obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/amGksQ
bela.itch.io/blob
youtube.com/watch?v=O3RsDIWB7s0#t=2m04s
youtube.com/watch?v=mRZCY0pMC9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there a more optimized way to calculate where the y should be on a tile slope?

For ascending-right slopes (that are 45 degrees), I have been using:

y = (ty*v) + ( v - ( ox - (tx*u) ) );

For ascending-left slopes (that are 45 degrees), I have been using:

y = (ty*u) + ( ox - (tx*v) ) * ( v / u );

This is what the following stuff means:
>ox: the bottom corner on the front side of the direction entity is moving
>tx: tile column
>ty: tile row
>u: tile width
>v: tile height (both u and v are 16 in this case)

They work, for their corresponding sides, and i've been playing around and haven't encountered any problems.

What I would like to do later is center the entity along the slope, so ox would become the entities x + w/2 in both scenarios; it works, but i've encountered an issue where it collides with solid tiles underneath it. The thing I have thought of doing is creating a world box that doesn't sink into the slope, and then its a simple offset from there.

I have two (45 degree) ramps that are descending left or right, and I have yet to find or come up with a formula that works for those. Is there a better formula I can use that applies to all ramps, with all the variables I have so far?

We don't deserve a new thread

We don't deserve Bokudev

>Started writing story and dialogues
>Now my game not only looks but also feels like barbie game with ponies for little girls.
Kill me.

Why did you do it bokube? I was fucking happy for you, I knew you were going to be kickstarted and prove the haters wrong, and you did. I knew you were a good dev I watched you dev livestreaming, I wanted to see you succeed.

Then you go and fucking do this. It's not like you're killing kittens but you're serving a big fuck you to your backers and ignoring agdg when this time it is 100% for your best interest telling you to stop.

This is worse than the trump tweets. You posted fucking progress on another game already tied to you, you retard, this isn't like the FPS, people know for sure that it's you and your game and you posted it when you're supposed to be focusing 100% on boku.

You fucker.

so are you like into children or what?

But that sounds awesome user.

>Makes games with little girl protagonist dressed in pink
>Gets surprised when the result is super gay

WHAT WERE YOU EVEN EXPECTING

Not fully finished yet but I'd love to get some feedback before I wrap it up and move onto something else.

This. It's a shit storm in the brewing and it's already too late to stop it.

I'm in...

Install godot on the nearest computer you can get onto without being seen.

who is the lardass reflected on the door?

godspeed

what's wrong with games for little girls?

Oooh, that's looking super comfy. I like it.
The polka dot background scrolls, right?

reposting in case anybody didn't see it

Anyone here has made multiplayer games with Unity?
Can someone tell me if their 20 CCU limitation is on a game basis or on an account basis?

Circular strafing !

Listen here you nigger I have better fucking skills than anyone here, I can make two, three fucking games at once and STILL release bokube this year still, I'm showing you faggots the chameleon game because I wont be showing it to the backers until bokube is done and released you fucking pieces of trash are too retarded to even realize this. You're memes are nigger reddit tier filth.

Reddit gave me all the money none of you black devs did. WHen I release bokube later this year while still posting new games here the entire time please eat a dick and apologize. Save this post niggers. I am a beautiful fag who will prove you wrong. Just like how you retarded peices of filth said I wouldnt make any money on kickstarter hold your fucking breath retard

Looks too generic for my taste but still very good overall with nice balance. Also big plus for descent non-uberpixelized fonts.

That's one clever AI, that maneuver would throw me for a loop.

per server etc.

Um... it wasn't supposed to be?

t.not bokudev

Hey sourcefam

HE DOESN'T EVEN WALK
HE'S JUST WOBBLING
WHAT THE FUCK
AND THE SHADOW IS STILL OVERLAPPING

> I'm showing you faggots the chameleon game because I wont be showing it to the backers until bokube is done and released
Why?

Also brb posting this screencap on your twitter ;^)

do the mechs shoot those spines at each other?

