Yfw a Kia wins car of the year

>yfw a Kia wins car of the year

Germans on suicide watch

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/car-reviews/2017-audi-a4-vs-2016-bmw-3-series-which-is-better-255378
autoguide.com/car-comparisons/2017-audi-a4-vs-2017-bmw-330i
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>$33k for a base model Kia Stinger with a V6

>implying anybody ever pays sticker price for any korean car

>a single shitty car magazine thinks it is the best car of the year so it must be true

>yfw a person is shilling KIA on a Paraguayan Weaving Board with people too poor to actually own cars

lol 80k yuros

>should i buy a kia or a porsche

You guys have crazy import taxes on cars.

when putin is going to buy a kia instead of a mercedes then germans will worry till then kia should use the marketing scheme they used for this car on their other cars

You have no idea how far Alfa Romeo fanboys will go to piss off BMW faggots

gotta fund all this free healthcare and subsidies for people too lazy to work somehow

It's a finalist it didn't win.

the V6 is $39k

AYY LAMAYONNAISE

What won car of the year the last 3 years?

>people think motor trend is a serious news outlet even after they do this

The Chevy Bolt won last year. The Camaro won before that.

I can't remember anything beyond that unless it was a famous one like the Model S, GT-R, or Prius. Pretty much anything that generated a significant buzz at the time got COTY.

A twin turbo V6. Plus, it's an almost-luxury RWD sedan, what did you expect it to be, $12k?

It pays for your healthcare too retard.

is it just me or does the stinger interior look like a copy of the mercedes CLA?

We don’t need to go that far at all when the facts are lying in plain sight ;)

Literally owns the segment

>TFW retards pay 40-50 grand for upscale Volkswagen

>almost

this meme rank is pointless anyway, it's the sales figures that are speaking of themselves

>V6 still has more than 250 hp.

Motortrend is as much as a magazine as Top Gear instead of some Blog site.

>sales are what matter
>not track performance or driving characteristics

You’re grasping at straws right now man. The camaro has horrible sales figures compared to the Ford Mustang yet it’s a significantly better performance car in every metric....but I guess that means nothing since the mustang sells more v6 convertibles to high school girls and secretaries

Are they just in the pocket of GM at this point?

track performance does not matter for base modelsand if this rank was set by track performance and driving characteristics the bmw M4 would be #1, not behind the RS5

but it was made by germans

Look at how high they have the audisteer mobiles. You really think they gave a fuck about track performance and driving characteristics when they made those rankings?

Go read the reviews for the A4, it handles better and has better performance numbers. BMW is lagging behind because their cars have lost steering feel. Go test drive any non-M 3 series or 4 series, they drive like shit

That's all Koreans know how to do. Copy things.

post one review where they claim the A4 handles better than a BMW.
This is bullshit and you know it.

quote: ''Although we're impressed with the A4's 2.0-liter turbocharged engine and its 7-speed dual-clutch transmission, this one's a no-brainer: The 3 Series offers enthusiast-friendly rear-wheel drive, more power, more choices and better handling. If you want performance, you'll want the BMW.''
autotrader.com/car-reviews/2017-audi-a4-vs-2016-bmw-3-series-which-is-better-255378

>lost steering feel
>330i
>''Great steering and handling''
autoguide.com/car-comparisons/2017-audi-a4-vs-2017-bmw-330i

>Are they just in the pocket of GM at this point?

Probably. Looking at the history of MT's COTY, GM has won 5 of the last 10.

Stinger got raped in the car and driver review. Best they could come up with was you get 3/4 the car of tge competition for 7/8 tbe price.

Who the hell would pay 40 or 50k for a kia? Really.

>Spend the hot date you snagged with your quatrofromage on the side of a highway

Still worse than a Commodore

>2018 car of the year
>it's still 2017

HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN!!!

>meanwhile Toyota, Ford, Nissan, GM V6s are approaching 250kw

Gas yourself.

Give it credit now, im sure it is better than the sv6 commodore.

Yes, but the SV6 is also much cheaper

And the Kia is more expensive than an SS so can we compare it to a clubsport?

Except shitty engineering.

>$27k for a base model Toyota 86 with a boxer engine

Sounds like you didn’t read the review. They praise the Stinger left an right. And only say that it’s trans is the only thing that doesn’t live up to the German competitors. And that it isn’t a bad thing considering it’s $15k-$20k less than the German competitors.

Also, who would pay $40k-$50k for a luxury sports hatchback sedan designed by Peter Schreyer (lead designer of Audi) and Albert Biermann (chief engineer of BMW’s M division and father of the M)?

A lot of people.

> implying this isn’t already the 2018 model year for cars

Compare it to any Commadore you want, the Kia Stinger is getting a 2018 model year. Is the Commadore? Hmm.

>Germans on suicide watch
but they were the ones that designed it

If they wanted to do this they should have made it a Genesis. It makes no sense to push a $40k car under the Kia brand.

Sure it does make sense. Look at their motivations to make such a car:

Hire on two of the best German designers/engineers.

Want to build a sports sedan to rival the Germans.

Genesis is already known for luxury rather than sport.

Kia is only known for entry level cars and rental cars.

They want to build the namesake of Kia.

Go to do so? Make the Stinger a Kia.

They let Peter Schreyer and Albert Biermann have full control of the project and do whatever they want.

And boom, mission successful.

*How to do so?

I realized that it is physically impossible due to FACTS.

Ironically the best things in history are created by Germans that were booted from their national companies of career origin just so a foreign nation makes things that only germans would get jealous of later.

>$70k for a 300hp subaru 4 cylinder

They are now pushing the Genesis model as a luxury brand split from the core models.

And everyone is fucking pissed about it.

This. Albert Biermann and Korea bringing the heat.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say but, in case you're trying to say what I think you're trying to say;
>The 2GR-FSE is a 3.5L engine used in the Lexus IS, GS 350, Mark X and Crown and incorporates Toyota's latest D-4S twin injection fuel system
-2009 Toyota Mark X (GRX133, 318 PS (234 kW; 314 hp) and 38.7 kg·m (380 N·m; 280 lb·ft) at 4,800 RPM)

t. Never drove an Alfa Romeo.

The dashboard doesn't light up like a tree in an alfa, it's either 1 or 2 lights or the car is dead and nothing works. They are reliable if you know what oil does and you have actually put some into the engine (10 L / y since I change the filters twice a year). The red line is not where the pointer should be, nor is the transmission supposed to be thrown around like a toy.
You just don't know how to drive, that's the point.

t. Alfa 156 with 240000~ km

>2017
>not driving naturally aspirated vehicles

Not an argument mate.

>owning a low mileage italian vehicle

My uncle has a ducati ST4 with 80,000 miles on the clock. Zero problems and he doubled the valve adjustment interval for convenience. They tend more towards assembly and QC issues that show up early than major unreliability like eating the transmission after five years, exploding airbags, low quality metals leading to self-cracking frames, etc. Leave that shit to the japs and germans. The ones that survive the first owner are automotive gold.

>major unreliability like eating the transmission after five years
American car manufacturers are the undisputed world champs of garbage transmissions.

I'd love a lexus gsf but it's too pricey for me