Final Fantasy General DCXLX - /ffg/

>General info on Final Fantasy games
The Wiki: finalfantasy.wikia.com
"What version should I play?" Information: pastebin.com/nDC7j5bn

>FFXV
KING’S KNIGHT announced for Mobile & MONSTER OF THE DEEP: FINAL FANTASY XV for PSVR
Episode Ignis Trailer: youtu.be/_sRPZzWeri
Brotherhood episodes: pastebin.com/Q7Efb9F2

>FF XI
July update: forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52835
wiki.dspt.info/index.php/DarkStar_Servers

>FF XIV
Stormblood Trailer
youtu.be/Acf6lPBNXOU

>DFF NT
youtu.be/bUkhDTVAOko

>Final Fantasy Record Keeper
Game Mechanics PDF: happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf
Upcoming Banners List: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e1xUGHH-OBdlM0QzWoME4GRJt9v3ocQmdmylI62hwFk/edit#gid=1211382974
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11vnPui7vWmEcky7XK5XFMf6TWCIDWIOBJykStFwR5KE
FAQ Pastebin: pastebin.com/XxJuYdTE

>Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
How to JP: pastebin.com/91MEQ6wW
GL FAQ: pastebin.com/c43qGvi6
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vqMFkPjm0cbnxR37U8ATXZEgRPspHSR8UyeCFkTEq10

>MOBIUS Final Fantasy
FAQ Pastebin: pastebin.com/nGC6BJ84

>Other game information
pastebin.com/xMVaH4Hv

Previous:

Final Fantasy Tictacs is shit

NO! THE VOID WAS MINE TO COMMAND!

Why is she such a mess in that image?

WHAT IS VOID!??!?!?! ARGGGHHHHHHH

Agrias Oaks

*You can't really argue with that. There aren't exactly a whole lot of downsides.*
Besides the whole turning into a fiend which, really only happens because the unsent resent the living, and no one would be alive if Seymour succeeded.
And even then, going by X-2's fiend tales, even as fiends some can retain their memories and will.

covered in jism

Garland did nothing wrong

Ignore my inability to quote late at night

I'm thinking of starting FFVIII soon. I hear grinding is bad but would it be fine to just do all the random encounters I get rather than running away?

Also, would it be worth importing a PocketStation for the minigame?

Get the steam version. Even has the Pocketstation game

>I hear grinding is bad but would it be fine to just do all the random encounters I get rather than running away?
Someone memed on you because you are supposed to do the opposite and never grind or get EXP
Just refine items into spells and then use Diablos to never get into random encounters ever again

>tfw haven't been able to play BE today because of half stam in RK
It's not like there's a real need, I've got everything I want except for the giancrysts from KM but still, it nags at the back of my mind.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I was looking up which characters have been released for D:OO and they don't have Celes yet? What the fuck? I mean, it's cool my nigga Cyan is in but you'd think Celes would make it in before him.

No need to grind, really. I believe the PC version has the PS, but it might need mods since the music is different.

Playing FFXII TZA.
Here is my team
Vaan: Bushi/Monk
Penelo: Black Mage/ ???
Balthier: Machinist/ ???
Fran: Uhlan/???
Basch: Knight/ time mage
Ashe: Red Mage/ Archer
Help me fill in the 2nd jobs.
My team so far has been Vaan Ashe and Basch because they seemed the strongest.

>this retard in charge of reading comprehension
And to that guy, no, the game is piss easy whether you avoid every single encounter or not.Going through the game without ever gaining exp is just autismo shit.

the game gets challenging if you grind though.

I'm going to play the PS1 version since I've already got it.

Never get EXP? I know that the enemies level with you but is it that detrimental?

I'm not planning on just running in circles to grind or anything, just fighting encounters that I run into as I progress.

The less you know going in, the better. Just play it as if it were a normal game.

>Manage to get another 50 mith
>Try for more Fran stuff
>2 Vayne dupes and a Larsa dupe
FUCK

Thank you guys, I got Devastator for Rikku

Is Penelo a good redmage to start or should I make her a white mage because that's obviously helpful as my first new party member?

Red mage seems super helpful.

>Never get EXP? I know that the enemies level with you but is it that detrimental?
Not at all since your stats are pretty much independant from levelling.

