The people's car of Veeky Forums - BUMP THE THREAD YOU FAGGOT(s)

Current name:
>Kuroba Quattropace
Launch (estimated):
>1986

Trims:
>Poverty base (L) – RWD, 1.8L SOHC 4 Banger (borrowed from another manufacturer to reduce cost on cheapest model) developing 110 bhp

>ECO (FEX) – RWD, Either base 1.8l with a low pressure turbo developing around 130 bhp

>Base 6 (GL, GLE) – RWD, featuring the Company's in-house 2.0l straight 6 with a rev limit of 8k, develops nearly 200 bhp

>TURBO I – RWD, Turbo charged 2.0L I6 (unknown power figures)

>TURBO II – AWD, Twin Turbo 2.0L I6 270bhp

Special versions (some yet not fully discussed, undecided if will make the final cut)
>Group B like rally spec
>DTM or similar
>WAT racing development M.E.M.E machine ( not eligible for participation in any official racing )

>A car designed by a bunch of autists, so what? What can I do with it?
It will be simplified and put into Assetto Corsa and Rfactor ( other games might be possible too, i.e. GTA 4 and BeamNG, but that's too much to promise atm).
ALSO, there will be some animations featuring the car, a commercial set in the period and something like Initial D.
>Have you seen another user working on the Touge racing game?
Yes, we have talked, this has a strong chance of making it in that game, if not guaranteed.

Thread theme(s):
youtube.com/watch?v=nlIZErrPAl8
youtube.com/watch?v=8cNeXWpTVlo
youtube.com/watch?v=CQ5_QxwFjNI
youtube.com/watch?v=bWcASV2sey0
youtube.com/watch?v=SXWVpcypf0w

P.S. the program I am using to model this is Blender 2.79.
>don't ask me again REEEEEEEEEE

on the topic of:
>when next car?????
As I did this time, I am going to make thread where the main focus is on getting together the drive type and body type of the next Veeky Forums's car of the decade (this name makes more sense desu) whenever I want to do this again.

>Previous cumstain of a thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/sc0asmhk
discord.gg/wTHuB
discord.gg/cY3wJ46
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The base car exterior is mostly finished, so now my work is geared towards the interior.

But why?

It needs cup holders. One on each door, with some sort of mechanism to fit multiple cup sizes/designs and removable liners because it's impossible to "roll the water" like Takumi

4 shore

So it went from a mk3 supra look-alike to a straight up 86 look-alike? lol

Painting it white and giving it dagumi wheels makes it an 86?

I might do some sort of 80s synthwave commercial jingle if people are interested. Then we could add a voice over, and with enough ambition, video for a full commercial.

Oh. A commercial is already planned.

I’ll still write a jingle for it if nobody else has said they would.

>Poverty car
>Dual exhaust

No jingle, just a Synth chord, the make and an Engrish slogan.

Kuroba
Excite the feeling

and that's what sets it apart

took you long enough to start new bread

imo this wheel is the worst
exactly how many ppl voted for this?

Dubs of truth
That wheel looks more '90s luxury, not '80s shitbox.

I mean this is the celica supra's wheel

I would unironically buy the Turbo I model if this was real

>implying

FUCK YEAH R31 BRAAAH
(seriously that steering wheel was the worst, heaps of flex, lining on the top would break loose and twist around freely)

Ah fuck forgot image.

Also I would guess the Turbo I would have somewhere around 230bhp

As much as I love that car, the first thing to do would be a Momo.
Anyways, my point was that it's an economy car first, and that wheel screams "high end"

>high end
See Pov spec pinny/skyline, any half decent trim came with pic related.

Fuck, Seriously?
Alright then, carry on if it's period correct. But if there's no factory Momo option, someone's getting crucified.

I can definitely do synths

Perfect, now we need a baritone with a London accent.
"Kuhrobah. Exoit thuh feilin'"

Soooo, it's a rwd late 80s Accord?

okay guise let's make a big performance car
base model?
Mercedes 190e Evolution

@18241635
Soooo, you're just another shitty tripfag?

Is ok newfie some day you will learn

Clearly it's a Starion.
>looks
Check.
>pov 4 cylinder low pressure turbo
Check.
>4 wheel drive option
Check.

Not bitchin wide body though, and that front is totally a copy of the late 80s Accord

but there is a widebody

and its nowhere near square enough to look like an Accord

>newfie
>t. another shitty tripfag

You wait, he'll make a widebody option just like the Starion.
He definitely put an Accord bonnet on it but if you check out the side on the front quarter keeps it's Starion shape.

Fucks sake man, I don't wanna pick sides but you can't call other people newfangled when you can't reply properly.

Maybe he's depriving them of (You)s?
The tripfag feeds off (You)s.
(search your feelings, you know it to be true)

What do you guys think so far?

clyp.it/sc0asmhk

there's a bit of sizzle in the beginning that wasn't in the recording. my guess is that it's just compression from clyp.it

80s/80s

Noice

RORARY NOW. YOU PROMISSED YOU MASSIVE FAGGOT

Pic related

The car pictured in the start of the thread isn't the poverty spec.

