youtube.com/watch?v=AvwDNGjEp7A

>Return to Arcadia Bay:
youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017
Episode 2 − ''?'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''?'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13333675
strawpoll.me/13333690
strawpoll.me/13186941

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
comiccon2017.sched.com/event/BP8E/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-developer-showcase
wrh.noaa.gov/pqr/aumsville.php
abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/small-oregon-town-cleans-f2-tornado-strikes-12400565
youtube.com/watch?v=PuCwhyjWVLw
twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/885182976115560449
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Twelve seconds!
Darn you, Kate. ( :P )

RIP Amberprice

>This booty be precious, says I!

is this a bot or a very dedicated person?

Chloe is #1

Max's power and love for Chloe literally broke the last thread.
>251 images

the latter

It never really had a chance, no offense to Rachel.
Chloe always loved Max and Rachel didn't love Chloe back. Amberprice will always just be a Santa Monica Dream.
A 'what if?' that lives in part of Chloe's head but that she knows would never have worked out. Besides, I think Rachel knew where Chloe's feelings really were.

So, Chloe was to Rachel what Warren is to Max?

It's gotta be the latter, because a few days ago when the thread died to spam it wasn't posted for a while

Chloe is a CUTE!

WHAT DID CHLOE MEAN BY THIS

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

Wanted

I think that's really over simplifying it.
Warren and Max were only friends for a month and weren't super close. Max also seemed slightly oblivious to what Warren wanted.
Rachel and Chloe were friends for years and very close, to the point they discussed a possible future together in LA.
Maybe for a time Rachel did think of returning Chloe's feelings but you can't force yourself to love someone.
Overall, I think what we will see Chloe and Rachel had will be unlike what any other character have had so far. A close bond that both heals and damages at the same time.

Max n' cheez!

Rachel and Chloe raising hell together will be a lot of fun.
But it won't replace what Max is to Chloe and the future they have together. The prequel is essentially an elongated flashback or story told through Chloe's eyes.

pricefield birbs

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

I fucking hate sparrows

()
Thank you for your continued dedication. It really makes /lisg/ feel like home.

Reminder that cuteposting Pricefield is good for the soul

Why?

>Don't look so sad, I'm never leaving you

>unless the plot tells me to

so i just finished this game the other night and it's left me feeling...weird

like sad, and nostalgic, but at the same time happy for the characters, i was more emotionally invested in it than i thought i would get

idk man, i guess it just struck a really tender nerve for me. I loved the game

they're annoying

which ending did you pick?

Welcome!

Please don't answer which ending you chose and let yourself get pulled into an argument.

It's lame that it's always the first and only thing people want to talk about. There's so much more to the game.

I saved Chloe, because i felt like Max wouldn't be happy without her. Do you know how many timelines Max jumped through to save her girl's life? Too many. i'm glad they're together

i'm secure enough in my choices that i'm not going to argue about it. I know everyone picked their own choices for their own reasons

>I saved Chloe

>I saved Chloe

I understand your reasons.

You did the right thing, user.

>tfw rushed the game and chose Bay originally cuz muh morals.
I wish I could turn back in time...

>NEVER
>LEAVING
|>:(

Unfortunately the endings still divide people and I hate to say it, but if you don't like Chloe/didn't save her, then you are probably not going to enjoy /lisg/. Not unless you're looking for tons of posts about a Pricefield future or debates using a very unique way of thinking that exists only here.
/lisg/ is definitely not for everyone and there's nothing wrong with that.

comiccon2017.sched.com/event/BP8E/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-developer-showcase

>Host Andrea Rene of What's Good Games will be joined by the key creative minds behind the latest addition in the award-winning and critically acclaimed Life Is Strange series and will reveal new information and insights about their game. The audience will enjoy an interactive experience as the developers will be playing the game live for the first time, you will get a chance to help steer the action and make key choices and ask them questions in an open Q&A.

Welcome. Now enjoy learning about all the gaps in the writing, learning why letting Chloe die logically wouldn't fix a thing, seeing just how dedicated Max is, and realizing that the storm really wasn't that bad and didn't kill even close to everyone.

I'm glad that I could turn back time, cuz now this girl is all mine

>and realizing that the storm really wasn't that bad and didn't kill even close to everyone.

