Poor people of Veeky Forums still unironically defend the power of gasoline cars but hey at least it's not botnet and...

Poor people of Veeky Forums still unironically defend the power of gasoline cars but hey at least it's not botnet and you can modify it freely.

>left
>doesn't exist

>right
>exists

the roadster wont come out for another 5 years. and when it does all these stats will be way off

2020 ain't 5 years away

you're laughably retarded if you think the roadster will come out before 2022. and even that estimate is a stretch

>he thinks 0-60 matters
>not 60-150

Stop feeling the shill

And where exactly did we get these numbers from , OP?

Official manufacturer specs

>implying by the time the roadster comes out (like 2029, if that) it won't be BTFO by the next generation of Buggi Negron

I build a car in my garage that beats the land speed record
No u can't see it

probably right. Like always Musk is late.
And you won't be able to push those statistics for long because batteries are not capable to discharge at such fast rate for long times + they are batteries they kinda just naturallydeplete

>posting irrelevant pooghatti

Hello Hennessey

You can modify EVs too. Reprogramming, suspension upgrades, aero upgrades, etc. Once the aftermarket sector catches up with the market and once EVs become more commonplace expect to see a lot more battery swaps, motor swaps, etc. They used to say that you couldn't modify digital fuel injectors, yet look at all the things you can do today.

How can gasoline even compete?

With a V8

genuine not-poorfag here (my tax return and w-2 are not representative of my total wealth, as they should be) i wouldn't buy an electric supercar until there's more competition and these cars have a longer pedigree. a car is an investment like anything else.

>ITT petrol cucks clinging to the old paradigm

>a car is an investment like anything else.
How retarded can a person be

from your comment apparently retarded enough to think otherwise.

/thread

Mostly by not being numb, boring pieces of shit that handle like scum barges.

>seventy five cents for a fucking banana
U S of A

LMAO @ ur life. The first Tesla Roadster was 2008 and it was a limited production deal with Lotus that put them on the map. Ironically this was real performance. Having 10k torque in the wheels does not mean it's fast when the car can literally spin in place with all of that lost traction, that is if it's motor and battery can even reach 600 miles with that much power.

If you want a heads up, the first NA Model 3 is said to be 2019 after left side has been started in 2018.

Top speed and raw acceleration are kind of boring

It's a very useless measurement of speed that only applies to idealized conditions

If you're going to benchrace, compare lap times of stock cars, and the racing heritage of modified production cars because those are what you can actually achieve and represent characteristics that affect your daily drive within 10 miles per hour of the speed limit.

>inb4 i stop accelerating at 60
You know how cops will still arrest you for "street racing" if you and a friend see who can reach 30 first in front of your parent's houses? Doing a WOT run in a high end speed machine will get you pulled over all the same.

Gascucks are permanently BTFO, claiming gasoline cars are "something that you can modify freely" while all you fucks do is drop an engine from one car to another.

With CNC and some coiling work, you can actually make your own electric motor, lets see you fucks fabricate your own engine.

And it doesn't stop there, there are many open-source DC motor controller designs out there, so it would also be possible to make your own controller, basically the only thing that you can't make your own are the batteries themselves, I'm sure there are charger designs out there as well.

Electric cars will allow for more customization than ever before, even with Tesla making it hard as fuck using parts from them in other EV vehicles.

>200 lb-ft @0 rpm

how is rotational force working if theirs no rotation?

>price comparison
Why would someone who’s buying a Bugatti care about the price?
Also, where’s the interior comparison?

Yeah people have been making homemade EVs for several decades now

They're always heavier than modern high efficiency ICEs if they match them in power output. The tech isn't ready for racecars and sportbikes, just family sedans that never travel more than 100 miles in a round trip.

it's putting out more force when it's attempting to move a load, before the load actually begins moving

>electric motor:
>starts up
>flinging around 2,000lbs of shit in less than a second
>gas motor
>starts up
>revs up
>now you slooowly engage the clutch....

By the time the "roadster" (having a removable targa does not make a car a roadster, Elon, you fucking nonce) Boogadey will probably have come out with the new Atlantic they've been taling about and it'll blow the "roadster" out of the water while not being an electric car for numales.

Ok. Obviously the Tesla fanboys and the fact that normies now “know cars” is annoying at the least.

