/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Dreamhack Valencia - Paladins Summer Premiere Schedules (Time in CEST)
dreamhack.es/en/paladins-summer-premier/

>/palg/ Discord
discord.gg/SNwXWHe

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB54)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?47555-Open-Beta-54-Patch-Notes-July-12-2017

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&index=1&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=V5TSsepFwBM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9&index=1

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Counter Guides
paladinscounter.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

>Reveal Trailer (Lian):
youtube.com/watch?v=ZuUX6cakDT0

>PTS (Play Test Server):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

>PTS Steam Version:
steam://install/596350

>Bug Reporting Thread (OB54 PTS):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?47532-OB-54-PTS-Bug-Reporting-and-Known-Issues

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aZ7BV6-x7ek&t=0m23s
pushsquare.com/news/2017/07/big_smite_and_paladins_ps4_updates_announced_and_detailed
pcgamesn.com/hand-of-the-gods-smite-tactics-open-beta
twitter.com/rockpapershot/status/885412373485539329
youtu.be/QyC-gAHPdjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to swoon from Fernando's beauty!

This should have been the OP pic. Pic is Bonkar.

>Astro thread.
>Nobody gives a damn about Princess Handcock

Oh well, anyone know when the teaser hits and if she will be in pts this weekend?

KNEEL

who?

Lian with her emote
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ7BV6-x7ek&t=0m23s

So good to cross counter the other Lian with your own ult and vaporise her for the 50% refund

Ying is a disgusting beast and waifu fags need to be hung.

>BK in the shooting range

I don't get it, did you post the right pix?

pushsquare.com/news/2017/07/big_smite_and_paladins_ps4_updates_announced_and_detailed
First-person-shooter Paladins is getting its 30th Champion: Jenos, the Ascended, a new map, Splitstone Quarry, and a redesign for Frontline Champion Ruckus, that’ll make him fit more comfortably into Paladins fantasy setting.

pcgamesn.com/hand-of-the-gods-smite-tactics-open-beta
"Hi-Rez have also announced a rework for Ruckus, a frontline champion, to better root him in Paladins lore."

Can we please have a "Are you sure?" prompt when you click on the giant founder's pack ad? I'm sick of having a mini heart attack when I accidentally misclick while going through my champ screen.

>Jenos
So he's male? Or will they pull an Ash and make Jenos a female?

Ruckus redesign: twitter.com/rockpapershot/status/885412373485539329

Kinda ironic that healers are such a sausagefest.

>tfw level 9 with my wife already.
Feels good man, most fun i've had since I started playing the game back in October.

Maybe Martini will bless us with a qt alien waifu and not just Sol 2.0.

Who?

Bolt's not doing it with me being made outta wood but at least Ruckus doesn't look as hidieous anymore.

Nu-Bolt looks pretty good.
Nu-Ruckus looks...punchable. Like something that would haunt my nightmares.

“No two support champions play alike and with Jenos our goal was to introduce a support champion who strikes a balance between interesting healing decisions and familiar gunplay. We want a character that feels natural both using his weapon and healing his teammates.”
Hyped.

youtu.be/QyC-gAHPdjc

Level 3 illuminate has a pretty great distance though. I use it when I go Kinessa vs Skye and end up having her caught in my mines before I can even reach me. Then I see Kinessa players who run haven against Skye and then they get fucked anyway because even with Haven 3 they can't tank up against anything with Kinessa's health pool.

Pic because poster was too lazy to right-click save.

So Drogoz actually has a model for his right hand.
Neat

>Familiar gunplay
The bare minimun I can accept is a pew pew gun instead of another space AK. Maybe the gimmick is that the heals and ammo uses the same magazine

Who ready for /Muted240pStreamForFreeDrops/?

>Not watching for Astro/Map/Lore

I'll watch the VOD later, it's fucking 5:45AM here I literally spent all day leveling my wife.

Evie or Maeve?

Both
Evie is better, but Maeve is easier.

Where are Lian's Legendary cards icons?
Fucking LoRez

Check the Cards tab if you want to see.

