/fg/ - Falcom General #17

Previous Thread: >A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Class VII is back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS3 scans: twitter.com/Gu4n/status/877415040466337793

- Falcom currently planning a new game and remake for the Ys series. Kondo would also like to do more with Falcom Gakuen

- Trails in the Sky the 3rd finally out for PC on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store

- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on Summer

- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita, Agate, Tio and Randy confirmed

>Other not-so-new news

- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )

- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, will be released for Vita on June 30th, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind ( gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind ) (end of the 9th paragraph)

Pastebin: pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/237063/japanese-text-in-windows-game-wont-display-correctly
qt.vidyagam.es/wwXNnUE.webm
qt.vidyagam.es/MA3QUDu.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to cum inside Linde

whew lad

that last thread went quicker than I thought

Name a bigger mistake

Did nothing wrong.

>FC in 42 hours
>SC in 67 hours

My playtime was double. I spoke to everyone and did everything.

Just started Ao and was promptly dissapointed.

Don't forget, it's only 3 turns instead of 5. And the upgrade that makes it good again takes freaking forever to happen.

What will Tita's first meeting with lammy be like?

Anguis II sounds like a real class act.

Man, i think Rean spoiled me for strong protagonists because Lloyd had shitty skills.

Accel Rush
>Basically a small AOE of a normal attack
Stun Break
>Weak power, 10% chance to faint, [RESIST] by everything towards the end
Inspiration
>Actually useful in the beginning
Brave Smash
>Legit useful skill, but [RESIST] by bosses and everything towards the end

So they went and nerfed Burning Heart because Lloyd *needs* to be a weak-ass punk. I would overlook his crafts if he had a high ATS but it's the 2nd lowest of the group.

In that airship that went missing in Sky? i suppose you could

Anguis #2 is a woman so that explains it

Genesic Barrier.

He's still an improvement after Shitstelle.

Question about the CS2 NG+ boss. Would it be possible to beat the boss without carrying over anything (starting from base level) on Nightmare when I get to it? I find carrying over lost art quartz would break the game.

From last thread
I got it working, but there's no sound and I can't adjust the resolution now lol

I did FC in 50, but SC in 90. I tried every to get all the dialog in the last chapter and I left it running for a while.

I want to know more about this guy.

In Ao they get upgrades

>Accel rush
Gets giant AoE and pulls enemies towards him

>Stun break
Goes up to 30% stun chance

>Inspiration
Still useful, no upgrade

>Brave mash
Same thing, but in Ao it starts out weaker

>Burning hearts
Pure fucking shit for the longest time until it goes back to normal after upgrade

Okay so I broke a box in the Ao prologue dungeon, it dropped a sparkly and when I picked it up the game froze. Is this a bug with pspppp or the menu translation patch?

Bug with the patch

THe creator said it keep two iso's around due to that bug

Millium is starting to grow on me.

That's a bug in the voice patch. Have a normal version of Ao with just the minor translation patch, if you want to grab stuff from the ground.

She will as long she keep exposing those armpits.

hey i also got the same problem. cant change resolution and text showing boxes. no sound and game is laggy. fk this shit

Emma is pure sex

Doesn't burning heart regen your CP in divertissiment?

hey follow this tutorial. gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/237063/japanese-text-in-windows-game-wont-display-correctly except you change it to china(chinese simplified). worked for me

configure the config.ini

untick read-only from properties

No it doesn't. But Lloyd has Force MQ.

>before seeing old CVII redesigns
>I hope they show up sparingly at most
>after seeing them

Oh wow, that literally fixed everything. Thanks a ton!

The best thing about the Class VII screenshots is that they're all hanging out with people NOT Rean. Can't wait for some cute banter between Jusis and Millium again.

Why didn't they release TX and Ys VIII's extra content as DLC in Vita? Fucking Falcom

any idea how to add voice and partial item translation?

I just had this happen with the sisters.

Is Ys Memories of Celceta a good starting point for the series? I've never played and I'm looking for something to play on Vita

Blame Sony for that.

Didn't Bamco do that all the time with their recent anime games like Gundam Breaker 3 and SAO HR?

Eh, I recommend Seven more because Celceta's role is connected to I-II and Napishtim.

>role
I mean lore

I'm really curious what this scene is about, also I hope Olivier is playable.

Regarding changing settings in the Cold Steel PC launcher, from xseed:

>Hmm. I haven't tried using a controller in the launcher, but I wouldn't be surprised if you can! There's not much you CAN'T do in that launcher. I'm probably over-selling it, but man... that launcher is just a monument to good coding and design. You can tweak bloody EVERYTHING, and it gives you clear, concise explanations of exactly what every single tweakable feature does, what the recommended setting is for that feature, and even shows a little animated gif next to it that compares and contrasts what each of the settings look like in-game so you can see right away exactly what kind of effect your tweaks will have

They've changed the description of the T-shirt now.
Removed the "Rean & Crow" and replaced it with key visual instead.
Someone must have screwed up.

Ao is translated?

I told you faggots it wasn't Crow. Who's the retard who did this

not really a good entry into Ys, but its a fairly good game.

