I want to work towards a car but I DON'T want to needlessly and selfishly contribute to destroying our planet...

I want to work towards a car but I DON'T want to needlessly and selfishly contribute to destroying our planet. What are my options?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8tvGjU5DGWE
youtube.com/watch?v=kKVSs3-TIDM
youtube.com/watch?v=4eFZEo8CnDg
youtube.com/watch?v=Nf7Y3OmHsck
youtube.com/watch?v=Upe-H6drDK8
electrek.co/2017/11/01/electric-cars-dirty-electricicty-coal-emission-cleaner-study/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Killing yourself is a nice start.

Buy a 4 cyl econobox

a diesel.
you'll just be killing people instead

Literally this. Or do us all a favor, start killing a bunch of people becuase the only way that humans will ever save the planet is drastic reduction of population.

Until we start looking at the root cause of a problem the problem will never go away.

bmw with a camaro engine swap, obviously

>BMW in picture
>Engine says Camaro
>thinkingyellowemojipuzzledface.jpg

Do you know how electricity is generated? Coal

I know this is bait, but on the 0.00001% chance you're simply a moron, electric cars (and a lot of modern cars) do huge damage to the environment. Emissions aren't the only thing that damages the planet.

If you need a car to get around, get the smallest 90s petrol shitbox you can, and strip the interior to use less fuel. Use junkyard parts to maintain it.

Carpool with people and shit too.

mostly yes
and remember transmission lines are VERY lossy. meaning its not even close to efficient.

india is building thorium reactors all over. but they wont be online for years. probably the best bet as far as clean energy at this time.

fusion is a pipe dream.

the problem is we're too selfish and straining our resources to fulfill and endless demand for useless commodities.
> electric cars do huge damage to the environment
not only is this not sourced, you haven't even provided any reasons why this might be so.
>transmission lines are VERY lossy
FAKE NEWS
physics graduate here

as per wiki
>Transmission and distribution losses in the USA were estimated at 6.6% in 1997[22] and 6.5% in 2007.[22

thats not small.

Can you back these statements with evidence though?

commodities are fine, it's rapid population growth that will kill us

unless you want to start eating bugs and living in 100sq ft cuck cubes

that's really nothing compared to heat losses and other sources of inefficiency in a petrol engine. Also

I agree

Let's start with Africa.

running a car off coal isnt saving any planet.
disgusting.

desu if we just chilled out on the international shipping or used nuclear reactors in those ships we'd be ok

why cant they use sails?

This whole hunt for renewable energy is bullshit.

>use petrol (for centuries) to power everything from cars to power generators
>move to electricity because petrol and other non renewable sources are running out, so we use solar and wind
>turns out that solar and wind don't produce anywhere near enough power to sustain our ever-dependent on electricity society, so we move to nuclear
>however, the union men who built the nuclear plants went on their sanctioned hour lunch breaks and forgot to install crucial failsafes, detonating half the surface of the planet
>oh, and we literally have to destroy the planet to dig up lithium, which is the only feasible way to store electricity, so half the planet is now destroyed by lithium mining and we go back to steam engines
>however we still need coal to power the steam engines, which brings us back to the internal combustion engine, so we decide to go back to horse and buggy
>but it's animal cruelty to use horses to move us around, we start walking again
>but the soyboys are too lazy to walk, so we all sit indoors and never leave

is that a z4m coupe with camaro v8 swap?

thought you might like this

Buy used

honestly if all americans were killed the world would be a better place.

haha like how are emissions even real haha just like walk to work

take public transit

its better than either petrol or electric cars, since you arent doing the damage of bringing in a whole new car into the world. many newer buses are hybrids, and a lot of subways and trams are all electric. it being public transit also distributes the waste to a level an individual tesla meme car can't ever match, and those vehicles have longer service lives than personal cars too

Americans are only 5% of the worlds population, retard. If they're really affecting you that much, that just shows how capable they are.
If all of the muslims/christians (or both) were killed it would be a better place.

It is inevitable Mr. Anderson
The sun will engulf mercury, fry venus atmosphere away & earths will become like venus.
Nothing you can do about it so fuck the planet we only gonna shave off a few hundred thousand years by polluting which is nothing since we already would be long gone by few billion

Not to mention you are on a website that was
>Created by an American
>Hosted in America
>Populated mostly by Americans

So if what you're saying is true, then get the fuck out of here...

this post is mostly bait but
>but the soyboys are too lazy to walk,
this always gets me. why buy an expensive electric car full of all kinds of exotic and toxic materials when you can just ride a fucking bicycle?
>b-b-b-but i live 77 miles away from my job cuz im a suburbanite
sorry you live in cuntry with public transit infrastructure literally worse than the third world, but maybe you should just live closer to where workplaces are?

