Hey Veeky Forums this is my first time buying a car...

Hey Veeky Forums this is my first time buying a car, I cant decide whether or not its worth buying a new one if I have to finance part of it. I was wondering how you are supposed to haggle on price with cars these days. I read the sticky but are you able to haggle the price if you buy new? Alternatively, how much can you haggle on certified pre owned vehicles where you can reasonably assume there is nothing wrong with it? Pic related is of 2 cars Im looking at

Other urls found in this thread:

ford.com/performance/fiesta-st/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ugh your such a newfag.

If you spend over $7k on a Honda fit you failed.

If you need a hatchback that gets good gas mileage and isn't a complete bore and shit get this:

ford.com/performance/fiesta-st/

maybe he hates fun you colossal fagguette

I mean he is looking at fucking Honda fits so I guess he hates fun.

yes you can haggle on new cars and no the honda you are looking at is not worth 18k.

So what would you pay for it if you were buying it? What justification do you use to argue the price down?

First, I will educate myself on every car in the category I am looking at. For you it will be hatchbacks with good gas mileage and some space.

After doing this for a little bit, I will realize that the Honda fit is not a good value for what it offers and will look at alternatives such as the Civic SI hatch and maybe a Fiesta ST or Mazda 3 hatch. These cars offer similar gas mileage, similar interior space and provide fun factor which is important.

Bottom line, never buy an economy car new as there is no reason to do so. A 2 yr old used one will be worth 9-10k less and will offer the same features and warranty as a new one if you buy CPO

There is no reason to spend $18,000 on a Honda Fit when you can buy a similar car hat holds their value better, gets similar gas mileage and is tons more fun for 4-5k less. (i.e Civic Si hatch, Fiesta ST)

How much do you think I could get this price down? this is a lot cooler looking but that price is not really doable

Just a heads up the Sport is just extra eye candy. Its not actually more sporty than the other one. Just get the LX.

They are already knocking 3k off. It probably wont get much better than that m8.

>CVT
REEE.webm

First off try actually reading the post you're replying to and absorbing what he's said.

If OP is just looking for a hatchback to DD and doesn't give a fuck about hooning then he would have colossally retarded to not buy a Fit. Its like the gold standard of hatchbacks and worth the price.

You could follow this advice as well. The op and responses seem to focus on the practice of haggling and how to go about it. Only one response in the thread attempts to respond to that. In this post ,
The op then responds with one of the models that was recommended, asking again how to go about negotiating price. The op is definitely ignorant, but so are the majority of the responders.

Use TrueCar for new car haggling. Also keep in mind that "invoice" is before holdback, meaning that while the dealership does "owe" the invoice amount on the car, they are getting forgiven a small portion of it when it is time to pay the manufacturer.

is there a source for used car haggling?

You can buy a 350hp corvette for the price of those cuck boxes.

p.s.

The holdback is often increased with volume, so bigger dealers can usually go a couple hundred lower than small dealers because they make it up in volume targets.

Buying new is obviously more expensive than a CPO but you get better rates, down payment deals, warranties, or rebates new. Haggling can be done because you should never pay more than MSRP and sticker prices are usually around there. Don’t expect to take off any more than $1000 or so. Shop around at different dealerships and be willing to travel for the right price of the exact vehicle you want. Also if you finance a vehicle get that fucking gap insurance and the best warranty you can

Yes a 20 year old vette

TrueCar also has estimates on late model year cars, but other than that you will have to do your own market research to determine a fair price. Following that, you can still haggle, but within reason. A used car has fatter profit margins for a dealer (I used to sell cars and the used end was the bulk of my commissions). For used car haggling, convince yourself of a price you would be willing to pay OTD (out the door) and stick to it. If the dealer isn't willing, don't hesitate to leave.

You might notice dealers like to keep you from leaving. That's to increase pressure to buy. But that's a two sided sword, the customer can also negotiate often by being stubborn on a price, and if the dealer can make a profit, sooner or later they will agree. But don't go asking 50% off on a relatively new economy car, they can and will find a willing buyer eventually.

If you are able to pay for a used car without financing, can you haggle down more than 1000$?

What's up with this board and Honda Fits?
Why are you ready to blow at least 15k on a glorified shitbox? Get something cool you dweeb. My mom would buy a cooler car than a Fit with 15k

any recs?

I would also like to know the answer to this

C5 corvette

>EX
>not the sport

nah dude.

just fix your current car or buy a civic for 3k. Spending 14-18k on an econobox is retarded.