Does anyone have a passive income from adsense on websites/videos?

Does anyone have a passive income from adsense on websites/videos?

I am looking for inspiration / ideas to get me started.

I have $70 so far on my youtube channel, buts is taking years for anything decent.

How many views did $70 take?

Not sure of the views, but its mostly from youtube over three years.

Passive income is a myth. To be successful on YouTube, you have to branch out and use your brand recognition to start another business that's somewhat related to your channel (for example, JennaMarbles features her dogs and has a business selling stuffed toys of said dogs).

Everything mentioned here.

Youtubers are usually ADHD types anyway who don't mind cranking out like a sausage factory the kind of pandering crap their audience wants.

The simple fact is that to maintain an audience's eyeballs you need to put out content on a schedule, otherwise they go elsewhere.

Like the guy above said, that gives you brand recognition that you can then capitalize through a business.

In other words: the money isn't in ads, yes it can be gravy, but the real money isn't in ads, it's in using your Youtube recognition to move product.

10k minutes of watching, 50k views mostly from first world countries, 95% likes made $2.

only one who get rich from adsense is google himself.

You don't get passive income on Youtube videos.

Youtubers that make a lot of money have to make a video nearly every day whilst keeping their content fresh and interesting to millions of viewers.
Not exactly easy.

Individual videos die out. You can't just make one or two and sit back forever because it will eventually stop getting views.

>only one who get rich from adsense is google himself

You can actually get pretty rich from Youtube

>inb4 pewdiepie is the most subscribed of all time of course he's rich

Even if you have 500,000 subscribers, which wouldn't get you anywhere near the most subscribed, you could make a comfortable living

>not sure of views

How the fuck can you not log onto your YouTube and see your total video views, or add up each video a views and tell us so we have an idea?

I have a website that currently gets about 10k views per week but I haven't monetised it yet

My website is doing 140k views per month, YouTube is at 75k views per month, about $300 AUD per month from ads.

how many youtubers try to be pewdie? millions... how many of them got rich? very few.

the whole system works on this principle. make some average guy rich as an example, so millions follow his/her way and they will make owner of the system rich.

What ad platform you with?

Adsense.

What is your site / channel about?

Website is about sys admin type stuff, eg Linux/Windows server management posts, while YouTube channel is more consumer tech, eg laptop reviews etc.

Neat, what sort of server are you hosting it on?
Are you using a CMS?
Where does most of your traffic come from?

AWS EC2 instance, I paid up front for 3 years so it was a decent price. Also behind CloudFlare.
WordPress.
Mostly US/India for the website, just seems to be where people searching for fixing computer problems etc come from, mostly from Google. YouTube is mostly US/Australia, the laptop brands I do are Australian as it's where I live, other hardware I guess is popular in US, mostly people searching for the specific item I did a video about.

I didn't think we had any tech reviewers in Australia. (apart from blunty)

How much content does the site have?
Are you actively writing for it?

I also use wordpress, I don't get many views so I am attempting to migrate my install over to a cheaper host.

Anyone know if passive income from subscription fees / pay 2 view is a worthwile alternative?

I'm pretty small on YT, going for about 1.5 years with a weekly video, only passed 1000 subscribers about a month ago.

The website is close to passing it's 200th post, I've been putting a post out each week for the last 3 years or so, this year I've increased it to 3 per week. I'm literally writing for it right now and slacking off on Veeky Forums haha, no problem though I have 3 posts per week until the end of May currently scheduled.

That is pretty good, I started my small blog recently about tech, so far it only has 4 posts and gets about 5-10 views daily.

I guess when I start working in the tech industry and start learning real word issues, then I can also start posting decent content.

Care to post a screenshot of the adsense analytics?

That will likely help, my thing started a year or so after I started working full time. Basically I'd solve a problem after finding the answer wasn't in Google, so it started with me documenting that for future reference for myself. After time I found people would search for the same issue and I'd be either the only or by that point top result as I'd solved it first or early on. Most of my posts focus on solving problems people have, or showing them how to do something etc which is why I think it's been growing over time. I've put quite a lot of work into it, mostly for fun/interest but nice to see it get larger, maybe one day it will actually be useful money. At the moment I'm just happy it pays for itself.

Yeah I guess.

If you aren't able to put out 10+ minute videos consistently, then don't bother.

Yea if you can get 267 million views per month.

I would assume that you are making much more than the server hosting / cloudflare.

Its a impressive number even though adblock is widespread.

I hope to get to $100 sometime this year, most of my money was made on youtube, I made some CS:GO update videos as soon as the update was released. The Russians love it. This makes up most of it, but I have some other videos.