That's a really shitty way to look at it.
If we follow this philosophy we will trap ourselves on Earth and doom ourselves.
What if climate change will prevent us from making the necessary steps to find a new home? What if it slows our progress enough that we get stuck at our place of origin and the Human race ceases to exist? Everything we've worked for would be completely pointless.

is the most powerful board of all time

>Americans are only 5% of the worlds population, retard.
then it wont be such a big loss to kill them with farm implements like in rwanda, would it

>Everything we've worked for would be completely pointless.

>he has so little in his life that he can only find solace in the species existing forever to "mean something"

haha nigga how can existential dread even be real haha like just have fun in your own life haha

>honestly if all americans were killed the world would be a better place.
Not even american, but killing all americans would mean the world is that much closer to global communism.

Who the fuck cares?
we are going to run out of fresh water before global warming becomes a real problem.
probably a good thing if the ice caps melt.

americans invented sjws and brought us BLM and shit

without american media polluting the minds of the rest of the west, we would likely retreat somewhat from the clown world we live in today

Earth already on that with that volcano in south pole with no help from us at all and would happen if we didnt exist at all.
Thank Maui

That or a comet will do it, comet caused the younger dryas cooling the earth and raising sea levels by 400 feet then another comet ended it about 1000 years later and thats the climate we have now.

see the giant spike at the younger dryas?
weird how sea levels rose while it got colder right?

I just think it's important that we keep our race alive. That's it. I don't care about myself, I care about my contributions towards a better future.
Get over yourself, dude.

Then get on terra-forming Mars cause thats the only way to preserve species not fucking around with elec cars to make youself feel better

You can always ride a bus.

>I want to work towards a car but I DON'T want to needlessly and selfishly contribute to destroying our planet. What are my options?

Start killing people.

Less people = less pollution & more resources to spare.

Try eating less meat perhaps you don't have to be a vegan douche though eat less not none

he can start with himself and work from there

One of those massive intercontinental container ships produce as much pollution as 50 million cars. There are nearly no regulations for them. And there's around 6,000 of them in the world and their engines run nearly 24/7. The problem isn't with cars.

I heard some companies are intoducing experimental hybrid wind and diesel powered ships to cut fuel spending

Trips of truth. Overpopulation is devastating our planet much more than cars are.

WW3 when?

>stop believing globalists who push globull warming as a means of taxing the afraid
>buy a gas engine car
>?????
>profit

Fpbp

start by not being a faggot

>stick your fingers in your ears
>go "lalala can't hear you I want to be selfish"
>???
>your grandchildren won't even have breathable air
Pic related.

all cars destroy the environment. Petrol in combustion engines, batteries, and the processes to make the metals used in the cars.

No car is needless if you need it to function in the 21st century. However you can be selfless by taking the bus or maybe just carpool.

actually it was Bolshevik jews that created sjws back during the cold war in an attempt to destabilize the united states through the educational system. What we have today is just a byproduct of that.

#
Hybrid diesel should have been mandatory for ships since 20 years.
Fucking U-Boote were hybrid-diesel powered.

They should all be running on fucking nuclear power.
the big ones anyway.

Drive an electric car. They're awesome!

youtube.com/watch?v=8tvGjU5DGWE
youtube.com/watch?v=kKVSs3-TIDM
youtube.com/watch?v=4eFZEo8CnDg
youtube.com/watch?v=Nf7Y3OmHsck
youtube.com/watch?v=Upe-H6drDK8

if you leave it to the free market like it should be your grandparents will be able to buy Air™ at any local store at low prices

grandchildren*

Just like in Spaceballs!!
Hail Screwb!

>mostly bait

From my understanding that's exactly what's going on. No one genuinely thinks solar and wind provide enough power for our electronics obsessed society, now you wanna add cars to the equation? And if fuel is so limited and we consume so much of it, why do we still sell fuel after nearly a century? Nuclear power plants are not safe at all, the fact only nuclear plants have failed catastrophically and not others should be a testament to that. What about the irreversible damage done by lithium mining?

Old diesel without DPF should do the trick.

>Half way through the thread before someone posts the real answer
Buying any new car will put more pollution into the world through its manufacturing and transportation than the car will in its entire life.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg… and my arm… even my fingers. The body I’ve lost… the comrades I’ve lost… won’t stop hurting… It’s like they’re all still there. You feel it, too, don’t you?

The first post is always the best post.

Except solar provides far more energy than we'll ever need

It'll be hard to beat the price of bunker fuel, which is literally the shit that's left over after all the other useful, cleaner fuels like gasoline, diesel, kerosene, etc have all been sucked out of it. Pretty much no one can use it for fuel besides large ships, so there's always an excess of it.