The voices aren't all playing for me, for some reason. I actually bought the Evo version of the game and played a bit of it, but the PSP version with this voice patch isn't playing them all, only some of them.

>Finished MoC and TX recently and enjoyed them immensely
>People actually think they're shit
It's the worst feeling. Like my happiness is actually fake.

>MoC
Memories of Celceta? I enjoyed it, especially the second half after crossing the river into the primeval lands, but holy shit there was so much exposition and dialogue compared to previous Ys games. I didn't mind the story and thought it was alright, but I wanted to fight shit and defeat bosses not have to go on mandatory trip around 4 different towns while taking about all the little details that don't lead to me killing more stuff.

It's okay, I like both, just because someone tries to tell you it's fake doesn't change your time with it

Ports of older games to Sony's newer console requiring "something extra" has been the standard practice for ages. The easiest example would be eroge ports having extra routes, or Tales of Vesperia has Patty on PS3.

>Gundam Breaker 3 and SAO HR?
Those are released for psv and ps4 simultaneously. Aside from graphics fidelity, everything else should be the same.

Did people really think they'd remove bonding events after 2 games of having them?

You can have bonding events but still have a clear winner, pic related

They won't do that with Sen though

hahaha rean going full dante confirmed

FIE!

Installed both Zero and Ao on pc

Zero seems to only work with the chinese patch installed

Ao seems ok though

I don't think there's a singe girl I wouldn't cum inside if they gave me permission to

So we can all agree that Alisa > Emma > Fie > Laura > Millium, right?

I want to cum inside Millium

Millium is for hugs not fugs.

I can get behind this

Millium is for Jusis, stand aside.

What's with lolis and dumb hats?

qt.vidyagam.es/wwXNnUE.webm
What the FUCK is her problem?

>I wonder if Agate prefers big girls...

she's a momma bear protecting her cub from predators

The visual upgrades are great - especially the hand models. Just compare the hands to

What if CS3 was what they originally had in mind, but they ended up making 2 games to flesh out the characters' backstories?

What if old Class VII turns out to be the best cast in the series when the Erebonian arc is all said and done?

To think this bubbly little creature has grown up so well. Makes me kind of sad.

What's there to be sad about? I'm proud of her

I feel like her shorts are getting shorter with each game. I want to shove my face into those thighs.

There isn't much improvement compared to TX 2 years ago to be honest.

That's fine by me, but I still regret buying CSI-II.

We don't even know what she's like yet. So far every picture we've seen has had her looking like a timid and delicate flower at risk of being blown away. I'd hold off on that stuff for now if I were you.

Uhhh Tokyo Xanadu looks just like CS1/2. In fact, it uses the same models. Look at the hands.

Rean knows what to do next

Unprotected headpats

I've solved a question

qt.vidyagam.es/MA3QUDu.webm
>an hour in and this amazing OTP was already established
Why was Kevin hitting on Estelle so much when he had this cutie around?

How did Sky-Falcom do it?

It's only polite to compliment and respect beautiful women

Kevin and Ries are great. How did Falcom manage to make 2 great male/female pairings in a single sub-series?

>Come to the staff room after class
What's he planning?

Coldsteel WAS supposed to be one game, but due to various limitations *coughvitacough*, they had to split it up into two games. This is indicative in CS2, where there are large swaths of filler. Falcom seems to have trouble keeping stories to one game.

Intense headpatting

Just because they have to split the game into two disks, doesn't mean they have to release it as two separate games.

At the Ys8 event at Anime Expo, Kondo said this:

>When making Sky FC, the boss asked us how the game was coming along. I told them that we were only 50% finished. He told us to wrap it up and ship it out soon. So the ending of FC is how it is because of deadlines wwww

i imagine thats how it was for Coldsteel too

Then that's not Vita's limitations but just them having bad schedule.

Is tokyo xanadu worth 60 bucks or nah?

If they didn't add bonding points to Crossbell and Cold Steel, I believe the romances in those could've been on par with Sky's.

>tfw have to dodge spoilers for like a year when CS3 comes out in Japan

I haven't decided what I want to do yet. Half of me wants to be spoiled completely on the game so I can experience all of the cool art and fun jokes. The other wants it to be pure.

Eh, not really. Wait until sale or something. It isn't as tightly-designed as other Falcom games. None of the enemies are hard, they're just frustating because of either shitty gimmicks or small corridors. The core gameplay of TX is actually fun but the devs didn't bother to make a good dungeon.

I have shit taste so I actually liked the story, but I imagine most of you will hate it because of its MoTW format and the plot twist that revolves around a single character.

Nayuta is a lot better
>TONS of dungeons
>Bright visuals compared to TX's samey prison-like texture
>Easy to play for casuals, but isn't complete cakewalk either
>Good platforming
>Various tools to play with
>Cute girls to pick as your waifu
>MC is voiced by Tio
I actually just wanted to complain why no company has ported Nayuta to PC. Its story isn't any better, but it's more fun to play than TX.

I'm out of here in September.

As if choosing between emma and alisa wasn't hard enough the past 2 games, this fucking happens

I've definitely decided to avoid spoilers. Knowing what's coming can completely ruin a game for me

It always was Alisa and Fie for me, but I chose Alisa because she felt like the more natural romance for Rean