Whats it like to be poor and drive a bad car?

Whats it like to be poor and drive a bad car?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_MC_platform
autotrader.com/car-reviews/2014-toyota-prius-vs-2014-lexus-ct-200h-whats-the-difference-225776
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dunno you tell me

>drives a rebranded toyota
>calls others poor

What's it like to be a middle aged women or aspiring african american business man?

Decent bait

>literally a corolla with a body kit

Prius, actually.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_MC_platform

I don't know, I've never been unfortunate enough to have to slum it in Toyota product.

It feel good

Try filling your gastank with tears, because you have no money for gas, that would be close

pissing might also work

For what it’s worth I think Lexus Is winning the “performance luxury” race right now. They’re miles ahead of Acura infinity and genesis. All of their performance cars are top notch.

>Automobiles based on the MC chassis started production in 1997 with the Toyota Prius

And the CT200h and Prius are widely acknowledged as being very similar cars:
autotrader.com/car-reviews/2014-toyota-prius-vs-2014-lexus-ct-200h-whats-the-difference-225776

Which model you fucking nigger, and what year. Can't flex with an IS or an ES from 2008.

Comfy

Auris, but with Prius guts.

Ct200h

I actually like this car, even if it has only 136 hp...sharp drive and very precise steering make somewhat up for the lack of brutal power.

Also dem 22 km/l AVG.

Steering is good, I agree.
Major lack of power though

it's not too bad. I grew up in a wealthy suburb where everyone drove BMW's and Lexuses and lives in big 500k houses, and basically they aren't even rich. They are just peasants with nice shit. they still wake up to an alarm and work 50 hours a week. Most of them don't own their gay Luxury SUV's, they just pay out the ass month by month. and if they ever lost their job they'd be totally fucked. just house niggers pretending they aren't peasants because their car has leather seats, backup cameras and computer screens instead of buttons

i own my shitbox outright and it only costs 250 dollars to insure for 6 months. it will last another 150k miles at least. I rent a shitty house for 800 a month.

the only thing I envy about "rich" people is they don't have to deal with niggers in their suburbs

It's pretty shit desu my bmw has 4k estimate repair

>tfw really want a Lexus IS350

>136hp
LUL

Consider that the top selling engines for the competition (Audi A3, A Class Mercedes, Bmw 1 series, etc..) have powers included from 110 to 150 hp and are all diesel of course since in Europe we have the diesel lobby.

>Literally a Auris/Prius/Yaris
>With a body kit
>And really nice leather seats
>Pedals are tuned to behave a little better
>Barely better speakers
Eh
I really expected more.

>what is torque

Bait but I'm hungry.

It's good. I don't need to try and make others jealous due to an inferiority complex. I spend my time on this board trying to learn or teach others. The simple act of sharing knowledge provides me more joy than a heated steering wheel ever will.

It's a Prius with enhancements like rear multilink instead of torsion beam.

The suspension setup and steering is really precise and the feeling is good (not as good as some european cars like the Giulietta).

The interior is the most luxurious of the category and it really feels like a premium car rather than a Golf with some extra nice plastic here and there (the leather is top grade).

Having said that, I'd rate my car 7 out of 10 because it has some "logistic" defects and little power.

At the same time I don't give a fuck since the next year I'll give it to the dealer in exchange for a brand new model.

You tell me.

This car has torque coming from electric engine + internal combustion engine, it's like a diesel you faggot.

*without the turbo lag since the electric torque comes instantly.

You'd be suprised to see how the car is quick on mountain roads considered everything.

>it's like a diesel you faggot.
less torque than a 3-cyl diesel

I dunno
What's it like to be rich and waste money on a rebadged bad car?

yeah and at least they're using na v8's still

>torque is all that matters

With the e-CVT you always have the perfect gear ratio to use all the torque and the power while on your diesel you have fixed gears, bein them manually or automatically changed.

On the diesel you have all the torque for a very limited range of rpm, then nothing, while on the hybrid you have virtually always all the electric torque + ICE torque when flooring since the engine runs @ optimal rpm (max power) and then the gear adjusts itself continuously.

Try the car first and then talk.

I didn’t drive when I was poor.

Now I’m rich and drive a decent car.

Considering the new Supra because I don’t care about badges and I think it’s a car that says I like cars more than I care for luxury, but it still has luxury features.

If I wanted a car that showed how much money I have I’d be looking at BMW.

I don't like modern cars. I bought this even though I could have gotten a mercedes for same price because I believe in Soviet tech. FRG cars can wait for a bit unless I'm 100% sure it is a good vehicle.
This car is the car to get if you want to learn to drive. No computer bullshit.

>I believe in Soviet tech

its fun.

If you're driving the RC F , GS F , LC500, or the upcoming LS, then your post is valid.
Christ, how does it feel like to be poor and drive a bad car?

How does it feel to be a bus rider?

only my whores drive lexus

You appreciate that your car still runs and you aren't riding the bus. You don't get upset because your heater isn't working and the driver side speaker went out a few years back. You're just happy is was the in-dash multi-DVD changer broke and not the tape deck, because at least you can still plug your phone in to drown out the constant existentialist crisis that invades every aspect of your life save for the few fleeting moments you can focus on the road and tune everything else out.

Your car's shortcomings aren't such to you, they're at best quirks and at worst things to joke about, because all you have left is self-depreciating humor.

Having a (mostly) reliable running automobile at all might be the last straw between you and a date with the business end of a rifle. Your entire life is built atop a house of cards that might as well be sitting on an active fault line. You're constantly one minor quake away from your entire life collapsing, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it besides rebuild the falling sections before the entire structure implodes unto itself.

>implying that most luxury cars don't share some parts with economy cars

Not OP but I recently got a GS F, best car I've ever had. Reliable, fast, luxurious and well built. Fuel economy is terrible though, averaging 16L/100KM mixed driving

>Acura and genesis 'competition'
Still doesn't even come close to German luxury cars

feels good man

the rear always looks like GUTSMAN to me

Nice, I drive an ISF, and yeah fuel is around 14.7 average with spirited driving every day.

I couldn't tell you, OP.

BMW is shit now
porsche are still better (and Mercedes when they feel like it) but overall the gap is closing

Fuckin' excellent man

>For what it’s worth I think Lexus Is winning the “performance luxury” race right now.
That is quite amusing. Lexus are generally great products, but performance. No. Maybe best from Japan, but that has become a low bar.

>drives a lexus
>calls others poor

Lad, you dont know luxury until you daily drive a 100k Audi. Back down cunt.

>100k Volkswagen
>luxury

What did xer mean by this?

As long as I get from A to B with no problems

They're so ugly though.

i drive a toyota avalon and im white. did i fuck up

That is clean

I'm not rich, but I can drifto

My cousin drives one of these, she's like 5'3 and makes less money than me. It's a great car for her because she's small. I can only imagine a girl or a very small man being able to drive that car. Are you a girl by any chance OP?

no

heh more like prius butts