/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
youtu.be/BrmyJWCabx8?t=17s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Master Trial
>Make it to second safe room
>Controller desync saw me walking head first into Ice Talus and wasted a fairy
>That's okay, this safe room has two!
>They fly away before I'm even allowed to move from the entrance pedestal

These irradiated slant eyed yellow moneys are doing this on purpose, aren't they?

>one away from quints

Almost.

How is spirit tracks? the stylus gameplay turns me off but it's supposed to be very good

No offence. But Ganondorf was a mistake.
In before pointing out that Ganondorf was actually mentioned in text, outside of the game, since A Link to the Past.
So let me elaborate. Humanizing Ganon(dorf) and elaborating upon Ganondorf. Was a mistake.

The more you humanize him the worse of a character he gets. As "Ganon", Ganon was always a pretty good ultimate evil and bad end type of threat. A demon king type character or general looming evil if you may. Is it perfect? Well that's its own discussion, but it serves its purpose rather well at the very least.
But Ganondorf? Ever since Ocarina of Time they've been riding the Ganondorf train and the whole triforce trinity Link/Zelda/Ganon crap way too hard.
And just to start off with Ganondorf's character. After the 7 years in Ocarina of Time with him ruling, he's ruling over a real and actual shithole. There are more undead in his capital than actual sentient beings. He is essentially ruling over nothing.
You can claim that he is just plain and simply driven mad by power and is no more than a beast under the influence of power and his undying thirst for it. But then why focus on his supposed human side at all? At that point he is no different from the literal beast they always turn him into at the end anyway, so why even bother with playing charades as a human?
It just makes a mess of things. Characterize him as a human and there is a disconnect when you reduce him to a beast. Characterize him as a beast and his actions as a human doesn't make much sense. It's incredibly awkward when they try to do both.

Where do I find a shark toothed gillfriend

In Wind Waker he was probably the most human and the least beast. But to be frank, that was so different from previous games that it was really a whole other type of character. But of course there were references galore and they really wanted to push that trinity crap.
If anything I am really just kind of tired of it. I am relatively fine with the idea and or concept of "Ganon", because Ganon as a monster or concept works well as a non-character or perhaps even as more of a force. But whenever we get "Ganondorf" yet again I just kind of wish they'd make an original villain.

In A link to the Past, you had Aghanim. Basically the harbinger to Ganon. Ganon didn't have much presence until the final act of the game and you didn't even learn of his existence until the half-way point. And until then Aghanim was your antagonist. He may not have been much special, but he stood out was fairly memorable as a result. A Link Between Worlds even though it acted a direct sequel to A Link to the Past. Had Yuga and Hilda as new character even if Ganon was once again summoned in the end. All of the Capcom games had unique villains. And so on.
But ever since Ocarina of Time there has been an, in my opinion, exhausting reuse of Ganondorf as the same type of villain over and over again. In the original Zelda, Zelda II, Breath of the Wild and others you don't really feel that though because Ganon was the final threat, not Ganondorf. And was by large treated as a relative non-character.

go swimming in the ocean for a few days, you'll find one

Spirit Tracks is a ton of fun, but it's not the hardest Zelda game. If you played Phantom Hourglass, you know exactly how Spirit Tracks plays, but minus the annoying central dungeon bullshit. The train mechanic isn't very deep, but it is a rather fun time waster and an entertaining way to get around. It is easy to get stuck on some places though.

I recommend it. I played it to death when it released and had a lot of fun with it. It's charming and the characters are great. Plus magic trains!

Link is reused in all of the games. But Link as the protagonist has always remained a non-character and as such has much more in common with Ganon than Ganondorf. And interestingly enough exactly due to being such a non-character even minor differences in expression or design has been enough to make Link feel relatively fresh and different since less is so much more when you've got so little to begin with. Zelda too has gone through several redesigns. And with Hyrule itself being portrayed differently basically each game, it reflects in large parts on Zelda's design too. Making her come across as relatively fresh each time even if her role may be much the same in large parts most of the time. And with both Link and Zelda you've got a long precedence of redesigns. Ever from as far back as the earliest games. But Ganondorf? Ganondorf is tied to a ridiculous and I'd argue damaging degree to his Ocarina of Time self. Every single rendition of Ganondorf has looked an awful lot like his Ocarina of Time self, to the point that Demise that technically wasn't even Ganondorf still looked a buff Ganondorf with scorched skin. But it's true, he is popular. To the point where I kind of doubt his fans would even accept a redesign. As stated unlike Link and Zelda there is no precedent for a notable redesign of Ganondorf. I kind of think Nintendo is aware that there'd be a lot of trouble if they ever redesigned him, hence why they haven't. If they changed his hair colour and or body type, would people even accept him? And to tie it back to what I wrote much earlier. If you change him that much to begin with, does he even need to be Ganondorf anymore? Is Ganondorf even a character we need?

Commission someone to make a plush doll of her.

