Anyone have suggestions for a cheap tow rig to tow my car to the track...

Anyone have suggestions for a cheap tow rig to tow my car to the track? I currently have a v6 Ranger but it has trouble getting itself up a hill even though it's rated for 3-4000 lbs.

I could sell the ranger for around 2-3k and add a few grand on top as my budget. Manual is a plus.

Other urls found in this thread:

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/school-bus-1995-chevy-runs/6372523735.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Honestly, a school bus isn't a bad idea. Even if you upgraded to a bigger engine and tranny, I could only see this being cheaper than buying a dedicated truck and trailer. And it isn't like you can't go anywhere with the bus. They go everywhere already. Pitch a tent on that roof and fuck around trackside all night long. This is actually a brilliant idea. I now have a new life goal.

I use my avalanche for towing and you can probably pick one up for 4k on Craigslist easy. it hauls my junk cars and salvage up the cajon pass regularly without issue. Also, you will want an auto for towing get a trans pan with a heat sink and a plug for convenience. You can always manually downshift the auto when needed

Manuals usually have considerably less towing capacity. Any old Chevy V8 single can trick will do, any old diesel truck too. Tow dollies are fine if your race car is a stick, if auto and RWD you'll probably wanna drop the driveshaft if using a Tow dolly.

Both are manual and RWD. I thought tow dollies were for fwd only since the odometer will go up while the car is getting towed?

I was planning on just renting a trailer for track days

>Manuals usually have considerably less towing capacity.

That's only for current decade American trucks

here is a similar bus to the one in the picture. inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/school-bus-1995-chevy-runs/6372523735.html

Rangers are a cheap tow rig though

88-98 Chevy with a 350 or 454.
Old Ford with a 351 or 460.

>I could sell the ranger for around 2-3k

Just drive your race car to the track lol

>Manual is a plus.
>in a tow rig

it's not

T. Someone who has never driven a race car or has been to a race track

dumbfucking amerimutt

>Obsessed with Americans
LMAO

Most American trucks aren't offered in manual anymore

I have the same question, but for sport bikes.

>Old Ford with a 351
Correct answer.

Panigale weighs 386 pounds. You could tow it with a fucking Prius.

git gud.

Kek

Buy a used 1 ton cargo van.

Lmao it was fun but the head ache I got from 3 hours of 70mph nearly did me in

>hot rod drag week
using a hauler is against the rules of the event, brainlet

What kind of race?
I mean, are we talking a funny car built from the V6 Ranger, or an actual, street worthy, still useable in theory Ranger?

If it’s street legal then you should just drive the damn thing to the race.
If it can’t take a hill it has no business on a track.

Yeah but if you fuck up your car on the track 100 miles from home you're kind of stranded. That's going to be an expensive tow and taxi ride.

the ranger is what he wants to haul with, not track

His track car isn't a Ranger, the Ranger is his current tow rig lol

>not having a friend to bring along different car full of tools, parts, snacks, etc.
>being a friendless loner with no friend and no backup truck with a trailer hitch.
>not waiting until it’s broken to rent the damn trailer.

Fucking pleb.

Buy an 04 v8 4runner RAS for auto leveling.

And shell out $1000 a shock when it inevitably leaks. Most guys just replace them with normal struts when they fail.

>I know what you wanted to say, but it's not what came out of your fingertips.

Junkyards. Swap part. Ez peazy.

There are other issues with the vehicle as well that I am dealing with, but fuck. Its an 04 and if you work on your own shit, this car will go far and long. With minimal repair cost as compared to other vehicles. Imo

Pull the rear driveshaft you dunce.

Easier to just get a full size trailer

This is true, but tow dolly's have benefits. Especially in OPs case where his Ranger is his towing rig.

Let's assume his trailer is a light duty 7'x18' utility / light car trailer. We'll assume this trailer only weighs 1500lbs - which is exceptionally lightweight for a trailer of this size. However that's a pretty ordinary size for a car trailer.

37.5% of his rated towing capacity just went towards the trailer alone.

A quality tow dolly, with brakes, might weigh around 600lbs. He now only has 15% of his rated capacity used up.

cheap POS 2wd auto fullsize pickup. plentiful and cheap.