Don't get me wrong, I think the Roadster is cool and all (the semi is pretty ugly but eh)...

Don't get me wrong, I think the Roadster is cool and all (the semi is pretty ugly but eh), but do you think that this was just a "Hey, look over there!" tactic on Elon's part to take notice off of the "production hell" of the Model 3 to keep his financial backers confident? I have nothing against Tesla but damn this seems fishy.

Other urls found in this thread:

shrinkthatfootprint.com/electric-cars-green
tesla.com/blog/master-plan-part-deux
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Of course, it's a tactic, Elon Musk's whole business ethos is just hyping up other shit to distract from his company consistently failing to deliver on time.

Isn't it obvious that this was exactly that?

Musk doesn't care about staying in business long term or even making good cars. All he cares about is keeping the song and dance going on as long as possible. His goal is to disrupt the industry and nudge it in the direction he wants. The longer Tesla stays around the more permanent the changes will be.

Its all about having such a fuck huge ego that you think everybody should do things your way.

So essentially it's an elaborate attempt to get bigger auto companies to adopt electric cars? GM said that their entire lineup would eventually go full EV, so I guess it's working.

Tesla Motors follows a consistent pattern of Over-promising and under-delivering. Unfortunately they aren't punished for this because the taxpayer is propping them up.

Pretty much, same idea as Napster, demonstrate there is a market for something the established industry is too hesitant to explore.
In the mean time plenty of employees are getting paid and living in the bay area to help Elon on his quest. And if Elon plays his cards right he might end up enrichring his own fortunes a bit.

The problem is nobody ever stopped to think about the real environmental impact. Its the same problem with public figures pushing PV systems as some kind of long term solution. Whatever rich guy read the sales brochure for the Chinese factory and thinks they are awesome. Probably has no idea they are made out of really nasty materials. The only place PV systems make sense long term is if you need highly portable power. Putting them on the roofs of houses is retarded. But Elon won't tell you that.

you people are all seriously dumb fuck retarded. what the fuck am i reading? hoooo man, i need to go lie down.

>boo hoo someone that brings brand new products that are undeniably ground breaking cant manage to fulfill every single persons wish perfectly!

>boo hoo this company thats trying to do so much in so little time cant produce like all these old players in the market! what a scam! lol i bet i couldve done it perfectly!

youre a dumb little shit, and when you have investors breathing down your neck about giving a date, you would give a date too. and guess what? its gonna probably be wrong, and everyones going to hate you, just like you hate elon.

be the smarter person and understand.

oh also,
load of bullshit. that whole ev is just as bad as oil was pushed by oil companies, idiot.
shrinkthatfootprint.com/electric-cars-green

>all of this implying that CONSISTENTLY over-promising and under delivering is a-ok and getting propped up by subsidies while failing at everything you promise is ok too
And the cult of musk follower has arrived

tbf everyone would eventually go fully electric with or without Tesla's existence. They've merely merely pushed the adoption 5 years earlier tops.

Listen dude all I did was ask a question. I'm not looking for this "look at me I'm so intelligent", jacking yourself off nonsense. I never called it a scam.

Ford imported Transits from Turkey with seats and windows. To avoid the tariff on light trucks. then removed the seats and replaced the glass with sheet metal. to make them into light trucks for mpg/emissions purposes.

He's emotionaly invested in the cult of musk. like any fanatic he isn't interested in the truth, only in trying to silence anything he believes can cast doubt on his chosen savior.

>I HATE YOU SHITLORDS THAT DON'T LOVE SCIENCE

>undeniably ground breaking
Pic related

wasn't this that blatantly clickbait article about the model 3s being shipped it outfitters which is where those components are added but the article implied it was going to customers?

real stand up journalism there

>They've merely merely pushed the adoption 5 years earlier tops.
This is a really important point to consider. Because pushing for adoption of a technology before it is really ready, can be incredibly harmful to society.
I love my ICE car, and I'll keep it for Sunday drives, but we need electric cars for general transit and transport because they utilize energy more efficiently. The great story of the 21st century will be powering society with energy sources that do not destroy the environment. I don't think anybody, Tesla critic or not disagrees.
The thing is, if a company like Tesla introduces a new technology too early and completely botches it, it can end up pushing back adoption. Tesla in a lot of ways is botching it.
The technology is not ready. The biggest sign is that a government subsidy is required on each vehicle purchase to level the playing field on cost. In addition to cost there are yet to be resolved downsides like charging time, charger availability, overall range, battery life and cold weather performance. In addition to that there is Tesla's unique brew of fuckups like build quality and over-complication.

