/rog/ - Ragnarok Online General

Official servers only edition

All aboard the RO:Restart hype train!!
playragnarokrestart.com/
It's official iRO, 2-1 pre-trans RO with renewal mechanics that will eventually progress in episodes/content.

irowiki.org/wiki/RE:Start

>Only 2-1 Classes will be available for now
>(Hunter, Priest, Wizard, Blacksmith, Knight, and Assassin)

>Classic EXP Table
>EXP from monsters is static and uses classic DB
>Classic Monster HP
>irowiki.org/REStart/RESTARTspawns.jpg

>Renewal mechanics:
>Renewal ATK/mATK, Defense, Hit/Flee, Cast Time (but no fixed cast), Gear refine (+20 max)

Overall this means that weapon damage is valuable, you can do good damage with just a good NPC weapon, cast times are extremely short comparatively, stats matter less in terms of dmg/healing/etc they provide

There is no fucking gramps or exp level penalties or whatever the fuck from renewal

Other urls found in this thread:

playragnarokrestart.com/
irowiki.org/REStart/RESTARTspawns.jpg
novaragnarok.com/
irowiki.org/classic/Blacksmith
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is the restart guild LGBT friendly? A lot of guilds I've been in in the past weren't LGBT friendly and it was very offputting

who /raceto2ndjob/ here

>leaving nova out of the OP when people are still playing

wew

-mages can level up quickly by just using firewall/firebolt, wiazrds can kill mobs easily
-FS aco get no loot but can get parties pretty easily, battle aco with snake hat is preddy good, maces have relatively fast aspd, priest is always useful
-merchants can get more zennies using overcharge/discount 10 + vending, snake hat also recommended, blacksmiths kill things faster
-thiefs kill things pretty fast with double attacks and can steal for some extra dosh, especially at TF, and can double attack with katars when assassin if you got snake hat for even faster kills/mob with grimtooth
-swordies are okay I guess, if you got lots of pots you can spam BB as knight or go for that less used agi knight for autoattack farming
-archers just KS everything and kill MvPs with traps as hunter

/rog/ - Ragnarok Online General

All aboard the RO:Restart hype train!!
playragnarokrestart.com/
It's official iRO, 2-1 pre-trans RO with renewal mechanics that will eventually progress in episodes/content.

>Only 2-1 Classes will be available for now
>(Hunter, Priest, Wizard, Blacksmith, Knight, and Assassin)

>Classic EXP Table
>EXP from monsters is static and uses classic DB
>Classic Monster HP
>irowiki.org/REStart/RESTARTspawns.jpg

>Renewal mechanics:
>Renewal ATK/mATK, Defense, Hit/Flee, Cast Time (but no fixed cast), Gear refine (+20 max)

Overall this means that weapon damage is valuable, you can do good damage with just a good NPC weapon, cast times are extremely short comparatively, stats matter less in terms of dmg/healing/etc they provide

There is no fucking gramps or exp level penalties or whatever the fuck from renewal

There's a /rog/ guild in Re:Start.
Guild: Poring Slappers @ somewhere in Al de Baran

/rog/ is also currently playing on:
NovaRO (Renewal Pserver)
Guild: Nice Meme @ North-east of Lighthalzen
novaragnarok.com/

You could always make your own thread, right? ;^]
This is an official servers only general

So which is better to start as? Thief/swordie?

Got kafra points for unlimited pots?
Swordie

Can save to get a snake hat?
Thief

If you don't have lots of WoE white/blue pots, I'd go with thief for your first character

kys baitting nigger

Completely F2P swordie here you can do surveys for warpportal and get 100~ KP per one completed giving you 20 WoE supply boxes its what I do.

i dont understand the lingo of prerenewel reneweld 3rd job whatver bullshit

can I get to a high priest as of now and is that the ceiling?

is it worth playing ?

Which one is less reliant on expensive gear?_I don't mind buying from cash shop. But not sell cash shop items for zenny

best meme ITT

Swordie is really not a beginner class. The agi build is straightforward to play, but as a jack of all trades, it does its main job (1v1ing powerful enemies) worse than a sin. Str vit dex has two powerful aoe skills (one can also be used on agi builds) but not dodging any attacks means you need to buy meat/potions or party with a priest. Also, svd knights suffer in first job.
An auto steal rogue is not the best at fighting but a good character for getting loot, but we don't know how hard WP will dripfeed 2-2 so just pick assassin for now.

should I make my Blacksmith a battleforger?