So where are you guys going once hi-rez fucks this up enough to become unplayable like their previous ones? Overwatch? F2P Battleborn? That Lawbreakers thing?

Probably none of the above. Paladins has what I like. Customizing champion abilities and the in game shop. I'd probably go back to TF2 before switching to any of the others.

THAT LOOKS EVEN WORSE THAN THE OLD MODEL JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE
GOBLINS ARE LIKE THE HARDEST THING IN THE WORLD TO GET WRONG

Overwatch.

I hate new Ruckus. Looks too plasticky. Really digging new Bolt though.

I'd like a champion that heals team mates by dealing damage. Maybe as a passive thing he gives off a lifesteal aura and can activate a skill that will give him massive lifesteal for a few seconds that not only heals him but all team mates nearby.

And just to be clear I own all those games, actually came to paladins from overwatch, way more fun even if the devs are only good at churning out content and making garbage balancing decisions.

I'm pretty sure that this is a new skin and not a redesign, and that the writer of the article is just a retard.

literally in the history of fantasy no one has ever done goblins badly
I didn't even think it was possible
I now stand corrected
Literally take a 6 year olds drawing of a goblin from google and it would be superior to these designs

I blame the huge anime eyes.

I started with Paladins and later bought Overwatch since everyone says its better. Needless to say, it was a waste of money.

How's Lawbreakers?

it's obviously supposed to look like Raynday
they're just really bad at modeling

Why can't they just make Rucks look like this but with a mech suit instead of metal armor,?

I'm really starting to hate lian. This bitch has too much DPS. Fuck hi-rez, what a boring brainless champion, just hold (any ability key) in the enemy general direction. This is worse than victor or tyra.

If you cannot aim you still cannot do shit, just that you are punished less for it.

>and later bought Overwatch since everyone says its better
Nobody says it's better unless 1. they're blizz shills or 2. they want to justify their purchase

t. another faggot who bought OW on release and moved to paladins

>playing our guy Zhin
>pwning n00bs all around
>he yells out LET THE BODIES THE FLOOR

How do you win against Lex as Androxus when he doesnt miss a shot? He has so much sustain with cards its ridiculous.

OB54 with Dark Stalker could help with that. If you go Godslayer then just try to hit your Q.

>Lex has sustain
What?

I agree that her burst damage is a little too high but she still takes skill to use
If you just mash keys like a retard you won't get anything done, you need to 1. use the right cards and use your abilities at the right times to take advantage of them and 2. actually be able to aim
I can't wait to see her being played in pro matches, if a 2800 shitter like me can do well with her, someone with actual aim will be fun to see

Buy caut

speaking as someone whos played as fuckton of mccree I feel more in tune as androxus than i ever did as mccree and im not sure why

One card for 40% LS against marked enemy and another that allows to heal up to 100 hp per In Pursuit hit. Way better than anything Andro has. I think the only sustain cards he has is to heal on each nether step (an insignificant amount) and something for defiance which is useless.

In Pursuit is a finisher. Land some fucking headshots what kinda Andro are you holy shit.

Stream is live! 30 minutes countdown!
www twitch tv/paladinsgame

New Ruckus is... cute? New Bolt looks okay too. Guess we are going full fantasy then, eh?

It's because
>androxus has more mobility and sustain, if you get caught out of position as mccree you're dead, this is not the case for andro
>hitboxes are much larger so you can actually hit people without having to worry about whiffing because they moved at the right time and you were 1 pixel off, damage is overall more consistent
>andy's gun is a lot more firm, mccree's revolver feels really "cartoony" if you get what I mean

t. ex mccree main with gold revolver

Kind of light on content, but what they do have is pretty solid. Like I was saying though, I enjoy the way paladins gameplay works. I like that decisions about champions and loadouts and legendaries and item shop purchases are all permanent and meaningful and forces you to think. Lawbreaks doesn't have any of that. It's pretty much low grav overwatch with half as many champions. Might be your cup of tea though.