Just take a big step back and imagine you are responsible for Porsche or Mercedes or Ford. You know EVs are the future and you know eventually there will be a magic window to retool all your production to mass produce EVs. Looking at where the tech is do you think we are there yet or no.

And one other thing that needs to be said. Tesla IS NOT pushing the state of the art ahead. They are not inventing new technology or discovering new chemistry. They are not contributing to solving the technical problems preventing mass adoption. All they are doing is bringing a product to market. It's like giving Apple credit for inventing the smartphone. Apple did not do the heavy lifting developing SoCs that make Smartphones possible.

They unveiled the semi-trailer and the Roadster so that people would pre-order them at full price, which is how they pay the bills.

Why did they destroy these cars?

The reasons they give sound like excuses. The EV1 was possibly the most well executed car GM ever built.

the people at gm who championed the rise of SUV's didn't want the car, but didn't want anyone else to profit off the research that went into making them. Hence detroying them and trying like hell to sweep everything under a rug of trailblazer and hummer reciepts.

It is also the only car to be badged as a GM. So maybe GM themselves need to make cars that are good, maybe the Corvette wouldn't be a shitposting stock if it was by GM.

>youre a dumb little shit, and when you have investors breathing down your neck about giving a date, you would give a date too. and guess what? its gonna probably be wrong, and everyones going to hate you, just like you hate elon.
I hate to tell you you're wrong, but Tesla's money is mostly from the Department of Energy. Over half of their startup capital was government grants and loans.

The semi is a fucking lie, it takes 2x the time to fill up as a diesel, and no where is going to let you charge a MW battery using their power.

The roadster isn't much less of a lie either. The "fastest production car" wont be true, unless they can hit 285+ to beat the Koenigsegg Agera, which is unlikely because that can spin the tires until almost 200mph, it's tire technology that's keeping them back. It'll be a cool car, but it wont hold every single benchmark like Elon makes it sound.

Tesla will implode eventually. Their stock is valued as a tech company and they're fucking up. When VAG introduces a competitor in the audi, porsche and vw tesla is gone. Having a kia like interior in a 6 figure car? Wait until the mission e puts it in it's place, and then this stupid roadster. I feel sorry for the people that have invested in this company. Elon is a master salesman though.

im sorry, your car has go 0-60 in a minimum of 1.9 seconds and have a 250mph top speed to post in this thread

>The technology is not ready. The biggest sign is that a government subsidy is required on each vehicle purchase to level the playing field on cost. In addition to cost there are yet to be resolved downsides like charging time, charger availability, overall range, battery life and cold weather performance. In addition to that there is Tesla's unique brew of fuckups like build quality and over-complication.

Yep. Plus Tesla is losing $15k on every 3 sold, and more than anything we need a major advancement in battery tech before electric can really take off.

>ut do you think that this was just a "Hey, look over there!" tactic on Elon's part to take notice off of the "production hell" of the Model 3 to keep his financial backers confident?
The truck has been in the pipeline for a while
tesla.com/blog/master-plan-part-deux

The roadster is pure distraction

As much as I love some companies, if they can't deliver they can't compete.
As a /g/entleman I love the shit out of AMD, however when they consistently failed to deliver on Vega supply at a decent price I became disappointing.
For months we received hype videos, blind comparison tests, and promises.
As of now we STILL don't have aftermarket cards, and I find myself needing to recommend nVidia.
Failing to criticize a beloved company when they do something wrong only encourages the behavior.
If you want your heroes to be excellent, you must hold them to a standard of excellence otherwise they will collapse to mediocrity.

fuck you op. read the fucking article.
the cars were shipped without the seats and the navy because they were options that got installed at the distribution center.
>tfw everyone gets so riled over dealer installed options

Sorry, you have to have a car that's battery won't die in 3 years to post in this thread.

i like ev idea, but tesla wants muhh self driving so fuck the commie cunts

>Tesla is losing $15k on every 3 sold
[citation needed]