No trans jobs so far, should take a couple of months to get there
The mechanics are sorta hybrid if that's what you were asking

Knight
Only p2w so far has been consumables

There's a lack of forgers so far, if you dig dosh that much

As a mindless summer game, sure
You can always come back next holidays and won't risk to lose your progress

how to battle forger?

irowiki.org/classic/Blacksmith

I was just gonna go off this page and saw battleforger. I want a blacksmith that I can actually play and doesnt need perma leech like FS priest.

>I want a blacksmith that I can actually play and doesnt need perma leech like FS priest
Play battlesmith then. Some forging mats like steel are expensive and having a lower rate of forging than a pure forger will probably make a hybrid build unprofitable.

Also, 2nd job lvls are harder to get than in pre-re. You will get job lvl 45 when you get 89+ base.

Mass buying all Silvervine Boxes for 75k each, PM Saleri or Lord Achelexus

my knight is 60/16 2nd job right now what drugs are you on?

are battlesmith even good compared to Knights and Sins?

anything is better than sin, so yes.

really? why is sin so bad now?

you shouldve gone to job 50

That's because you're still in the early job lvls. It will get harder once you reach 35+.

i did hit J50 im 2nd job now is what I'm sayin

Stop fapping to female priests line and fap to female assasins line!

*male assasin
ftfy

>surveys for wp
Where

>now
It was always bad even in pre-trans. It didn't get good until rebirth.

How many people from /rog/ are in the Re:Start server? What is the job composition like so far?

A bit over 10 people, 2 or 3 online at a time. Most common class is knight, least is blacksmith. If you want to be "useful" make a priest, otherwise play what you want.

So how do I build a battlesmith? Agi/Vit?

Then sign in and it should survey for WP at the top

The old build was just STR/AGI/DEX/VIT. In renewal, I have no idea.

I'm not even in the guild but I'm a sin. Got my jlvl50

Is the game still clunky as hell? Meaning if I click more than once a second do I get stuck in place etc?

Oh but what do I pick 3slot jur or 2slot Katar?

Thanks boyo

Mage here, haven't player a lot really but will join once i change job

That's subjective on lag. It's fine for me.

Also LUK should be 1/3 your STR right? I heard someone claim that.

>Guild: Poring Slappers @ somewhere in Al de Baran
Some of us idle just below aldebaran's respawn point. If someone is looking for an invitation to the guild just pm me.

Considering only active anons in the guild we have 3 knights, 2 wizards, 2 priest (one of them has a battle build), 2 assassins and 1 blacksmith. We could use more FS priests, wizards and hunters.

STR/AGI/VIT/DEX/LUK.

If you plan to woe get at least 80 total vit. Otherwise just get 40-50.

Blacksmiths have +12 bonus dex points at job 50, each 5 points of dex gives you +1 ATK and you already have a passive skill which gives you some hit so try to get a total of 40/45/50 dex.

Str should be 75-90 base, depends of how much vit you'll use.

Get at least 50 base agi. If you don't woe you should spend some of those points here.

Save some points for luk, its worth to invest for extra atk and crits are always welcome.

>iRO

It's just a bunch of retards playing in a pay to win server stirring shit up

I'll be on in 10 hours cause I'm at work ;_;

what if some people actually enjoy the server.

Yamete!

Can't be. Pre-re is the best RO. Only delusionals enjoy renewal.

Why don't you just come have fun

>daemos has 1mil deny

HANDOUTS WHEN

Come play RO:restart with us, you know you want to~

I'd rather play origins desu~

>renewal
No thank you.

user don't be like that..
You'll have fun!

Bots when? Fuck grinding is so boring

Need something from here? I've been hoarding/buying some gears for the guild. I'm heading to pasanas rn to get some undershirts.

Restart spawn map

Restart dungeon spawn map

Is snake head hat best hat for all melee?

Ask me questions about Pre-Re RO mechanics, builds and whatnot, I enjoy doing so. Might as well put this """"""""""""knowledge""""""""""""" of a gook game to some use.