Lex is an anti-flank champion. Don't fight him as Andro.

I'll just go play another game(probably Fortnite or Dauntless). OW is boring, Battleborn will die within a few month and Lawbreakers doesn't interest me.

I was interested in Lawbreakers until I found out the servers closest to me were Korea or Australia.

I live in Thailand......

Reading this just makes me really sad that hi-rez is such a fuck up of a company. Paladins has so much potential, it could be way better than OW. I tried playing Mcree when I tried OW but it just isnt the same.

Post your penis

I've been away from Paladins so long I don't even know what Lex and Willo's abilities do, so the latest update featuring new heroes let me completely puzzled and disoriented. What's the meta right now? Did the latest update balance the game more or are there still underpowered heroes?

If we're talking about tournament play, pretty much everyone got picked except for Skye, Maeve and Torvald over the past two months.

Still underpowered champs, but less overpowered champs overall.

I think only Buck, Maeve and Skye are garbage right now. The others are fine.

I will forgive them everything if we get a glimpse of the old Elven King Bolt in his ult or something.

Buck isn't like total garbage but he's more of a situational pick now. You could play him in certain maps but overall Lex and Andro is the better pick for sure.

Patch just dropped so the meta isn't particularly well defined, but expect to see even more tanks in pro matches since nando is now viable and inara is borderline broken

Lex, Willo and Lean are all pretty well balanced champs, can carry games singlehandedly in the right hands but not too hard

Torvald and Skye are still garbage, Maeve and Buck are weak, Grohk and Zhin are meh.

I wonder if Keystone will be to be a decent contender to the hero shooter genre.

What this guy said. Outside of tournaments pretty much everyone is viable under 3k ELO.

I see your Bonkar and raise you a sleeping Vox.

I guess the redesign kinda make sense since goblins are supposed to have kinda "rough" looking technology i guess
But if they keep redesigning champs to look more fantasy, others like Skye, Kinessa, Evie, Drogoz, Viktor will feel out of place i think

Could be doing a lot worse on balance.

thanks for reaffirming my suspicions
especially considering andys gun because it feels better to shoot than mccrees which is fucking sad because i loved playing as mccree

Thanks, it looks like the game still has a good potential. What about comp games? are they worth playing now, or is casual still better? I queued for a comp game yesterday, but it took way too long!

Casual is still better, comp has bans now but it's still not really worth the extra time to start a match
They're completely reworking comp sometime in the future I think

If you don't want to see Andro and Drogoz go ahead play comp. Queues do take longer but well worth it IMO.

Bird is a very relatable person.

>reinhardt and zarya in the lowest tier
I never really enjoyed playing against them back in the day but it still feels wrong seeing them fall so far

Jesus. Defend this OW babs.

These Asians about to get destroyed.

HOLY SHIT I AM SO EXCITED
FUCKING DREAMHACK HELL YEAH

Is this an older patch they're playing on or current patch?

>SEA girl is not even level 40
FearUs gonna get wrecked.

Someone will make a new team-based FPS with waifus and I'll go for that. (OW is boring and only Mercy looks good)

OB 52

Well thats just sad.

Lian shits on Drogoz and Andro, but she gets raped by anyone with more than 2,5k hp because her burst even with a good pilot only reaches up to 2k

What do I need to do to get Maeve's Dreamhack skin?

Not defending it, just explaining it

OW doesn't have draft picking (same hero can be on both teams) and OW pros love minmaxing to an autistic level, if two champs fill a similar role and one of them is known to be slightly better than another, the other NEVER gets picked. It's always the same thing. Look at mccree and soldier 76, mccree was popular but soldier got a tiny buff, then all of a sudden mccree was never picked again.
OW's gameplay also isn't dynamic at all, you can't run different builds and buy different items to play a champion in an unexpected way, so if some champs are high in the meta and another champ is weak against them, there's nothing that can be done to make them viable.
It really makes me wonder how people who bought the game on release can still stand playing it. The game is the same shit over and over, no variance whatsoever