As great as Ocarina of Time were I'd really would argue that their insistence of harping Ocarina of Time so hard over and over again since its release has only served to damage the Zelda brand.

Would you really prefer having Ganondorf in every or every other game? Or actually new antagonists? As much as I love the games I'd be inclined to argue that they really don't need to be any more formulaic than they already are. That the premise remains relatively the same is already a lot. So to chisel the opposition and antagonist in stone as well would be ill advised if anything if you asked me.

Suppose you got dropped into the world of BotW right now, starting on the plateau with a parachute to leave with and the clothes you're wearing now. Realistically how long do you think you could survive there?

I'm actually considering tracking down the guy making it just to confirm its real and not just the bait of the century

Also I want to see they guys work because if he spent two grand on a potato sack dyed red that would be something

About as long as it takes to encounter the first Boko and get clubbed to death

Playing the original Legend of Zelda, I got stuck at level 5 because the darknut rooms were too much of a pain to beat. So I decided to watch the finale on Youtube.
boy what a waste of time that would have been

>The master sword doesn't appear in the original Legend of Zelda or Zelda II
>Those games take place the latest in the timeline
What the hell happened to master sword after Link Between Worlds? Did they just forget about it?

>Tetra somehow loses her tan when she becomes Zelda
Is a delicious brown Zelda too much to ask?

As much as I liked the 1v1 swordfight in WW and TP part of me wants Trident Ganon back

fuck that I want Ganondorf to duel me with a mop

or a shovel, shit hurts

What if Kass's teacher was a time god like Cia and got cucked by every single Link?

You know. I am almost surprised the Sheika Slate didn't have some form of AI.

>Link is consistently depicted as a manlet
>Except as an adult
If the Hero's Shade is any indication, puberty hits Link like a truck and he goes full man mode later in life. Shade is a whole two heads taller than this Link, and Twilight Princess Link was one of the taller ones.

remember this

Nice photoshop, really putting your graphic design skills to work.

Blurry and shitty angled photos really don't come across as trustworthy leaks.
Most of the time, legit leaks are from people with actual access to the stuff. So they just leak the sources to the web.

Like how the Mario and Rabbids thing got leaked just recently. Those were images shared within Ubisoft. It would make no sense to photograph them off of a screen as opposed to just sharing the actual images. And that's what they did. And it's what most legit leaks have done.

Who's been messing with the wiki?

We talking Master Mode here?

He's got to remain taller than his fishwife

Mipha is dead, she has no height

she got my dick high senpai

Ganon was pretty adept with the organ despite growing up in a desert fortress

Only if you feel like you're up to the challenge.

Ganon and Zelda are standing sensibly and then fucking Link is all
youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

Yeah, but what kind of prick writes and plays his own theme?

every composer?

>is this a fucking jojo reference

Were the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask remakes on 3DS not very good? I've heard some people mention them messing things up somehow.

>Midna will never stop your adventure to dominate you for a week straight
>She will never force herself on you after asking if you're okay with it first every night you spend together in Hyrule
>She will never rip a hole in the sky after regretting breaking the mirror to see you again

>that last one

i want to kiss sidon on his fishy forehead
and i want to fertilize mipha's well earned friendship founded on trust and respect

I want to hang out with Daruk and smash rocks together

i want urbosa to put me in a stranglehold while telling me i mean a lot to her

>hya

I want mipha to heal my emotional wounds

The crap in the floating chests ain't too shabby.

im sorry user but nothing can heal what is constantly damaged

I know

what's the gist?

Link is not that tall

I was picking around inside Hyrule Catle on Master Mode right after the great plateau and couldn't find any royal arms. Odd.

did you check the right spots?

I know that Four Swords Adventures is meant for four people but holy shit is it easy still. It's been three days and I've breezed through half of it already

>LttP, The Oracle games, and Link's Awakening are all supposed to be the same Link
Is that one the most accomplished Link? He had four different world saving adventures before he even reached his late teens by the looks of it. Plus if the old man in Link Between Worlds is really him like they imply, he stayed a badass well into old age.

Yeah, I always went to the spot right after the library were the Moblin chills and I didn't see any. It was a bunch of Soliders stuff.

Only the Moblin had the Royal Claymore.

I'm not convinced that Majora's Mask does anything at all.

Downfall Links had the most shit to deal with. Ganon got the whole triforce and absorbed enough of its power to be fucking shit up even 10,000 years later

I was playing with it before, they can't spot you before you put it on or it won't work.
And throwing bombs doesn't help your stealth

How does Breaht of the Wild's Link journey difficulty stack up to the other Links /v/?

triforce of courage in a nutshell

Considering he actually fucking died, lost the war, and had to wait for everything to turn shitty for a hundred years then woke up with brain damage, I'd say he had it tough. Maybe not directly as tough as some other Links who had more immediate and upfront shit to deal with, but in the long run BotW Link got screwed over hard.

He dies so he seems like a bit of a patsy but it took something like 27 guardians to kill him so it's not that bad.
And post resurrection he doesn't have much to deal with so he gets off pretty easy I guess.

