What are the pros and cons of owning a manual hatchback as a DD? Are they good first manual cars...

What are the pros and cons of owning a manual hatchback as a DD? Are they good first manual cars? I'm thinking about saving around 3k and getting a celica, maybe even a GTS but I've heard the GTS tend to have serious tranny issues, either way how are these cars?

Also are they as slow as they seem on paper? Not just the celica but hatches in general. If so what would be the best ones to get acceleration wise? I definitely want to get able to get to 60 in a somewhat decent amount of time. Which ones can be modded for better 0-60 if need be?

There's shitloads of different hatchbacks, therefore they have different levels of performance, you dumbass

>hurr 0-60
You know nothing

That's a coupe.

My Protégé5 is gud, wouldbuyagain/10

I'm kinda confused here.
There's shittons of different hatchbacks out there...

You dumb shit.
Hatchbacks are about as practical as a car can possibly get.
Also, if you want something quick enough to have fun with on the road, look into hot hatches like the Golf GTI and Focus ST, etc..

My only complaint with DDing a manual is when I have to crawl uphill.
DESU I'd rather have fun when there is no traffic and deal with the shittiness when there is than DD an automatic again.

Oh look, the 0-60 is not important argument again. You must be one of those morons that loves getting onto the interstate at 30mph
No it's not?
I'm considering all kinds, but I'm just not sure which one to get
Yeah I'm getting really sick of driving an auto personally. I learned how to drive stick with a tractor trailer and I've been wanting a manual car ever since

It might have a hatch, but it's not one.

If you can get to 60 in under 15 seconds like many hatchbacks can then that is enough

0 to 60 isn't important because you don't get on to a highway starting at 0 and you probably don't end at 60. Here in Canada I'd do more like 60kmh to 110kmh before a merge. Maybe that's around 30 to 65?

You don't need sub-15s 1/4 mile times to make it up a hill or merge on the highway.
OP, get a Civic hatch and call it a day.

But that's a lift back you fucking idiot

ITS A FUCKING HATCH YOU FUCKING IDIOT FUCK OFF

>pros

fun as fuck, better handling supposedly

>cons

have fun in cities like nyc, having to stop everywhere you go

In those situations, is it better to leave it in first gear or no? I actually live near nyc lol

if you like having to redline everywhere, killing gas mileage and getting nasty looks from bystanders, yeah

>My only complaint with DDing a manual is when I have to crawl uphill.
Git gud with that clutch or is that your fatass feet is getting tired when pressing the clutch gently?
LOL

I own a Pontiac Vibe with a manual transmission, same thing as a Toyota Matrix, it's a pretty nice compact hatch

>Pros
-Good gas mileage
-Seats fold flat in rear for storage space
-Good clearance for gravel roads, camping, etc
-Manual transmission is nice because you control the shift points to maximize either power or efficiency

>Cons
-Low power (1.8 L motor)
-Not the most comfortable ride (compact car with stiff suspension)
-Manual sucks in stop and go traffic, luckily I live in low population area so not a lot of traffic

At what point does it get close to redline in 1st? Especially with a car like the GTS that has a 8k redline. I'm guessing around 15-20mph?

Drove through NYC yesterday never getting out of 1st or 2nd. It's not that bad, people on this board are just fucking pussies.

Waaah I need to use both my legs. This board equates driving stick to being an actual pro racecar driver.

I taught my 16 year old sister stick in 20 minutes today.

this. Driving a stick isn't hard. Veeky Forums acts like their manual Geo Metro is a performance car. I like to drive manual, I have an old Maxima with a stick shift, but my main car is a modern 7 speed auto transmission that accelerates faster and is more gas efficient than the standard option.

My Celica GTS goes from 0-60 in 6 seconds I've gotten 5.5 too you have to learn to stay in lift . I have no mods

Buy a fucking Honda Civic you retard

Is the transmission for the gts as bad as people say? Any major issues in general?

Its a quick car, the 2zz is a great little engine. That being said it was always hyped as a honda killer. My old integra GSR stock except for intake and exhaust would walk my friends GT-S no problem. Then again my gsr would walk most k20 civic SI's and stay right next to type S all day.

If you have to ask about a manuel for DD, don't do it. Fucking numales.

That is the dumbest shit i have ever fucking heard in my life

bump

thanks for the tip soyboy.

Is the GT just as good as the GTS or no? The GTS seems like it's really rare, almost more so than it's worth looking pursing but I'd love to own one