You increase your stats by primarily by junctioning spells to each of them, it's insanely easy to break the game by not leveling up and just refining materials into spells for junctioning.

She's not a good White Mage.
You want your WHM to have high HP and preferably innate Steal so they can do stuff while not healing for non-boss fights (aka 90% of the game).

This leaves Vaan and Balthier as the best candidates.

My Vaan is identical good taste.

I have heard that machinist and white mage is a good combo for support. I was thinking that for Balthier as my backup healer.

Black mage with shikari could be neat. Magic ninja. I have heard mixed things about that combo.

Could go uhlan and foebreaker for a gnarly tank Fran. My friends are doing healer and tank fran and both like it.

I'm just getting penelo in my game and thinking white or red Mage.

If you do, you will be one of the few to get the true VIII experience with supposedly the most difficult final boss in the series. I couldn't tell you, since I couldn't beat the second form on such a playthrough and have never had the guts to play non-overpowered one ever again. I can promise you, it will be extremely involving experience that you'll never forget, where you'll use every trick in the book you can think of, when every wrong action, such as wasting a turn Drawing on a single character, results in a total party wipe in a random encounter. Granted this will only be on a no-item/death run and not doing any "extra" (because it's actually impossible to determine how much, if any, is too much) empowering activities, such as Refining, only some Drawing and not much of that either. However I really couldn't recommend it in good conscience. Nevertheless it's doable.

Importing the PocketStation is useless in my opinion, but if you can, why not?

It's too late now for Vaan for a while. He's a Bushi. I thought penelo was a white mage canon for some reason. Someone said she's a dancer in sone side game though.

Shit. Is red mage helpful to do on her though?

Threadly reminder that Vayne Solidor did nothing wrong.

That's okay, vaan is way too valuable to make a white mage.
The idea is Balthier is the best for that.

Penelo is great as a Red Mage, probably the best for that role.
And Dancer != White Mage, they're never similar in Final Fantasy.

Other than being a completely forgettable villain that no one cares about or even remembers?
You have sephiroth and you have kefka...then there's shit like barthetandelus and vayne.

Literally who.

Threadly remind that FFXIII is the worst in the series, even II is better.

Nipple piercings are stupid in both male and female.

>everyone talking about XII Zodiac Age
>no pc release so i can't fucking play
NOT FAIR
and no i'm not gonna emulate the ps2 version fuck that noise

Dancers are healers in 11 but yea, not like each other otherwise. I think in gonna make Penelo a red mage to start.

Is IX worth playing if VI/VII were my favorites? It's not too different is it? It's kinda gay that the MC is some weird midget but I can get over it if the game is good.

>X-2's fiend tales
I really wish they did more shit like that. All of the little backstories were pretty entertaining.

I have 160K event currency, should I spend it on purecrysts or giancrysts? I know giancrysts are considered the rate limiting step but they're also technically infinite since you can farm them. I'm not planning on upgrading anyone right now (other than Ramza when he finally gets his but I already have enough of the T3, T4, and T5 crysts). I was thinking of grabbing the T5 support and power crysts.

This is a dumb post and you should feel dumb for making it.

wrong opinions general?

Finally a decent opinion in this thread.

?

I like them on dudes cause it's fun to play with them.

LPAnon here.

Since FFI's difficulty went through the floor with the GBA port, is there a "strategy" for getting more challenge out of the game should I ever replay it in the next 5-10 years? I'm thinking never grind (ever) and never buy Ethers.

Play the good version (PS1)

All white mage party.

>Since FFI's difficulty went through the floor with the GBA port, is there a "strategy" for getting more challenge out of the game should I ever replay it in the next 5-10 years? I'm thinking never grind (ever) and never buy Ethers.
play the nes version.

Reminder that nipple piercings are patrician, and only the best final fantasy nipples have them

You beat it already? The fuck?

All WHM is actually EVEN EASIER than a normal party in Dawn of Souls, since the standard MP system is retarded.

1 WHM where the rest of the party is dead is better, but still barely a challenge.

But I hate loading times and the PSP's graphics are sooooo good. Plus I like having a run button.

No I'm continuing it tonight, but I beat Kraken and he was a pushover. I'm level 39 despite not even trying to overlevel.