But for fucks sake; just, for one second, stop thinking about Elon and think of what cars like this MEAN.

Will an EV be easy to work on? No. Will it ever sound as good as a classic V12? Absolutely not. Is it hard to build a bond with a car that obsoletes a lot of what you love about cars in the first place? Yes.

But ffs just think about it for one fucking second.

Within our grasp, within the next ten years, the next time you might have money for a car, you might be able to buy a regular priced sports car that has better performance than a fucking HYPER CAR in our generation. Not as good as. Better. Not a super car. Hyper car, as in best in the world.With cheap batteries and good supply chains from companies like Toyota, that shit is very very possible.

Imagine being able to buy a Honda Civic EV that nears a 2 second 0-60 and imagine how fucking fun that would be to drive. And it doesn’t mean you can’t mod your car or do a lot of what you like to do with it; it’s still going to need maintenance, you can still put a lot of mods in to improve performance(handling, braking, etc.)

I mean fuck, I like turbos but I also like the idea of never having to fucking buy another one again because my car already comes stock with all the speed that it will ever need and then some.

where the fuck are you paying 75 cents for a banana?
i live in the US and the state im in only charges like 39 cents a pound.

I love the name "Roadster". It's humorously simple, like "Semi". I wonder if the new pickup is going to be called "Pickup".

EVs are the ultimate un consumer-cuck culture:

>motor fails
Buy new car
>battery fails
Buy new car
>brakes fail, being expensive regenerative items
Buy new car

The reason ICEs are superior to EVs are their reliability and longevity. An engine with a reasonably catastrophic failure (valve strike, con rod failure...) can be rebuilt for a fraction of the cost of a new unit.

If I want more power, reliability or longevity out of my ICE I can open it up myself and do so with hand tools. What can I do when an electric motor fucks up? Sit there rewinding stators?

Why would you buy a new e-car if you can fix it?

The fact that parts aren't available for Tesla stuff doesn't make EV's shit.

Give it some time and you'll find various aftermarket parts (batteries, controllers, motors) for sale.

I genuinely doubt it.

Already pattern parts aren't as abundant for modern cars, widespread EVs will spell the end of driveway mechanics.

>making Bugatti the benchmark for everything performance related
When will this meme end?

The electric motor handles regeneration, not the friction brakes.

>The reason ICEs are superior to EVs are their reliability and longevity. An engine with a reasonably catastrophic failure (valve strike, con rod failure...) can be rebuilt for a fraction of the cost of a new unit.

You claim that an ICEVs are more reliable than EVs because they're easier to fix, but you're not accounting for the rate at which ICEVs fail in comparison to EVs.

Electric cars don't vroom so i don't want one

It is true OP, lot's of soybois get mad at this fact

That's why I like them. :)

You delete this post right fucking now justin

>motor fails
Rebuild motor
>battery fails
Rebuild battery
The brakes are identical to brakes on any other car. The regenerative braking is done by the motor

Electric cars can be worked on just like anything else. People have been doing Prius module replacements from day one. People will be rebuilding Tesla packs and drive units too. The only reason it isn't common already is Tesla has an 8 year infinite mile warranty on the pack and drivetrain so the only cars getting tinkered with are wrecks.

They've made functional Roadsters already retard

i have a question

can you recharge a tesla in the same time it takes to refuel a car? that's my main gripe with them

i have a question

can you plug a gasoline car into your house and have a full tank every morning for $3? that's my main gripe with them

but i don't need to refuel it for hours at a time

>defending electric cars
>calling others soybois

pic is most certainly related

SAVAGE!

>pic related

nope, I am not an americuck soyboi

>mid engine
>rear or all wheel drive
>supercharged

>10.000 nm of torque on the wheels from the "official spec sheet"
just from that spec alone we can see that they are over selling it
that number is huge and looks good on a sheet of paper, but its meaningless, it just means they will use some kind of gearbox.

Functional as an attraction at the Burning man festival but if you don't want an electric powered chimney as your car it was fucking garbage

not even poor, but 100,000 dollars would buy me as many 3k civics, oil, gas, brakes, rotors, you name it for the rest of my life and then some. it doesn't make sense to spend that much money on a car.

Difference is that even though it’s $3.000.000,00, I’m closer to buying the Bugatti than the Tesla because it’s actually on sale.