I Wasn't going to go and make a halfassed thread on my phone.

Planned for the WAT version.

>Veeky Forums makes a car
>it's literally a fucking 86

I am thinking of creating a discord server for the people who are going to help out in getting this car into vidya and who are helping with the commercial.

Just so the thread isn't filled with some random bits. And also to make this process a lot more painless.

I could be clueless here, but consider stopping the accent body line before the peak of the front wheel arch, rather tha running all the way to the front of the car. It looks like there are too many lines drawing the eye downward, and it gives the front a droopy appearance.

>synthwave
please no
I know the car as a whole is literally ripped off from the 80's, but seeing all the threads it seems like a modern day car ripped off from the 80s rather than a car released in the 80s
synthwave further emphasizes this holier than thou vibe that's not only inherently fake but doesn't fit the 80s thematic (Pastel colors + bright neons + synths is NOT 80s, unless you are solely looking into Miami)

Look at "Touge 1995", its trailer had synthwave and the title has pastel colors and cursive fonts. So much for a game set in the 90s.

Check the songs I've got in the OP, I am thinking of using one of them.

am I the only one who hates how the little window by the back kinda slopes upward a bit? I kinda miss the original one where it was more flat tbqh

Fuck that car is awesome. Gr8 wok

>like pottery

>trailer had synthwave
no it didn't

There should be a another base level trim for 3rd worlders.
>3rd Worlder base (J) - RWD, 1.6L SOHC 90 hp

discord.gg/wTHuB
Join the group if you wanna help out a little more freely, btw, post your stuff in the specific channels.

It's expired

shit
discord.gg/cY3wJ46

>no rotary engine special edition

I think that's gonna be in the M.E.M.E machine

>trip hop/lofi
>synthwave
what the fuck are you smoking

Working on a new dashboard and made a new steering wheel. I'll show the little details and other shit that is on the dash later.

i like the look of this steering wheel
consider it

Hey OP. I got that autom8tion program. Made an accurate re-creation of the Ford Windsor 302 4.9L v8 (went for an 80's model since that is current car). It's surprisingly fun to mess around with. Now I'm gonna try to make an accurate 276hp 2JZ-GTE. Turbo's seem to be a little..... odd though. :/

you gotta be fucking kidding me

>felicia

welllllllll shite.
you can't fit a twin turbo on the engine in autom8tion... it'll let you do it with v6's but I can't get it to do it with I6's...

big single laggy turbo T_T

Why not join the discord and post your engine specs there? discord.gg/cY3wJ46

this is because the turbo simulation of Automation is bad and every turbo takes longer to build boost than it should

devs are aware and plan on reworking it in the future but who knows how long that will be

So.. LS swapped when?

Well the LS1 didn’t come out until 1997, so not for another 9 years.

But all sorts of versions are planned, even more modern modified versions.

sbc then

problem?

Bump

Soooo, it's a rwd late 80s Accord?

Bunp

If you have any suggestions for the interior and or for the appearance (body kits for the turbo versions and such), don't be a shy boi and just add your suggestions in here or on the discord.

I have reached a point where I haven't got the creativity that helps me create this shit.

>I have reached a point where I haven't got the creativity
take a break dude, otherwise you'll end up with bunch of work done sloppy and not willing to do it all over again

btw the cockpit in the pic looks a bit out of scale

cassette holder ?

combine some aspect of 850csi and rx7fc

Yeah, maybe.

The car is meant to be small, but the interior might just be a bit too large as you say, but that might change after I add details.

posting the king of gauges

digital boost meter would be god tier

don't do this man, this needs to be scrapped
imo it's worse than the previous design

maybe try doing multiple 2d sketches and make people decide which one looks the best

ye, I guess. I'll make them tomorrow and let people vote over the weekend.

Atari logo/10

Actually dig it, tho

idea: make rpm gauge horizontal bar and put a horsepower-rpm graph on it

those old digital displays with the RPM and Power both on it are funny. I also laughed at the one that had the car in the middle XD

Swap tacho direction so that the redline is up next to the LCD in the middle

>XD

I didn’t even notice that until after I posted that. I also made the boost gauge go to 3 bar for some reason.

I really dig this. Would prefer to see analog gauges for the lower end models, but if you shrink the digital display a little bit this is ideal for the top trims.

Turbo 1 - 230bhp

Turbo 2 - 270bhp

Hmmm.... I think I might have cracked the turbo code.

it's a good thing they over engineered the hell outta these engines.

Moar JDM turbo power.

Top one is 30% smaller and 100-lbs lighter...
but the bottom one makes its power 2k RPM sooner...

dunno which I like more.

Yeah. But he won't fucking list it in the thread title.