Many people, who like VI seem to like IX. I love VI and VII, but I dislike IX (Super majority of it confuses and bores me to be precise. Every aspect of it is simultaneously wonderful and awful, except combat. None of it is average. The very end parts though are my favorite thing in the entire franchise.)

Give it a shot, I say. You're going to finish all the games someday, right?

Kill off everyone but yams and keep them dead.

delet

Is Exdeath the best villain?

at least women get pleasure from them but on men it's fucking wrong

Best class for Penelo on zodiac age?

I can't decide between starting her black, white, red or time.

I could really use some help.

might as well, dont farm for them next time, they will drop during story event missions. Its better to raise up Lockes, Xons, and Zidanes for their increase drops

>villain
name one thing he did wrong

>has a line so good he decides to use it twice
Yes.

He killed Galuf

he didn't employ the giant mirror earlier

Lost control of the void

Red is best.

Galuf died of a heart attack from being too old
exdeath was only acting in self defense anyway

He was a cancerous piece of shit in Dissidia.

Had a shit final boss fight.

>Many people, who like VI seem to like IX. I love VI and VII, but I dislike IX
Wow, are you me?

Should I awaken D. Fina's Ultima +2? What other future units use Black crysts? I dont have Ace

I'm never touching X ever again, but alright I'll try IX and then VII and then 12.

>What other future units use Black crysts
exdeath meteor

not many of them use Black crysts. besides awakened Ultima is one of the strongest magic spells. just do it.

Please !

I have a maxed 5* as my friend card now

and I'll really push through the story once the current event ends

6 and 7 are also my favorite of the mainline but I'd say 9 is just mediocre all around
It's story, characters, setting, gameplay etc. none really stand out to me, so I'd say 9 is very middle of the pack, but that doesn't mean I dislike it

Ace doesn't use black crysts.

Exdeath, Kuja, Kefka, Victoria, Balthier, T. Terra, Papalymo, Vivi, Rikku, Rem, and the D. Finas are the only units who do.
And most of those are shit ones.

>tfw rerolling for judge in mobius
man this is fucking tedious why couldn't the novice hall be sooner?

Is he good ?

What's the best type of deck for him ?

You'd might as well go through the effort of getting the job you want now because getting jobs later is going to be a nightmare

>Rikku
what does rikku use black for?

Her water chaining move.
It changes the multiplier to 2.8x and increases the hitcount to 12 (and the delay is changed to be like shantotto's tornado).
So not very useful, but it's cheap.

The other weird non-mage in that batch is balthier. His thunder imperil move uses black too, goes from 50% to 75%.

He has good damage bonuses to all of his elements and weakness +100% but his max HP and defense are low, so he's a glass cannon. I would use two attack cards (one AoE BDD and one single-target damage focus), a card with Haste and KotR.

Dumbest name for any character in a work of fiction.

Trance Terra has amazing enhancements that required a fuckton of black crysts to enhance

I think you know

I'm not the original guy but this makes me feel better about enhancing D Fina. I have a T Terra to enhance too but she was in batch 9 of JP... I think I'll have time to get a whole new set of black crysts by then. I like using Ultima as a finisher though so I'm a little mixed feeling about the extra hit count

What would you say are the top 5 global finishers in order including the 2 new enhanced characters?

>Wow, are you me?

I severely doubt it, I've never come across someone close to my tastes. Half most common, half extreme opinion. I tend to value gameplay, characters and customization more than other aspects, but those too are important to me. Beyond those, even specific individual things such as, for example, a story breaking its premises will usually turn me against the game, unless it's not serious about the story and has a notable amount of levity.

Well and while T. Terra costs a lot because she has three skills to enhance, you probably aren't going to enhance her own version of chain Ultima because Chaos Wave becomes retarded.

So that's only 7 pure and 18 gian to get Terra up too.

Tyty

How do I beat the Macalania last boss in FFBE?

Even when I exploit the weakness, his health bar doesn't move.

Step 1, just use your orlandu to kill him
Step 2, repeat a bunch because you need to farm for razmatazz

I literally didn't do damage. I even brought a friend Orlandu. His health bar wouldn't move.

He resisted all physical attacks. No damage.