Ford Super Duty. Local dealer has pic related for around $40k. I work in an office and it will be mostly for commuting...

Ford Super Duty. Local dealer has pic related for around $40k. I work in an office and it will be mostly for commuting, but I do some occasional hauling (topsoil for the yard, camper, etc.). I figure it's better to have more truck and not need it, than to have not enough truck and need it. Smash, or pass?

Other urls found in this thread:

cargurus.com/Cars/t-Used-Ford-F-150-SVT-Raptor-ev18#listing=188091355_isFeatured
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd do it, 6.2 is a good engine for a gas job.

waste of money. get a standard size f150
if you are desperate to throw away cash, get a second sporty car too, or get a raptor and not a super duty

Ooooor you can get something less vulgar and far more fun like a second-hand Raptor.

If you live in the city, that is.

cargurus.com/Cars/t-Used-Ford-F-150-SVT-Raptor-ev18#listing=188091355_isFeatured

$31,995

If you can easily afford it, enjoy it. It makes much more practical sense than a performance car you never race. Comfy as an SUV and with plenty of balls for hauling. They hold value better than cars.

Autspergers will bitch, but you are trolling anyway because no one asks serious questions on Veeky Forums, so let the triggered idiots who think a F1 car is only acceptable commuter rant.

I don't live in a city. I live in Alaska. The cops often drive trucks around here. They don't salt the roads in the winter and some don't get plowed much, so clearance and 4x4 is important.

Problem with Raptor is very expensive. $60k for a short be pickup? Nuts.

If you live in Alaska then the Super Duty is just perfectly adequate for the elements.

However, I concede that the Raptor is better have you looked at CPO first generation Raptors like the one I posted? They are creeping down the sub-40k price range.

Google image for 'Alaska pickup truck.'

Holy shit you just need this for commuting? Do people ever think about their purchases. Just get an F150, if you ever need more car, there is something called car rental.

Op here. Do you guys think gas prices will be stable for the next few years? I don't really follow that kind of stuff, but it seems prices have leveled off and remained the same the last few years.

thicc

If you want that giant bitch just because you might need it for occasional hauling, you're retarded. Just tell us you want a giant truck instead of thinly veiled justifications

>I work in an office and it will be mostly for commuting, but I do some occasional hauling (topsoil for the yard, camper, etc.). I figure it's better to have more truck and not need it, than to have not enough truck and need it.

The truck owner meme personified. Occasions where you need a heavy duty truck don't just pop up out of nowhere. If you haven't needed a heavy duty truck until now you won't need one in the future unless you make drastic life changes.

be sure to NOT BUY a 6.0....

Yeah I'm sure gas will continue to sell for less than it costs to produce for the foreseeable future.

It looks kinda low, is that normal? First thing I'd do is lift it 3" and put some bigger tires on it. Also a bull-bar for the deer and a winch in case you get stuck. Maybe look into the F450 too.

I don't think you get it. There is something fun and satisfying about driving a large truck. Just like driving a small roadster, or convertible, or German sport sedan, driving a 8,000 pound-plus American hauler is a driving experience in a class of its own.

This.

Different strokes for different people, I for one thoroughly enjoy driving SUVs, while some people love Caymans or even Aveos.

I for one don't discriminate against cars, hand me the keys and I'll sure as shit drive it.

cars are not guns
its better to not hvae it and need it than not need it and have it.
Do yourself a favor and get a sports car you shouldn\t get stuck driving pigfat glorified busses.
If needed get a truck for 10 dollars to do hauling

You can literally get a miata and buy a fleet of trucks and start a hauling company with the money you save on fuel alone and you won\t kill yourself from depression of driving garbage cars before that happens

>performance car you never race
you have never owned a car that is not shit

suvs are not for driving they\re so you dont die when you head on a lorry while sitting on twitter.
Not hooning is not enjoying driving.

But I hoon too, the next car I'm looking for is definitely going to be a fun one.

Maybe a Miata.

But can one ever hoon in a truck?

>I live in Alaska.
Oh, why didn't you say so? You literally live in the only place where casual ownership of a jacked up 4x4 truck is not only acceptable, but required.

I'd still get the diesel over the gasser; the ability to run your own fuel is pretty neat.

Thanks. Trucks are huge here. I'd say pickup truck culture here rivals that of Texas. Easily well over half the vehicles on the road.

Very into the concept of diesel, but it automatically adds like $5k to $6k to the original price. Also, complex emissions components that occasionally fail and difficult to work on, unless you know diesel.

op. little dick faggot
fucking americans gonna waste our future;s oil on big tires and 'my truck can haul'

what is wrong with a fucking subaru or a lil ranger or something?

incase you need to haul all your friends around... nah, that doesnt happen in america, everyone caravans their trucks together to the applebees parkinglot

>Raptor.
virtualy no fucking bed

that shit has no cargo space. fuck that mise well get an Avalanche

>$5000-$6000 on price

If you got $3 a gallon where you live that's 1,666 gallons of gasoline that you can purchase. Even at the 8mpg I get that's 13,328 free miles of fuel

But then you compromise with performance, the Avalanche is insanely practical, but it's no fun to drive on paved roads.

>Buys a raptor to hoon on paved roads

At this point you are better off just getting regular truck and slapping a chebby 572 in it

Neither is the Raptor. Shit on roads, shit at actual offroading, only good for going down flat Southern Californian dirt roads.

Lol, you wouldn't even know how to park that thing kid.

Have you considered a used one, then? Just avoid the 6.0L and you're fine.

If you are that concerned about ground clearance, get an F150 and put a lift kit on.

>Americans can't park meme

Every time

How big is the camper?
If it's big enough to need a gooseneck, then sure. If it's a smaller one that isn't really that heavy, you could probably just find an F-150 with a V8 and tow package plus whatever else you need and pay a lot less.

I hoon in my truck all the time especially when it's raining, I drive an older truck with no traction control so I can break the back end out and if you aren't stupid trucks drift easily and controllably

Buy an SUV and a trailer.

that looks like me and i guarantee i haul more shit then 95% of the posters here with my little fucking 2.5l baby mexican pickup truck
anyone else hauling more than me is probably hauling shit in their beat-up company truck.
construction workers love huge fucking lifting trucks with empty 4ft bed holding nothing but their fucking empty lunch cooler
of course they need it to haul their fucking toy boat to the lake every other weekend spending the whole time on another fucking gas pedal
seriously, thats a fuckton of people's hobby, laying on a fucking gas pedal as much they possibly can

>sucky sucky five dolla