Don't buy AMD

>Don't buy AMD

Well look at that. Pre-market and it's already up 2% since yesterday's close.

>don't buy amd
who the fuck would say that

>

about time it starts paying off

Until 20$ I see a rise in the price quotation

This train already passed

>hits 8 dollars
>train has already passes
>hits 10
>can't go any higher right?
>hits 12
>amd will need a lot of force to break 13, guys. Ain't happening!
>hits 15

Calling it. Will hit 30 by the end of 2017

I bought at $13. Could only afford to put $400 into it, hopefully it'll help pay for my upgrade.

It's tanking again. Probably a dip?

It will be back at

Based on what

I remember shilling this stock when it broke $5 and everyone here called me a faggot penny stocker.

Missed the ship anger

>AMD down to 14.50

L O L

>tfw invested 400 usd in amd

a-am i going to regret this????

i sure do hope the zen cpu and vega gpu launch kicks ass

all positives are already out there and priced in. Intel price cuts would be devastating. Slow OEM adoption. After initial sales due to years of pent-up fanboys building a new system, sales will be low. Ryzen will cripple Intel's margins but it is not an Intel CPU killer.

RTG isn't making money and Vega won't change that. Possible upside toward end of year with Xbox Scorpio but that will be a 1-2Q temporary bump.

I want AMD to shoot to 20 to buy cheap puts. Today's price movement not helping my goal.

So you are saying it isn't worth buying a call for the potential bump tomorrow?

It may skyrocket. I'm just not comfortable with it. That being said, I may buy some super cheap out of the money calls for a small amount of money just in case it moon missions in the next two weeks and make a nice sum. Haven't decided yet.

>what is profit-taking

>Missed the ship anger
I bought 5000 shares at inb4 but muh new ceo

The new CEO hasn't accomplished crap yet other than bringing Keller back in to design the new processor.

>inb4 but muh GPUs

Nvidia has so thoroughly kicked AMD's ass on this front already that AMD is an afterthought in this market, at least by those of us who write the software to work with GPUs.

Su wasn't CEO when Keller was contracted and she failed to keep him on board. She's also getting absolutely raped by GloFo. I fail to realize why everyone thinks Su is so great. Polaris was a shitshow and the entire company is still losing money (except for the custom chip division which doesn't exactly make a killing)

Is this 5% discount a good time to buy?

So I'm not familiar with Ryzen - is it like innovative as fuck or is it a shortlived meme?

Its a cheaper i7

cheaper because shit/fuck intel (and profit margins)/easy to make?

Can't wait lads. R7 btfo'ing the i7 today

6 core R5 btfo'ing the i5 in Q2
4 core R3 btfo'ing the i3 and celeron/pentiums and entry level desktop/computers in the casual market in the latter half of the year.

Tfw sold AMD at like 15.26 when it was beinf pumped : ^ )

Rolling for investing advice

Well look at that, RTG already btfo. Better-than-Pascal-Titan-X at stock speeds, $700. 1080 $500. 1070 $30 cheaper than MSRP.