Why haven't you bought Ethereum yet?

Why haven't you bought Ethereum yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-SMliFtoPn8
medium.com/@jacelace/poker-is-the-killer-app-for-blockchains-ea2e6b88815c#.2buv004e8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because my bitcoins are in cold storage at my parents' house. I'll get them in a week and maybe put 0.05 BTC into Ethereum.

I have like 20 coins somewhere

What to expect...

Buy high sell low lmao

Because like gold, land, and silver, cryptocurrencies aren't real assets

>falling for the cold storage meme
it's almost like you want to get wiped out in the next crash.

Are there any "dapps" I can use right now?

every time lmao

By Kiyosaki's definition, you're right.

I read your post wrong, too drunk. You're still right.

What is an asset to you?

Went up to over 16 - gained on first day. I'm in for a long run. Maybe several years.

I already corrected my concern, but since you asked. An asset is anything that has value. Cash, current value of investments, even a car. To me, an asset is anything that can be converted into cash, which is the ultimate medium. The value of the asset is both related to current value and liquidity. Do you have a different definition? I'm talking about personal finance btw

Ah, to be young again

I srsly hope youre trolling or you dont know what cold storage is

going on 3 years strong here

My definition is more like Kiyosaki's.

Sure. An asset is anything that contributes positively to your net worth(or equity in business terms)

Kiyosaki's definition is wrong - that an asset is something that creates more money. In business, cash is considered an asset. You will find zero companies that don't work that way. In personal finance, it should be also.

I just sold today after buying in at around $12. Made a good profit, around $125. Might buy again if I see it dip, I see no reason for it to go any higher because it looks like it's found itself a ceiling.

There is no ceilings on the moon, friend.

It's not too late to learn about Ethereum: youtu.be/-SMliFtoPn8

oh give it up

What's with everyone memeing this video?

Shill. That's all it is. Didn't even watch it yet.

I finally watched it. Everything, regardless of medium, eventually boils down to CASH. Different translations of it don't matter. These are all a gamble.

Reddit was watching the EEA webcast

Microsoft, Intel, banks form Enterprise Ethereum blockchain alliance
Microsoft is expanding on its Azure Blockchain-as-a-Service work by joining the new Enterprise Ethereum Alliance, along with Intel and a number of leading banks.

damn lol, this really made me realize how far ETH has come. I remember getting hundreds of ETH for the same dollar amount.

There are a few reasons I haven't invested in Ethereum.

>it was premined
>vitalik sold off a large portion of his coins early on
>smart contracts are a meme
>total coin supply isn't written in stone like Bitcoin
>moving to proof of stake could be a disaster
>protocol development is wreckless
>vitalik asked exchanges to halt trading after the DAO
>the hard fork after the DAO destroyed the blockchain's immutability

Saying that yes I do regret not buying into the ico and I do regret not buying the 2 big dips,I think Ethereum has a future but it won't replace Bitcoin.

Someone redpill me on ETH
I am considering buying $50,000-$100,000 worth of it.
How would I even go about something like this? And could I cash it back once I decided I made a good profit?
I have a lot of disposable income, I am currently investing into real estate but it's slow and boring. I want to be a shark investor but 99% of startups are retarded.
So I might as well try crypto-currency, I still regret I was poor back when BTC just started

Just buy some. Put like $20k in. You will always regret not going all in when it goes to the moon but you could end up a multi millionaire when ethereum becomes bigger than bitcoin which it surely will

investing $100k wouldn't hurt me
My biggest concern is how to buy that much ETH and how would I cash it once it's worth millions?

you spread it out over a couple of days ofcourse, buying 100k worth of eth wouldn't put a dent in it. ~$40m is being traded daily.

Because bitmex collateral has got to be in bitcoin. Also bitcoin is on a long uptrend, while eth is *maybe* "reversing" from a long downtrend.

Would be cool with holding some eth if I could trade xbt futures with it, don't think that's possible though.

>total coin supply isn't written in stone like Bitcoin
So it's basically a blockchain fiat

>moving to proof of stake could be a disaster
What's wrong with proof of stake?

Eth is a dead party, cant event make 200% ROI in short term. Best bet is Iconomi coin, already made 500% ROI and it will hit 5$ mark til sumer easily. My friend is affiliated with the development team, and I know what their ambitions are.

>What's wrong with proof of stake?

It hasn't been implemented yet. Eth already suffered a couple of exploits due to flaws in the design last year.

Switching from PoW to PoS can prove potentially catastrophic. In fact I'm personally counting on it: Once casper starts looking like more than vapor, buy. Once casper is actually released, sell. Once the bugs, forks and dumps begin, sell.

>written in stone
>implying bitcoin total supply couldn't be easily changed with a soft fork.

>at least ETH developers don't try to bullshit you and pull the wool over your eyes

Kek. Meant buy at the end.

How does someone like you end up with that much disposable income?
By the way you type I assume you're between 20-24 and below average intelligence

im selling now, on the basis of a pullback to around ~0.011 or below in the near future, then picking up some more for the empty hype that will start building in a few months.

What is Iconomi anyway?

shitcoin "fund" run by a bunch of amateur "investors" from some random eastern european country.

I've been mining ethereum for a while but for the past two days my current hashrate is literally ZERO.

Can someone help me out on why this is happening all of a sudden? I was mining just fine on an RX480 previously.

What did they mean by this?

How is it a meme? It's a safe, secure, and long-term method of holding cryptos. I recently checked the wallet's address, and my coins are still there after 2 years. In fact, I'm planning on putting the Ether I purchase into a paper wallet.

