clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Cram in completely unbalanced civil era tech here:
mwomercs.com/civil-war

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=435&l=bf066b0c43c2c17984ef8287801699d7e7582625
mwomercs.com/forums/topic/254529-need-clarification-on-rule-changes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for quad mechs!

What is that quad that someone colored into a damn pony?

Balius

kaylis

who The Doacimator here

Did we time jump yet? What's the new meta?
Can I load up infinite ATMs and SLs on my Shitcrow and be the ultimate shitter?

SRM+SL was the only build I liked more than 12 SPL

Is the dragon ever worth it ? I like how it looks

Redpill me on next week's patch, boys
Is my 75t Mad Cat going to be dumpster fodder?

>clan
Pretty much.

No, you dolt. The whole reason the Madcat is good because it can take whatever the fuck it wants. You might need to switch to heavy lasers, or ATMs, but it'll be fine no matter what.

That said why the fuck do you care about running good mechs instead of whatever fun shitbuilds unless you're in a tier high enough that you'd be able to answer that yourself?

I don't have lots of money so I just want one good Mech to spam all day

Elementals and battle armor never ever.

What is best SRM to run on the 7SRM Cyclops? SRM4+Artemis?

Nah run it at 70 tons instead.

>official forums are just old grognards complaining about balance when they haven't been present on the leaderboards for the past 5 seasons

Where were you when Kit and Rancuck became a couple?

List konglings who are forever alone.

CAN SCAT RUN 6X HEVY MACHINE GUN + ATMS NEXT PATCH?

>>>/MWLL/

What kind of evil person would lie to someone like that?

None of the new clan weapons are worth using.

Madcat is fucking garbage and the whole it can take whatever it wants is a joke since the only viable heavy setup is dakka or goose pepsi, both of which the nygger does better.

>clan HMG's are 0.5 tons each, plus minimal ammo
>SHC can have one spare Missile slot with the machinegun array pods
>ATMs are 1.5/3.5/5/7 tons, plus ammo
Do the math.
Probably, but not great, and why the literal fuck would you run two weapon systems, which are incapable of operating within the same ranges.

Haruko X Phililipe when?

try this out:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=435&l=bf066b0c43c2c17984ef8287801699d7e7582625

Not yet.
ATMs were a gimicky piece shit in the pts, worse than lurms even, with minimal range and a playstyle that encourages to get suicidaly close to minimal range for proper damage.
In turn if you got to far out ATMs started to do trash damage.
Low tube count also; fodder for ams.
Unless ATMs are improved upon relase I would continue to use srms, but with the new micro lasers.
I tested 4x asrm6 + 6x micro pulse shitcrow with success.

6x asrm6 + 1 asrm4 in the ct

I didn't play the PTS but I'd heard ATM's were alright. But really though, the second paragraph was there for a reason. Lower tiers are a magical place, guided missiles and shitty lasers legit work better down there than pinpoint damage. And even if you disagree, you really just can run whatever shitbuilds. Also, not running pepsigoose as well as a nigger doesn't mean you can't run it at all.

Haruko

ATMs and heavy lasers are somehow worse in everyway except damage per ton than standard lasers.

The builds for clans are hardly going to change.

The good clan mechs though are completely different. Engine desync fucked all the fast clan heavies over 65 tons.

Recommending someone a timberwolf is like telling them to play a dragon now.

More or less this.
Only fucking turret wolf build that remains fun to me in any shape or form, is 2x uac10 + 5x ersl.
If I would want to laservomit, i'd pick bringer or ebin.
If I would want to goosepepsi or dakka, I'd pick niggyr.
If I would want to brawl or lurm, I'd pick mad doge or onion IIc.
Sad really, the quad srm6 and six small pulse timberwolf was so much fun.
Now the spl is dead and the wolf is so immobile that it sucks at brawling.

>timberwolfs = dragons
Come the fuck on nigga

I already have a Tree Dog, Ebon Jag, Scat and three Shitcrows so it's not like I can escape it.

maxDPS MGun Scat was the most fun I ever had despite it being worse than the Splatcrow/Pulsecrow in almost every way.

Your right the dragon is going to be much better on tuesday. Sorry sempai my mistake.

>Recommending someone a timberwolf is like telling them to play a dragon now.

Statements like this are how you can tell someone is a shitter

>despite it being worse than the Splatcrow/Pulsecrow in almost every way
Being able to instantly finish off anybody with stripped armour was kinda neat.

Is this how I do it?

