Does anyone have recommendations for a tire inflator? I'd like to buy one this winter

Does anyone have recommendations for a tire inflator? I'd like to buy one this winter.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/STANLEY-J5C09-Jump-Starter-Compressor/dp/B00RZXVQSU/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1511606242&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=stanley+air+compressor+and+jumper&th=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get a compressor with a tank. At least 5 CFM @ 90 psi.

If its just for inflating tires, just buy a cheapo one that plugs into you cig lighter. I have one that does air/light/radio for like $25 and it does a digital layout and cuts off at desired psi.

Just go to the gas station to do it for free lmao

>tfw no gas stations near me offer "Free Air" anymore

install an onboard air compressor

>inflating warm tires
ishygddt

well in that case lmao, get cucked

why would I do that

>well in that case lmao, get cucked
t. soyboy

I have that exact same model and it works fine, been using it to fill a slow leak for months now on a car that doesn't get driven often enough to warrant fixing it.

>lives in a "free" country where people charge you for fucking air

soyboys btfo'd

viair 88p

>redditspaces and lowercaseposts
>inflates warm tires
>doesnt own his own shop air compressor like a true ubermensch
Very soy

>ubermensch
>not übermensch

freedom keys

If you live in a house, get an actual air compressor. If you live in an apartment, get a pancake compressor and an extension cord. If neither option is feasible, save up your quarters for gas station fills and spend your money replacing your leaky ass tires. Those cigarette lighter things are trash.

>Those cigarette lighter things are trash
i have one
it's fine
everyone borrows it all the time though

QT's do in my area.

No they're fine. Mine is pretty noisy and fills it slowly but I've never had issues with it

>Go to the gas station
>It costs 50 cents to fill your tires
>"Eh, whatever, I should fill up this tire"
>Put my quarters in and the machine starts rumbling
>Attach the hose to the tire
>There's a hissing noise
>Doesn't sound like how it normally does when the tire is being inflated
>Realize the hissing noise is air coming out of the tire
>Realize something is wrong with the machine and no air is coming out of the hose
>Tire pressure went down to 16 PSI

I'm buying a damn tire inflator

>everyone calling a compressor a tire inflator
Is this bait?

Yes. It's called an air squisher.

Anyone have recommendations for mounting a compressor in the bed of my truck?

if you need some extra items try this their 40 bucks i have the 1000 peak amp i bought for 80 dollars and have had it for 7 years and still works great. Inflation is a bit slow takes about 10-15 min for it to fill a semi deflated tire.

amazon.com/STANLEY-J5C09-Jump-Starter-Compressor/dp/B00RZXVQSU/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1511606242&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=stanley+air+compressor+and+jumper&th=1

I own a Ryobi 18v inflator that I keep in my trucks toolbox. 1.3ah battery can pump up four truck tires from flatish to full with no issue

Can both deflate and inflate, runs automatically, light and compact as fuck, and no need to fuck around with cables

>Just go to the gas station to do it for free lmao
Only works if their long air hose hasn't been stolen.

I don't like how loud those 12VDC portable air compressors are. I have one in the garage and one in the trunk. But I usually top off the air using a nice quiet bicycle tire pump. Don't have to futz around with the power cord too.

Don't lie to me mighty Benz. I have like 8 other tools in their one+ lineup but was shying away from this one.

i bought this one on amazon years ago
it works fine but the cord frayed after a while
its a pretty popular model

You weren't pressing the hose down hard enough.

I could see that working for stuff that doesn't have a 12V socket, but if it's a truck then why not just get a 15AMP compressor? It'll pump way faster and you have juice as long as you have guzzoline in your truck.

lol what a newb

a compressor is like $30-50 for a really good one, and it'll last you forever

i always assumed it was one of those essential things everyone bought when they got their first car, along with a snow brush, first aid kit, duct tape, and a cheap knife to keep in the glovebox

buy a bike pump. Unless you are inflating a completely flat tie, it only takes a few pumps to raise it like 5psi

Get a Viair if you can afford it. If not get the most basic one you can find with the most metal. That digital gauge, bluetooth, wifi, etc will just break eventually and probably render the thing useless.

>have BFG T/A KO2s
>run at 60PSI
>only takes a few pumps to raise by 5PSI

lel, no m8

What flyover country do you live in

No bullshit - I'm very happy with mine
Do you have the orbital sander?

So far I have whats in the photo (brushless drill and three speed 1/2 inch impact) and the non-brushless angle grinder
True. I just like being able to pull it right out and just set it to a pressure and let it work.

It was also like $40 on sale

You'r such an special snowflake user.

I wouldn't use anything less than a brake compressor off of a class 8 truck. I'm sure you can find a way to adapt it to your vehicle, complete with pipes going to each corner of your vehicle so all you have to carry is a hose.

Mabey on new cars with thin ass tires.
My suv tires were down about 4 psi and it took like 4-5 minutes of continuous pumping to top a single one off.

>cordless circ saw

>Mabey

Its surprisingly strong. By no means a professional saw or as strong as a corded, but for hobby use its excellent. Thin blades cut well through anything, its light and you can just swing it around as you please

It draws a lot of power tho, so its recommended to have atleast two big batteries and a fast charger

Just buy a compressor you can use it to the other things too

I don't have the orbital sander I have the drill/driver, impact, circular saw, light, multitool and reciprocating saw. Totally worth it. I got all that and two batteries for $200.