>tfw actually thought this was an impersonator at first
We are reaching peak ments fellas. I can feel it.

I thought AI pathing for UE4 didn't support aerial AI?

Which means..?

Yeah but WHY aren't you working on bokube?

Is it a muslim woman simulator?

>he really acts like this
Jesus, dude
At least try to be funny about it.

>muh character
the webm is too large, you won't be able to tell when it's at normal size
>AND THE SHADOW IS STILL OVERLAPPING
because it's a sprite and not drawn on the shadow layer because drawing on the shadow layer is permanent
anything's possible

i dont think this is the actual dev of the webm but ill respond to it like normal progress anyway

this is another place where the tongue spinning mechanic looks strange but if the player movement was preceded by a jump and a little bit of deceleration was added i think it would look fine

maybe pushing with the tongue could look better too with some acceleration on the player

I'm probably going to use it for one specific enemy or a boss, it's pretty fun.

They're raycasts.

It doesn't. I'm just using tricks. And it's still incomplete.

>Reddit gave me all the money none of you black devs did. WHen I release bokube later this year while still posting new games here the entire time please eat a dick and apologize. Save this post niggers. I am a beautiful fag who will prove you wrong. Just like how you retarded peices of filth said I wouldnt make any money on kickstarter hold your fucking breath retard
EvaXephon?

I hope so, because that means he's going to leave soon.

>he thinks he's going to be funded again after this
kek
Enjoy paying for 80% of your next kickstarter.

think of it like how in counterstrike a server can only support 32 players but there are many servers

looking better and better

keep object shadows in the todo list. Everything's shaping up!

fuck you they were better when they were spines

I don't play autism games

>It doesn't. I'm just using tricks. And it's still incomplete.
Oh well it seems like its working so far. You are building it off the default Behavior Tree system though? Wasn't sure if going 100% custom would be easier for aerial AI.

>tfw if you make it here in agdg even 5k angry shitposters will pose as you.

>REPOSTING G-GUYS REPOSTING IN CASE YOU DIDN'T SEE 10 MINUTES AGO
>FIRST POST
There's no fucking way you aren't rotate.

Oh wow the discord fuckboi club is feeling funny today.

And to think, I was actually considering supporting you...

You need to grow up and come down from your pedestal before someone knocks your teeth in.

Boku deserves literally all of it. He's fleecing kickstarter.

then think of how a ricochet server could only support 32 players

hey can I get a discord invite?

i posted the last webm like 7 hours ago

Still don't get it.

And you got plenty of (You)s, rotate. Now fuck off and start making a game instead of poking at nothing with trivial changes and demanding 30 feedback posts. Fucking leech.

Why would you shoot your spine out, they're mechas fighting, not tetraplegics.
Plus I'll be focusing on weapons later

I have no idea how to do that with behavior trees so it's just one big plate of spaghetti right now.

>trivial changes
it wasn't trivial to implement my unique custom shader

>tfw no discord invite to shitpost with AGDG thread celebrities, and then later post about our discord conversations in the thread

how about quake then

to kill the other mecha you neanderthal

Thanks! The background scrolls diagonally and will change color when you move to a new world.

Fair enough! Thank you. I'm finding it a bit difficult to make the first world look accessible and while also not making it look too boring. I've got creative ideas for the the rest of the worlds but I'd like to keep the first world kind of simple. I'll keep at it to see if I can find a nice balance for the first world.

Everything you have posted is trivial especially considering how much samefagging and arguing you do for every piece of nothing progress. Make a game. And make an original character instead of ripping off rotatevanias MC.

kill yourself

>make an original character instead of ripping off rotatevanias MC.
they look nothing alike
why so negative

BokuDev - Today at 12:54 PM
I know but I miss feedback
when I was a whodev
I miss being a whodev

I highly recommend going back to denying that you're rotatedev. Being reminded that you are here is just a gross feeling.

