/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Buffed
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/wgfcUqaM

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/EpicNameBro/status/885177628206010368
youtube.com/watch?v=eAYnTrgAhLU
youtube.com/watch?v=vginTgBikWc
youtu.be/3Qj2BkF7jh4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remember /dsg/! To give your mage bf or gf a bath! They are too smelly from travel!

Remember how hyped we were?

Final reminder that the best boy is going to play the best Souls in 4 hours 40 minutes.

twitter.com/EpicNameBro/status/885177628206010368

Hope his chat is banned for mentioning reality to this fuck.

Yes. That pre-release bait still looks legitimately impressive. Shame they it was just a bait and switch all along.

Why is he playing with those toys. Just give them back to your kids.

>Just give them back to your kids.
>kids
>s

Ayy Lucy with the bants

Oh right, my bad.

>Dragonrider
>a seemingly impossible foe

you can't bait and switch if the switch doesn't exist. DS2 release version didn't exist until fall 2013.

I lumped him in with anyone else who had an easy / one hit kill gimmick.

Dragonrider would have been a better boss if he had infinite health but there was no switches to raise the platforms, so you had to actually push him off.

>krekk0v
please tell me she doesn't have a dick

They were telling us the footage they were showing us was from the game, and the people that new that was bullshit were not allowed to say so until after release day. It was a bait and switch.

In this one?
Nope just a friendly bath, didn't want to risk banishment

The footage they were showing you WAS from the game. They had to rebuild the entire game after showing people that footage though.

The conspiracy theory that From somehow lied to fans to sell more copies is complete bullshit. They showed fans what they had at each point of development and as soon as the final graphics version was ready, they showed fans that too. The only people who were "tricked" are ones who were too dumb to keep following development and watched

youtube.com/watch?v=eAYnTrgAhLU
youtube.com/watch?v=vginTgBikWc
This video was still 6 months before release date. It looks like the game we got, minus a few spells and with the base lighting turned very low. Anyone who watched those videos would not be at all surprised by the final product we got.

I guess you think From lied to players when Tarkus didn't show up as a firelink NPC in DS1, despite being there in very early footage of the game?

>The Dark Souls 2 sub human is also the Youtuber Dick Sucker
I always knew you are some total failure

he is a furry and pedophile too

*CRINGE*
I understand why somebody would abort the children you got from this ULTRA Nu Male

Astora Straight Sword or Silver Knight Sword, which fits the bill as a paladin's sidearm?

ds3 lied to me with the dancer npc and explorable kiln screenshots

i hope he makes it to the dlc

youtu.be/3Qj2BkF7jh4

Not to mention all the improvements to magic they promised then scrapped, among other things.

I'm neither of those things so stop projecting. I can understand if you dislike a game but saying fans of a certain souls game are furries / pedophiles is just dumb.

I have it but due to the filesize I don't know if I can post it in 4chins.

Well nevermind that just looked like shit lmao.

What.

I barely registered him as a boss.

Easiest boss in the game. How the fuck do you get fuck to him, and then not be able to fight him? He is literally just any of the other knights, just with more health.

Jesus Christ.

The Faraam armor actually looks metallic in the cut version instead of the plastic shit it looks in the finished version.

Souls 2 and the phantom pain are some of he only games I consider time traveling to fix....
They're so dissapointing, man what id give to have the proper souls 3 as well with all the cut shit and shortcuts...

The biggest mistake by From was it to tie Darkmoon Blades to people using the Way of Blue Covenant. I've been sitting here for 30mins without getting an invasion.

>peddling the Discord in the OP again
Whoever keeps doing this needs to eat a fucking gun, because they're literally worse than Luci making threads at this point.

does dark souls 3 stutter a lot for anyone else recently? it never used to for me

My one dream I had a week ago was patch notes coming this month, and with it. The ability to purchase blue eye from Yorshka, you can then invade invaders already in a world. Also weapon memory would less selective and be more open....
But it's only a dream

I bet 90% of people playing the game don't even know what Way of Blue does.

What does that even mean? Omitting? No one cares about that circejerk

Everyday until you like it.

That would still be worse than the original Darkmoon Blades, literally the only way it would be different from Blue Sentinels would be that the host doesn't need Way of Blue on.

People think they're complete newbie pussies if they use it and thus Darkmoons don't get any play. I might do a dedicated ear farming aid character just to help the bluecucks a bit.

Look at the newbie pastebin link. Some faggot keeps replacing the original with one that advertises the Discord.

Introduce another penalty for invading. Last thread had a bunch of soul 1 and 2 kiddies finally picking up 3 and whining about ganks and shit. They want to be the asshole that interrupts another's play session? Then there chance of being invaded by a blue fucking increase exponentially.

