/ss13g/ - vpnguys on a ban request subforum

Last Thread:
Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
>based vpnguy makes a job ban request on Souhei, logs are dumped, pomf pulls the plug and goes for a full perma
>informative discord improvement pictures are made
>WFU is dead? A long discussion.

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/fE3Ts8A

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QicgfPt_k6M
youtube.com/watch?v=SYslEzHbpus
cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/3959840/26076123/84c11fe8-396c-11e7-9ec6-137c9db96eaa.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for improving the discord

2nd for further improvements to the discord

Bad image, OP.

>Tech Rose
W H Y
H
Y

Reminder that it's not rape if it's an assistant.

If you want to sink, maybe put in a trivial effort to use ALL THAT FUCKING MAINT, to hide it.

wow, this is some next level dramamongery

XENO
BIO

It's literally about blocking people, if anything it will reduce drama. Hopefully people just block people they don't like or want to talk to so nobody argues.
youtube.com/watch?v=QicgfPt_k6M

Yep, that sums it up real nice.

There needs to be more in-depth slime taming. You should be able to teach a slime to make a happy face when you say the phrase 'gas the jews'

youtube.com/watch?v=SYslEzHbpus

If only all Veeky Forumsstation had just one neck.

Son of a bitch, I was trying to post that.

Think with me anons.

Think that you are a captain, a space pirate captain, with your space proof armor on your chest, a energy cutlass on your belt and a signed contract issued by the Syndicate to steal a research station, bloody or clean.

Imagine you send in a squad of loyal scurvy ridden dogs to storm the station, firing broadside barrages with flak cannons to soften the hull and sending in breach pods to strike in as your boys rush the stations crew with laser resistant hardsuits, combat shotguns and laser cutlasses in hand, as they go and kill all the crew to gain control of it, a series of bloody skirmishes the station cannot handle

Or you can send in your boys with some stealth gear, slowly killing the crew, sabotaging the gears, subverting the AI, weakening resistance before you send in a couple boys to cut the rest of the folks to pieces and make the station a ghost town.

After a job well done, you go and have a drink to celebrate the raid, be it on what's likely to be the hollow hole of the previous to be bar, hack in the machine and have yourself all the rum you can take from em, or just relax back at the ships grog area, as you take a cup from the chest, fill it up from the tanker and yell at your first mate to set sail for deep space to get your well earned cash reward.

Space Pirates when

when you code it

>Whining in the thread about who you dislike
>Not dramamongering and stirring shit for no reason
i dunno man, you sound like a massive prancing fruity lala-homo to me

maybe you should go to reddit or something, shit like this is more normal in communities like theirs

My favorite xenobio meme is when cult or wozard does constructs and some enterprising xenobiologist happens to make sentient slimes early in the round

This happened once that I saw and I witnessed a single slime devour 20+ constructs. They could do nothing to him once he killed the cultists themselves, the constructs can't use fire extinguishers

Every time he ate a construct it would make three more slimes to deal with and they couldn't tell which were him and which were AI

ANTAG D A T U M S

Im new to this server what are antag datums thing everyone wants?

they are our salvation
road to a new, better spess

wew lad

So... nuke ops?

A proper object type for defining antagonists so we can abandon the shitty game type system we use now. With antag datums we can have hybrid rounds like Raiders + Nuke or have new antagonists spawn in during a round.

Right now our gamemodes (and thus antagonists) are linked to gamemode datums. Meaning that you can't make a malf mid-game, because half the malfcode doesn't get loaded, because the gamemode isn't malf. Shit like that.

Antag datums would undo this, allowing for more fluid antag creation and usage in rounds.

I know you can make golems but how do you make human controlled slimes?

thread shitposting is just shitposting, don't be so bootybothered, go back to your discord if you can't handle it.

>gets assblasted by someone that's actually using his head
>j-just go to your discord if you can't handle it!

