This is my car. It's reliable but boring as fuck

This is my car. It's reliable but boring as fuck.

I want to stop driving a grannymobile but I don't want to give up reliability.

Is there anything in this century that isn't a piece of shit?

Get the version of it that has a little wing on the back to get a sporty one.

Mine has that actually lol. I just downloaded the first gold 99 camry photo I could find. I even have the aluminum rims.

It's just boring. But I don't wanna give up its reliability.

These were actually sold as Corollas over here :/

Buy a well maintained 90's lexus then, OP.

Most cheap Jap sports car like a miata, type R, or 86 will be reliable. A wrx is good too but slightly less reliable.

You could always get a newish Accord or Camry v6 if you don't care about handling. It doesnt get more reliable than these, and insurance is cheap aswell.

I've had a 97 since highschool. Perfect for banging girls in the back and getting pulled over doing 70 km/h over the limit. Considering it's now just my winter beater I still love the thing to death.

Any particular recommendation?

Toyota Tacoma and shut up.

LS400/SC400

Just buy an unreliable sports car and keep the Camry

You don't know how good you have it.

An is300 or SC300 is good too.

The IS300 is trash, ignore it. Especially the manuals.

If you can find an sn95 or s197 mustang gt that hasn't been beat to shit, they are pretty reliable.

Drawbacks are theyre pretty slow compared to their GM counterparts, and the nonstop cascade of memes and jokes but fuck the haters.

6 speed Acura CL Type S. I have one and so far it's been really reliable but it still has enough power to be kind of fun.

I don't get the boring part, looks fine to me, and it's probably the best generation of Camry. Used to own a 98, never had an issue with it:

Yeah I've had my 99 for about 6 years. Barely has 125k.and you are right I haven't had any issues either. Idk I just want a change is all but it seems like in comparison most other cars are shit and I'm trying to find another gem so to speak

Mine is 98, gotta change the cam seal and i cleaned out the throttle body but other than that shes been a workhorse

Yeah I changed the cam seal last year after finding oil by the transmission speed sensor. Took me a minute to figure out where the oil was coming from because the coil pack bracket blocked me from seeing the leaking bugger

I have the same car now, the car is very comfy for long rides. The best thing to do is give it a wash every week. People will be like wtf its pretty old yet its so clean.

rice it
work on the internals a bit. I don't know much about a camry but I know you don't need to do a ton to make a car turbo ready

Mine is a green 97, 413k miles and runs absolutely fine, these truly were the best generation of camrys, godmachines.