Putting $50 in it biweekly. Dollar cost averaging bros

It's just showing the reality of the world economy not warped by dollar manipulation

already rode btc from 300 to 1200
made 10x since last May, waiting for the dip.
taking my time off for a month of two.
it has been quite stressful

Kek
>Bitcoin is manipulated by the evil Chinks! They're manipulating it!

You've seen nothing yet. Lube up and take the yellow dick up your ass.

I feel bad for not making extra profit if this booms again
but I just can't, I look at the money I've made and I'm quite content.

I am new to coins and trading generally. I have to look every few minutes how the price went. How do I just chill

same, I just can't do it anymore for a month at least, I have to chill, take some vacations or something.

every single second I look at the charts, I just can't

I'm open for ridicule here

I caught couple dips on a row, and I just can't sleep anymore all I'm thinking( this is the time you're gonna go bust, this is it ), I can't.
I'm drinking whiskey right now and smoking just to keep my nerves calm.

pick an entry, pick an exit, and find out what % you're prepared to lose on every trade, and then set your stop loss. do this for every trade.

I could sell my ETH right now with making a little bit profit.
Veeky Forums is really not helping. The memeing goes from ETH is total shit and finished to it's the future and will go to the moon.

If I just never started with this.

But it gives you content and feels

What else do you want from life?

peace of mind for at least a week? I want to go a full week without thinking about charts, and opening bitcoinwisdom

at least for a week

You are right actually.

Btw when is a new Bitcoin dip to expect? 1,226$ now..

no idea, this is uncharted territory

Once in the game, always in the game. I know I wouldn't last long if I weren't able to act on coins, prediction markets and who knows what else

>Once in the game, always in the game.
true that :/
I need to throw my mac,smartphone and laptop away for a week. I'm fucking addicted, go somewhere with no signal.

if youre looking for considerable gains youll be waiting a long time if not forever to get them from ethereum. it already did its 10-15x move last year and its unlikely to make another like it any time soon due to all the bagholders from the last 6 months. so either get out now or be prepared to wait a few months to get anything worthwhile out of it.

>what is 2011-2013
>what is 10 to 50, then back to 20 again
>what is 20 to 100, then 100 to 1000

What do you recommend for at least 3x gains?

Ethereum was something great that failed hard because of Redditor SJW shit involving that DAO catastrophe. It simply can't ever recover. I don't care, I made my money off it.

The first time btc hit 1000 USD people were skeptical, then it dipped hard down to 100 USD. Now years later it's back at where it once were - causing investors to trust the currency more than ever. Btc will drop at 1500, down to 1000, then slowly up to 2000 by May.

>2000 by May

Is there gonna be another chance to get in at $15.50 or should I just buy now before it goes above $16 and keeps going?

Where can I get Ethereum in central europe without paying a high ammount of fees. I'm talking about a small investment of 25-30 coins?

Kraken

I made a small purchase this morning, its not too late, its very likely we'll see it rise to $20.00 over the next week and few days. I wouldn't count out a trip to the moon with it either. Then again its middle ground right now at 15 bucks. If you can afford to lose 20-30% of that investment do it. that's the worst that can happen here at this point.

Saved for later.

What sort of payment does kraken accept?

Stop being dumb and asking to be spoonfed you weak, pathetic yuro.

What race and nationality are you?

Kraken is good. SEPA transaction is free, Wire transfer costs 5€. It's surprisingly cheap to trade Ethereum. If I got this right I only pay 0.005ETH for a withdrawal.

White, american.

thx

>you.jpg

Coinbase wont Verify my ID

Anyone else have this problem? What do

It takes a while.

You are new to Veeky Forums, arent you?

Also minimum deposit is 50€

Took a week for me at Kraken. Be calm and contact support after a few days.

Ive uploaded it with crystal clear pics 20+ times with my galaxy s7

What the fuck. Im so anxious and frustrated

what the fuck is wrong with you people ALWAYS buying the top. oooooh ETH is up 100%, better buy now right guys??? mega kek

Because its another failed pump and dump

Its on then. May 1st, around this time. We shall see.

Its failed only when you didnt made any money off it ;)

shhh let them buy

What did the support say?

Currently mining with 500MH

So far they sent 2 bot emails for ID picture taking troubleshooting when each time I specified my problem

Now its been 2 days since my last email saying the same exact thing hopefully no bots

Who knows... I'm military and my USA ID is from a different state than my reported home address, PLUS right now im living in germany so their website is probably saying NOPE because im on a German IP address even though I changed the country to USA and uploaded a US valid license.

Fucking garbage system. Ask for my social instead for ducks quake. Who the FUCK can upload a clear picture on a webcam.

Nice. I'm at 9MH just for fun. I consider buying two RX480 but it would take months to amortize them. What pool and software do you use?

I am in Germany either and they wanted a Tier 3 verification at Kraken. They want this for Japan either. Took a week. I'm sure they will accept within the next days especially when you stay in contact with the support. Keep calm.

I bought $500 worth at $15.97

did I do good?

What are good sites besides garbage Coinbase to but ETH and Bitcoins

EMphasis on the word GARBAGE

I use Gemini exchange but don't know if that's only a USA thing. They weren't affected by the coinbase and other exchange hacks.

gotta start somewhere

Make online poker great again with Ethereum technology.

medium.com/@jacelace/poker-is-the-killer-app-for-blockchains-ea2e6b88815c#.2buv004e8

What can I expect my returns to be if I buy 5 ETH in 5 days?

No, by May 31st.