>tfw Mummy main.

Thanks for the advice user. It's been mostly the grab after roll situation. I'll keep the straight arm throw in mind for arm equips too.

As far as using master mum, he seems awesome before the game came out, and was the first character I used. I couldn't get the hang of him when I started playing, so after I beat Grand Prix 7 with ribbon and got stuck at rank 7 with her, I switched over to mummy and shot up to high rank 9, low 10

I think one of Mummy's greatest strengths is how underestimated he is. People see the big guy and think he's a free win because of his size and lack of movement options, but I've noticed higher level Mummies are pretty good at using the heal to trick you into playing recklessly or to bait grabs.
But, as someone who loves Mechanica, I know your pain when it comes to getting grabbed in places where the rest of the cast might get away with it. Keep fighting the good fight.

>Love playing Kid Cobra, a lot more than anyone else
>Nerfs pretty much confirmed

the one time I pick a main that doesn't happen to be garbage tier

>You can't be grabbed during getup and if they throw a grab afterwards, attacking will beat it out every time.
Not true. A well timed grab will connect during the 6 frames of startup for a punch thrown on wakeup, and the grab will beat the punch. The best way to beat a grab while getting up is to jump, as it adds 10 frames of invincibility. Of course, you can roll left or right to make it harder for them to aim the grab at you.

Forgot the webm. The first grab mummy is mashing punch on wakeup, and it doesn't work. The parasol gets 4 frames into its animation before the grab connects.

You clearly didn't read the posts. My initial assumption was that he was in that exact situation and should jump, so that's the advice I gave.
Upon discovering he was having trouble jumping out of the meaty grabs, I suggested he roll first then attack. Lastly I suggested getup into punch if they weren't throwing meaty grabs like your .webm.
This is a good time to ask something, though. If an opponent curves their grab up, will it catch a wakeup jump after the invincibility ends?

is it worth doing the gp with the other characters? maining mechanica and i've done mummy gp level 4 and 5 but it's just too easy. i wonder if i should switch to lvl 7 straight away

Well,based on his replies he didn't seem to know about jumping on wakeup or why its better than punching, so I gave a better example.

But yes, an up aimed grab can catch the jump on wakeup, mostly only against Mummy and Mechanica though as the other characters have smaller bodies and jump higher. The arms that are being used affect the grab too. Arms like Tribolt, Cracker, and Parasol can't aim grabs upwards, while a double Blorb up grab will connect even on Ribbon Girl.

Webm is related to jumping and grabs as well. Grabs can be jumped on reaction, but if you jump first the grab will connect. However, you can use forward air dash as a double jump to avoid those too.

Thank you for your help and more detailed explanations, user.
You're a really cool guy.

You can curve stuff up?

you can with certain fists, the birds being the most obvious example.

Hold back when you punch/grab. How high it goes depends on the arm. Its really noticeable with Blorb, Phoenix, and Thunder Bird as they have an overhead arc when aimed upwards. Homie/Seekie have pretty good up aim too, with the glove types being the next best.

blorbs will also noticeably get lobbed up if you hold back on the stick or bounce low if you hold up.

Why did the song on the main menu change?
Does it change once you beat GP Lvl 4?

Is there a good visual cue for when Twintelle's slow down aura ends?
She's still my most difficult matchup because I'm so inconsistent at punishing her.
Any advice is welcome, desu

Not really, Twintelle's can also just end it whenever for a surprise punch/grab so it really just ends up to watching for player habits.

I'm level 11 in ranked and I never knew this

If you do gp 7 with all characters you unlock all arms for all characters.

I can't tell if you're joking but I think you're joking