I bet this person is on the list

transparent slime extract

I like to discuss shit in the thread, I use the coder discord to help me actually code shit. I really don't pay attention to any drama, either here or there.

Nah.

thread is for mostly memes, salt, and shitposting. Not even the admins really care for the thread, sadly.

>hiding reactions
>blocking every channel

>blocking shapka
>tfw not on the list

Nuke ops except not shit since you have to preserve the station instead of telebombing the bridge.

What's this "ADMINS HATE THE THREAD" meme from? I probably post here more than you

post your ckey then faggot

[06:45:22]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@213,251,1) Deadsay: drones, "trinity"
[06:45:23]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@213,251,1) Deadsay: whines, "is such"
[06:45:25]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@213,251,1) Deadsay: whines, "a fucking"
[06:45:25]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@213,251,1) Deadsay: mutters, "moron"
[06:45:48]OOC: (LOCAL) Willy Anderson/BanEvader43 (@297,260,1): kill yourself
[06:47:07]EMOTE: Trinity Prewitt/Bitter Vanilla (@211,250,1): Trinity Prewitt screams in agony!
[06:47:07]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@210,249,1) Deadsay: mutters, "fucking idiot"
[06:47:09]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@210,249,1) Deadsay: cries, "deserves it"
[06:47:10]EMOTE: Unknown (as Trinity Prewitt)/ (@211,250,1): Unknown (as Trinity Prewitt) seizes up and falls limp, her eyes dead and lifeless...
[06:47:15]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@210,249,1) Deadsay: complains, "you stupid piece of shit"
[06:47:21]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@210,249,1) Deadsay: complains, "you deserve this"
[06:47:26]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@210,249,1) Deadsay: mutters, "for running past a head right on the floor"
[06:47:34]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@202,245,1) Deadsay: cries, "no"
[06:47:36]SAY: Trinity Prewitt/Bitter Vanilla/(Trinity Prewitt) (@209,250,1) Deadsay: mutters, "What?"
[06:47:36]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@202,245,1) Deadsay: drones, "you fucked up"
[06:47:38]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@202,245,1) Deadsay: whines, "YOU FUCKED UP"
[06:47:41]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@202,245,1) Deadsay: spooks, "YOU RAN RIGHT PAST MY HEAD"
[06:47:42]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@202,245,1) Deadsay: drones, "YOU DUMBY"

This an avada tier spergout

Is there an ERP discord?

the "meme" is from a few admins suggesting we move away from the thread. I can't remember which ones it was, real badmins though. Thread threw a hissy fit and they never mentioned it again.

based willy did nothing wrong, leave my tasertag buddy alone

>a few admins suggesting we move away from the thread
Makes sense, you can't ban people for criticizing you anonymously on Veeky Forums.

Datums are just abstract information - not anything "real" like an object, mob, or turf. Lummox's guide to them explains it like this:
>A team, for example, is an abstract concept. It's a group of players that can have its own score, color, goal area, mission... you name it. And on the subject of abstracts, a color or a mission would count as an abstract concept. Kinds of knowledge are abstract, like skills in an RPG. You could use atoms for all of these, but that's kind of silly; these things don't need to have a physical location or move around.

So say we have a collection of information in /datum/antag. This would contain the shared information that EVERY antag needs to have.
Say we then have another collection of information in /datum/antag/syndicate. Because it's a child of /datum/antag, it will have all the information from there, but in ADDITION to that, we can put in all the information every type of syndi antag like traitor, double agent, or nuke op needs to have. After this, we could have yet another collection of information in /datum/antag/syndicate/traitor which would be the actual datum tators get and which would inherit all the information from its parent (which inherits all the information from its own parent).
That's just how antag datums would improve antag code and make it easier for people to add new antag types. A whole other story is that currently, gamemodes are more like events than actual gamemodes and if you bus in a malf AI or blob or rev, nothing actually changes about the game - the AI can't delta, the blob won't trigger a law change or win if it grows big enough, and the rev won't lose if the rev heads die/win if the crew heads die.

