Index Funds

>Good Goyim! So you want to be a rich man? Invest your savings into an Index Fund, and you can possibly retire as a millionaire after living like a peasant for the entirety of your working youth! Oy vey, don't be stingy though, make sure to share your wealth with the fund managers and save a pretty penny for the tax man! Don't worry about how much your million dollar payout is going to be when you take it out in 35 years, start planning how you're going to spend it! Perhaps you'd like to buy fine Jewellery from Rothstein & Co. Or perhaps a shopping spree and Silverschmidt's?
>As you tuck into your cold bowl of microwave Ramen watching Chad fritter his income away on driving his BMW and planning trips to Thailand with his girlfriend, just think of your bright, golden future knowing that you have 66% of your paycheck steadily outgrowing inflation where you aren't going to touch it until you need a hip replacement!

When are we going to admit that the only people who should be telling young people who want to be wealthy to invest large proportions of their pay into steady growth funds are the people who trade the funds and the people who take commission from putting them in the funds?

Other urls found in this thread:

mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What should we do instead?

bitcoin of course

options

VOO has a .05% expense ratio
Spy has a .09% expense ratio

So they're not making money off me.

I've made hundreds of thousands of dollars investing in index funds...

You've only made that money if you sell, my friend.

mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/

If you were actually saving 66% of your paycheck you'd only have to do it for 11 years before you were financially independent. I'm at roughly 60% and because I make $120k/yr in a LCOL area I'm still able to live very comfortably while doing so.

I don't know why Veeky Forums shits on working so much, it's a very safe and effective way to become wealthy.

Literal Gambling

Oh wow! Goldberg. You really showed me the light with your sarcastic post.

Saving money is stupid. I should spend every penny I get, when I get it, because planning for the future is stupid. The future is long time from now, and you won't enjoy because you'll be a stinky old man.

You need to spend! spend! spend!

What are you? A fuckin' square?

Live a life of pure hedonism, never miss a good opportunity to take drugs, and have unprotected sex with bar sluts.

>You've only made that money if you sell, my friend.

>A tree only grows if you chop it down.

Fuck off, child.

>the people who take commission from putting them in the funds?
No wonder OP is such a salty cunt: she paid someone a commission to buy an index fund. Only a special kind of retard would fall for a scam like that.

Vanguard doesn't charge commissions, and neither Schwab or Fidelity. OP confirmed for financial dunce.

why is working suddenly unacceptable
at what point in the past three millennia would I have worked less for a higher quality of life

You mean a tree only has wood if you chop it down. And he's right. You have fairy dust until you sell.

the sad truth is index fund beats like 95%+ of investors.

if you can reasonably time bull and bear cycles, you will beat 99% of investors just via index

The sad truth is that Veeky Forums and 99% of people are fucking retarded assholes who refuse to read a god damn book about investing as they would know that index funds or dividend stocks/ETFs bought using an electronic discount stock broker out performs 99.99% of assholes who you give your money too and most investments including property.

Oh and before some cunt comes and says it:
>HURRR RETAIL ESTATE!!!111

Do some fucking math asshole. Take that piece of land you own and compare it to what it could be worth in 10, 20 years.

For example, even if the property doubled you would minus that value by the total value of the mortgage including interest, minus how many years of property taxes, minus what you will have to pay in renovations, and minus a bunch of other bullshit that is included with owning a house and you will find out that your return of investment is most likely a fuck all 1-2% return rate.

This is the truth. Investors use complicated language to sound important and smart, but at the end of the day, what most people do in the financial industry, is to profit over the ignorance of the average person

>Hey, give me your money, I'll invest it for you the "best" way possible for the small fee of 2%
>Hey, trading is fun! Sign up and play the stock market lotto! Never mind the small transaction fees..
>Our professional team is worth the extra. You'll be even saving money because of our "superior" investing caliber.

The average person who doesn't care about finance probably store their earnings in a commercial bank savings account, where the money barely outgrows the inflation.

>not getting tenants to pay the mortgage

>falling for the SPY meme

After "making hundreds of thousands", it makes zero sense to use any funds, whether ETF or a mutual fund.

Just buy the individual stock of the index you are tracking and cut that ((OER)) to zero. Its so simple yet so hard for people to understand.

>relying on tenants, read: random people, for income instead of well established financial institutions and companies
>Jewing yourself to a bank for years in order to get a piece of land that may or may not be worthwhile, is completely illiquid, and that if you chose to live in, ties you that place.

renting and saving/investing > owning real estate

>renting a home instead of buying outright

stay poor my friend

yep. this is also why minimum down pmt is a meme. increase in property value will basically equal the interest you paid on the principal.

minimum 50% down pmt.

>but then ill never afford a home

exactly. there are no easy outs. markets reach equilibrium. you just have to be better.

If you can buy it without a jew mortgage, sure, go ahead, just don't expect to reinvent the wheel with your investment. Buying/selling real state involves a shit ton of fees, it's a lengthy process, and depends on you finding good tenants/buyers (also known as random people) in order to make a profit. Yeah, you can profit, but is it really worth the hassle when there are so much simpler and less risky alternatives out there??

If you are in your twenties/early 30's and single, it makes much more sense to rent an apartment and invest the money you save in the stock market. Not only do you keep your expenditures low, but you also invest your money in something lucrative instead of paying jew bankers.

>a tree only has wood if you chop it down.

No wonder Veeky Forums is so poor.

Because no one here works decent jobs to effectively save that much (they should still save either way.) It's all NEETS making twenty bucks here and there on shitcoins.

renting would make sense if you live in a city where house prices are through the roof. But on the same token, if you want to own any real estate in your life, you should get in sooner rather than later. It really comes down to lifestyle choices rather than financials

>Just buy the individual stock of the index you are tracking
>wasting my precious time and paying fees trying to re-balance and keep my portfolio up to index all the time
You're basically making brokerage jews rich. I'd rather pay 0.05% to index fund jews. It's the least expensive option.

That's because you're already earning $120,000 a year nigger, don't pretend this isn't an informo-brag about how much you make like you didn't realise it's the only way you're investing more than the mode 25 year old is earning

80% of hedge fund managers beat the market before fees, their investors do not get higher returns than the market due to fees.

Unless you have capital in the 100s of millions, If you can't earn more than 7% per year from trading you might be a retard.

The sad part is that retards like you don't understand that stock markets are a tool for the wealthy to preserve their wealth and for wall street to steal money from traders.

The real redpill is that you shouldn't use the stock market unless you are retired. The average poorfag would make a larger average return opening a business.

>stock markets are a tool for the wealthy to preserve their wealth and for wall street to steal money from traders.
The real redpill is that you can't get rich at all
Wtf I'm a communist now

Well yes that's why I don't trade the stock market.