/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 14th of July:
1223 – Louis VIII becomes King of France upon the death of his father, Philip II.
1789 – French Revolution: Citizens of Paris storm the Bastille.
1798 – The Sedition Act becomes law in the United States making it a federal crime to write, publish, or utter false or malicious statements about the United States government.
1853 – Opening of the first major US world's fair, the Exhibition of the Industry of All Nations in New York City.

>News
CK2 DD 55 - Nurture vs Nuisance
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-55-nurture-vs-nuisance.1030752/

EU4 DD 20/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-20th-of-june-2017.1031010/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.2 - 02/06/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=203770&browsesort=toprated§ion=readytouseitems&requiredtags[]=society
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

la plata

Reminder to R&I shitposting

hpm update when

rHe said tomorrow

too late

What's the verdict on M&M?

Its shit

>I personally find Hoi4 boring because of how the units manage themselves. Once you remove micromanagement from a game like this, you've got nothing.
This
What was paradox thinking

Something with muslims

New councilor tasks are nice
Artifacts are decent mini-buffs
Societies are shitty and too much time was spent on meme Satanics
Hermetics are basically the de facto society because insane state bonuses
Domincans are good for killing heretics
Secretly Relgious is annoying as fuck
Overall, 4/10

What about the satanist meme? Is it balanced now?

Post 4th Crusade Trebizond is fun. Go for a second Komnenian restoration and rebuild Constantinople to its former glory.

>bizantium
why
playing empires is boring

Instead of making it psuedo-realistic and just be about people who hate the church anhd work to corrode moral authority
You use dark mana to impregnate women, assassinate men, and turn children into demons

Aparrently, they made it more difficult to accomplish tasks and made it more risky to do actions, with inquisitors hunting you out
I play with it on, but I never use it because the other societies are boring, too

Secret societies: shallow and unbalanaced
Devil worshippers: shallow and unbalanced, also more supernatural bullshit
Artifacts: unbalanced, has gamebreaking bugs
Societies: besides the big three and the devil worshippers there really aren't any
Overall: shipped literally unfinished, alchemy ingredients had no use because they didn't bother finishing alchemy prior to releasing the DLC

Verdict: overpriced and unbalanced, another fine addition to CK2

>Instead of making it psuedo-realistic and just be about people who hate the church anhd work to corrode moral authority
What the fuck.
What were they thinking.

>I play with it on, but I never use it because the other societies are boring, too
Monastic orders? Hashashin?

The Byzantines were an empire in name only after the 4th Crusade, you'd be rebuilding the empire from the ground up.

Memes

>Verdict: overpriced and unbalanced, another fine addition to CK2

I think it's decent desu, secret religions is good

Pic related is all your monastic orders do
Hashashins are just super assassins but they haven't touched me yet, despite being the King of Jerusalem. Might be nice for playing a Shia

Overdone tho

Byzantium is a meme

wew

What were they thinking
That's useless
What
Are there are any mods that fix this?

Whats better, HoI3 or HoI4

This

The mod files mean that you can only have one Society mod working at a time
So good luck with that

look at that cute little ottomans

HoI3

Cant you mod them all at once

Thinking about money

Just the way they should be

What?
You can only have one society mod?

HoI4

>Pakistan in East Bengal

HELP

Hoi3

What mod?

If you want to
But look at all the fun people are having
steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=203770&browsesort=toprated§ion=readytouseitems&requiredtags[]=society

>memezantyum
why people do this

The idea is good, the execution was fucking awful. You have entire realms converting to dead religions without anyone noticing. Another example of Paradox releasing broken mechanics due to lack of competent playtesting.

Dumb cunt

>he doesn't know abotu pakistan
lad...

mods can fix it tho

I know about Pakistan, its just that its ONLY located and centered in East Bengal here. Kys.

>5
Wew

M&T

Because its fun

>You have entire realms converting to dead religions without anyone noticing.
You can convert to dead religions in M&M? WHy?

no it isnt, its overdone and makes no sense desu
byzantium is a dead concept

>Bloatmod

>1 is a mod created before M&M
>1 is a new society
>1 weakens secret relgions
>1 weakens Satanists
>1 ties secret religions to moral authority, as 100% catholics shouldn't leave the faith

ok

That's how pakistan started.

Whats the problem with that

Not necessarily dead but you can have Catholicism at 100% moral authority and yet every landed character in the fucking realm decides to secretly convert to 0% moral authority paganism that only has 1 province left

Because paradox

>Bloat in texas

Why arent people modding more

It's bloated and slow as hell but its still a lot more fun than shitty vanilla EU4, especially since the introduction of pops

I think people have just stopped giving a shit

>pops
It's just a bunch of modifiers, they aren't pops

glad you agree

Explain

>pops
so development?

That sounds awful
Nobody tests this shit?

What
Paradox has a pretty active modding community and CK2 is popular as hell

Eh.
Like most things about M&T, it's not great...but it's somewhat better than vanilla.

Why would they?

only their friends&family :^)

>jewish ottos
Nice job bloat in texas

This

>Italians attack a bigger enemy they can't win against
>try to drag in their only ally

Every time.

This

How is it better?

>Italians

Based italians

>hungary
>249
Post map

Please post in the thread that isn't a duplicate, lad.

It's far more simplified than Vicky 2, but I don't think there is any game on the market that simulates populations the way Vicky 2 does

With communication efficiency (how well one part of the empire can communicate with another part of the empire over a distance), revised estates, population growth, food, fertility, religion, etc..., it makes playing in peace time and building tall actually enjoyable

Sort of, but rather than just an abstract "adm, dip, mil" development, its rural, urban, and upper class pops. Most of the provinces of the world are just rural pops, with only regions like Italy and France having significant urban pops at the beginning of the game. Personally, I find it enjoyable building up a good infrastructure so that your urban pops can grow and prosper

No mana?

Italian mind

so the beta testers

>lombardia
>53

But Mana is still in

Here you go.

>It's far more simplified than Vicky 2, but I don't think there is any game on the market that simulates populations the way Vicky 2 does
its literally just modifiers lad, its not close to v2

wow, very astute observation! you truly contributed a lot to this conversation :)))

Fuck off

Disgusting

>implying

Thanks

Show pops

The same can be said about Victoria 2 populations if you really want to get into it. They are all just numbers with a culture modifier, ideology modifier, religion modifier, and needs modifier that affect your taxes modifier, militancy modifier, and consciousness modifier. Again, not saying the M&T is revolutionary or anything, but its still levels ahead of vanilla EU4, which doesn't represent population besides in the most abstract of ways

Help italy

>With communication efficiency (how well one part of the empire can communicate with another part of the empire over a distance), revised estates, population growth, food, fertility, religion, etc..., it makes playing in peace time and building tall actually enjoyable
Isn't that just modifiers?

>our urban pops can grow and prosper
You mean the modifiers
they arent pops

>The same can be said about Victoria 2 populations i
what the fuck are you talking about
v2 pops have desires, issues, they consume goods
they arent modifiers retard, they have jobs and stats

>The same can be said about Victoria 2 populations
No it can't

Do I do it to finally take Congress Poland and Bohemia as puppets? I've been putting that off because I'm not sure how good my name placement will look

It is
He's a shill