>Plus if the old man in Link Between Worlds is really him like they imply
Wait what?
>Gramps also serves a less-obvious role as a secret boss. Once all 50 Challenge Medals have been collected, Gramps can be challenged to a duel in similar fashion to fighting a Shadow Link. He is the strongest opponent in the game, wielding upgraded versions of all the items and gear available to Link.
Oh come the fuck on. And here I thought I had 100%d that game. I guess that's what I get for ignoring street pass crap.

His name in that boss battle comes up as just "Legend" and he can use all your items, including a copy of the Master Sword. They couldn't make it more obvious.

>invite faggot to weeding
>talk to him after it
>decides to come back to my lawn
>load last auto save and let him rot in the middle of nowhere

start off with absolutely nothing, face hoards of enemies with the most overpowering attacks, literally climb up mountain tops across actually blistering winds and scorching deserts, to climb to the highest floor on the tallest tower.

also lets take a moment that in one memory we see he slaughtered countless bokoblins, moblins, lizalphos and even a fucking lynel in just a hylian tunic without so much of a scratch, in fact it takes several guardians of which we see he already bodied before we actually see a legitimately mortally wounded link, who is CLEARLY seconds away from going on the reincarnation waiting list, yet he STILL STANDS UP to a guardian, at Point Blank Range of its WatsGudNigga lazer, yet he STILL gets on his feet with a face that says
>im ready to die tonight... what are your plans?
botw link is canonically the most hard core son of a bitch this side of hylia river. which is obviously the side the gorons arent on, no one is as "hard core" as the gorons. all this while looking fucking phenomenal in women's clothing. get you a legendary chosen hero who can do both.

Hey Zelda, would you make me a sandwich?

>puts wheat bread on your head
now you are a sandwich

You know, with all the time travel in this franchise, it really amazes me that this is the only time two incarnations of Link ever directly met and interacted, and even then it's because of ghost shenanigans not time shenanigans.

watch them pull a sonic generations when ganon's bullshit becomes so potent it punches a hole straight across all three timelines

How hard did he fuck Zelda in Hateno the next night?

look at this: look at how fucking ready he is to land one last swing on this failed pottery class project, look at how fucking done his face looks.
you can bet the left side of your nut sack zelda vowed to rock his trap passing world in a hundred years.

forgot the fucking url:
youtu.be/BrmyJWCabx8?t=17s

While it isn't canon, Hyrule Warriors can have four versions of Link in the same time and place, or five depending on how you look at it. HW's original Link, Young Link which is clearly the one from Majora's Mask, Ravio who I guess counts as an anti-Link, and Toon Link, although they clearly wanted it Toon Link to be the one from Wind Waker since he has he little sister Aryl with him, he can also use the Spirit Train and acts like Spirit Tracks Link when he does, which is a different Link entirely but whatever.

mipha would lose her fucking mind with all these links

Don't forget there's also three Zeldas in one place, HW Zelda, Spirit Tracks Zelda, and Tetra.

I want Mipha to possess her brother and proceed to double penetrate link while wearing the Zora armor she made for him

>A sequel to Link to the Past where you can rent items
I can't believe Nintendo copied themselves and made the same game twice.

>not a solid color
Shit horse

So where does Mario Kart 8 fit into the Zelda timeline?

that face cracks me up every time
>You're going to be just fine
>Zelda did you not just see what those things did to me?

>midna is literally perfect
>she'll NEVER come back

nope
never ever
ever

It took cutscene guardians, too, tons of them. He managed to fight through the thick of it too, since the guardians looked to be mainly in castle town and the Castle itself, going from the cutscenes. And he did it without a shield, so he couldn't fucking parry them. He fucked so many up that the bloody Master Sword got chipped and fucked up. That hasn't happened before, as far as I can remember.

He took down so many that the pampered, nerdy, not physically fit Zelda managed to safely bring his limp, dead fuckin
body to Purah, way off in fuck off land. She didn't have guards, or even or horse going from that forest cutscene.

He's probably in the top 3, if not the top.
He might not wear the proper tunic, but this is easily one of the coolest, if not the coolest, Link yet.

Oh ye of little faith, are you so quick to give up on your waifu? Haven't you played Four Swords Adventures?

>Takes places after Twilight Princess
>Features a magic mirror that connects to a dark realm
>The version of Ganon that uses the dark mirror is canonically the same Ganon from Twilight Princess
Twilight and Dark aren't that far apart really. You get what I'm saying here? If there's one good thing this nonsense timeline as done, it's establishing that canonically there's another mirror Midna could potentially come back through.

Yeah boyo, let your mind run with that.

The lack of tunic, I think, speaks more to that he and the champions/Zelda/King/fucking everybody went about opposing the calamity incorrectly.
Basically I think that foreknowledge of the event led to their downfall because they tried to alter the form The Legend of Zelda's story usually takes and they got killed because of that