At least, that's become my understanding of it from what I remember of Nexis' stream explaining it and my pretty limited and incomplete software development education

I really wish I remembered which ones did it. I know Kammerjunk and Dragonbro both told the dissenters they were fucking dumb for even suggesting it.

Whomever said these things are retarded for the same reason players should absolutely be encouraged to post on the forums with a VPN if they for whatever reason don't want their IP out there. I don't know who it was, but I have a few guesses.
Even excepting that, thread's important, you know? It's kinda one of the cornerstones of the serb.

none of the codermins are big fans, zealot and probe do not like the existence of the thread either

Why do people like this guy even exist? It's such a waste of oxygen.

[06:47:55]SAY: Trinity Prewitt/Bitter Vanilla/(Trinity Prewitt) (@209,250,1) Deadsay: drones, "You know what happened you shit?"
[06:48:01]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@208,248,1) Deadsay: complains, "YES"
[06:48:03]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@208,248,1) Deadsay: complains, "DO YOU"
[06:48:08]SAY: Trinity Prewitt/Bitter Vanilla/(Trinity Prewitt) (@209,250,1) Deadsay: complains, "I got an LOOC and I didn't want to deal with any metagay"
[06:48:13]SAY: Trinity Prewitt/Bitter Vanilla/(Trinity Prewitt) (@209,250,1) Deadsay: cries, "So chill yourself, faggot"
[06:48:16]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@208,248,1) Deadsay: whines, "NO YOU FAGGOT"
[06:48:19]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@208,248,1) Deadsay: complains, "I TOLD YOU TO KILL YOURSELF"
[06:48:23]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@208,248,1) Deadsay: drones, "AFTER YOU IGNORED MY HEAD"
[06:48:24]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@208,248,1) Deadsay: whines, "YOU"
[06:48:24]SAY: Willy Anderson/BanEvader43/(Willy Anderson) (@208,248,1) Deadsay: complains, "DUMBY"
[06:48:29]SAY: Trinity Prewitt/Bitter Vanilla/(Trinity Prewitt) (@209,221,1) Deadsay: whines, "LOOC: BanEvader43: kill yourself"
[06:48:41]SAY: Trinity Prewitt/Bitter Vanilla/(Trinity Prewitt) (@209,119,1) Deadsay: drones, "Like fuck I'm going to act on anything with that on my feed"
[06:48:55]SAY: Trinity Prewitt/Bitter Vanilla/(Trinity Prewitt) (@184,460,5) Deadsay: complains, "If you didn't say shit, you'd have gotten your help. So chill"

Trinity should make a ban request, we've got enough sperging underages already.

we need a vpnguy for this job!

>so scared of metagaming boogeyman
>throws their game IC and dies while pretending they didn't walk past a dead officer and saying absolutely nothing on the radio or letting other sec know

what the fuck

What is the purpose of the server if it cuts all ties with the thread? It'd just be "TG" all over again, and this community used to ridicule them for that.

t. BanEvader43

PJB can't be trusted with opinions

No just suprised at what a cuck players are on VGstation

>you're a cuck for not reviving a guy that shouted at you in looc
a real cuck would listen and follow to any order, an alpha ignores them like the beta bitch they are
>you're not a cuck for crying in deadchat and screaming in looc borderline metagaming

Which server has the best waifus?

Am I a bad engineer if I wire the sme into the grid every round?

>killing yourself and leaving a round because you're scared of admins is alpha

died to unrelated matters

I enjoy it. Once you go imageboards you don't go back.

>says nothing
>dies two minutes later
>doesn't say anything or fight back

Hi I quit the SS13 several months ago after I got tired of every round being awful and not fun in any way. I don't have any time to play right now but from what I have seen Veeky Forums is continuing their removal of anything even remotely fun or that is useful as a non-antag. Hows life on Veeky Forums?

>Wire SME to grid every round.
>Greyshitters get fried like bacon when they try to hack doors.