??

night.

good night, user.

oh please don't tell me you believe that shitty ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''EF6'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' managed to kill everybody

the tornado look big and scary but it ended up only causing EF2 level damage.
wrh.noaa.gov/pqr/aumsville.php
this was a EF2 tornado in a small town Oregon. only 2 minor injuries.

From the damage we see in the end when Chloe and Max drive away, it looks like the storm wasn't too bad.

The diner and other buildings are still standing, there's little debris blocking the road, and there's no fires. We barely even see a few bodies.
Plus there's the text message from Warren to Max talking about the storm and it's three hours before Max gets it. Those in the town had that long to notice the storm, listen to radio warnings, and either get out or get to shelter.

When you also think about it, the final timeline has a lot of unknowns if David and the police arrest Jefferson quicker then they are left with both time to help people as well as knowing about the Dark Room, a usable storm shelter. They could drive into town and rescue people.
Max and Chloe wouldn't know about any of this because they were on their way up to the cliff.
Some even say (though it's a bit of a stretch) that Max and Chloe leave the town a day or two after the storm when everyone is already in some kind of relief camp or shelter so they know Chloe's family and their friends are alright.

and oh, this happened without warning.
abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/small-oregon-town-cleans-f2-tornado-strikes-12400565

what happened to bingoanon?

William, Bongo, and Rachel watch over Max and Chloe from Heaven.
Rooting for them and protecting them.

somebody should do a fanart describing that.

I want to have sex with Max's VA!

Do not sexualize Hannah, any other VAs, or the characters they voice

I wish. All of them looking down on Max, Chloe, Joyce, and David.
It would be nice.

uh
that's a busty Chloe

For you

Chloe's not exactly flat to begin with

are we gonna make it to #600 before the end of the year?

Definitely

Waiting on #666...

MAKE HELLA GOOD BURGS LIKE JOYCE
youtube.com/watch?v=PuCwhyjWVLw

too smol

I want to start an LiS/coastal themed restaurant named Two Whales.
Have little references to the game, name menu items after characters, have photos of Pricefield and friends hidden in places.

This but unironically. Everything I've seen of her has made me fall more and more in love with her personality. Max level qt

I feel like this has been posted about before, but I want to mention something in the BtS junkyard scene that's been bugging: Chloe baring her soul to Rachel less than a day after they met. To a lesser degree, she was the same way with Max in the original game.
I've been thinking about it and it's got me wondering if Deck Nine/Dontnod misfired on a piece of Chloe's character. Something intuitively tells me that after losing William and Max, Chloe should have built up a shell and become reluctant to open up to anyone.
It sort of seems like they're going for this angle with her punk persona (she's tried to become this hard badass), but again, she immediately opens up to Rachel in BtS, and in the original game, is willing to immediately tell Max all about her relationship with Rachel like 30 minutes after (re)meeting Max.

I've thought of this as well and I think there's more to it. We see in one of the glimpses of Chloe's nightmare that Rachel is in it. At least her hand with the bracelets.
I wonder if that may have been before they really met so when Chloe sees Rachel, it's a 'Girl from my dreams' type of thing and that's why Chloe opens up so quickly, she thinks it's some kind of fated thing but can't say it out loud because that may weird out Rachel and make her go away.
That, or Rachel really did have something attracting about her that made Chloe realize she didn't want to be alone. There's more to their first day together than we saw in that short gameplay video but I don't think it will just be Chloe latching onto the first person to be nice to her. Because you're right, she wouldn't just trust Rachel right from the start.

So what the fuck was the nightmare scene in ep 5?

follow your dreams

It was all of Max's fears about herself, about her friends, her actions, and about Chloe. Primarily Max worrying that she's not good enough for Chloe.
I've wondered if there were two opposing forces trying to sway Max in that nightmare. One trying to frighten and dissuade her, and one trying to help Max realize she's good.

The three pirates enjoy a good night's rest

Max bullies Chloe sexually.

Daily reminder that developer's intention about storm was obsessed with Max's actions in bathroom (as beta-Bay ending's intention putting Chloe into coma was showing it) It wasn't obsessed with Chloe's survival. There's no such a thing in universe will be get rid of her in bae ending. If anything in bae they didn't use the power to change anything, however you were playing-god in Bay ending and undoing those actions which you were *meant to* do that.

Game was literally saying going back into time during bathroom actions is what caused the storm (and you know.. some dipshit said this) But completely ignores our first vision with spiritual doe before all of things.