Makes sense to me, cooler climate causes moisture in the air to condense and lead to more precipitation, therefore filling the oceans.

one flight creates more pollution than your entire driving career, kys in your electric powered wash basket with an ipad meme attached.

killing people saves the planet, diesel is the way

Car emissions are a joke, you normie cuck

>From my understanding that's exactly what's going on.
Remind me when "half the surface of the planet" was "detonated"?

Future so dark i don't even have to wear shades!

A single jumbo jet taxiing just one time only for takeoff will more than make up for all the effort you spent "saving the planet".

>thinks smog is related to GLOBAL WARMING and is not just a symptom of COAL and OIL burning in shitty countries

not everything is the big bad cars fault. fun fact though: more electric cars means more battery manufacturing means more smog due to powering more factories.

Wrong, electric cars are greener when compared to ICEs and diesel, even when including the pollution that comes from the battery pack, it only becomes iffy when you live in a shithole like Poland where you use fucking LIGNITE for energy production. As you see, in countries that rely on Nuclear (see. France) or renewables (see. Sweden), EVs are muuuuch cleaner

electrek.co/2017/11/01/electric-cars-dirty-electricicty-coal-emission-cleaner-study/

Don’t be so gay, electric cars hurt the environment more because of the materials needed to make the batteries

>Killing yourself is a nice start.
>you'll just be killing people instead
>Literally this. Or do us all a favor, start killing a bunch of people becuase the only way that humans will ever save the planet is drastic reduction of population.
>Trips of truth. Overpopulation is devastating our planet much more than cars are.

I think we have a consensus.

Overpopulation is the thing that must be addressed.

One of the main reason we have 6000 or so huge cargo ships is that everyone constantly buys foreign shit that must be shipped somehow.

is that the same kind of study that said diesel was clean until Europe was choked by pm2.5?

I call horse shit. not to mention that all the production WILL come out of china and all the mining for battery components (lithium) and gold/copper for the wires and circuitry.

Finally I cant believe you would call Nuclear energy "clean" after incidents like Fukushima and Chernobyl have taught us that we are 1 step away from more damage than gas can ever do. Even if they don't fail we still have to deal with the spent fuel rods that come out of the reactors

this is the problem we encounter when people latch onto a study and start dry humping it like gospel. You ignore the bigger picture.

Buy a used economy car. Cars take just as much energy to MAKE as they consume during their LIFETIME.

>coal power station losses
>HV boost transformer losses
>transmission line losses
>substation losses
>local power losses
>240v losses
>car charger losses
>battery losses
>electronics (esc + car wiring) losses
>motor losses
>transmission losses
>tire losses
>air resistance losses

still not that great.

Because that's super slow, limits ship size and cargo placement, and there's more stuff that can break if the weather gets bad, so they won't if nobody forces them.

>10% at extreme distances
>Lossy
lol

>destroying our planet

don't worry, cargo ships and airlines will do that for you. they make diesel semis look clean.

cars contribute to local air quality problems at the worst.

what you actually want to do is buy local eveything...which means not buying a car at all. even if you buy used you'll still need petrol products and parts that ultimately came from god knows where. fuck, don't even buy a bike. it was probably shipped from taiwan along with five million other bikes.

>I DON'T want to needlessly and selfishly contribute to destroying our planet

Here's the thing.
We're going to run out of gas in ~60 years and we're going to smoke every single ounce of it. If you don't use it, someone else will. ALL that shit is going into the atmoshpere no matter what.

>
>> electric cars do huge damage to the environment
>not only is this not sourced, you haven't even provided any reasons why this might be so.
Mining the stuff to make the batteries. The toxic shit in the batteries once they need to be disposed of.

Just don't use permanent magnet motors, especially made in china. It's an environmental catastrophe how they mine neodymnium.

>when you're gay and retarded at the same time

Fancy new electric cars are made from brand new cimposite matierials. Cant be recycled or fixed with junkyard parts. Most require techs to break down and service with more brand new unrecycleable parts.
Shitbox melts down into more shitbox, EVs are trash once used. This is hard to grasp but...Suvs are better for planet than prius. Sorry.

It just doesn't though. The amount of land needed for solar fields to power the world would be immense. Not to mention solar panels require rare earth metals to produce as well.

>we're going to run out of gas in ~60 years
People said that shit 60 years ago. We have a lot more than that left.

Are you like some sort of EV industry shill or something?

i am all for this since africans dont impact the planet much
would be a good place to move a bunch of poos and it would greatly benefit the world iq

I'm a day late but the truth was not, this.