Nope, no problem here.

server runs well, nice mix of RP and valids although there are still validhunters and security to deal with

Think with me user
Roll antag
Steal the hand tele
Find the ship
Teleport in supplies, cloner, botany shit, and a teleporter
Speedrun adamantium golems and get them sauced up and backed up
Teleport in squads of diona at a time and speed cloning them as they die
An unlimited tide of buckler and sword wielding maniacs

Aka 1-man cult before the manifest nerfs.

Well if we were to cut ties from the thread we would have less people shit talking bad pulls, and give the coders more ability to go after a person rather than their argument if they criticize their work. And the admins could keep an easier track of people they don't like/that don't like them so they can watch them like a hawk for an excuse to ban them.

Also people would be more afraid to bad mouth anyone in charge in fear of the above happening. So basically power tripping mongs want the thread gone because it's the one place people can be honest about how they feel without others being able to use their position of power to get rid of dissenters or use their past mistakes to invalidate any criticisms they make them or their work.

share your guesses

You can kill a slime regularly but it's pretty resilient

Are there any new features that are noteworthy?

That's the only reason they could actually ban souhei so it's hardly a boogeyman

Anyone subverts or permashocks a door and you're responsible for it if the people who died ahelp it

You're a fucking inbred redneck moron. They already have the wires long before you have the juice up. All it does is kill innocents when the shocking starts.

More like by the time you get ready to send in your first wave the shuttle is called because the other antag shat things up thoroughly and also the dionas all get banned because they don't have to obey you like golems and aren't antags.

>transparent slime extract
What

vgstation

Veeky Forums because it has _____

gremlins that fuck with electronics, glass floortiles that break when mechs or fat people walk on them, inflatable walls for engineering to easily not fucking ZAS everyone to high hell when repairing (atmos on the serb is a wild ride), diona recently had a rework to how hyperzine works with them, cult JUST had a change to the rez rune, and the convert rune now instagibs and drops the items of the person if they're cultbanned, and so on. Random people keep saying we're stagnating, but the serb is pretty good right now

Here's an oldie, but a goodie.
ASS
TO
BEAK

you!

a lot of QoL improvements. Nothing singularly major comes to mind.
We do have a new station.

Er, black slime extract. I don't think there's transparent slimes. You mix it with plasma to make a mutagen that turns players into baby slimes.

____N___
and
____O_

Wow I'm fucking retarded and unable to just hit ctrl s before I click post
BRB hanging self

Is anyone else not actually looking forward to antag datums? Usually I just want to relax and hailer at greyshits after the valids get scooped by whoever

Yo ucan recall forever. It doesn't matter

Forgot to replace the second part with golems cause I remembered that.

The glory of anonymous image boards.
Neck yourself nigger.

>calling someone a nigger and telling them to kill themselves
>because they provided a valid argument with strong points

vpnguy fought and died for your right to anonymously shitpost

I'm not sure you really read his post because he's against removing the thread
>So basically power tripping mongs want the thread gone because it's the one place people can be honest about how they feel without others being able to use their position of power to get rid of dissenters or use their past mistakes to invalidate any criticisms they make them or their work.

>the joke
>your head

see fucking newfags I swear. Be sure to tell your mom I said hi.

does that include my right to anonymously speculate about his spess dox?

Nice quotes fuccboi

no

>glass floortiles that break when mechs or fat people walk on them
These all sound nice but this one is hilarious. Are the gremlins a ghost role?

>We do have a new station.
Bagelstation? Are there any better pictures of it?

SCRRAAAWWWK

Were you here for drag damage? Or the fight over attack animations being implemented?
>Are the gremlins a ghost role?
Nah. They're NPCs unless a badmin stuffs you in one.
>Bagelstation? Are there any better pictures of it?
cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/3959840/26076123/84c11fe8-396c-11e7-9ec6-137c9db96eaa.png
This is outdated though.