Are there any parts for your shitbox you simply cannot find anymore?

Are there any parts for your shitbox you simply cannot find anymore?
Any upgrades youd like to do but there is no production anymore?

Post em here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o-Dfq7La9rg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, God damn it! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!'

I don't think anybody has room to talk about hard to find parts when this guy exists. youtube.com/watch?v=o-Dfq7La9rg
Older weeb guy bought an ancient Mitsubishi Colt Galant and fucking learned Japanese just so he could find parts for it.

You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multinational dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, reichmarks, rins, rubles, pounds, and shekels.

It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU WILL ATONE!

I learned some japanese to get into pokemon speedrunning and r/c cars. It sure would fucking suck to have a daily where you'd have to prowl japanese craigslist just to get a exhaust manifold.

I thought l had it rough that my 99 cobra has a different ebrake cable than the gt. And its out of production. But fuck that.

Finding parts for my 1977 Mazda has been difficult at times, especially since they had many rolling changes from 70-77. I can tell you now that pitman arm/drag link arm (name eludes me) are flat out NLA and are unobtainable anywhere in the world, i have been lucky with second hand

>rolling changes

Should be legislation on this. I am okay with government oversight and intervention as long as it keeps me from having to track this stupid shit down.

Absolutely, at least release refinements in 'series 2' 'series 3' kind of way

Bro I've got a 78 323, how the fuck do you get parts at all? I'm desperate for interior especially.

Nice, got a pic?

Yeah interior is no fun, just troll ebay for parts and keep an eye on gumtree for wrecks. Stuff like doorcards/seats/gear & handbrake boots and rooflining will probably have to be remade

Try having a 30 year old British car and trying to get LHD specific parts for it.
The hood release cable for LHD is NLA, and I have never even seen another one in person. There are maybe 500 in existence.

3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend

It's a pasta, newfag.

Old style B234 oil pump gears

>fag.
wow user you really got that other user to glance at your post before fucking off from reading it. how can i be as cool as you?

>not getting where the pasta is from
I bet OP is just some old picture of a yelling man to you

Nope.
GM parts availability and aftermarket upgrades will probably keep my car going for a long time. I'd love to get a shell and buy a crate LS376/525, 6L80, and 12-bolt to run in there. That would honestly be a perfect street car for me.

sway bar rear end link
I'm lucky enough that my car shares the rear suspension with the 92 Chevy Caprice, but I'd have to import if I didn't find it used at a scrapyard

>parts for your shitbox you simply cannot find anymore
I think of this all too often. Those few, extremely important, yet esoteric parts for a rare vehicle that doesn't have much of a following anywhere in the world, and for which info is scarce

I know the fuel pump has been NLA for years now. And with it being a diesel, it's hard to understate how important the pump is to the thing's functionality. Electronics are another issue that gets my mind racing, even if (perhaps because?) I'm familiar with them

I know everything can be manufactured/re-made, if enough time and money is thrown at it, but there's that element of uncertainty that just kills me sometimes. I love my shitbox and some day parts, like light housings, plastic for innumerable parts, mirrors, etc will stop being available

It's an awful feeling, and I can't do a thing about it

Well, yes and now. I can keep my car up and running but if I want to restore it to its former glory, it will be a far cry. It will take too much time to do so.