Butterfly Effect were their version of Butterfly Effect, it definitely can't be related with original Butterfly Effect.Also when we created a complete different timeline by saving William in 2008, storm was coming after 5 years. Storm was only coming for Arcadia Bay, not for the whole world.

Another fact, which has trannyfaggot missing entire time, In wheelie Chloe timeline storm was still coming so whether if you accept&refuse Chloe's wish, the town will be swept away by the storm anyway.

Final Destination shit wasn't going on, Chloe has always been in trouble.If anything, some people from cast has also rewind-needed deaths (even this happens with Max) If universe really needed to get rid of Chloe, then it should've stopped doing its job when Jefferson fucking killed her, this means if train hit her or whatever storm wasn't gonna stop. Universe was trying to gain town's balance with storm because changes had made in bathroom, (but there's no way Bay ending's timeline could be original because changes already been made, dontnod hack writers literally ignored it that's another story)

The storm is coming in all but one of the alternate timelines we visit. If anything, that means the storm is the default state, and Bay timeline is an alternate universe. The vision of the storm prior to any changes at all also supports this.

>In wheelie Chloe timeline storm was still coming so whether if you accept&refuse Chloe's wish, the town will be swept away by the storm anyway.

>another reason to show storm isn't connected with Chloe's survival rather than actions in first place

those faggots can't understand the fact that, universe IS trying to gain balance with some magical storm since action has been made. in first place. it wasn't actually trying to delete that person from that timeline.
also, their DESTINY/fate was getting these powers and using it in first place. that's why they meant to be together

user it has been 2 years and we already discussed,confirmed these. Those all were obvious from the game.
As you can see from the previous thread, trannyfaggot was falseflagging so hard,replying to herself to justify ////Veeky Forums/// own retarded theories.

In prev thread, I've seen someone replied like

> ''Wrong, the Bay timeline is the one where things happened naturally''

And this is absolutely wrong.Game may take bathroom actions as major action but there are also major logical fallacies,and missed things.Okay let's ignore her first vision in bathroom,spiritual deer and shit. It wasn't absolutely natural because to original timeline Max meant to use those powers and intervene instead of hiding. That was her choice in first place. In bay ending you also undoing those actions and continuing from that timeline. But Max has all knowledge about people now? Wouldn't that also change course of events?

It wasn't also a pure timeline,because changes has already happened (Max ripped SF photo, Max fixed up her camera,fucked up other realities etc. etc.) This is where game shits on the bed. While game saying ''making changes is bad'' ,again, that's what we literally doing in Bay ending,we are undoing actions which we meant to do at that moment because we meant to get these powers. But at least in Bae, you don't touch anything anymore and accepting the things as they were, not playing gamble with your own powers anymore.

do you think that the level of damage shown was just for effect (compared to what would have been realistic from the actual stated intensity of the storm)? so that playtesters and the like connected that they were driving through the ruins of the town and so the designers had a "setpiece" for the final cutscene instead of just a desolate wasteland? "where is this, how can i tell this is arcadia bay?" etc.

i was also under the impression that there were some non-meteorological/"supernatural" qualities about the storm

we should go there...

Reminder that Chloe Price is for giving attention, protecting, and undying love!

I get what you are saying but nah. They could've made it more realistic with some models even without making desolate wasteland, I mean, one example there's no way they'd forgot to show the diner's explosion, in this ending however it seems to be not exploded.

game developers didn't entirely say everyone's dead though here is also that. said, it's up to your headcanon whatever. And from this presentation,we don't exactly need some headcanon because we're already thinking there may be losses for sure, but not WHOLE town died.There should be more survivors at least. It sounds so ridicilous to me whenever someone says WHOLE TOWN DIED WHOLE ARCADIA PEOPLE DIED NO SURVIVORS after this scene.

>I've wondered if there were two opposing forces trying to sway Max in that nightmare. One trying to frighten and dissuade her, and one trying to help Max realize she's good.

is this not explicitly shown by the nightmare/flashlight section where everyone is talking about how much you fucked up, then the max in the dream diner before chloe swoops in and things start looking up and you get that whole "positive memories" section that shows you all the good things you did?