It's so great! But unlike the Shitcrow you can't afford to lose either side even a little bit, losing all 6 MGs or both SRMs + the laser is a death sentence; a 6SL + SRM Shitcrow or 3x SRM + 1SL Shitcrow is crippled but still viable.

how quick does smurfy usually update after a major patch?
i want to plan shitmechs

I just hate to see people suffer through shitmechs that people still think are good because they used to be meta a year ago.

Times change and pgi is intent on making sure this is an IS game.

How else can they balance out the retards that lose in faction warfare events?

The plural of wolves is wolves

I'm aware.

Wait

Which of the new weapons ARE good? Can I soup up my NCIX Cent with a light engine, Rocket Launchers/MRMs and Rotary ACs and shit?

I kind of feel like the memegun scat is a powerdown and wait till the end of the game and face fuck everyone with your megaguns.

I kind of think maybe using a PPC and sniping until the brawl happens might be the best way to play it.

Then you can rip through people that get close.

Will clan MPLs remain minimally viable in the Civil War?

>LFE
Good if your using a standard before. Its a free 30-25 engine rating increase, thats not needed because engine desync.

>MRMs
Probably better on slower missile brawlers unless you can close the game real fast then srms are better.

>RACs
Unless they seriously change it on the release version its going to be shit.

>Rocket Launchers
Pretty decent actually if you have spare tonnage. But its probably not worth losing heatsinks over.

UAC10 and UAC20 are both pretty gud for IS.

HMGs are also cool for that lightweight ballistic option.

Overall the new ppcs are very good to mildly bad depending on which you use.

It's going to be great day for the INNER SPHERE and a sad day for the Clans.

Probably the best clan laser right now and forever for what it does.

It somehow didn't get wrecked like the SPL did and ghost heat means you can use a decent amount of them.

Hopefully we can direct pgi's attention to 80 damage for 8 tons heavy medium lasers and they will leave the MPLs alone.

Why are there 2 threads?

>then vs than

Will Rancor accept the pegging, or flee in terror? Find out on the next episode of MWOG.

People really don't like the RAC/5 from what I read around here, but I tried it while the PTS was still up and they felt fine. It's a higher DPS than a UAC/5, but the RAC/5 doesn't have pinpoint accuracy like the UAC/5 which can mean you'll be doing less if you miss shots. The RAC/5 also runs a bit cooler than the UAC/5, which is great, especially with stealth armor. On the Cent though you're probably still better off with a different ballistic since you'd only be able to take one RAC/5 in the arm.

Light engines are great, rocket launchers do solid damage but are obviously gonna be a meme due to the one-shot nature of them, and MRMs are fine but from my testing felt a little too hot and they're not as accurate as you'd like them to be either.

Some retard started the new general 50 posts early.

>rocket launchers do solid damage but are obviously gonna be a meme due to the one-shot nature of them
?
you can't reload them?

Must have been A murican

So I have a wlf-2 with dual med pulse and 4 meds and I'm loving it. It's a bit slow for a light but other than that it's nice. That being said, what would be a good fast med mech? Was thinking the assassin.

Will Cougar be a decent alternative to Cheetah/Jenner?

i regret buying the timber wolf

everyone said it was worth getting but i never liked it more than my shitcrow and ebinjag, it never did anything better than them or the niggyr even 6 months ago

Hell no. It's a slow piece of shit and is more like a medium without the survivability.

why can't more mechs be fast and strong like the stormcrow? 110kph with good weapons isnt that much to ask for

Robots.

goto bed

Impossible.

incomprehensible!

pay to overperform

Since MRMs are going to track the point of aim now while launching they should be good complementary weapons to RACs. Assuming RACs are better in the release build of course. Incidentally LRMs would be fine with RACs because you have to stare at the enemy anyway and a tracking weapon will help with hitting the enemy even if you are busy leading your target with the shell streams.

>clans still cant scout with the stormcuck
kek

A wild Robinsage was spotted.

wrong thread idiot

You dare?

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/254529-need-clarification-on-rule-changes/

Truly the highest skilled of all e-sports tournaments.

do people even play that mode

why do old men love IS so much??

While I hope they do something to make ATMs worth taking, I don't expect it. It was the one piece of upgraded Clan tech I was looking forward to and it's dead before release. SRMs are for SHOTGUN. Streak SRMs are for BUG KILLER. ATMs are (at least in TT) for beating up nerds on the way before you punch them in the face. Yes, it's supposed to have a minimum range, but the whole point was that they were meant to hit like SRMs at a longer distance. If I wanted to plink someone for 1 damage per missile at max range (and watch most of my shots get immediately shot down by AMS), I'd just use an LRM. At least C-LRMs don't have a hard minimum range.