Indo beret

+3 to ALL stats

What happens if a car made of oridecon hits a wall made of elunium?

they break each other

>>
hey man, that aeva guild was the shit, great times were had despite us being like 5-10 people tops

Was shitposted to hell and back because jejnibbles can't stand people having fun with the real RO tho.

Wanna kill some Atroces, qtie?

>Was shitposted to hell and back because jejnibbles can't stand people having fun with the real RO tho.
Is this more revisionist shit?
When I left /rog/ everyone was making fun of psor for shilling leika, and everyone was quitting aeva because the clique wouldn't party up with anyone that didn't have mumble.

Sure, then let's farm some lunakaligos for my champ, that shit is too expensive

JOIN THE RE-START GUILD!

Is it down? What in the actual fuck.

Also
This pic is fake news, the guild wasn't disbanded at all, people just got tired of it and stopped playing. Nobody else had access to the High Priest I had that was the GM.

I'm smacking pupas just fine

I'ts the clique baiting people left and right
They can't stand the general moving on without them

We did a lot of shit back then.

Ayyva? yeah, admins closed it a few months ago.

That was another ayyva guild. Someone tried to make one, I gave him the emperium since it was easier for me to get one but the leader just gave up after a few days and disbanded the guild. Funny thing is, I may know who was that guy :^).

Doing all those mvps without marcs and total poorfag tier shit, a bunch of crazy mavericks, that was us. I didn't even know there was another /rog/ guild there.

>everyone was quitting aeva because the clique wouldn't party up with anyone that didn't have mumble
>playing with the clique
>ever
"We" were the second (and clique-less) ayyva group, m8. We played with everybody and had parties most of the time, even for killing easy MVPs when we were just 2 or 3 waiting for the rest. It was short, but we had plenty of fun.

Clique, not even once.

>join aeva guild
>clique setting up for a party
>multiple people want to get in
>clique asks who has mumble and only invites those that do even though they don't even have a full party
>mumble chat is only filled with people blogging even though they claimed that it was there to help organize the party
>everyone not in the inner circle is completely ignored
>still insists on the thread that they aren't a clique
Fuck ayyvafags desu

>wearing shield makes you lose atkspd

Was this renewal mechanic?

That guild was made in june last year, months after we left. I wanted to help them but I was very busy at that moment so I just farmed an emperium.

>making fun of psor for shilling leika
Lies. Leika was never shilled here. Only nobbacucks shill here. Leika is a perfect server who need no shill.

Ah, when was the first guild active again? 2015? You're Abba, right?

He literally called one of his dev buddies to shill here

see You was CLIQUE'D and you are the only one to blame for it.

fuck off cliquefags

Dunno about the first guild but we played back in 2015. IIRC, I joined you guys in september. And yes, I'm Abba.

Leika is so perfect they don't need players to play it.

We were never excluded anyone from our parties and we never used VoIP therefore we can't be labeled as a clique.

It's been that way since ever. Why do you think no one uses one hand quicken?

Nope that's not it
I'm pretty sure it's a custom renewal change
Nice try though

I don't know man and I just bought a buckler.

they don't use 1HQ because being dependent on Soul Link fucking sucks
Also knights suck cock

>barely recognize that doujinshi cover
Aah, one my first ragna-faps.

It's funny how a bunch of randoms from /rog/ managed to get a guild going better than the clique, eh.
Got any screens as high wizard, more recent screens?

People shouldn't make guilds and shit with retarded limitations like muh voice chat limitations and if you ask me even /rog/ only members. because /rog/ isn't that big that you can easily get a 72 people guild on a whim, plus RO as a whole is much more dead so you kinda need people from outside to fill the numbers and get guild parties going.

b-But the old times of /a/ guild!

I don't, seems like I start saving those in other folder which I may have deleted. I have a few more pics with mi wizard though.
>tfw you and your m8s kill atroce with a knight just because you can

yes

At least you have some of them, I lost nearly all of them. just got some shitty build pics.

>Only took ayyvafags to crawl out of their sewers again for the thread to be spammed with clique mentions 24/7 once more

How can someone still be this butthurt after literally years.

So Poring Slappers has decided that we're going to need to take in outsiders to stay alive. What would be the best way to filter out the randos that wouldn't cut it?

Just post in reddit :^)

The only butthurt people here are the cliqueshitters who can't even get a basic guild going, and got beat by /rog/ randoms years before. How sad!