I guess developers showed enough hints, but people usually choose to ignore them

>they'd forgot to show the diner's explosion, in this ending however it seems to be not exploded.

didnt you stop the explosion though, when you were going to the diner to get the photo?

i get what you're saying about the headcanon though. i think im of the group that there aren't any "important" survivors because the storm is representing the consequences of Max's choices like "how much does Chloe /really/ mean to you? How much are you willing to sacrifice?" kind of thing

at least not any survivors who Max affected with her rewind powers, since their "destiny" was technically altered and needed to be "corrected" by the storm (i.e. removed from the timeline)

>game developers didn't entirely say everyone's dead though here is also that.

huh? where was this?

when Chloe said ''this is the reality'' while arguing with nightmare Max, dream focused on their memories, Chloe's voice was also only thing that saved her from that nightmare.

CHLOE IS CUTE. C.U.T.E!

>didnt you stop the explosion though, when you were going to the diner to get the photo?
That was from other timeline she rewound the time so she could get the photo for Chloe.

That's what I'm also talking about, actually Max didn't go there in original timeline and stayed with Chloe they were on the beach. But the diner wasn't explode without her help this time. So there may be chance that Joyce may be also survived

>i get what you're saying about the headcanon though. i think im of the group that there aren't any "important" survivors because the storm is representing the consequences of Max's choices like "how much does Chloe /really/ mean to you? How much are you willing to sacrifice?" kind of thing

Yeah me too. I'm not denying there isn't any death, but with this presentation there SHOULD be survivors. I understand choice's meanings, this is the reason why I chose this ending because can't live without Chloe obviously.

But when you think about if there're any survivors, you believe it because LiS is about consequences that ends up with same consclucion actually that's what we've seen from choices, choice wasn't saying DELETE ALL ARCADIA PEOPLE FROM EXISTENCE, those texts were showing Max's thoughts/action at that time. We just don't know the future.

>huh? where was this?
Just don't take 90% are positive thing seriously and read the red line kek.

but Chloe is flat as a board
the only girls with actual boobies in the game is Dana and Juliet

>at least not any survivors who Max affected with her rewind powers, since their "destiny" was technically altered and needed to be "corrected" by the storm (i.e. removed from the timeline)

but storm is only there for 'hit' the town actually. magical disaster had been created by your first actions in bathroom, it doesn't actually want any 'death' to correct itself. it wants to 'hit' to gain its own balance. people die because they still in town and can't escape because they didn't get warning signs.

if they fucked off from the town at the right time though, storm would be still coming for arcadia bay, it will hit and gone. there would be no deaths, and universe would balance itself without any loss.

twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/885182976115560449

dat damage control

i think of all the "possible" survivors, there's less of a case to be made for Joyce or anybody in the diner making it out of there. They show the diner on the way out of town and the sign literally says "DI E" because of the missing letters. and since it blows up if you don't help the first time you're going there, i think it's relatively safe to assume that it blows up after you travel back with the photo too since you're not even in the town to help anybody

most of the important characters were gathered there at the end too, as a reminder of like "hey, remember these important people? keep them in mind because you're gonna have to decide their fate soon"

it's established that a few notable people did not get out of town though, during your last trek to the diner

>since their "destiny" was technically altered and needed to be "corrected" by the storm (i.e. removed from the timeline)

Storm wasn't trying to remove people from timeline. Since Max made changes in Arcadia Bay it was coming for there, as you can see from the timeline where she goes to the diner to get photo and save Chloe, even after Chloe got killed by Jefferson storm was still contuining to hit the town was doing its own job.

This is why some anons here are saying ''finding way to warn everyone and save your gf +town'' at the same time would make a perfect ending.

>''finding way to warn everyone and save your gf +town''

ideally, sure, but that takes all the gravitas and consequence out of the story. There's a recurring theme of "you can't have it all" throughout the whole game anyways

>i think of all the "possible" survivors, there's less of a case to be made for Joyce or anybody in the diner making it out of there. They show the diner on the way out of town and the sign literally says "DI E" because of the missing letters. and since it blows up if you don't help the first time you're going there, i think it's relatively safe to assume that it blows up after you travel back with the photo too since you're not even in the town to help anybody

In another timeline, when it was exploded that sign was still on the top of it. I get why you pointed out this DI E sign, you mean it could've been showed foreshadow somethings etc. but how do you know it's related with certain people that you mentioned? or at least only with Joyce?

Can you also show that if it's exploded from that ending? Nah because it obviously didn't. Something has obviously changed in original timeline. Again, they said they left their fates blurry so we can assume that. Also that sign also doesn't change the fact that the diner obviously didn't explode in bae ending.. idk.