Going to be going on a road trip with a friend from CA to NY...

Going to be going on a road trip with a friend from CA to NY. I've never done a trip this long and we would be switching on and off, around a day and a half drive.

What are some tips for this long of a drive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IcTJXzFwEpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Guess I should have expanded the question, what should I do to prepare for the trip?

Why the fuck would you go to New York in the winter?
Yeah, my tip is to stay in CA.

It's going to be in July or August

Bring a huge music library, or get spotify or something.
Listening to the same shit is gonna drive you guys nuts

cali kush
bring a vape pen with medicated oils and just listen to every album/podcast you've been meaning to listen to

oh and maybe a tire-pressure gague

How on earth are you getting across the country in 1 1/2 days

It's a 40 hour drive driving like a faggot and going the speed limit. Going even 10 MPH faster will save you about 4 hours.

>music for that long
LRN2 podcast and audio book. No one wants to listen to music that long. Educate yourself.

So going 20mph over will save 8hrs? I don't believe that

are.... you not aware how average speed affects total distance traveled?

10 hours at 60mph = 600 miles traveled
10 hours at 70mph = 700 miles traveled.

What's the point? Are you visiting a friend in New York? I never understood this road trip meme

You don't believe in literally basic math...... What do you think miles per HOUR mean? 10 MILES per HOUR over the speed limit.... For 2,800 miles.... equals about 4 hours of saved drive time.

>airplanes don't get places faster because they go faster
>4 hour flight across the country....
>because magic......

My nigga knows whats up.

I listened to The Stand by Stephen King during a hellbent 3500km trip through Scandinavia. That audiobook is short of 48 hours long.

and honestly who drives the interstate at under 90 these days anyway?

>What are some tips for this long of a drive?
If you have AAA membership, or know someone who does, ask for a road trip guide from them. They will tell you the best route from source to destination.

Please remember not to carry any california weed in your car even though it is legal in california. If you ever get pulled over in other no-weed states, it doesn't matter that you are from a place where weed is legal. You can get a criminal drug dealer transportation charge on your record especially if the amount is enough to sell to other people.

>4 hour flight across the country....
It's still a huge part of an entire day when all the other time is alloted. Waiting for the taxi or other transportation to show up and drop me off at the airport. Ticket check in lines. Luggage line. Then the security and body scan line. Then comes the waiting of an hour at the gate because you have to arrive early and be near the gate to rush on board. Why when seats are assigned? Because there is a limited amount of overhead bin space and I want to cram my things up there first. The flight may be 4 hours, but there is the airplane taxi and queue to take off plus the landing delay. Then the stupid luggage pick up assuming it wasn't delayed due to their so-called "random" luggage inspection. And since I am without car, it's time to get a rental car. So, it's way more than a simple 4 hour trip each time I travel back and forth.

Fine
>With all the delays imaginable in a reasonable setting your travel time across country, with a connecting flight, is 8 1/2 hours
>vs. putting thousands of miles of wear and tear on your car, paying for gas, and sitting in a jammed car with all your luggage for 36 hours, unable to sleep for the first 12 then being required to drive for the next 12
Pass

Friend of ours just bought a house and we're visiting him to get drunk and do other shit for a couple weeks. We just both like driving, so we decided to take the drive rather than fly.

just bring lots of money.
bring a road atlas
plan your route.
plan alternate routes.
do a little research of "interesting things" that might be along your planned routes.

make plans/options for taking whatever breaks you need out of the car and maybe away from each other, in case you develop a psychotic urge to kill your travelling companion fro some reason. you might need to take a time out

also, be sure to watch this movie about hitchhikers & road trips

The Poisoning (2013)

youtube.com/watch?v=IcTJXzFwEpQ

I would legit never even think of picking up a hitchhiker

same here. i usually only see hitchhikers if i'm on a long road trip. but they are always dirty, scuzzy and sketchy looking.
no way i'm taking a chance on picking up some psycho. even if it looked like a clean, attractive female i would suspect it was some kind of ambush set-up job.

fortunately for me when i road trip my back seat and front passenger seat are full of personal stuff like, baggage with clothing, food, water, personal hygiene items, etc.. i wouldn't even have room to pick up a passenger, so i don't feel guilty passing them by.

I've picked up a few, never anyone I didn't think I could overpower if they got stupid though. They're all usually a little weird/hippyish/on drugs.

One kid said he hitch hiked every where and he thought everyone should do it because he saves so much money this way. I pointed out that he's just making everyone else pay for his traveling expenses... The rest of the ride was pretty quiet after that but he was only 45 minutes from his destination.

>CA to NY in a day and a half.
Realistically that's a 2 1/2 day drive if you dont hit bad traffic/weather.

If you want to go hardcore mode, buy a fuckton of chips and vienna sausages and buy a few gallons of water. You can piss in the jugs and toss them when they are full. Shits can be done on the side of the road or if you are chill with your friend you can shit in the backseat into garbage bags and toss them out as you go as well. If you go through either arkansas or virginia, DO NOT SPEED AT ALL.

I pick up some, then again i live near the PCT so they're all liberals

>You can piss in the jugs and toss them when they are full.
>piss jugs
truckerfag detected

>backbone of america
>HAHAHAH LOL FAG
wew

>>backbone of america

I'm pretty sure you're not my dick.

Water keeps you awake.
If you start to get tired take a sip of ice cold water.
If that stops working, switch drivers.

Don't sleep or drive through CO and UT at night or you'll miss 80% of the scenery
Determine your fuel range and map out gas stops
only get off the highway when there's food, gas, and a highway entrance right next to the exit.
time your breaks to piss, get food and gas in one stop
only buy quickly prepared food that is easy to eat while driving
speed everywhere but california and ohio

>implying i too, don't know the great advantages of an empty 32 oz. size Gatorade bottle

We used to turn them into bongs.
Is that what you're referring to?

>tfw need to piss so bad on highway
>look around for big empty bottle
>only full Gatorade bottles to be had
>sigh
>begin chugging Gatorade as the pressure builds in my bladder
>dick is already out through zipper
>finish off the bottle and immediately start trying to get situated
>the need to piss is unbearable at this point
>finally wrestle tip of dick into bottle opening
>release the flood gates
>oh sweet babby jesus
>still pissing
>bottle is getting full
>fuck
>manage to stop the flow just in time
>cap bottle off
>still wasn't done pissing but the pain and pressure has been staved off
>realize that I've only compounded the problem by slamming a full Gatorade and then not even finished pissing
>prepare for round two half an hour later

I've been there for sure. Still better than stopping at some sketchy, nasty rest stop or gas station.

Mistakes

>road trips
staying hydrated and managing stops for piss breaks is a delicate balance
piss breaks might be one of the most important parts of making a road trip good or bad

Do you and your friend like to play "pranks" on one another?

haha yes a road bojhob