The Previa was a gem of a minivan. highly underrated and getting to be quite rare.

>Job makes me wanna KMS, trying to find better suited career.
>Mechanically minded, enjoy working with my hands.
>My only proffitable passion is a technology which is about to become obsolete.

This. 0-60 doesn't matter in a fucking top end roadster.

That's harsh...

At least give em a go at the V6s first!

No, but at the same time I don't have to dick around with charging for a few hours or even forgetting all together and then being fucked.

I'll stick with petrol and diesel until they make a decent electric car made for those who don't just have to drive to their stupid hairstylist or receptionist job a few miles down the road.

>technology becoming obsolete

user, please look up the definition of technology.

>a technology
not technology in general you mong

how mad will auto "enthusiasts" be when EV wins La Mans ?

>gearbox
wow what a revolutionary technology I don't think a car has ever done that before

fucking idiot both of them use gearboxes

The Mans what?
Talk american, Frenchy

The man's not hot

Dude can you imagine what it would be like if everyone on the road has a sub 2 second 0-60? It'd be fucking chaos.

I've yet to see a single Tesla accelerate remotely quick. They all got dat range anxiety.

That's kinda irrelevant to my post but whatever

lol youtube Tesla Racing Channel gtfo

It's organic, much better than a regular banana and more eco friendly.

>Will an EV be easy to work on? No
Electric motors require almost no maintenance. The rest of the car will be pretty much the same.

It's "Le Mans" in French.
And it will never happen before a century. "Les 24 heures du Mans" are literally a stamina race.
You may have an 1200 hp car, if the engine overheats after 3 hours, you will fail.
And stamina is the main (from an engineer point of view) problem of electric cars.

Not if it actually has a suspension

Bushings wear out pretty quick if you track your car, but these are EVs we're talking about. Nobody wants to track a 4000lb vehicle that experiences noticeable powerplant degradation after a handful of launches.

ICEs might get fucked up from race use but it's more like your compression goes down ever so slightly or you get some bearing issues after a whole fucking season

Adapting the fuel rule for EVs will be difficult. Will they limit battery capacity ? Because the only way to quickly recharge an EV is to swap the batteries.

This desu

>It's "Le Mans" in French
"La Mans" is?
Fascinating.

Lmaoing at the lives of all these salty oilcucks, keep on being proud of funding garbage dictatorial arab states and their efforts to fund international terrorism.

Don't forget all of our long oil positions.

>Poor
>3 million car compared to a $200k shit box

It's not that I hate electric vehicles, the Chevy bolt is pretty cool. I just don't like how that musk dude hypes everything into the stratosphere and consistently under delivers.

I wouldn't think about buying an EV unless somehow you could completely charge it (with a reasonable range) in the time it takes to fill up my truck, or have a jerrycan equivalent battery pack or something.

Plus, I'd probably be paranoid of running out of power, enough to carry around a gas generator everywhere I went.

the bugatti is still a 16 cylinder meme machine
at least go with the agera.

>1.9 wont be achieved with stock tires
>250+ isnt that impressive anymore, every super car does that, Koenigsegg is getting pretty close to 300mph, they hit 284 on a flat track.
>The range seems unlikely given current battery tech, that's a huge fucking lion array and a lot of weight
>The seating in the back of the roaster is laughably small, that being said you don't buy one of these to drive around multiple other people.
>Chiron (or Koenigsegg Agera if you want to go that route) you can purchase today, as opposed to the roadster which hasnt actually proven it's not vapor yet

is this Teslut's best argument

>200k

try again, they put more than that as just a down payment to reserve a spot to pay for the car in full in the future if it ever exists which it won't.

The original roadster is slow, does not have 4 seats, costs a ton, is even more unreliable than the S and X, and isn't currently made.

Both are faggot cars, who cares

Gas station bananas.

False. The down payment was $50k and msrp will be about $250k.

Sour grapes eh?

>620mi
>pulling those stats
i highly doubt it
a few hard starts and it's probably more like 150

same for the chiron but at least they're honest with their starting figure

>regenerative items

I hope you are just trolling and not genuinely that dumb. Holy shit.

>a bazillion jiggawatts of power!
>a battery with maybe 100 kW/h
>range 600 miles

yeah no

>left
car you can't buy

>right
car currently for sale

when the first post is also the best post and no further discussion is required.txt