I was also looking forward to the Cougar but it's just so disappointing. It's even slower in game than in tabletop, and while it has ample weapon space, it simply doesn't have the speed or the armor to make it count. With how most quick-play matches go it'll probably just get chewed up before it can put its weapons to good use. The only one I'd consider taking at the moment would be the H for its jump jets and ECM, and even then I'm not too sure. I'll probably get one anyway because I'm a Falcon and it's cute af pic unrelated but wanted

>I was also looking forward to the Cougar but it's just so disappointing.
Why would you be looking forward to a 35 ton Heavy?

Why do 35t Heavies exist? Every mech lighter than 55/95kph is complete horse shit 9 times out of 10
it shouldn't be that way, they deserve to be at least a little faster

Because I've used the Cougar before outside of MWO and enjoyed it, that's why. But as we all know, MWO is an incredibly well balanced game that takes all mechs into account. Without quirks, I'm aware the Cougar is going to be shit, and even then it's still going to need help with plenty of skill tree points too. However, as I said, I'll still probably end up getting it anyway. Why? Because I like the damn thing.

>MWO is an incredibly well balanced game that takes all mechs into account
Given the practically infinite amount of possibilities, it's not exactly feasible to perfectly balance a game like this.

I think their biggest mistake was including more than one variant of each mech. If they all just had one, a lot of the mechs that are now obsolete would actually have a use because there wouldn't be a variant of a better mech to replace them.

The variant set up does have its drawbacks, but unfortunately it's tied to it's start with purely IS mechs, the even more grindy 'mastery' system, as well as PGI's desire to maximize dosh. Why get only one mech that you can customize endlessly when you can force the user to buy or grind three of the same mech in order to not only make it viable, but to also have any sense of variety with it. It was slightly relieved with the introduction of omnimech pod-swapping (though if you have any worthwhile quirks fuck you for trying to draw outside the lines), but there's still constraint on just about every mech. There's also tons of small 'balance' things that deviate from the tabletop system and canon that add up here and there, more often than not to a mech's disadvantage.

>when you find that multiple Clan mechs run slower than they do in canon
>the Cougar needs full points in Speed Tweak just to get to the speed it is supposed, let alone any faster

PGI knew from the beginning they'd be introducing new IS tech at some point. They knew they'd have to add Clan tech eventually, but they knew they could make IS stronk not too long after. Clan tech didn't need nerfs if IS gear was going to get boosts anyway.

PGI didn't know shit

>muh fairness
all IS dogs must be wiped out

Quads confirm, delete IS

PGI were ready to ditch the shit and flee into space, my man.

That was a fun night, can't find my Pig Citizen relics but I remember it well.

>do 1200 damage
>team should have this
>last remaining teammates are LRM roughneck with no ammo and a kit fox with a single uac2

ok

>mfw I have absolutely nothing to look foward to on tuesday except heavy meme guns
>ass2mouth missiles thoroughly useless except in extreme circumstances that no way reflect the game enviroment outside training grounds
>heavy lasers have minimal use on energy starved hardpoint mechs but their prohibitive heat and burn times mean its probably better to use LPL or ERMeds anyway
>meanwhile IS shitters get upgraded versions of clan weapons and retain all their retarded durability quirks

Should I just uninstall the game? I can't take all the goldman shitters that actually try to justify the state that atms and heavy lasers are in before they are even implemented in the game.

>damage numbers padding with airstrikes

>baww baww muh power creep pgi pls ;((((((
t. didn't play when clans released

if you can't break 4 digits without red smoke you are officially shit

Пoклoнитьcя мнe ))))))

I'm not defending the clans when they were released that shit was retarded.

Of course the goal wasn't to have a fun game but get people to spend 200+ dollars on clan robots and maybe even 500$ on gold painted versions.

But that doesn't mean clans have to eternally pay the price by having their stuff suck ass forever.

What is it going to be like when Jihad stuff hits and IS really is the superior faction with XXL engines and all the other retarded weapons they get. Not to mention new armor types, light gyros and all kinds of shit.

Who am I kidding this game won't last that long.

maybe you should learn to play shitter
clans still have the best mechs in every category, after the update IS will be stronger brawlers and that's it and if you're not fine with that then kys

bitch stop crying

memeguns are fun

A King Crab... with only 6 machine guns. That's gold, Jerry, gold!

How come you dont even have tons of ammo?

Ha epic joke build

Memes!

Are they introducing any Mechs with more than 6/7 Ballistic slots next patch? I feel like the weapons are okay but there aren't enough platforms that can afford to run it.

>no tag lasers

Quirks are stupid.

Connor-kun is so cool lol

and good with his hands

fuck off with your shit memes kakos