Anyone here ever own a 7th gen V6 accord? I'm considering getting one but I'm not so sure...

Anyone here ever own a 7th gen V6 accord? I'm considering getting one but I'm not so sure. Is it as fast as it seems on paper? Seems pretty heavy plus the mpg isn't that great, and I'd hate to buy this car without getting the real benefits of having a FWD car, mainly long term cost. What are the known issues with it? How practical is it? I know the interior has pretty good space for a coupe, but from what I've seen the engine is basically maxed out so if I want more power out of it I'm SOL right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q4cgK08ypy0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah it's fast
get a stick cuz the auto trans explodes
I don't see how FWD gives you any benefits considering how fast it is going to eat tires

I definitely plan to get the 6speed if I get one. And by benefits I'm mainly talking mpg and cost to maintain, but the former doesn't really apply to the v6 accord from what I can tell. As far as the tires wouldn't rotations and alignments easily fix that issue?

What would be some other cars that are similar to the accord that I should think about?

Well not sure what you want. Cheap, fast, low maintenance, lots of interior space, moddability?

good look finding a clean stock one that hasn't been riced out and/or owned by boyracer faggots.

Basically everything you said is what I'm looking for, and I don't really care that much about mods but I'd like to have the option there if I feel that I need it
I actually have seen clean ones on CL for the most part, but obviously seeing them in person could be different. The accords don't seem to have the riced issue like civic si or rsx does

Well that's five things that are often in conflict with each other, pick the two most important ones

That's the main reason why I can't decide what cars to really focus on. If I had to pick only two, I'd say fast and interior space. But I definitely don't want something that's expensive as fuck to fix like a beamer. The other problem is that it has to have a sunroof

Look into Lexus IS, Infiniti G35, Saab 9-3 or 9-5 Aero
How are you at turning wrenches? My BMW is cheap to own because I do my own work

I'd love to own a is300, but the ones I've seen are either really beat, riced, or really expensive, sometimes all three. And I've never tried DIY before. I've had my current car for almost a year and it has needed literally nothing other than oil changes, tires and bulbs. That's kinda one of the appeals of getting an accord because I do want to give it a try since I'm going to get a manual anyway

If you think you can do better with an Accord V6 go nuts. Most of the ones where I live are abused. Keep in mind FWD + V engine = way harder to wrench on, because one of the banks is up against the firewall. If you don't do your own work, labor at the shop will be more than on a 4cyl.

What are some signs that it's been abused and not worth getting? And by that I mean not so obvious ones, like being slammed/stanced or fucked paint, etc

bump

Timing belt is important because it's an interference engine. I've had a 6th gen and 8th gen v6 accord, both great cars.

I owned the v6 6 speed. 3rd gear pops out until you change tranny fluid to gm syncromesh. Gotta replace timing belt ect at 105k. The car also sounds great with resonator delete and magnaflows. It was quite fast against other coupes. The suspension is somewhat sport and pretty comfortable. The top trim with the faux carbon fiber is a lot better than the bottom plastic trims. Back seats had plenty of room in the coupe. Power upgrades are very limited and mostly related to exhaust upgrades like the J pipe and cat deletes. The car really proved Honda puts
effort into the fit and finish of their cars. Super reliable and every electrical thing worked perfectly. Lost her to hurricane harvey rip

also do not get the auto v6 the transmission is not good enough and fails as with most v6 auto hondas of this era

total fuccboi car. don't buy one unless you want to telegraph to everybody that you are talentless, insecure man.

>But I definitely don't want something that's expensive as fuck to fix like a beamer.
BMWs are only expensive to fix if you are retarded. You know what, get the Accord. You deserve it.

My friend had one with about 180,000km when I met him, and within a year he had to replace front bearings, rear shocks, brake caliper (seized), alternator, battery, and some wiring for the rear tail light (rusted through somehow).

It was pretty quick, but it's certainly not a race car. Something like a V6 RAV4 will still smoke the Accord in a drag race, but now we're talking some serious faggot shit if we're dragging RAV4s and Accords.

Gas mileage is supremely shitty if you bury your foot in it, otherwise it's alright.

Why would you park it in the path of a flood you nignog.

My car would be the first thing I relocate, next to anything valuable on the main floor/basement.

Also curious about this.
I'm checking out a listing for one in a few days with a 6-speed manual and 166k miles. Are there any things I should keep a close eye out for or should they be good to go after a good test drive if it's had regular maintenance and wasn't memed on?

>smug V6 Camry appears

youtube.com/watch?v=q4cgK08ypy0

FYI, V6 Accords are adored by negros almost as much as Maximas and Altimas. Be wary of who you buy it from.

Personally, I'd go with an '89 LeBaron.

My area had never flooded ever. That is the case with most people. The flood was historic. I was 20ft above the road and still got hit.

Going by the neighborhood and general condition, it's probably not a nog. There aren't many nogs around here in general so I think it's pretty safe.

>buying a car just because an actor owned it
No thanks, George.

Looks pretty clean, did you have any major issues with it before the flood?
I really don't give a shit about racing, at all actually. I just want a car that is fun to drive, can get onto the highway quickly, and isn't going to fuck up my wallet. I do wonder if I really need that much power though

Avoiding a car owned by a nig is super easy. That's what carfax is for

I think you just wanted the insurance money.

Your loss, don't come crying to me when you realize there's no such thing as a beaver panel Accord.

The minimum you should look for in ANY vehicle is about ~220. That's bare minimum. Anything less is fucking straight up cuck shit.

I have a Toyota FJ with 260hp and even I find it should have more. I'd supercharge it with the TRD bolt-on if they didn't cost $8,000.

You'll be quite happy with the output of the vehicle, the only disappointing thing is the bland feel of powerful FWD. It's going to have some weird torque steer in the power band, which is a very...ugly...feeling when you're steering. If you can get past that, you'll be faster than at least 50% of what's driving around right now.

Hahaha I genuinely wish there was a service that told you if a nigger ever owned your car. Luckily niggers don't like my car, at all, so I never had to worry about that when I was shopping for it.

Absolutely 0 issues ever with it.

bump