Okay maybe I get it. But how many servers can you use for free with Unity?

discord.gg/amGksQ

>I miss not having responsibility because adults gave me $5,000

If the lowest resolution my game supports is 1280x720 how bad am I fucking up?

>throws in the word custom like an engie thinking it adds weight to his game or something
You never changed, Blake. Fuck off again.

Have any of you used Golem to render your projects?

It's cheap and the new GUI just came out so it's easy.

stop posting

Should I use Checkboxes in Unreal Engine? I'm making a skill tree, but what if I want to make perks reselectable?

It is him.

>dev posts progress
>suddenly nodevs start frothing a the mouth posting about their boogeyman from yesteryear

t. Blake getting increasingly nervous
You were hardly even mentioned, Blake.

>Williamson
That's a pedo name

>rotate tried to come back as another dev got caught denied for like 2 months now just accepts that we know it's him
>boku got kickstarted and is now shitting it all away
This is a fun summer.

MY GAME WILL BE FUN!

bela.itch.io/blob

Since the latest public build I added custom physics, because box2d was a shit.

Picture is a result of my physics engine simulation. Link is proof that I replicate the real world. Same domain wall errors and point errors. I'm using the same math as the Universe. Isn't it exciting?

youtube.com/watch?v=O3RsDIWB7s0#t=2m04s

>unique custom
buzzwords much?

Post pics rotate dev.

You are so cute!

cute

youre dumb if you think thats actually boku

i am literally not rotate

youtube.com/watch?v=mRZCY0pMC9s

my youtube account is like 4 years old

before or after :3

Not really, you just made a deterministic simulation

Yeah your youtube with 2 month old video is more convincing to me than your behavior for the past 3 months and everything else you convinced me I better just forget about this whole thing thanks rotate

>replying to everyone even though not every post was about rotate
The more stupid attention whoring shit you do like this the more obvious it is you.

literally one post wasn't about rotate

literally stop lying all the time and literally you will stop being literally exposed
scrap this game and try again retard

I don't want to say Boku deserves this, but the persona he chose certainly doesn't help. Boku has ALWAYS acted like an attention-seeking faggot.

Shitposters didn't latch onto monolithdevs. It would be trivial to ruin their near 100% reviews, but no one has.

Whichever one of you is rotate, post pics. Before or after, I don't mind. I think both are cute! CUTE!

If you post pics no one will bully you anymore, because no one bullies QTs

Start dropping the N-Bomb enough in chat and it's real easy for people to impersonate you being a shitlord, that's what he's dealing with now.

Just checked out the video, looks interesting.
I downloaded the zip but it's only a windows exe, you marked it as macOS and Linux as well, maybe you want to correct that.
I'll try to run it with wine later today.
Cheers

Don't even fucking think about doing something like that, ruining somebody's good name just for the lulz.

This is a community and we should support each other. Childish behaviour like that is unacceptable.

Stuff looks like such shit in the beginning. It's really a psychological gut punch when room look bare and shitty.

Nobody is impersonating Bokube posting those progress posts to other games that he shouldn't be working on.

In that regard, he fucked himself and agdg is free to shitpost and impersonate him all they want, they can't possibly do anymore damage.

Spell system basics are in.

Spells are cast by combining magick runes together. (Currently they do nothing).

Pressing SHIFT opens the magic runes, and the runes (up to 3) are selected with up (W), left (A) and right (D). Relesing SHIFT casts the spell.

Presing SHIFT makes the player immobile (because selecting the runes is done with the direction buttons), but also slows down time for the duration of the casting (thank god (which is me) for implementing Delta timing).

Also testing out a mana bar for spells, might not end up keeping it. Other plans include a wieldable wand / staff you can bind spells to (pressing DOWN while casting would bind the current spell to the staff, and using the staff would enable the player to cast the spell without combining the runes).

Other progress includes (but not limited to):
>Better trees
>A shitty bat enemy
>A fuckton of optimizing

>tfw staring at my project with much dread