>Introduce another penalty for invading
but why

>you also need to occasionally fight blues
>but this time you have the ember status and they have no buttbuddies
Fucking gimme. Do I also get forked tongues for killing them in my world?

Does the game count the amount of tongues you have in your inventar?
Yesterday 3 fucking Blues were summoned and I was the only invader in the Hosts world

no, but fingering makes it so more blues can show up

There's just so many blues lining up per one host.
Essentially the ratio of hosts with wob to Darkmoons is like the ratio of women and men on online dating sites.

Of course, my dream patch(it's retarded but i can hope) is that reds love to pvp invade so much, then they'll get blues when they return home to their world. Getting forked tongues, however it's only darkmoon blades that can, and way of the blue abasndons weapon memory to allow faster summons of "blues"

I actually like this
one because Blues need more things to do since there aren't really that many hosts
and two because Blues are so fucking retarded that I'd love to slaughter them en masse

Blues get ears. Reds get tongues. What I'm asking is if in this dream scenario of yours we get something to humiliate blues more

This or
literally just make way of blue a passive that is in effect for everyone. Basically remove the covenant from the game. There aren't any covenant rewards for it so there's no harm in doing this. The only people it hurts are hosts that just sit around waiting for invasions and don't want the extra help.

No, not much else to add I guess.
Any ideas from you? Guess I'm stumped on what to add for humiliation I guess

slave knight gael is just an easier elder ghru

It's so annoying how the covenant basically can summon you anywhere in there world someone is invaded and so rarely actually does. You'd think From would at least finally fix their fucking matchmaking in the very last soul's game.

DELET THIS

Give them the same principle as invaders that where they die is where all their souls are. Since the fun police covenants work that you can be summoned anywhere, allow that to carry over so you can invade in a completely different location. Die there, make the journey to get your stuff back.

I would also propose blues being counter summons to Aldrichfags in some way since they ruined Anor Londo.

Good enough, would be the ultimate motivation to not suck

So kind of like a gravelord system where the darkmoons seek out the invader's original worlds and invade when they return to it?
Would they only invade if they kill the hosts or if they lose as well? You drop souls on death as an invader so that'd be a no go for me.
Would the sentinels then function how the blades do now?

I'd also say removing either Sentinels or Darkmoons, having the two is completely unnecessary. Also, blues can earn Well Kepts by successful invasions of that nature.

You're forgetting the part where the Dorkmoon also gets all the other advantages of being an invader, such as choosing when and where to invade and not triggering mobs (whereas you are).

They'd just be another flavor of invader, but it'd still be better than the current system.

>WoB and Blue Sentinels merged into Brothers in Arms
>receive special beacon on intiation
>activating the beacon while alone in your world (embered or unembered) leaves you open to be summoned by other BiA as a blue spirit with white outline (unembered of course)
>you can kill enemies but only rewarded per invader killed (ear, random gem or some other new covenant item). if the host crosses the boss gate, you get rewarded with an ember and sent back home
>activating the beacon with any kind of invaders in your world invites other BiA to come and help
>Blades of the Darkmoon don't count for rewards or summons but can still be attacked

>Darkmoon Blades get their own orb to invade sinners (accumulate sin by killing npcs or hosts (BotD don't gain sin for killing sinners as blues))
>invade as a spirit of vengeance (aura like ds1)
>condition to be invaded by these is to be sinner (duh) and either be embered or have the area boss alive (doesn't have to be both)
>getting killed by BotD detracts 1 sin
>having over 15 sin allows BotD to invade you from other areas
>having over 50 sin allows BotD to occupy summoning slots, if invader slots are filled
>DMB gets an 1+(sin/200) damage multiplier when damaging sinners (this may be hard to code so it's optional)

>They'd just be another flavor of invader, but it'd still be better than the current system.
Obviously it should work like the DS1 Covenant. If you are a Dickwraith that invades people and gets indicted you get invaded by Darkmoons.

Or we could just have 2's system with a single covenant, the equippable item swapping out if you want cops to help you or to be a cop, with Blue Orbs for invading sinners. Problem solved
Why on earth they looked at 2's 2 blue covenants and went "You know what this needs? For shit to be spread out EVEN MORE!"

So, starting DS1 after playing the Humble Bundle DS2 through.

DS2 was pretty fun. I went through as a "sorcerer", though I kinda played more as a fighter by the end of it, where I mostly fought using some Fire Longsword I found like at the start of the game, with my 17 Strength and 10 dexterity, and a ton of intelligence.

I think I want to go for an actual fighter this time, which seems simple enough, but damn the weapon selection is insane. I do wonder, I found this whip I could never use properly in DS2, and it looked kinda cool. Is there a similar weapon in DS1 I can make a build around?

Are there any cool weapon to make a build based on in DS1? I kinda don't want a standard sword or something like that again.

Also, how different are the 2 games? What should I expect going into DS1 after coming from DS2?

replaying ds1 as sorcerer, anyone know where I can get some good spells before sens fortress?

I've always disliked how the covenant rewards were handled. I always thought it would be better to have something that would benefit the covenant members personally and reflect their covenant. Something you would see outside of phantom form and think "oh, he's in that covenant" because they used a covenant exclusive item.
They did it right in DS1. Darkwraiths got darkwraith gear, gravelords got gravelord miracles, chaos servants got chaos miracles, etc. I've always wanted to see personalized shops for covenants where you could spend excess rewards on nifty trinkets. For example, a finger of Rosaria could purchase a special bolt-type from Leonhard that would function like a Lloyd's talisman, or enchanted throwing knives for Blades that deal magic damage and home in (church shiv fulfills this but they suck)
1 tongue=5 bolts, 1 ear=15 knives, something like that, but for every covenant, and more than one item. (sun-touched urns for sunbros instead of lightning urns, etc, etc)

Which one?

correction: chaos pyromancies* I goofed on that bit.

>use Blue Eye Orb in Iron Keep at 5M SM
>expect an amusing invasion against another PvP player
>it's actually a dude playing through normally in NG+
>neat
>duel bow
>he bows back
>he immediately gets bumrushed by Alonne Knights and dies before I can do anything
And that was the end of my career as a Blue.

DS1 combat is a little slower and clunkier imo, Every action has a bit more weight to it. A good sword I recommend is the drake sword. You can get it by shooting off a certain red drake's tail with arrows. It'll pretty much carry you through the whole game.
Whips are shit in DS1. They have shit moves and shit range and act more like a flail than a whip.

Griggs and Rickert sell decent soul arrows, you won't get anything more powerful before getting Logan in Sen's.
Also, IIRC, Dusk sells you a decent catalyst for the pre-funhouse sl's, so there's some more dmg in that.

>Are there any cool weapon to make a build based on in DS1?

Great Club.

>drake sword

>drake sword
m8

ya blew it

There's more? Also, why mot just a modded dragon head? Looked closer imo

Enemies are far easier to circlestrafe, once they start an attack animation they are locked into it, backstabs also instantly trigger and give full damage immunity combine these two factors and it becomes incredibely easy to circlestrafe most enemies with a shield up and just backstab for free damage.
Whips are shit, in general little point to dedicating yourself to a weapon except for black knight weapons you might get as RNG drops early, those will let you breeze through most of the game.
Poise is far stronger, you can just slap on havels with and an ultra weapon, then trade R1's with a boss and win the fight.
Magic is far stronger since catalysts don't need to be upgraded and balancing is generally worse, lategame spells like crystal soul spear will 1 shot some bosses, dark bead is beyond hilarious amounts of damage.'
As mentioned before, shields are a lot better in 1, with enough endurance some bosses will completely incapable of dealing any damage to you

It would have been a good troll if it worked but I also can't let someone suffer through the game like that

Since I couldn't find any decent DS3 drinking games, I made this. Enjoy!

for my sorcerer (DS1) should I go for a +5 enchanted balder side sword, or a +10 magic? I have 50 int right now.

You go for a +0 Tin Crystallization Catalyst/Logans catalyst and then just shoot souls spears/crystal soul spears at shit until everything falls over.

There is, but that's the only webm I have named, so it would be difficult to find the others.

not before, but if you kill the rescue logan, and kill the iron golem; with the iron golem soul, queelag's soul, and the amount you get from killing the golem itself, you'll have enough to grab both homing soul mass, and soul spear. Also go for the crown of dusk and bellowing dragoncrest ring for an extra 40% damage.

I'm not really familiar with how drinking games work. A "drink" is one of those small cups of bear or what?

Already got that, I want a secondary weapon my man.

>cup of bear
kek

Whats the worst cosplay you've seen in a Souls game?

I want to start scaling up this twink character for Aldritch hosting, currently at +3 weapon.
What SL weapon level should I move up to? I currently get zero (0) aldritch invasions post-pontiff

Good bait

So when's DLC3?

just compare them on mugenmonkey
as far as i remember, enchanted was better for high int

Never ever

You take a mouthful of your drink.

60 +5 is perfect for hosting. You can be invaded by people from SL 28-66.

I was like SL 50-60 when I first beat Pontiff.

Do invasions get affected by how many +5 weapons I have in my inventory? Or does it not matter how much I have as long as it's just one +5?

It takes your highest level weapon into account, whether it's in storage or not.